PDA

View Full Version : why do you all want to be crossdressers?

crusadergirl
09-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Why be a crossdresser its not something most ppl like. As much as i love being kirra at times its not worth it. I don't go by labels so i don't think of my self as cd and just a girl prodigy. Are maybe i'm not anything at all.
My Question is why do you want to be a crossdresser?
What does it mean to you?
Are you worried you will lose your friends or family over something you like to do?
Lately i haven't had much use for kirra, but now that its halloween i'm starting to want to dress again.
But the bad thing i'm starting to talk to more ppl about it that don't know i'm a cd.
I believe you should be yourself and live life how you want but there are to many haters out there that make it hard. I'm not the type of person to be scare of what ppl think are do to me, i love to fight.
I'm just thinking sometimes you have to give up things you love to do for others.
Thanks for all your help in this forum and good luck to everybody here.

DawnRodgers
09-24-2007, 01:45 AM
I dresws because that's how I feel the most natural and at ease with myself. Many times thr feelings go deeper and would rather live my life as a woman and not as a man. Their is no question that I, often, feel my attraction is oftyen to men and my feelings toward women is one of friendship and kinship. Would much rather spend time with women on a friendship level than with men. My interests are feminine not masculine.
Love the clothes, the style and the appearance. As a man I feel so ordinary and blend in with the fgroup. As a woman, I can stand out and be myself.

Joann0830
09-24-2007, 02:04 AM
We all have experienced a feeling, some of us since very young in our childhood and know that deep in our hearts we should have been a Girl instead of a boy. Its not just dressing up, its trying to be the real me but without the painful surgery and the great expense of the change especially this late in life. Its like the person who enjoys his or her previous life as a child and realizes that you cannot go back there but realizes that there was something in that childhood that gave you the greatest pleasure. So you try to relive it in someway. Mine is to try to live the life that I know that was the real me. The Little Girl within that I grew up wanting to happen,but there were issues of family values that we had to deal with, but know a window of opportunity has opened and its the last shot at being happy and expressing the real ME. Joann:happy:

My Lady Marsea
09-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Dawn & Joann said it for me too. I feel the same on all points. I do this now 7/24 because it is the real me and I love the real me. It makes me happy and fulfilled.

noname
09-24-2007, 02:29 AM
I don't consider myself a CD, I'm just me. But why do I do what I do? Because I don't believe other people should dictate to me what I need to wear and I don't need to validate to anyone else that I'm a "real man" be it through my attitude or clothing.

What about friends and family? I'd say it shows you who your real friends are. Family? I didn't call my family up and make an announcement. But I also know they have a pretty good idea about me. They just don't make a point to talk about it. Of course your milage may vary.

eleventhdr
09-24-2007, 03:01 AM
Well that is kind of a loaded question there are some reasons why boy mlaes want to wear what is still considered female clothing but should not be so limited indeed!

As for my own personal reason's it is because when i was still a child i did see girl's as the magical sex they did seem to have something that boy's male's just do not have and very probaly never will.

They are the natural sex as it take's more to make up a mlae than a female feamle's are what everone would be natural if something was not added during pregancy that chnages a developing female baby into a male bAby we would all be female's if not for that so for some of us it is just to dress as a girl and try to feel and understand as best we can what being female is really all about for a lot more of us it is that we really are girl's born in the male sex bodies but we want to change back into the sex that we really do feel we are i am one of those i do wish i was a real gg anyway. perhap's more later Thank's Suzy Ann!

RobertaFermina
09-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Your question is couched in such ambivalence that, to me, It seems more like a statement: "Why should I bother to do what I want when I get so much flak?"

Seems it is not worth it to you, not safe enough.

Valid judgment. Just CD on Halloween when it is "safe."

As for me, I don't know why I do it. But the more I do it, the better my understanding. I'm growing as a human being, adding more feminine understanding and experience to my "portfolio". I'm having great fun. I'm positively impacting more lives than my own. I'm challenging my daughter's and others more parochial views on Gender.

"It works *FOR* me."

:rose: Roberta :rose:

angelfire
09-24-2007, 05:59 AM
I wouldn't say I wanted to be a crossdresser originally. It wasn't something where I sat down and told myself, "You know what would be great. If I was a crossdresser. I think I should become one." I didn't plan it, I didn't hope for it, it just happened that way. I don't really have a choice about how I feel, so I don't "choose" to be a crossdresser, I just am, so I may as well make the best of it, right?

DAVIDA
09-24-2007, 06:13 AM
I can tell you that I never wanted to be a cross dresser! This is what I am. I would not wish this on anyone! Feeling insecure, alone, strange and weird!
Living the life that I live, being a CD, is definately not what I would have chosen if I were given a choice. But, this is what I am and there is nothing that I can do about that. I just have dealt with my life as a CD the best that I can. Whitch I can say that I embrace the way that I have been since birth!

Christine Andrews
09-24-2007, 06:36 AM
I would say that from an early age I had a fascination with female clothing, it appealed to me and I wanted so badly to wear it but at that age I didn't know better and I just carried on as I was raised, intrigued and a little jealous of other girls.

Why I crossdress is simple- its a feeling and desire deep within me which I realised at primary school. A play was being put on and I got a minor part and the role (being Tudor period) required the boys to wear either football (soccer) socks or tights. I didn't own any football socksWhen I saw the tights being prepared for dress rehersal I paniced - I felt scared of myself because I wanted to wear them and I quit the play.

I have regretted that action letting fear rule me completely and denying myself the experience I wanted for so long. Since that moment the feeling in me which has been there as long as I can remember grew stronger and when I did finally dress for the first time aged 12/13ish it was a powerful feeling that has hooked me into this ever since.

Why - because it is part of me which has always existed and I realised that I have accept it and learn to manage that part of myself and learn to acknowledge that there is no reason to feel guilty. I wouldn't say I chose crossdressing I'd say it chose me.

MarinaTwelve200
09-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Dawn & Joann said it for me too. I feel the same on all points. I do this now 7/24 because it is the real me and I love the real me. It makes me happy and fulfilled.

I'll put in MY Two Cents in this thread to balance things out a bit and state that I cd to GET AWAY from the real me. I think that fully HALF of us CDers are like ME.---Although y'all "Fem-siders" and quasi-TS types tend to be more "vocal" and write the most posts.

A lot of us need to take "vacations" from ourselves---our real MALE selves, to get OUT of our personal identity and "maleness" for a while and release the pressures and stresses. CDis a great way to do that and is the ultimate form of relaxation.

Suzy Harrison
09-24-2007, 07:10 AM
I don't think any of us have any "choice" in the way we feel. This feeling finds us - we don't go out looking for it. So we don't choose to do it or not do it.

I never felt comfortable as a boy growing up. Didn't like sports or many boy type things. Even now I feel more comfortable around females than males.

I make a better looking female than male anyday. I don't know where it's going to lead me, but I'm very happy with it..:happy:

Zelda Noe
09-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Because its fun and its what i am. It has cause some problems but so does my playing golf to often.

Zelda

maryjanecapri
09-24-2007, 07:36 AM
i don't WANT to be one. i AM one though. that's like asking someone why they want to be gay, or why they want to be black, or white, or brown.

i have a dear friend who is a black gay man. when people ask him if being gay is a choice he replies, do you think i would choose to have a second strike against me? he says "as if being black in this country isn't hard enough, being gay and black????"

Deborah Jane
09-24-2007, 07:47 AM
As a lot of others here say...Its not a choice, it,s the way we are born. You either learn to accept yourself like this or drive yourself mad refusing too!! If i wasn,t born with this inside me, would i want to crossdress?? Probably not!!

Joann0830
09-24-2007, 08:00 AM
I must have read your words over and over and found that this line says what it all about for you.
"I'm just thinking sometimes you have to give up things you love to do for others"
Every one else believes that WE ARE WORTH it and to give up something you say you Love then You do not have a strong Love for yourself. Maybe its because a lot of us have had this feeling inside since we were Very Very Young and know that there is something different about us and have explored that feeling and really want it now more then before. A lot of us as you can read have found that love of ourselves is quite strong and will not give it up for the fears or ridicules of anyone. I hope that you can Understandwhat I wrote someone once and that is "When you are young you feel your in love in your mind but when you are older you feel that love stronger in your mind and your heart" Joann

Vicky8411
09-24-2007, 08:01 AM
For me its a stress reliever. Sometimes Im stressed and just put some womensweare and it all goes away after a while.

I would like to go enfeme for a couple of days (at home of curse). I dont have a need to do this 24/7.

Sheri 4242
09-24-2007, 08:44 AM
For many years I would have answered much like Mary Jane:

i don't WANT to be one. i AM one though.

Today, I have reached a mindset, where, to not dress would be a total denial of who and what I am. Dressing is the outward and visible expression of a dichotomous personna. Many on here say they don't want to be labeled -- and I can appreciate the sentiment. That said, though, it isn't always that simple. We use language to be able to communicate on a level playing field -- and the words that make-up language have to have definitions!

I have to agree with Robeta when she said:

Your question is couched in such ambivalence that, to me, It seems more like a statement . . .

In fact, it is more than ambivalence. It seems to me that you haven't reached a point where you can love yourself fully and freely for who and what you are. To be able to love others -- and have a positive impact on the world around you -- you have to love yourself first -- which means coming to terms with all apects regarding yourself, including your inner balance and being at peace with yourself.

We all go about dressing (and not dressing) in similar ways -- and ways that aren't similar. We come from different cultures and backgrounds -- and each of us is the sum of our own personal experiences to date, and those that are left to come!

Jocelyn Quivers
09-24-2007, 08:45 AM
I dress because it's who I am. I spent practically most of my life doing everything in my power to get rid of and remove this side of me. In the end it didn't work and my femme side became more and more stronger as a result. Now she is a part of me, and I'm starting to get to the point where my male side is now more of a part of her. Jocelyn

Gurly
09-24-2007, 08:55 AM
In the words of Colin Clive in the original 1931 version of Frankenstein...."It's alive!!!". In other words, my crossdressing is an out-of-control monster. Besides, it's fun and I don't question the "why's" about it. I've wasted too much time during my youth questioning it. It's what I am and I cannot change it.

Marla S
09-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Why be a crossdresser its not something most ppl like.
Quite a few reasons there. In general you attack the norms ... Societies don't like that.
You risk your social status and that of everyone who accepts you.

Its not a question of wanting or not.
You become one, as soon as you buy your clothes or cosmetics in the 'wrong' department.

What does it mean to you?
It means that I have to cope with problems, I wouldn't have if I would buy my clothes in the 'right' department.

Are you worried you will lose your friends or family over something you like to do?
Of course, there are tons of examples of others and own experiences.

I'm not the type of person to be scare of what ppl think are do to me, i love to fight.
Me too, but in the long run it is exhausting.

I'm just thinking sometimes you have to give up things you love to do for others.
Very true.

Marcie Sexton
09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I think what you missed is that although we all feel more comfortable dressed, we also have a sense of duty andf loyality to the family...

Especially if we have family that is accepting...I have and did quit dressing for the family, luckly my wife came to accept me and it has made us stronger as a couple...

While I speake for myself only there is some selfishness when I dress and buy clothes, make up, and all the girlie things I like, I would also gladly give it up for the sake of my family, they are first and foremost when it comes to my life...

Marianna Julianna
09-24-2007, 09:53 AM
I never wanted to me a crossdresser dear, I just am, same as I have the skin colour I do, the eye colour,the hair colour (what little I have left anyway) it's not something I can take or leave, even in my mostly male dressed time I am still what I am.

Valerie
09-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Like others who have replied, I don't believe I have a choice, except to repress or accept, and if accept, how much, when and how. Repressing powerful desires always has dreadful results--it returns in different ways, and bursts out like the alien green creature in the movie... :eek: So it all may depend on how much wanting there is (not "I want", since the "I" gives the illusion that "I" create and control this desire).

I bought some bulbs for my garden yesterday. There was so much variety, so many colors and forms!

Valerie

Mitch23
09-24-2007, 10:46 AM
dunno really - like would be a whole lot simpler (and more boring) if I didn't

Mitch

jennifer41356
09-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I dont crossdress, I feel I am a female and want to express my female side, I love to experience those things, buying cute outfits, looking pretty experiencing the softer , gentle way of life, I wouldnt trade it for anything :2c:

Jennifer:love:

melissaabom
09-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I just want to express my femm side also , it feels so natural
being dressed as a woman .

It's my fav time .

Melissa

paloma
09-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I never felt right growing up as a male. Even from a very early age I have always worn some item of girls clothing, mainly underwear, although it caused some very close shaves at school. I wouldn't want to go back to dressing as a male now as I have a much better life as a female and certainly many more friends. I have always been feminine in appearance so passing as a female has never been a problem. My weight has always been kept in check so that I look every bit the part as possible. Why dress in drab male suits each day when you can have such a vast array of wonderful clothes as this. Life has never been so good and I look forward to getting out of bed each day. I have been CDing for so long that some of my female friends even ask me for tips on clothes and make-up, which only goes to boost my confidence even more. Life doesn't get much better than this.:happy:

Jeanine
09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
I guess that becoming a crossdresser was sort of a natural progression for me ... But from the day I was born, I always wanted to be a BOY ... And I was a 100% roughneck BOY until I was 10 and 11 when everything started to change because of my developing "Girlie Tits"

All the boys at school made fun of me. They called me horrible names like "Mr. Tits," and "Jimmy Jugs." A few of the girls at school offered the "loan" oftheir bras ... My three older sisters made fun of me at home.
And I didn't dare let anyone see me without a shirt and I couldn't go swimming anymore.

I guess the idea of wearing female clothes was planted in my mind when
I was 13, and a friend's mother told me I needed a bra to keep my "titties" from bouncing.

One day, when I was home alone, I decided to see what wearing a bra would be like. And since there were four women in the house, I found a wide selection of bras to choose from. Just by rummaging thru the laundry hamper, I found several bras belonging to Mom or my three sisters. After trying a few and learning how to adajust the straps properly, I found that sister Patti's black lace, 36B, underwire bra fit me like it was custom made.

I just can't explain the absolute rush that came over me while wearing that bra. I admit that it was a big sexual stimulant, but that feeling was just sooooo much more ... All I can say is that it was pure heaven ... And it wasn't long before I discovered that wearing panties, stockings, dresses,
and high heels was the ultimate rush ... And I've been cross dressing ever since.

Hugs-N-Kisses
Jeanine

Teresa Amina
09-24-2007, 12:09 PM
The question reminds me of when, as a kid, I would be asked why I had done something. It was a perplexing question then since, usually, there was no "why".
But the crossdressing question is actually easier- I have always done it because it's the next best thing to Being. Fate gave me a male body to cope with and part of coping was 'dressing. Now I have greater options :D

Claudia Zylindrias
09-24-2007, 01:35 PM
I crossdress for the same reason that i work out, play certain sports, learn and research certain subjects. Because it part of who I am and i enjoy it. I enjoy the feel and freedom of a skirt over pants. I perfer silk and satin to wool, i like beautiful things art, music, history, liturature and clothing. I'm me I can be no other and i shall not repress that side of me just because society has a hang up about it.

charllote34
09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Because i want to continue being who i am not what i am dictated to be !! Apart from the obvious physical differances , whether you are a man or a woman are we not all individuals with our own values and beliefs ?
I find the more i am told how to act the more i rebel!:tongueout

MJ
09-24-2007, 01:59 PM
]I don't think any of us have any choice"[/B] in the way we feel. This feeling finds us - we don't go out looking for it. So we don't choose to do it or not do it.

I never felt comfortable as a boy growing up. Didn't like sports or many boy type things. Even now I feel more comfortable around females than males.

I make a better looking female than male anyday. I don't know where it's going to lead me, but I'm very happy with it..:happy:

As a lot of others here say...Its not a choice, it,s the way we are born. You either learn to accept yourself like this or drive yourself mad refusing too!! If i wasn,t born with this inside me, would i want to crossdress?? Probably not!!

WoW Deborah is so right i had no choice . i tried so hard not to do this but the drive was too strong

Megan_Girl
09-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I am not a crossdresser because I dress this way......I dress this way because I'm a crossdresser.

All my life I have been attracted to femme clothing, the colors, the textures,the feelings that go with wearing them, wanting to look as femme as possible, etc.. I've denied it, purged countless times, fought it, twisted myself up inside over it.... But once I surrendered to the fact that I am a "Crossdresser" I was released from my self-imposed bondage and I found peace of mind and freedom of spirit.

This is who I am....If I never dressed again I would still and always be a crossdresser. I'd just be an unhappy and unpleasant person...... Why would I want to do that to myself?

XXX
Megan

"a pickle will always be a pickle no matter how many people want it to be a cucumber"

crusadergirl
09-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks everybody for your comments. One person did get what i said wrong though i wasn't saying i only want to go out on halloween, i have gone out tons of times as kirra after school and work. I don't do anything the safe way i'm like many of you i'm a rebel. I just wanted to know if others had the same reasons for cding that i did. I think what i was getting at is if your a cd and your not doing anything with it but buying clothes its not worth it. I am proud to be a cd i like both my sides and i enjoy reading all your comments, i respect each and everyone of you. So thanks again.

DeeInGeorgia
09-24-2007, 04:02 PM
For me, much of my need to dress is driven by a lack of physical contact. Growing up with very limited touching, once I got married and could touch a lot, not being allowed to touch and not being touched by my spouse has been very difficult, and CDing when I was a teen was my only way to counteract the lack of physical contact. It also feels right (relaxing) now to dress in women's clothing.

Dee

Tamara Croft
09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm going to add my 2p... how I see it, it's not about 'wanting' it's about being who you are and sometimes it can cause a lot of hurt, heartbreak etc, but that is out of ones control, you can't help what you are and if that is being a CD, everyone will tell you, nothing in this life will ever change it and it isn't anything to be ashamed of. If others don't like it, that is their problem isn't it?

trannie T
09-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I never wanted to be a crossdresser, I wanted to be a. . .LUMBERJACK!

Daintre
09-24-2007, 04:21 PM
I did not choose to be a CD, it is something that I have a need to do. To say it isn't worth it if you don't go out is a bit narrow minded. There are many here who have a desire to dress but lack the confidence or ability to walk on the wild side. I am comfortable in my own home. My family now knows who I really am and I find that I do not fight this as much anymore.

Darlene-VA
09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I have never had a choice in this matter, I always knew that I was different and one day the lightbulb turned on and I have been working on being a woman as much as possible every since. After all these years I have no guilt at all and finally very happy with myself and the woman that I project to everyone else

annekathleen
09-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Crossdressing was NOT on my list of things to do in my life before I die.
I always had a fascination with the underwear, that the girls I used to date
would be wearing. I liked the feel of the fabric, I liked the way they looked on them. I liked the fact they they concealed a hidden treasure, and sometimes
left their scent in them. I remember my high school girlfriend giving me the pair that she had on one night after we made love. I know some where along the line I started trying them on. Maybe in the beginning it was more of a sexual arousal, but I really enjoyed putting them on and wearing them. I started wearing them under my regular mens underwear and eventually stopped wearing mens underwear and enjoyed the feeling of panties under my jeans. The fabric, the lace, satin, silk, etc, always was a constant source of erotic pleasure. Eventually I tried on bras, pantyhose, etc....and I think I got "hooked" I now own all types of womens clothing, although I can never pass in public, but it still is a fun time for me in the privacy of my own home.

SandyR
09-24-2007, 04:59 PM
I believe life is a balancing act, not too much red meat, eat salad, enjoy a beer....etc. Sandy is a part of me, not something I choose to do, I believe I was born with her. She brings as much to me as my male said, in-fact I need both to be complete.

SandyR

Claire3
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
I want to be a crossdresser because i have to be one.Ive tried to give it up for relationships,it didnt work.Dont know the feelings of giving up drugs,but felt cold turkey when tried to give up cd,i just cant and dont want too anymore.i am who i am

KandisTX
09-24-2007, 08:00 PM
I am that which I have always been. Both masculine and feminine occupying the same physical being. I dress for the feminine side of myself, not for any other reason.

Kandis:love:

KateSpade83
09-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I regret being a crossdresser because it ruins your social life and employment. I tried quitting / purging 3 times but always came back. Ever since my last purge I've accumulated a dream collection of skirt suits, pant suits, dresses, chearleader outfits, and schoolgirl clothes. Beautiful items that can hardly be replaced again if I purge. But I feel guilty and wonder when I die and face God he will judge me as a crossdresser. But I tell him to bless me for a change for the better - like a good paying permanent job and a beautiful wife that can fit my size 2 to 8 clothes (mostly 4 & 6). Then I would try to crossdress less and my wife would inherit my clothes so no purge. This time, I can never purge again!

ArleneRaquel
09-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Because I feel that I am a woman trapped in a man's body. Dressing makes me a woman, or as close as I can get to to be one, without surgery. :happy: :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch - Whole at Last

KendallM2F86
09-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I am not a crossdresser because I dress this way......I dress this way because I'm a crossdresser.

A girl's gotta do wut a girl's gotta do...couldn't have said it any better! :hugs:

madayort
09-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I can tell you that I never wanted to be a cross dresser! This is what I am. I would not wish this on anyone! Feeling insecure, alone, strange and weird!
Living the life that I live, being a CD, is definately not what I would have chosen if I were given a choice. But, this is what I am and there is nothing that I can do about that. I just have dealt with my life as a CD the best that I can. Whitch I can say that I embrace the way that I have been since birth!

It's nice to see someone who thinks like me.

Bridget Fitzgerald
09-24-2007, 11:15 PM
To be part of the in-crowd and so the cool kids will like me

KarenSusan
09-25-2007, 12:21 AM

I don't think I ever had any choice in the matter. It is just the way I have always been. It is like asking the question, "why do you want blue eyes?"

BarbaraTalbot
09-25-2007, 01:47 AM
If you're a cd and you're not doing anything with it but buying clothes its not worth it.

I wonder about this myself. I liked going out in the sunshine to take pics, but have no intention of presenting en femme on any kind of regular basis. I think lately it is (seriously) kind of a shopping/acquiring obsession. I have clothes that I haven't assembled into coherent outfits. Some I have barely tried on. If I were to find a needy full-time TS sister to outfit with my clothing acquired just in the last two weeks, she could with a little creativity go a month dressed to work and play without obviously repeating an outfit. My male side can't go 4 days. This doesn't strike me as in balance. hmmm

I it's about being who you are

I just feel I don't really know sometimes who I am. I know I used to look in the mirror while wearing pantyhose or a swimsuit or whatever I had scrounged on the occasion and saw the pieces but not the whole being. I honestly did not see a transvestite, or a crossdresser or even some being I had no name for. I never summed the parts in my mind.

The why shouldn't even matter, but to me it does. And I have no answer.

Chantelle CD
09-25-2007, 04:56 AM
I do it because i can, it opens me up to feeling more, express more, and become a more well rounded human being.

As far as what others think, matters not to me, its about who you let into your life, the types of people you chose to be around, that are conducive to your own well being, how ever that may be. That alone is your own choice and free will. Not to look down at others that will judge your for this, if you dont, you wont get hurt, what they dont know, wont force them to judge, so dont tell em. Do what makes you happy and feel good, what others think means nothing, being around people that love you, for however you are, is empowering. I dont like to try and be for the sake of others, that isnt empowering.

vivianann
09-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I wear dresses because I love womens fashons and I feel more comfortable wearing dresses than pants, The older I get I feel more like a woman, I tried to abstain from wearing dresses, and other feminine clothing, it made me depressed, I am much happier now since I have started wearing dresses again. I am also preparing to live as a woman 24/7. I dont care what other peaple think,you cannot let other peaple dictate how you live your life.

courtney briana
09-25-2007, 12:42 PM
because its more colorful, its more comfotable, and its awesome!

Lisa Golightly
09-25-2007, 02:50 PM
It just is.

Shelly67
09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I do it because its a part of me I can no longer deny. I feel rested , at peace , and sometimes a little sexy.
I,m not too happy with the male aggressive lifestyle I have to work in daily.
But then again , sometimes when I,m annoyed I simply cannot believe how angst I get .
Perhaps Michelle is my relief......
or my better half of my personality........

Dee Model
09-25-2007, 04:34 PM
My femme side is my counterpart psyche. She's my composite; my alter-ego. I love her like a lover.

She's free this way. Like most, I hid her away and tried to kill her before I realised she was a part of me.

And you can't kill half yourself!

Dawn D.
09-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Why am I a crossdresser? Well, I don't want to not be a crossdresser! Since this blessing has been delivered to me, my life in total has benefited and is still developing (positively). I would not want go back to being the old me!

Dawn

SusanMarie
09-25-2007, 05:55 PM
It is not that I want to be transgendered...it is that I am transgendered.
Crossdressing is as expression of being transgendered.

LeeAnn_cd
09-25-2007, 06:50 PM
I can not say why I crossdress there are many reasons but the biggest one is I like to explore my fem side I like to see what it would be like if I was a girl. But also I like the way womens clothes feel on me the softness, the silky feeling of wearing lingerie but also there is side of me that does it because society says that I am not suppose to dress in womens clothes that I am a man and I should act like one.

kymmieLorain
09-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Well the patch on my riding vest says it all "why be normal" I just like wearing lingerie and feminine clothing and shaving my legs

Kymmie

Miranda269
09-25-2007, 09:22 PM
I dress mainly for the sheer pleasure of the feeling of satin, silk,hugging or lighly touching my body. Much the same as my wifes reason for wearing lingerie.

NaomiLynn
09-25-2007, 10:23 PM
I think it's not a question of why do we want to be, we just are, it's merely a matter of self acceptance. I accepted myself quite a while ago, I just wish my SO did.

Best Wishes,

NaomiLynn

sami1952
09-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I just had to answer this question.I crossdress because some where along the line during my growing up years i had this feeling that i was a female inside but a man on the outside. When i crossdress i feel and dress a female without the added expense of getting a sex change. It seems to satifly my desire to look like a women.

eleventhdr
09-26-2007, 02:54 AM
I know what and who i really am even if it is only inside at present!

Suzy Ann!

Laurie909
09-26-2007, 03:07 AM
With me it's more than just about the clothes. Women have kind of a secret society and the only way you'll be let in is if you look like a woman. Besides, I really LIKE wearing cute clothes!

Alice B
09-26-2007, 04:00 AM
I honestly don't have an answer. It is just something that I lke to do and get great enjoyment from it. I did not start as a kid, young adult or in middle age. It just seemed to come on later in my life and I've never felt guilty about it. Just enjoy the experience and the feeling that goes with dressing and as time goes on I have become more involved and get greater enjoyment.:happy:

Chrissy8888
09-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Cross dressing is just part of who I am. When I first started out it was something different and strange. Then I hit a point where I was confused about it. Now it is just part of me and what makes me, me.

Annaliese
09-26-2007, 01:49 PM

I dont want to be a crossdresser, I am a crossdresser, it is who I am. I would not have choose this but since this is who I am then I am going to make the best of it.

Anna

Melissa A.
09-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't say I wanted to be a crossdresser originally. It wasn't something where I sat down and told myself, "You know what would be great. If I was a crossdresser. I think I should become one." I didn't plan it, I didn't hope for it, it just happened that way. I don't really have a choice about how I feel, so I don't "choose" to be a crossdresser, I just am, so I may as well make the best of it, right?

Exactly. Heck, I was 4 years old when I first realized what I was. So it's not like it was a well thought out decision! Making the best of it, over the years, has often meant running away from who I am, often for the sake of a relationship, or fear, or embarrassment, or just being sick and tired of being different. Thankfully, all that is behind me now. Come to think of it, I wouldn't change anything for the world now, so I guess I DO "want " to be a cd! What a wonderful thing! Wanting to be on the outside how much of you feels on the inside, without any guilt, shame, or fear is certainly much more healthy than either alternative.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy: