PDA

View Full Version : E log - 14 days and counting.

CutieJulie
09-24-2007, 10:50 PM
I have been taking 4mg of estrofem everyday for the last 14 days..
here is my breif log. This is all personal perspective and just what i feel. it may not be right and it may all be in my head lol :) let me know what you think.

day 1 -

no change...

day 2 -

things look sharper, don't know if this is imagined...
i am noticing every blade of grass every leaf....

strange....

day 3 -

Everything i look at looks like a painting...
it's kinda hard to explain.. it seems like everything looks better.
is this real.. colors seem brighter then normal..
really feel calm.

day 4 -

I feel care free... so relaxed..

day 5 -

i got the flu... I got a tooth that is causing me pain...
but i am to relaxed to care... i feel at peace. normally i would be really
mad and upset, but nothing seems to get to me..

day 6 -

no change...

day 7 -

no change

day 8 -

i feel like i'm in 3rd person bullet time matrix style mode.. as normally i
would see something and get pissed instanly without thought now it seems as i see something coming and am able to step out of time assess the situation analise it and then deside what i want to do.. no more flying off the handle of maddness i just accept and deal... hmmm being calm is great.

day 9 -

no change

day 10 -

no change

day 11 -

I realized that i'm thinking clearer there was a haze that is no longer
there...

day 12 -

i feel like i'm calm cool and in control... for once.

day 13 -

i feel more confident...

day 14 -

for the first time i feel like i'm correct like theres nothing with with me.

Cara Allen
09-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Wow... this is really interesting. We allways hear of the effects that estrogen has on the body, but the one big question that I have allways had is what the psychological affect is, short term.

Consider this. What if it is really true that we are wired differently? I have spent most of my life unhappy and depressed. I take SRI's now to keep things in check. What if, because of our wiring, we need estrogen to function properly?

Just a thought. Please keep posting, dear. I appreciate it!

stacie
09-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Its true you are seeing things a little different. Colors are brighter and things look more define.

Vaerise
09-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Grats Shark! Cheers to the beginning of a journey :)
I'm glad you like what you feel.

Consider this. What if it is really true that we are wired differently? I have spent most of my life unhappy and depressed. I take SRI's now to keep things in check. What if, because of our wiring, we need estrogen to function properly?

I'm not so sure if its short term... 2 years on Estrogen and T-Blockers has rewired me psychologically by 70%.

Scotty
09-25-2007, 11:52 PM
I've read that it takes 10-12 days to really get into the bloodstream and stay there (and that long to empty the bloodstream) - so for 14 days that sounds about right for the emotional factor.

Bet it was a bit of a rollercoaster from day 5 through day 9 though!!
Seems like the first 5 days were crying, emotinoal, sometimes wanting to rip someone's head off......but that was with T-blockers...

And going the opposite direction is the same.........beware when you do go off of them - it's addicting you'll want to go back on and stay on.

For me I can't any longer, went 2 months and have the same digestive issues again so I'm off for at least a year now......or permanently.

I also wonder if my experience for almost 2 years on them set my mind in motion.
Perhaps my mind can be used to what it was like. I just re-read a post - I too believe my psych has been re-wired, if not permanently to an extent....I don't feel a whole lot different.
Granted 14 days OFF of them but they are out of my system now...and I feel the same mostly, just not so tired all the time. (I have serious energy back!!)...

Quitting smoking today in fact, it's far easier, FAR easier than quitting HRT........

CutieJulie
09-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Day 15 -

For the first time in a long time i'm caring what i look like.. I went and
got my haircut that acually has a style to it and it's a unisex style and i
can wear it the same at home as i wear it at work,,, but i'm styling my
hair instead of just slicking it back and ponytail.. I went from superlong
and cut off ten inches, donated it and went with a medium style..

Day 16 -

My nipples are tender.. is this normal? So Soon?
no other changes...

MJ
09-26-2007, 09:53 PM
your nipples will get tender.. and also sore as they start to grow this is normal and you will feel that way for some time , it's been 3 years for me and now they are sore when i lay down on my side when i go to bed :( plus my girls are getting big so that could be the reason ...

i notice you have not had the emotional change as of yet please do tell us whats it's like from your point of view thank you
hugs Marissa

Vaerise
09-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Day 15 -

Day 16 -

My nipples are tender.. is this normal? So Soon?
no other changes...

Its a little too early to tell, only 16 days.... soon it will be hurting when you accidentally brush across it. And you might get lumps behind your nipples.

AmberTG
09-27-2007, 10:16 AM
HaHa, wait until you pick up a box and try to carry it in the normal way! I learned real quick about that but I still forget now and then and the tenderness reminds me again!

DianaGomez
09-27-2007, 04:19 PM
This is really, really interesting for me (and I would imagine a lot of others) who are wondering whether to go down this road. Would really appreciate you keeping up with the log. Thanks!

CutieJulie
09-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Day 17 -

I'm no longer the person i was before. Scared, Depressed.. unsure of myself.
all that gone.. a distant memory.. i find it hard to be sad. 3 weeks ago i
was at the end of my ropes and i was depressed off the deep end, and now it all seems like a bad dream.. I feel... in control. Like before my life was
just flowing along like a leaf in the stream, where ever it went or landed
it went; now instead of a leaf in a stream my life feels like a yaught.
forwardly plotted and in total control.. I'm thinking better remembering
better, i don't have cripling depressive thoughts. things are brighter,
prettier and i'm happy. I feel confident cool, and ultra calm. i can't
explain it. some shit went down in my life that normally would devistate me
and i don't know i can't explain it.. i shrugged it off like it was nothing.
i don't know if this is an affect of the estrogen or what but i'm not the
same as i was and... althou it scares me a teeny bit i don't think i could
go back to the old me... its weird its kinda like i kickstarted my brain and its finally working right...does this make any sence to anyone else?

CutieJulie
09-27-2007, 11:25 PM
This is really, really interesting for me (and I would imagine a lot of others) who are wondering whether to go down this road. Would really appreciate you keeping up with the log. Thanks!

I'm planning on keeping it up as long as i am welcome to :)

AmberTG
09-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Hey Shark, that sounds a lot like me in the past, just floating downstream with all the other dead leaves, just going where the current took me.
A lot of the things that you now feel are because of the lifting of the fog of depression. Interesting what a little estrogen can do to change your depressive brain chemistry, isn't it? You'll have your challenges in front of you, but you'll find it easier to handle most of them now.
Keep letting us know how it's going for you!

Sarahgurl371
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Shark, glad to hear that you are feeling better. My friend also started HRT about a month ago and she swears she feels better than ever. She said they are the best anti-depressant in the world. And the nipple soarness sounds pretty normal.

Cara Allen
10-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi, Jane!

If you didn't see any breast development (probably lousy heredity,) were there othe rchanges besides emotional that you did see?

Thanks for sharing, honey!

It makes perfect sense hon. The black cloud that followed me everywhere for 28 years disipated almost instantly when I started HRT 3.5 years ago. Everyone experiences things a little differently, but your description sounds a lot like my own experience. FWIW I started getting sensation in my nipples on Day 11 if memory serves. Unfortunately growth for me has been underwhelming (AA). But that'll be fixed next month when I have my SRS and breast augmentation.

So don't worry hon, you're doing fine. Just relax and enjoy the ride.

CutieJulie
10-06-2007, 09:50 PM
day 18-
no change

day 19 -
my sexual desire is waaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

day 20 -
i can not belive all the detail that i see now... it's like looking at

everthing with a microscope.
day 21 - no change
day 22 - no change
day 23 - nothing
day 24 - nothing

what is this big emotion change i'm susposed to go though anyway?

Scotty
10-07-2007, 12:22 AM
I completely forgot about that one - body odor - mine changed or disappeared when I was on HRT, and while I have SOME arm pitt hair (not much as i keep it trimmed but will shave it again tomorrow night)......anyway the body odor almost completely NIL!!

Even though I woke up in a sweat, didn't SMELL anything.

It's been what, a month and a half off HRT for me and it's still that way.
My breast tissues have tightened up a bit, breasts are at half A right now but they are staying right there.

Yeah after 2 years I wonder how much will stick.

I'm going to go to the doc to make sure it's just an allergy to milk before I go back on HRT....I enjoy hearing your progress :)

No pain bumping into things iwth the breasts yet? it's only been a few weeks - wait till 2 to 4 months - then they get painful but it's a pleasant pain (If there is such a thing).

I was bumping into everything and feeling it!!

Scotty
10-07-2007, 12:25 AM
what is this big emotion change i'm susposed to go though anyway?

LOL - if youi go OFF HRT oh boy you'll feel it for sure.

If you did not experience it already then it's my "Guess" you may not. Perhaps it's gradual enough...

Are you crying at movies yet?

You'll find your entire outlook on life changes, mine did, I found more compassion for some types of people, and less for others (that don't deserve it either)......

CutieJulie
10-07-2007, 06:56 PM
No pain bumping into things iwth the breasts yet? it's only been a few weeks - wait till 2 to 4 months - then they get painful but it's a pleasant pain (If there is such a thing).

I was bumping into everything and feeling it!!

oh they hurt when i bump them and there slightly constantly sore

Cara Allen
10-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Going to start Sipro in low doses, to see if I can tolerate them... Any advice from anyone would be appreciated!

LOL - if youi go OFF HRT oh boy you'll feel it for sure.

If you did not experience it already then it's my "Guess" you may not. Perhaps it's gradual enough...

Are you crying at movies yet?

You'll find your entire outlook on life changes, mine did, I found more compassion for some types of people, and less for others (that don't deserve it either)......

AmberTG
10-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I think the standard starting dose is 50 mg per day, that seems to be where most of us start. Stay on that dose for at least a month, it may take that long for your body to react to it.

Cara Allen
10-08-2007, 01:36 PM
I think the standard starting dose is 50 mg per day, that seems to be where most of us start. Stay on that dose for at least a month, it may take that long for your body to react to it.

I only plan to start with Sipro... is that a good idea? I see that the time that is wise for taking htis drug is limited to a couple of years, tops... I will take the 50mg dose. What changes can I anticipate with just Sipro? Does anyone know?

AmberTG
10-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Taking just spiro is how I started. I was taking just spiro for about 3 months before I added any estrogen to the mix.
You have to remember that it's a diuretic, it's primary use is to lower blood pressure in heart patients by removing excess water from the system. Lots of people take it in a non-HRT setting, they never add estrogen to the mix.
How it affects a person varies from person to person, but generally speaking, it makes you pee more and it can lower your sex drive quite a bit, especially if you go to 100mg daily.
It's not known for having side effects such as breast growth.
This website has a great deal of information on many subjects dealing with transgender issues, including drugs such as spiro.
http://www.annelawrence.com/twr/

Cara Allen
10-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Taking just spiro is how I started. I was taking just spiro for about 3 months before I added any estrogen to the mix.
You have to remember that it's a diuretic, it's primary use is to lower blood pressure in heart patients by removing excess water from the system. Lots of people take it in a non-HRT setting, they never add estrogen to the mix.
How it affects a person varies from person to person, but generally speaking, it makes you pee more and it can lower your sex drive quite a bit, especially if you go to 100mg daily.
It's not known for having side effects such as breast growth.
This website has a great deal of information on many subjects dealing with transgender issues, including drugs such as spiro.
http://www.annelawrence.com/twr/

Thanks so much, Amber! Any emotional changes that you noted in that first couple of months?

Mistybtm
10-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Wow please keep us informed and thank you.
:hugs: