PDA

View Full Version : "What an effeminate drink..."

Kimberly
03-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Have you girls got any favourite "girly" beverages?? Or is it a lager down the King's Head on a Friday night? :p

I'm just one for a simple vodka and coke...

And yours?

(My first proper post :p Be nice!!)

Wenda
03-27-2005, 07:47 PM
pretty well any beer. when I am in runaway mode, I have a tequilla chaser. like the old country song, have friends in low places. I am trying to cut down, get my waist back. About as girly as it gets is ice wine after a nice meal. Nice scotch neat in the evening. wenda.

Tiffy
03-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Just a nice red wine and a few choice tabaccos.

April

Sweet Susan
03-27-2005, 08:54 PM
milk

AmyH
03-27-2005, 09:13 PM
I bartended while I was in college. One night; I am assuming it was a boyfriend/girlfriend, came upto the bar. The guy says "I'll have a fuzzy navel and and give her the most "girly" (he actually did the air quotes with is fingers) drink you can make. I replied "OK, so thats two fuzzy navels."

Amy

veronica
03-27-2005, 09:24 PM
PINA COLADA WHEN IM FEELING GIRLY>

Robertacd
03-27-2005, 09:24 PM
A Cosmopolitain, if they are made right they are such a girly shade of pink.

Stephanie Brooks
03-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Pretty much I stay away from sicky sweet things. I like the range from water to real Coke, to beer (the regular stuff, not the girly ones - love Guinness, gotta love a beer that won't allow a laser to penetrate!), bourbon, single malt scotch, champagne - okay, that's kinda girly, sake, and sometimes grape wine.

Wenda
03-27-2005, 09:38 PM
When I lived in central Mexico, several bar servers LOVED to serve Muppets, harmless sounding, but really a tequilla shooter that the server delivers by placing a hand over the top and slamming it onto the table in front of you. It erupts like Eno fruit salts, and your task is to down it in one breath without getting the bubbles up your nose. I went to listen to a friend play and sing in one of the nicer lounges. She introduced me to three lively ladies who were celebrating the break-up of the singer with her boyfriend. It was one of those great nights where everything is funny. I downed several cervaza and several muppets. Remember quite a lot of the evening. I was greeted as a legend the next time I went to that lounge, which was with my daughter... made her wonder. wenda.

ChristineRenee
03-27-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm mostly a beer and wine drinker. Never been into either hard liquors or "girly" drinks really. My favorite beers are both German beers...Beck's and St. Pauli Girl...but there are many others I like as well too as long as they aren't "light" beers. I like both red and white wines too. Merlot and Lambrusco for red wines and a nice chablis for a white wine.

Love,
Chrissie:)

Priscilla1018
03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Guinness and Bushmills Irish whiskey,I also love wine and German Beer.Pretty much anything that will give me a good buz.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Dominique Melt
03-27-2005, 10:18 PM
The "girliest" drink I've ever indulged in is Cabernet. I'm actually a single malt Scotch [Laphroig] or reposado tequila babe.

Tristen Cox
03-27-2005, 10:43 PM
I love strawberry daqaris but usually just settle for a good Merlot :D

Sharon
03-27-2005, 11:22 PM
I still prefer my boubon straight up, but I extend my pinkie when dressed. :)

Robertacd
03-27-2005, 11:34 PM
I still prefer my boubon straight up, but I extend my pinkie when dressed. :)

I do love a nice Manhattan

JanineSoCal
03-28-2005, 12:00 AM
any other "girlie" drink...women (atleast in well-mannered mode) consume them soooo much slower than men; so pinkie raised while drinking your Cosmopolitan, or not, a lady-like pace of consumption important too.

Janine

Dominique Melt
03-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Tristen,

For some reason, I pictured you as a Margarita girl -- tequila=earthy and smoky; Triple Sec=sweet and provocative; lime juice=tart and sassy.

I've got a great recipe ...

Robertacd
03-28-2005, 12:16 AM
Tristen,

For some reason, I pictured you as a Margarita girl -- tequila=earthy and smoky; Triple Sec=sweet and provocative; lime juice=tart and sassy.

I've got a great recipe ...

Tripple sec :eek:

Must use 100% Aguave Tequila
Countreau or better yet Grand Mariner
and fresh squeased lime.

Thats a prefect Margurita!

Dominique Melt
03-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Yessiree Bob, fresh squeezed lime juice is the secret. As far as the Triple Sec goes, of course, if you can't get the Cointreau or Marnier, you settle for the Sec. And without a doubt, any tequila that claims to be reposado [or even anejo] will be 100 % Agave Azul. Tesoro de Don Felipe, Hornitos, Cazadores, Sauza Tradicional ... none of that tequilaoid product.
OKAY: equal parts lime juice and tequila, one half part Cointreau. Make at least a liter, put in a plastic jug and stick it in the freezer. It stays slushy and pours like heaven.
Join me?

Robertacd
03-28-2005, 12:35 AM
any tequila that claims to be reposado [or even anejo] will be 100 % Agave Azul. Tesoro de Don Felipe, Hornitos, Cazadores, Sauza Tradicional ... none of that tequilaoid product.

I would certainly join you.

But speaking of 100% aguave, have you noticed the recent rise in the real tequlia prices? Aparently there is some kind of Aguave blight happening down south :(

Dominique Melt
03-28-2005, 12:40 AM
At the risk of hijacking the thread [PM me, sweety] ... ever since 1995.
Not enough cacti maturing in Jalisco State. Big foreign demand, not enough raw material.

alba68
03-28-2005, 03:35 AM
Normally drink beer when out, bitter or lager. Same at home but I do enjoy Jack D or a glass of wine occasionally.

Kimberly
03-28-2005, 05:11 AM
any other "girlie" drink...women (atleast in well-mannered mode) consume them soooo much slower than men; so pinkie raised while drinking your Cosmopolitan, or not, a lady-like pace of consumption important too.

Janine

My GG girlfriend drinks Jack Daniels and Coke at an incredible rate. When I was incredibly drunk (last friday) I had had 5 pints (yes... stella artoise, not very girly, but still...) and she had gone through about 7 JD and Cokes in that time.

It's amazing to watch :p No pinkies raised there though, me thinks!

Kimberly
03-28-2005, 05:13 AM
Yes, girls - you are looking at a complete lightweight in all senses of the word, here. :(

Stormgirl
03-28-2005, 05:29 AM
Pretty much I stay away from sicky sweet things. I like the range from water to real Coke, to beer (the regular stuff, not the girly ones - love Guinness, gotta love a beer that won't allow a laser to penetrate!), bourbon, single malt scotch, champagne - okay, that's kinda girly, sake, and sometimes grape wine.

YOu have good tastes.

obsessedwithpantyhose
03-28-2005, 05:47 AM
im a PEPSIholic :D

Tamara Croft
03-28-2005, 03:13 PM
My GG girlfriend drinks Jack Daniels and Coke at an incredible rate. When I was incredibly drunk (last friday) I had had 5 pints (yes... stella artoise, not very girly, but still...) and she had gone through about 7 JD and Cokes in that time.

It's amazing to watch :p No pinkies raised there though, me thinks!
LOL a true GG :D I love Jack Daniels and Pepsi..... and I can drink loads of it..... mmmmmmmmmmmm unlike my SO (~Tammy~) lightweight LOL......... now where's my bottle :p

Tamara x

Kimberly
03-28-2005, 03:15 PM
LOL a true GG :D I love Jack Daniels and Pepsi..... and I can drink loads of it..... mmmmmmmmmmmm unlike my SO (~Tammy~) lightweight LOL......... now where's my bottle :p

Tamara x

Lol... I'll tell my gf you approve ;)

DonnaT
03-28-2005, 03:33 PM
My wife likes strawberry daquiri's

But we both love a Disaronno Amaretto (2 oz) and 7-up (6 oz) mix. Drop in an Ice cube and watch it fizz.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink104.html

Tamara Croft
03-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Lol... I'll tell my gf you approve ;)
Oh your in the UK :D maybe me n her should go out... show u girliez how to drink :p

Tamara x

Amelie
03-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Maybe a Joan Collins????

I used to see a few drag queens drinking Grasshoppers in the clubs.

Marianne
03-28-2005, 04:37 PM
I drink mostly beer, for a girly drink, a tequila sunrise.

Of course, I've also been known to drink this...

http://elawyn.homestead.com/files/ale.jpg

Kimberly
03-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Romulan?? Nice :p

Marianne
03-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Romulan?? Nice :p

It's nice, except for the after effects from the food dye in it (it's a bright BLUE ale)...

http://elawyn.homestead.com/files/romulanale.jpg

Sandra H
03-28-2005, 05:06 PM
When I am Sandra I like to drink Malibu and coke, but when not whisky and dry.

Katie Boundary
03-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Is vodka and lime a girly drink? Not that it matters - I like it anyway and nuts to what anybody (in the pub, not here) thinks. :D

Kimberly
03-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Ha! Nice pic, Marianne! :p

I'm liking the vodka and lime... must try that some time. :)

Katie Boundary
03-28-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm liking the vodka and lime... must try that some time. :)

It's very nice!
:)

Kimberly
03-28-2005, 06:56 PM
I just hope they know exactly how to mix that at my local... Vodka and a lime cordial mixed with water?? Or just have some vodka, and add a bit of lime?? ;)

Robertacd
03-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Can't watch Mulan Rouge without wearing your best lingerie and drinking some of this...

http://home.comcast.net/~robertacd/Absynth1.jpg

The one on the left, La Muse Verte, is fine French absinth I purchaced in Paris last summer and its really to die for. :) The one on the right is from Green Tree Distilery and is Chec style absinth I purchaced in Canada, not as good tasteing as the French (no Annis) and very boozy, now I see why the Chec's start it on fire when they drink it :eek:

gender_blender
03-28-2005, 08:19 PM
I don't drink alcohol.

sarah
03-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Normaly i drink straight Cuervo tequila but i do like a nice merlot and i can still giggle on either..xx

Virginia
03-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Girly drink: White Russian
Manly drink: any good single malt scotch
Usual: Water
Beer: Guiness Stout
Virginia

Julie
03-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Well I drink Guinness or as a short a nice Gin and Tonic with ice and lemon. Not that this makes much difference though, in the pub I drink most of the girlies drink pints anyway.

JJ

Ashley in Virginia
03-29-2005, 06:04 PM
I drink Mikes hard lemonade. I used to drink Lemon Hooch when it first came out, but I can't find that anymore. I have been drinking cranberry lemonade here lately.

Used to drink the hard stuff when I was 16-17. But now I am a lightweight. :)

Wendy me
03-29-2005, 06:07 PM
captain morgan and diet coke........jd sour mash .......beer something light ..........
or rolling rock "33"