PDA

View Full Version : Total Ignorance

CourtneyinTaylor
09-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Hello Gentlemen I have a question and I am pleading total ignorance. How far can you truly go in a transition? I ask cause M2F they can do everything but I honestly don't know how far they can go F2M.

Kieron Andrew
09-24-2007, 11:46 AM
if you are asking what hormones & surgery there is for FTMs generally then there is Testosterone for the hormones, top surgery to create a male chest, and also phalloplasty to create a penis.....

if you are asking how far we each personally intend to go then for myself i intend to definitely go on Testosterone and i definitely intend to have top surgery but am still as yet unsure about going for phalloplasty

CourtneyinTaylor
09-24-2007, 11:48 AM
I like the way you put it with both ways I thank you. My next question is if you get the phalloplasty is it usable? Other then just going to the bathroom?

Kieron Andrew
09-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I like the way you put it with both ways I thank you. My next question is if you get the phalloplasty is it usable? Other then just going to the bathroom?

Depending on the technique chosen to create it and the success of it, yes it can be :) but it is not always....the technique isnt as advanced as GRS/SRS for MtF yet

CaptLex
09-24-2007, 01:15 PM
....the technique isnt as advanced as GRS/SRS for MtF yet
Not to mention more expensive, which is why most transmen don't have it done. :sad:

ZenFrost
09-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Not to mention more expensive, which is why most transmen don't have it done. :sad:

And it leaves extensive scars, and the end results usually aren't very good at all. Many FtMs just use prosthetics instead. Which can run for thousands of dollars anyway.

Tobie
09-24-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm so glad someone asked this question, because I wasn't sure if it would be ok to ask. I don't foresee plans of going through any form of transition for myself, but I WAS curious what is involved for FtM.