PDA

View Full Version : Good luck, or bad?

angelfire
09-28-2007, 08:06 PM
So, I had gone a while without shopping, either due to no time, or due to no desire. So yesterday, while at work, I decided on my bus ride home from work, I'd stop and shop. Now, I work with my dad (he works in a different department, so we only see each other at lunch, and I finish 2 and a half hours later than him. Well, at the end of my shift, he comes over and says "Want a lift home? I lost track of time." (I honestly think its the first time he has worked that late). Normally, it is an hour and a half bus ride home, so I obviously said "Alright", figuring I'd just go shopping after dinner.

So after dinner, he is going out, and I wanted to buy a new computer monitor, so we go to best buy, and I buy a monitor. Then, he had to go grocery shopping, so I got him to drop me off at value village. I had to look for some stuff fro a party tomorrow night, that is 'tacky themed'. So I start browsing, and find a men's striped yellow shirt. Looks real tacky, so I pick it up. They also had wig caps fro halloween, so I picked one of those up too, because I want to get a decent wig (I just have a halloween one right now). Then I start browsing the women's stuff. I look around for a bit, and find a top I like, and just as I am putting it in the basket, my dad shows up, telling me he'll give me a lift home if I'm almost done. I say sure, go buy the stuff, and then we go home, so I didn't get to look at 1/2 the stuff I wanted to. (luckily, I am out to him, so he didn't say anything about finding me in the women's section.)

Anyway, today after work, since I didn't really get to shop much yesterday, I decide to try again. I stop at wal-mart on my way home, and hope my friend who works there isn't working. Look around the store, no sign of her or anyone else I know. So it is my parents anniversary, so I want to get them a card, so I get that, then I start looking at the panties and bras, and don't see anything that catches my eye. I pick up some thigh highs, and go and start looking at make-up. I get some eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, and lipstick. I then go back and start looking through the rest of the women's section. Someone calls my name. I look over, and a friend of mine is there. "Oh shit" I think. I walk over, and since my basket was only half full, I position that half so it is kind of hidden behind me. He asks how I'm doing, etc, etc, what I'm doing there, etc. I tell him looking for an anniversary present for my parents. I have been also looking for a shirt for my costume this year (its kind of a knight), so I told him thats why I was in the women's section, because the style is more common in women's (which it is, and he was there when I decided on my halloween costume anyway, and when I looked last time.) I spend about 20 minutes standing there, with my basket in hand, talking to him about all kinds of stuff, and not once does he mention, or even look in my basket. I don't know if he honestly didn't see, or if he just didn't care. Either way, too close for comfort. He leaves (he was killing time before meeting a friend), and I walk around the corner, and the lipstick falls out of my basket through a hole in the side. 1 minute earlier, and it would have definitely caused some questions. After that, I just called it a day, bought what was left in my basket, and went home.

So I can't really tell, is my luck good, or bad?

Also, sorry for the long post.

Michelle04240
09-28-2007, 08:15 PM
New clothes, new make-up..how could that be bad??

I guess your luck is good if you were not looking to be questioned. Oh and dad is cool with it all....I'd say thats pretty lucky :D

Angie G
09-29-2007, 12:20 AM
I'd say you came out on the good side hun :hugs:
Angie

christina marie
09-29-2007, 08:12 AM
sounds like a good day to me!

Deborah Jane
09-29-2007, 08:16 AM
You sound lucky to me !!:D