PDA

View Full Version : What do you think? (dressing on H'ween)

Natasha1974
10-01-2007, 02:54 AM
Hi all, my wife and I are considering having a themed halloween party this year and we both got to thinking I could dress freely as Natasha for the night.:D
A majority of our friends are 'sheltered' :eek:when it comes to things like crossdressing and the such, so it could make for an interestng evening.
Now the question I have is. Do you think I should dress as Natasha for the night and see how things go or what?
My wife is standing by me 100% on this. Reminding you all I am still very much in the closet.
Anyway let me know what you think.
Thanks for reading

angelfire
10-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Alot of times, people can tell the difference between someone who is wearing a dress for halloween, and someone who dresses often. A friend of mine went to a drag bar with 2 friends, and they both crossdressed. They said it was their first time, but she knew otherwise because they looked too convincing.

However, you have your wife with you on this. Just let her go to town on you, and if anyone questions, just say she did it all.

JoanFlores
10-01-2007, 06:28 AM
Go for it, say it was yours wife idea and have her make you up special, enjoy it.

Michelle04240
10-01-2007, 06:31 AM
I say go for it. You have Halloween behind you. I think it's the best opportunity to test the waters. Good luck, and have fun.

Wendy me
10-01-2007, 06:32 AM
i say go for it enjoy and have some fun...........

Carol A
10-01-2007, 06:35 AM
My first real outing was on a Halloween, I had a blast and everyone in the area got a great laugh out of it. My wife and her sister spent almost the entire day getting me dressed up.

Hay go far it and let the chips just fall.

Cyndie
10-01-2007, 07:23 AM
I say go for it, but don't be too convincing. that could tell more about you than you want to share. My thoughts, ask your wife to do your makeup and don't wear an expensive wig. Bad hair is a real give away to a CD out in public and hair that is too good maybe a give away to someone who is being a "CD for the night". :heehee:

TTFN
Cyndie

Sarah McKinnon
10-01-2007, 07:30 AM
I just figured out how to quick reply......smile

I totall agree with the wig concept.....if it doesn't look natural then your not going anywhere....smile.

I have a cheap wig and it does me justice when in the house...but not outside

JoAnnDallas
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
By all means, YES, do it. If anyone makes a comment like "Whoa, you look like a real girl", just say you wife is the one that did your makeup. I went to a Halloween pary a few years back and this one guy came dressed as a female. He really looked great and many thought he was a real female. His wife helped him dress and did his makeup. He even won first place when the costume judging contest was held. Even then many were shocked he was a male in drag.

Dixie
10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Most defiantly DO IT!!! If your theme is come as a member of the opposite sex then you will not be the only one there enfemme, and so it should come off without a hitch, and as was said earlier if people think you look a little "Too" practiced in dressing, just say "My wife did it for me so I could look the best that I could look."

Natasha1974
10-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Thank you to all who responded.
I will definately be dressing as Natasha this halloween, just to see how things travel.
Now, I just have to find something to wear.:D

Cristi
10-01-2007, 02:47 PM
:2c:

I've done the same thing. in fact, it was such a 'wear a costume only if you feel like it' party that I went dressed... and nobody else was wearing a costume! I still have pics of that night, hanging around with my friends fully dressed while they are all in jeans and T-shirts. :)

The 'give away' at this party that a few people commented on was that I was able to walk VERY easily in 4" heels for somebody who said they'd never worn any before! There was a bit of joking along the lines of 'So just how often DO you wear high heels?' before the conversation went on to something else.

My one suggestion is that I agree with one poster. If you just go 'as a woman', it would be easy for people to make the leap to wondering if you are a CD (especially if you do too good a job with the makeup, have some really nice clothes that fit you perfectly and even your own breastforms!)

If you want to make it a little 'safer', go en femme, but ALSO in costume as some female character. Something like a nurse, Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, hooker... anything to make it so you aren't 'just' going as a woman.

donnapink
10-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I wish I were in you position, go for it ! Good Luck & Good Looks

Ashlee
10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
as i mentioned in a previous post. we were invited to a halloween party at the mrs.'s brothers house. there will be only his friends whom i won't know but there wil be him (bro in law plus girlfriend, my sister in law and her hubby, the wife's uncle and aunt (the aunt is 2 years younger than me) and maybe a friend from high school. there is no co-workers, my family or anyone other than the aforementioned rel's that would know me. any thoughts for me? the mrs. doesn't know about "ashlee". she does know i planned to go as a woman to this party and that it's a surprise but sometimes surprises can backfire. as others have mentioned that i need her involvement (already bought a dress, shoes, undies, wig, breast forms and costume jewelry) should i consult her as to buying me hose (got it anyway), ask me what size to wear for bra, show her the dress? what?? i already scheduled a makeup appointment which will blow people away. i told her that i'm finding resources on the net to help and when you see me it might surprise you. please anyone, any advice to keep this momentum going let me know. as was posted to me in my post that i made the last thing i want to have happen is for the mrs. to tell people it was all my idea and she had nothing to do with it.

SandyR
10-01-2007, 05:53 PM
The wife and I have talked about it, not this year but maybe next. I would say go for it.....

SandyR

Jilmac
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
hi natasha i'm jill a new member but i've been dressing over 40 years and i'm still in the closet. when i was 16 i dressed for h'ween as a girl and was the hit of the party. i wasn't jill then i didn't know what a femme name was all i knew was that it felt good being in public en femme. i had a girlfriend who helped me choose my clothes, dress and do my makeup. too bad i never got to marry her because she would have helped me come out. i say go for it girl, let your wife help, maybe she could dress male and go as charlie.

MarinaTwelve200
10-01-2007, 06:23 PM
I dressed as a FEMALE "Gypsy fortune teller" for my adult sunday School Halloween Party in 2004. It was my FIRST --and so far only public appearence dressed. My intent WAS to shock, as our costuming was falling off in recent years and needed a recharge.

I thought that dressing as a woman WOULD be the way to do it, but for one thing, just "a woman" seemed too simple and lacking imagination, As being very closeted CD I NEVER would DARE to do it N E Ways.

THEN I thought of the OLD GYPSY FORTUNE TELLER! It had a Halloween theme, but didnt seem to me to have the CD "Edge" that would make me uncomfortable in a public situation.---I Made up a Costume to see what it would look like---GREAT! Now I HAD to do it. I was totally unrecognizable. All my fears about CDing in the open melted away, this costume was so great (IMHO) it overode any fears I had. Besides, as a gypsy, I could really go overboard in exotic makeup and jewelery. making it even more fun.

Well, I was the hit of the party, all the ladies wanted me to read their cards (Whoda thunk that CDing was a great way to meet women? :D) And of course I won First prize---we ALL had a lot of good laughs and no one was offended--or the wiser.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r266/Marina_Twelve/gypsy1.jpg I really didnt look "old" either, actually a bit sexy:D

AmberTG
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I have to agree with Marina and Cristi, go as a female character, it's much harder for other people to make the leap to CDer if the costume is an obvious costume. Wear something with a theme, say, a movie character, etc, but get a long costume wig and cut it to fit the character you portray. An expensive looking wig would be a possible question. It worked well for me. Stuff the bra with socks or old panty hose so it's good, but not too realistic, that way when someone you know askes what's in the bra, you can reach in and pull out a sock for a laugh. It's all so innocent that way. I know several macho guys that have CDed for Halloween but it was always over the top and everybody gets a kick out of it. Most of all, have fun!!:D