PDA

View Full Version : Big Confidence Booster

vikki2020
09-24-2007, 02:28 PM
I finally got a day to get out last Friday, after 4 months.I had a full day planned, as my daughter was away for the weekend.Only problem was that it was about 90 degrees here, and a very windy day.Oh well, "work the plan" as Karen Hutton says!!Part of my plan was to go into a mall for the first time, and I made it.Entered thru a Kohls door,and walked all around the store for a while,checking out some clothes.As planned, I went to the 2nd level, and got out into the mall.I was a little nervous,but it was pretty quiet,just a little after noon.I walked, window shopping, to the center escalator, and down to the 1st level.Great feeling,riding down the escalator,kind of "on display" for everyone.The walk down the mall corridors seemed a lot longer than they looked.Now I'm feelin pretty good,go to a couple more stores,including a supermarket, and did some grocery shopping.I was wearing my office girl look, pencil skirt and 3" pumps.Now, the big deal for me---went to Sears, and after walking thru the store a while, went to the shoe department.Now I never tried anything on as Vikki before, while shopping. Found a pair of nice patent leather heels,and figured you all make it sound easy, so I slipped them on.Your right--it is easy!!So I wind up trying on about 10 pair!It's at this moment that I'm really 100% Vikki! What a great feeling.With the heat, and the wind messin up my wig, I was still able to pull it off, not looking my best.And I think I need my best.Really got a confidence shot, so next time,soon I hope,hope to be able to leave the house , feeling like this.Are you able to get in full fem mindset while out,or does your drab self keep a little corner of your brain?

Shelly Preston
09-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Well Vikki that was quite an adventure

I only wish I had the same courage that you have

It sounds like very soon you will get into full femme mode very quickly

Di
09-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Wonderful!!!! I can see why it was a confidence booster:thumbsup:

Michelle04240
09-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Grats on what sounded like a great day.

JoAnnDallas
09-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Congrads......now your hooked LOL The more you go out like that the more you will want to go out. Since you were able to blend in, you were able to relax, be your real self, and enjoyed the shopping. I hope you found a pair of shoes.
I did a similar outing a few months ago. I went shoe shopping at a Payless Shoe Store. I blended in and had a wonderful time trying on shoes. I found a pair I just had to have and bought them.

Sally24
09-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Sometimes it is easier than others to get into full femme gear. If I'm feeling good, and the clothes feel right, then I can get into Sally Mode pretty quickly. Glad you got your chance to be in the sun. It's great to finally be free isn't it?

Sally2005
09-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Sounds like a fun adventure! I takes courage to get out of the house.