PDA

View Full Version : I'm sooo happy...I got my name changed

My Lady Marsea
09-26-2007, 11:48 PM
OMG OMG I did it. Today I went and got my name legaly changed. Marsea actually exists in the eyes of the law. I'm just sooo thrilled.:D
I decided that since I dress every day and go out every day that I should really be me, so I went down to the local superior court here with the forms I got off the AZ web site. I thought this would be a one or two month thing so was sooo pleasently surprised when told it was a slow day and could be done now. I can tell you how Arizona works for those wondering. :thumbsup:
I went to the AZ superior court website and they have a thing called self help along with down loadable forms as needed. I have a program to fill them out right as a PDF file, print and save to folder for later. I took them to the superior court building here in town and went up to the next clerk. He took $180.00 from me, did his thing with all the stamps and stuff and said the judge was available so take these forms to the receptionest and she'll call upstairs to see if he can do it. :happy:As I went to the elevator There was this nice lady also going up and she asked me where I was going. After I told her she said "Oh I'm the clerk for that judge so let me take the forms to him." I waited out side for about 10-15 minutes and she returned and said it's done.:clap: So I followered her back downstairs, she took me to the window and told the clerk to finish "Marsea". another 20 bucks and I had the original certified copy and 4 copies for me. I had time to hit the social security office and get that all done as that HAS to be the first stop. I have to wait 24 hours for the change to be put into the system. Friday I'm ready (with the forms filled out) to hit the DMV and get my new drivers license with picture. Then I'm going to my bank & get the checking account done right.
As I said, I'm a 7/24 Girl and have been this way for a little over 6 months so I know I'm not going back down that road I left LOL.
I'm just sooo happy. I of course had to celebrate so I bought myself a cute pair of white jeans with tons of pink and silver embroidery all over the leg. Friday (movie day) I'm going to be the girl in pink & white with a HUGH grin on her face. Marsea was born today. :love::balloons:
Oh..I just removed my middle name, put Marsea as my first name, my unwanted guy name as the middle ( in case I still have a use or need for that part) and kept the same last name.

Angie G
09-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Well let me be the first to say hi Marsea welcome to the world hun you go girl :hugs:
Angie

RobertaFermina
09-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Wow ! I don't dare, and yet it all seems so tempting !

Thanks for being a role model and embracing your whole life...completely !

:rose: Amazed! :rose:

Joann0830
09-27-2007, 12:50 AM
I am so very happy for you and so proud of you to take that Big Step. :Party2::Party2: Joann

Sugar
09-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Great news Marsea!!

My Lady Marsea
09-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Thank You all so far. I'm still on cloud nine...can't believe I did it but sooo calm & relaxed I did. Actually you could all just add as another middle name, I just decided it was going to be my first name 'cause it is who I am. Well I'm going to bed LOL. Thanks girls and hang in there.

Katelyn
09-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Congrats Girl!! i'm so happy for you!! I'm glad everything went smooth for you. :drink::drink::drink: Once again, Congratulations Marsea!!!!:hugs:

JOJO44
09-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Congrats! I don't have the nerve to do any of that, just around the house or for a short drive.

Lauren Richards
09-27-2007, 02:44 AM
Marsea,
Congratulations on your offical name change. You may be a late bloomer, but you bloom wonderfully!

Lauren

Sheri 4242
09-27-2007, 03:06 AM
:love:

Congratulations on the name change, Marsea!!! I imagine that there are a number of us who are jealous of you (good jealous -- :D)!!! In my state, it is a little more difficult and definitely more public. In Georgia, once you file the petition for a name change (which is the easy part) an advertisment has to be run in the local newspaper "of record" for your county stating that you (Charles D. Smith) are hereby praying for a name change in Superior Court of Tranny County, and that you desire that your name be changed to Cher D. Smith. Once a week for four straight weeks. In my small city atmosphere, everybody knows everybody and everybody knows your business. They legal ads are a great source of this Peyton Place's weekly entertainment review!!!

Anyway, proud of you girl!!!

noname
09-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Congrads! Glad is went so smooth and easy. So let me get this right, you didn't have to appear in court and explane why you were getting your name changed?

RachelDenise
09-27-2007, 04:58 AM
Happy birthnameday! A major move.

Michelle04240
09-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Congrats to you!!:happy:

maryjanecapri
09-27-2007, 05:59 AM
happy birthday!!!! :happy:

DarcyAnne
09-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Congrats, that's just fantastic for you !

melissacd
09-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Marsea,

That is a wonderful new milestone in your life. Congratulations girl.

Huggs
Melissa

Veronica Fallon
09-27-2007, 07:37 AM
What a validating feeling that must give you Marsea, congratulations!!! :yahoo::clap::dancing::yahoo:

Hugz,

Veronica

nikki_t
09-27-2007, 09:48 AM
That is sooooooo AWESOME Marsea!! Congratulations!! :love:

My Lady Marsea
09-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Congrats Girl!! i'm so happy for you!! I'm glad everything went smooth for you. :drink::drink::drink: Once again, Congratulations Marsea!!!!:hugs:

Thanks Clairissa, my special girl..hope we can get together for a day trip soon..remember girls just want to have fun, and I'm a girl and so are you LOL.

Marsea,
Congratulations on your offical name change. You may be a late bloomer, but you bloom wonderfully!

Lauren

Thanks soo much Lauren..it's due to yourself & others here on our site. I'm glad I came "home".

:love:

Congratulations on the name change, Marsea!!! I imagine that there are a number of us who are jealous of you (good jealous -- :D)!!! In my state, it is a little more difficult and definitely more public. In Georgia, once you file the petition for a name change (which is the easy part) an advertisment has to be run in the local newspaper "of record" for your county stating that you (Charles D. Smith) are hereby praying for a name change in Superior Court of Tranny County, and that you desire that your name be changed to Cher D. Smith. Once a week for four straight weeks. In my small city atmosphere, everybody knows everybody and everybody knows your business. They legal ads are a great source of this Peyton Place's weekly entertainment review!!!

Anyway, proud of you girl!!!

Awww Sheri, It is a shame that some states are sooo anal. Got to remember we were not even a state 'till 1912 (just a little before Hawaii & Alaska LOL) and out here you can honestly carry a gun as long as it is not concealed (lots of businesses even have signs up no firearms allowed inside LOL). If you ever need to "establish residency here, let me know, you know you have a place to stay. After 90 days though you're on your own Girl LOL.

Congrads! Glad is went so smooth and easy. So let me get this right, you didn't have to appear in court and explane why you were getting your name changed?

Nope, it seems this judge was not overly worried I guess. Probably has too many other criminal types to deal with (after all this is where the Yuma Territorial Prison is LOL) but even if I had to have gone to a quick hearing I was already dressed and would have pleded my case, in heels, purse & boobies, as one of enrichment of my chosen lifestyle, which I am pretty sure would have been accepted. On the forms of course you have to state any felonies or warrants or arrests (all none for me) and acknowledge that you are not doing this for any illegal purposes. Maybe it took the 15 min while they did a backround search for the above, I really don't know. I DO know it takes less time to buy a gun at the local gunstore cause I've done that and they do make a call to see if you are wanted somewhere.

uknowhoo
09-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Wow, congratulations Marsea!!! I'm so happy for you! :hugs:

xoxo

Tammi

MJ
09-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Congrats! and happy birthday it's a little over a year for me now life just gets better when all your name is now legal all the best :love:

hugs Marissa

nikki_t
09-27-2007, 10:39 AM
lots of businesses even have signs up no firearms allowed inside LOL

I actually saw one of those "no firearms allowed" signs in one of the gas stations here in Texas and I thought to myself "yup, that'll keep the bad guys with guns out alright!" LOL :bonk:

Victoria Anne
09-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Marsea I am so thrilled for you , I am also glad you told us about the process . I spoke to my wife two weeks ago about the same thing and she said I can change my middle name but I need to wait 10 months , when I'm done with child support . Congratulations ! again I am so happy for you .

Rosaliy Lynne
09-27-2007, 08:06 PM
let me add my congrats to all the rest Marsea!!! and good luck in all else you do as well.

AmberTG
09-27-2007, 08:57 PM
That's sooo Awesome!! Congratulations!

Chiana
09-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Congrats Marsea. You go girl.... Big step that most will only dream about. Way to go.

Chloe Jean
09-27-2007, 09:42 PM
that is so wonderful dear- I wish you all the best.
Chloe Jean