PDA

View Full Version : Up on the Stage

Sherlyn
09-24-2007, 06:37 PM
.... well ...let me tell you ...it was a fantastic night for Di and I getting up on stage and doing our act ...OMG it seemed like ever waiting to get up ...we we're told bout 15 mins before show time that we we're third in the set ...THEN...Tyff tells me ...at the end of the set Sher dear you have to wear a little apron and sing in your own voice with me and Mandy ... I think I musta been nervous coz I just nodded ok ...so we then let Sam and Rose know we are going on soon and would they take pics on our cam .... those 2 are awesome and gave us great support just being there ...ummm so anyways ..after that I have to go outside for a min ...but it musta been a long minute coz when we got back in we had missed an act and we we're next ...lol ..deep breath X 20 :D ...we are introduced as first timers ..up on the stage we go ...wiggle from me ...music starts...smile at Di ...we're into it ..its fun ..exciting...adrenalin pumps ..OMG its hot up here ...is my make-up melting ..whewwwww nope ...everything is going just right ..the ppl out front ..well all I seen was a sea of heads ...lol couldn't make out faces at all ...anyhows will tell more about it in the gallery in a few days ...when more pics and the video is ready

Here we are UP ON STAGE:D

Holly
09-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Woo hoo! I knEw you guys would rock the house! Can't wait for more.

Kieron Andrew
09-24-2007, 06:44 PM
YAY!! Di has been learning....plaid shirts!!!

Well done ladies or should that be boy and girl :heehee:

MJ
09-24-2007, 06:44 PM
oh what fun , i wish i was there . i knew you two would be great lol .
the point is you did it .. good for you looking forward to pictures and the video
hugs

RobertaFermina
09-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Yippie ! Glad you made it through.
I'm sure you did splendidly !

I saw your practice tapes, and know you have the knack for these things !

Bring on the Video !

:love: :hugs:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Sharon
09-24-2007, 06:56 PM
It sounds like a blast and I bet you and Di slayed(slew?) the audience, Sherlyn. :happy:

And you both look amazing!!

cindybarnes
09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Very Cool !! Looks like you 2 had a blast !!

Cindy

rose382832
09-24-2007, 07:43 PM
the two of you were amazing and i cant wait till the next time we get to see you two on stage.:love: :drink::drink: for you both and :hugs:

angelfire
09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Looks like you had tons of fun. Can't wait for the video!

Gnome Queen Sam
09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
OMG what a blast we all had. You two were the mark of the show!! Looked great and stole the show.

Di
09-24-2007, 07:58 PM
It was an amazing night!!!! Such a high....and we had two awesome friends for support:love: thanks Rose and Sam........Everything happened so fast it seemed....like minutes before we were on stage. And poor Sher was told ..you are singing with us too..( Miss Ty and Miss Mandy//////////.and heres the words.....lol what a trouper... We got the nicest note yesterday from the DJ saying we rocked the house:D...it was one memorable night!!!

SandyR
09-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Wow! Sherlyn you look great! And you can tell your having fun! She is a "keeper" Di.

You guys rock!

Hugs.

SandyR

Deidra Cowen
09-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Both of you look great and I am very proud of you two! :thumbsup:

Remember us little people when y'all get that Grammy!!!

Wenda
09-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Go Girls!! Over the last week or so, I have decided to work on my Polly Darton routine. Lots of support from friends, family and GF. Too bad I can't sing. Too bad I'm overweight... What the hell if Dame What's'er name from Australia can do it, so can we! Again, congrats girls. That took some real fortitude. wenda.

Sally2005
09-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Wow! Good job! Sounds like it was a blast. I'd love to hear and see more about that performance.

Patricia Danielle
09-25-2007, 01:49 AM
I have'nt been brave enough to get up on stage in a skirt yet, I play alot of Honky Tonk type places and being a Pedal Steel player my knees and legs move alot with knee bars and floor pedals. Not the kind of crowd you would want to be outed. Patricia..

BarbaraTalbot
09-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Congrats on being up there, doing it. So glad you had fun.

For some reason the phrase "up on the stage" I kept hearing it Bob Seger's song. "Turn the Page".

Probably completely irrelevant but I recalled there a phrase about people commenting (presumedly because he was a long-haired musician) "is that a woman or a man..?"

Anyway here is the lyrics, while I sort through them to figure out why this is stuck in my head:

On a long and lonesome highway
East of Omaha
You can listen to the engine
moanin' out his one note song
You can think about the woman
or the girl you knew the night before
But your thoughts will soon be wandering
the way they always do
When you're ridin' sixteen hours
and there's nothin' much to do
And you don't feel much like ridin',
you just wish the trip was through

Here I am
On the road again
There I am
Up on the stage
Here I go
Playin' star again
There I go
Turn the page

Well you walk into a restaurant,
strung out from the road
And you feel the eyes upon you
as you're shakin' off the cold
You pretend it doesn't bother you

but you just want to explode
Most times you can't hear 'em talk,
other times you can
All the same old cliches,
"Is that a woman or a man?"
And you always seem outnumbered,
you don't dare make a stand

Here I am
On the road again
There I am
Up on the stage
Here I go
Playin' star again
There I go
Turn the page

Out there in the spotlight
you're a million miles away
Every ounce of energy
you try to give away
As the sweat pours out your body
like the music that you play
Later in the evening
as you lie awake in bed
With the echoes from the amplifiers
ringin' in your head
You smoke the day's last cigarette,
rememberin' what she said

Here I am
On the road again
There I am
Up on the stage
Here I go
Playin' star again
There I go
Turn the page

Here I am
On the road again
There I am
Up on the stage
Here I go
Playin' star again
There I go
There I go

There YOU go Sher!!!

Michelle04240
09-25-2007, 05:33 AM
Congrats on your debut!! Can't wait for more pics/vid.

I have been invited to do a show a few times, but have yet to make my debut. I have however sung "Turn The Page" a couple hundred times at Karaoke.

Wendy me
09-25-2007, 05:50 AM
wow wicked cool ..... i knew you two would be greate............

Daintre
09-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Way to go you two, it sure sounds like you both had a blast, like the other have said, bring on the pics and video.

Sam-antha
09-25-2007, 07:59 AM
A so pleased you two did it, from me, a member of your huge fan club. Not forgetting your two supporters who got lost in the crowd while yo wre on.
~Samm

Sandra
09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
You both look great can't wait to see the other pics, glad you had a good night.

Shelly Preston
09-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Wow what an amazing night

I delighted to hear it was a blast :D

Congratulations on becoming Showbiz Stars :hugs:

Tina Dixon
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I knew you gals could do it, and Di makes a great FtoM CD:heehee:.

RobertaFermina
09-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Go Girls!! Over the last week or so, I have decided to work on my Polly Darton routine. Lots of support from friends, family and GF. Too bad I can't sing. Too bad I'm overweight... What the hell if Dame What's'er name from Australia can do it, so can we! Again, congrats girls. That took some real fortitude. wenda.

Wenda Darling,

Be Larger than life, and if you end up off-key, do so with your WHOLE HEART and a Big Smile ! 'Cause if you're happy, they'll find plenty about your performance to be happy about too !

Break a Leg !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Sherlyn
09-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Thank-You for all the cool replies ..still waiting for info on where the vid is ...lol ..I can't wait either :D

TxKimberly
09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Thank-You for all the cool replies ..still waiting for info on where the vid is ...lol ..I can't wait either :D

So if I ever make it to Canada near you guys, how about I bring the guitar? :-)

Lori SC
09-25-2007, 09:40 PM
So alright-already, quit teasing us and give us the pictures and video! I can't wait!

Hugs, Lori

Rachel Morley
09-25-2007, 09:54 PM
:OMG: .... that's Di??? Unbelievable! Now, you ..... I can place anywhere. It's those sultry eyes :happy: Great post! :thumbsup:

MoonBaby GG
09-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Hurrah! I'm so happy it went well...not that I had any doubt. I knew you two would knock em' dead & thrill the crowd. :thumbsup:

Sam-antha
09-26-2007, 01:38 PM

Yuo mean you :o lost it ? :tongueout