PDA

View Full Version : Meeting new cd'er for first time

sami1952
09-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I always wonder what it would feel like to meet someone else (cd'er) but never had the chance.Exchanged e-mail a couple of time with others but it would only last for about a week or so then they quit e-mailing me.It took my so finding me out for me to come out of the closet and never been happier since that day.i know it hard for some people to come out,but i did, i just want to be able to meet some one else with out be string along.please don't do that to people,lt hurts when that happens.maybe some day i'll meet some other cd'er and enjoy being with them.

SandyR
09-23-2007, 07:39 PM
I know the feeling have chatted with others several times, but never lead to meeting in person. Maybe I am just not ready.........Oh well, still love to dress, and no plans to stop trying.

Hugs.

SandyR

Marcie Sexton
09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm sure it is a bit unnerving for all parties involved...

My wife and I are making plans to meet a couple now...I also have a good friend who shares simular interests professionally. We are planning a meet to share a cup of coffee and chat about our common interests in business and family...

Hopefully as I put faces to voices I will make long lasting friendships...

Kari Lynn Franks
09-23-2007, 08:07 PM
what part of tx are you from ?

sami1952
09-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Oh,I about 60 miles north of austin.

Kari Lynn Franks
09-23-2007, 08:26 PM
that would put you between temple and waco?

sandra-leigh
09-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Oh,I about 60 miles north of austin.

That places you very nearly due south of me (go 1300 miles straight north, and about 25 miles east). Heck, you could drive up for a Saturday evening and be back home by Monday morning :D

More seriously: the reading I've done on here suggests that the Tri-S community in Austin is very active and diverse, pratically a Destination for people like us. I think you should be able to find some symatipco souls if you can make some of the Tri-S outings.

Rosaliy Lynne
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
I always wonder what it would feel like to meet someone else (cd'er) but never had the chance.Exchanged e-mail a couple of time with others but it would only last for about a week or so then they quit e-mailing me.It took my so finding me out for me to come out of the closet and never been happier since that day.i know it hard for some people to come out,but i did, i just want to be able to meet some one else with out be string along.please don't do that to people,lt hurts when that happens.maybe some day i'll meet some other cd'er and enjoy being with them.

I am not likely to get to Texas this year BUT if you, /w or /wo your SO, ever get to Vegas, I will be happy to meet over coffee or lunch or whatever.

Actually Carrie, I wanted to comment on your 'quote' after your comments and forgot that the quote facility does not pick that up. (blonde moment here) anyway I wanted to say - ugly my foot. You look plenty good enough to me. :tongueout:heehee::tongueout

Kari Lynn Franks
09-23-2007, 08:42 PM
oh stop it rosaliy you're making me blush

amy lynn
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
i always wanted to meet other cd but never found any

AmberTG
09-23-2007, 09:26 PM
I think that possibly the easiest way to meet other CDers in person is by having the same interests or hobbies in common, then it's not just about CDing. That can add a lot to the comfort level for both people.
This assumes, that you're not trying to meet someone for a sexual encounter, of course. That would be a whole different ballgame, one I'm personally not interested in, but that's just me. Each to their own, that's my motto!

sandra-leigh
09-23-2007, 09:31 PM

A direct search of the Member list for Harrisburg finds at least other active (today) member, and another who was active no more than a month ago (e.g., who might respond to email).
And Salandra can't be very far away either; she probably knows of numerous others and of the local resources.

As I look through some of the other member entries for PA, I see reference to "The Erie Sisters", which I presume is a CD organization

sami1952
09-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I"m Belton,been here for about 22 years.

Joy Carter
09-23-2007, 11:19 PM

"The Lake Erie Sisters" are getting together for a few days of shopping, eating out and touring this November Hun.
Put the L E S into the search function. It sounds like a great time. Besides going out in public with others, is a sure way o get you out of your shyness. :hugs:

Jazzmine
09-24-2007, 01:11 AM
It sems to be a common theme this not being able to find someone near you.

There are numerous CDs everywhere but we all hide away waiting for someone else to make the first move. If you are still in the closet, reaching out in person feels quite risky because it will need to be discrete.

I mean can you imagine explaining to your SO why you want to meet up with George or Georgette on Saturday afternoon just to go shopping..... "Yeah right!"

I like that idea about having a CD friend interested in the same activity(s) as yourself. It can be quite bizarre striking up a relationship with another guy while you're in guy mode talking about your girl stuff. So having another interest gives you that safe ground plus the basis upon which to build a long term friendship.

I guess also not everyone wants to be with or needs other CDrs in their life!
For some liberated CDrs, CD is something very personal to them and they don't need accomplices to have fun. I relate to this somewhat myself - I love contact with other girls but I don't want to be a fulltime CD at this point, so face to face contact for me is all about multi lifestyle interests and outlooks.

Each to their own
Hugs Jazzmine

sami1952
09-24-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm not looking for any sexual encounters,just want to meet and hang around with another cd'er,some one with the interest as me,that's all.

Veronica53
09-24-2007, 07:51 AM
That places you very nearly due south of me (go 1300 miles straight north, and about 25 miles east). Heck, you could drive up for a Saturday evening and be back home by Monday morning :D

More seriously: the reading I've done on here suggests that the Tri-S community in Austin is very active and diverse, pratically a Destination for people like us. I think you should be able to find some symatipco souls if you can make some of the Tri-S outings.

Damn that would put you in my old stomping grounds,just guessing here but I,m thinking Wpg.

Veronica

TerriM
09-24-2007, 08:05 AM
I met my 1st CD in person in 1977. I went to a CD party not far from me. It was in a private home. It was a BYOB and you paid $10.00 and got a great meal. I was sitting at a bar they had. I sat next to another CD and we began to talk. I felt like I was talking to myself. Her feelings were the same as mine. She was also married, though her wife knew, mine didnt at the time. It was a truly rewarding experience. The funniest part of the story was as we talked more she revealed to me that she was a city fireman and I revealed to her that I was a city cop.

Yours Terri

JoAnnDallas
09-24-2007, 08:23 AM
I am in Dallas and got the chance to meet others like ourselves last year when Tri-Ess held Holiday En Fem 2006 here in Dallas. Since then I have joined the local Tri-Ess group. I was well welcomed at HEF2006 and at the Tri-Ess meetings. IIRC, there is a Tri-Ess group in Austin. You might try and get in contact with them. If you have a problem, PM me and I will see if I can find a contact for you.

Veronica 1
09-24-2007, 10:14 AM
I met and had coffee with a fellow CDer that I met on this site. We had a wonderful chat and yes, it did seem strange for two guys talking about girly stuff in a public restaurant. It was reassuring to be able to put a face to a name and to realize that I am not alone in this hobby.

Suzie Green
09-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm not looking for any sexual encounters,just want to meet and hang around with another cd'er,some one with the interest as me,that's all.

I think there are a lot of us in the same boat Janie. I'm the same as you, not interested in anything sexual in nature, but it would be fun to meet another CD to talk. Others here made some good points too, namely having some common interests other than dressing. I know I would feel better if I could also chat about cycling, or backpacking, or running a marathon. And having both wives present (if applicable) would be a bonus too, since they'd also feel some commonality. I know there are ways to do this, such as Tri-Ess chapter meetings and things like that. But I've only been recently out in public and I'm still not quite at the point where I'm comfortable strolling into a hotel or night club and interacting. A more discreet atmosphere would be your own home, and I think at first you need to develop a mutual trust in each other before meeting like that. Still, it's something to think about, and if you find someone geographically close to you, I think you're on the right track, starting with regular emails and see where it goes from there. If you've done that in the past and the emailing stopped after a short time, then perhaps that's a good sign that the other person wasn't the one you'd want to meet in the first place.

Mitch23
09-24-2007, 10:39 AM
It is possible but it does take time and effort. I've been out about 6 months and had exactly the same prob - i wanted to meet but it wasn't happening. you chat via email a couple of times then nothing. i started networking by going to nearest support group meetings - gradually started meeting with others and now have a little group of about 6 girls and we enjoy different activities together (no not that - I mean shopping, clubbing, dining, walking, sports etc). so don't give up just take 'baby steps' - you will meet like minded people - there are plenty around and amongst them will be some good friends

mitch

Kari Lynn Franks
09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
same here nothing sexuall happy to be married just looking for hangout girlfriends what cha think if we get together will the so be there mine will
carrie

Rhonda in dallas
09-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I am in dallas and would love to meet with you if you ever get up here. I am also planing a trip down to Austin later this year. I have just started so finding someone to talk to would be great for me.

Rhonda
:hugs:

cdkrista
09-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Rhonda private message me if you would like. I live the DFW area also.

Kari Lynn Franks
09-24-2007, 08:06 PM
hey ronda im in austin would love to get together when you come down it would be alot of fun we even have a spare room for you to stay

Carrie

Secret Sis
09-26-2007, 07:41 AM
I must say I feel the same way... It would be great to meet someone with the same interests - CD and non CD. I'm definitely NOT looking for sex, I'm happily married and my wife doesn't know about my "hobby", but it would be nice to just compare notes with someone in the same boat.

flacindycd
10-20-2007, 07:39 AM
It took me over 25 yrs to get up enough courage to actually meet another

MsJanessa
10-20-2007, 08:05 AM
one of the biggest problems in our community is that many, maybe even most T-Girls are so shy and so far in the closet that they never want to come out. If I had a dollar for every time an internet T-girl made a date with Me then didn't show I would be Ivanka Trump(love her look by the way, particularly her hair) My advice to all you girls out there is get out of your closet and meet some of your sisters---however if you do make a date, be sure to keep it. There is nothing so rude and inconsiderate as making a date than simply not showing up--simply because youre scared to go out en femme--

docrobbysherry
10-20-2007, 08:39 AM
I've read many posts about Tri-Es. What is it, and how would I find out about it in my area? I am as deep in the closet as anybody! But I live in a heavily populated area, so I know there must be many like souls around. This thread, and the posts, have given me new hope. I have no interest in CD sex. But chatting about dressing details on this site is great! Might be fun to do so live, with others. Any suggestions girls?
RS

myspace.com/robertsherry

Carrie Lynn
10-20-2007, 08:58 AM
As you can see from my user name I am just getting started. I have sorta played dressup for years but would like to release the woman within. I too would like to meet like minded people because I feel I am the only one in my area (eastern Kentucky). How do you do it. any info greatly appreciated.

sami1952
10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
When i first posted this, I thought that maybe i was the only one who felt this way, but i was wrong,since then i have e-mail with several other cd'ers and would to thank JoAnndallas for her help and since then i have talked to another memeber of tri-ess group and hoping to join real soon. With the holidays just around the corner, i"m hoping to be a member before the year out. I actually talk to someone and the feeling that i had was, well i couldn't believe that i was actually telling someone that i was a crossdresser.it felt good and i hope it will get better.thanks for all the support.