PDA

View Full Version : I'm sooo happy...I got my name changed PART 2

My Lady Marsea
09-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Well Girls, I made it to another level LOL.:D
As some of you know I legally changed my name so today was for getting two more of lifes little paper trail complete. First I went to the DMV (drivers license). As I stated in my first post on this name change you have to do he Social Security thing first as everything that follows seems to hinge on the fact you checked in with them. I had to wait 24 hours for the info to be entered on the files. At the DMV I presented my certified copy of the AZ court attesting to the name change. I also brought the papers from the social security just in case the new record was not up to date (it was). The clerk did have a question as to the sex to be indicated so just to keep it right I told him male LOL.:o Geez, who knows if I ever get thrown into the poky for something I guess it would be better as a guy??? :rolleyes:I 'm sure I would rather be in with the girls but what can of worms does that open?? Hard decission. Kept my motorcycle endorsement too. Anyway he did the forms and took my 4 bucks and sent me over to the picture section. It seems now that they want the pic with no glasses on, even though required to drive with them. Thank gawd I had done a better than normal job this morning on make up LOL. I of course wore the biggest most flashy danglers I own and pulled my hair back a little so they would show,:heehee: smilled big as I could (more of a grin though) and pic was a done deal. 2 minutes I had my new license and sashayed on out of there.
Next stop was the bank for the checking account (no savings here ...spent it all on clothes & accessories and name change & the 4 bucks liked to kill me LOL). It would have been easier to open a new account but all I wanted to do was add Marsea to the name already there. Anyway the girl did her thing resulting in about a 8 page document and new signatures all over them. She asked for nothing except my drivers license. Thought this was too easy. About 5 minutes after I got home the bank called and said they needed the court copy of the change, which I had just finished putting away as I did not want to carry it in the car:(. Sooo I had to go back and they made a copy and I insisted on copies for them of the SS forms, just in case.
I then went to the movie in my cute pink outfit I bought from the celebration of the original name change on Wednesday. I was grinning as I knew I would.:D Marsea is a bonified legal, drivin', bankin; person now and lovin' it all. I am like just sooo psyched up.:drink:

Angie G
09-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Well you go girl :hugs:
Angie

Rosaliy Lynne
09-29-2007, 08:55 AM
I was wondering how you handled the gender thing without (I presume) an operation.

Katelyn
09-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, it look like you're all set now. I'm glad to know it was easier than expected. I'm sure this info will be helpful for other AZ girls traveling the same path.

SarahLynn
09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
I'd have told the DMV to list me as f'male as that is the personna you are now presenting. Should you get thrown in the pokie with the men you might well expect to come out, well abused:sad::mad::sad:.

If put in with women then at least you are being put with those with whom you portray. :happy::happy:

It's a bit like which restroom do you use? When dressed as a man you use the mens, when enfemm you use the ladies, a simple matter of attire and personna.:thumbsup:

SarahLynn

My Lady Marsea
10-01-2007, 12:32 AM
I'd have told the DMV to list me as f'male as that is the personna you are now presenting. Should you get thrown in the pokie with the men you might well expect to come out, well abused:sad::mad::sad:.

If put in with women then at least you are being put with those with whom you portray. :happy::happy:

It's a bit like which restroom do you use? When dressed as a man you use the mens, when enfemm you use the ladies, a simple matter of attire and personna.:thumbsup:

SarahLynn

Point well taken. It was one of those "on the spot" things...I really did not think they would give you a choice without some proof of having become a women..threw me off guard. As a after thought I never would have thought all this could have been accomplished in two days and actually one if not for the 24 hr SS wait. The way this thing has gone I'll almost bet I could go back to DMV and say "hey look guys, you made a mistake that we didn't catch" and redo it LOL.