PDA

View Full Version : Told my Mother

Jocelyn Quivers
10-04-2007, 11:56 PM
I finally came out of the closet to my mother today. She was very supportive and everything went well. What was funny was that she was that partially suspected that I was a cross dresser to begin with. Being that in male mode I am overly macho acting. It was far different from what I had expected. I showed her pictures of "Jocelyn" her response was I look better as a guy.:eek: I just wanted to share this great experience with everyone, and I also wanted to thank everyone on this forum for giving me the strength and support to do this. As of today I feel as if my closet just became a little bigger. Jocelyn

Jannette H
10-05-2007, 01:08 AM
Jocelyn
I'm happy for you and your mother. I think that you live a little easier now. Mothers seem to know, mine did for a long time and wasn't surprised when I told her. I know you are a lot happier now.:love:

Michelle04240
10-05-2007, 04:16 AM
Congrats! I'm happy it all went well for you.

Enjoy the bigger closet.

TG-Taru
10-05-2007, 05:14 AM
Grats.

I showed her pictures of "Jocelyn" her response was I look better as a guy.:eek:

Yea, know the feeling, when I told my mom I showed her pictures and asked what she thought - at this point I hadn't yet said it was me in them - and she didn't particularly like them, wondering a bit if I liked the sort... "Well, it's me...."

Mary Morgan
10-05-2007, 06:09 AM
Great move with many future dividends. Congratulations!

Carol A
10-05-2007, 06:14 AM
I remember when I can out to my mother at 14. She said she already knew and was so happy I told her. No more hiding it was wonderful.

melissacd
10-05-2007, 06:23 AM
I came out to my mother in the spring. I decided to tell her that before I told her about my separation. I figured the shock of coming out about my CDing would soften the blow of my ex and I splitting up. ;)

My Mom was surprised, but in the end supportive. When I was 10 years old she found a stash of my clothes in my room and when she and my father found out they were mine they told me, in a very angry way, that I was never to do that again.

I opened my conversation in the spring with my mother..."Mom, you remember that thing that you told me never to do again, well I never stopped."

We had a good conversation about the whole thing and I showed her pictures. She said she was quite amazed at how good I looked dressed up. I guess she was expecting some horrible clown like person like you sometimes see in the popular media. Anyway it all turned out fine. Next I will tell my sisters.

Huggs
Melissa

Alice460
10-05-2007, 06:41 AM
I am glad that it went well. Maybe you could ask her to show you how to be a better looking girl. You have a cute figure and lovely legs. It might make for some wonderful bonding times

Tiffy
10-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Hun I know how you feel. I felt the same way when I came out to my mom who also kinda knew. It has been a great thing that she knows and I felt so much better telling her. Well done I am proud of you.

Tiffany

Jocelyn Quivers
10-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks everyone for you kind and supportive replies, having support from everyone here, helps me to get through difficult times. Jocelyn

trannie T
10-05-2007, 04:53 PM
To my everlasting regret I never told my mom. I'm sure that she would have been cool about it.

uknowhoo
10-05-2007, 05:26 PM
:cheer: Good for you, Jocelyn!! :cheer:

I'm pleased to hear it went so well for you. :hugs:

Thanx for posting!

xoxo

Tammi

RachelDenise
10-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Jocelyn, that took courage! I'm glad it went well.

ronni
10-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Jocelyn, that's nice that you have come to some terms with Mum.
I recently sent my mom some pictures of me, because I wanted her to see how I could look as a girl, and she said she liked me just fine before, but since she made me wear fruity clothes to school and nylon socks and polyester shirts and pants I thought she deserved to see how I turned out, she didn't get it, she denied making me that way, I guess I can't really blame her but it's nobody's fault but mine

veronicagurl85
10-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Good for you girl! I know how you feel as well I came out to my mom and she was very supportive. The only thing is that I have not shown her pics of vero. I think she would be shocked cuz my male half and vero look very different. Hehe. Anyways congrats hope things go well

Vero

tall sam
10-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Joyce, that takes guts, Well done. Its one thing having a supportive wife and having fun dressed with her but soemtimes it helps letting your feelings go that bit further. As for me only my wife knows (and all of you bunch of course. BUT in a strange way I would like more people (ie friends and family) but note sure I could take the negative comments that may come!

Jocelyn Quivers
10-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks again for all of your replies. I would like to add that I am not advocating to everyone to just go out and tell all of your family members. This was something that took years in the making for me to become comfortable enough to do, and other events occured in my life that basicaly my mom could tell something was on my mind. I do feel a lot happier as a result and it's also giving me a chance to help show and educate to what we are really like and not what you see on Jerry Springer or on the local news. Jocelyn

angelfire
10-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Congrats. I know the feeling of coming out to someone close to you. It is tough, but in the end, probably worth it.

I feel like exception though. My mom had NO idea I was a crossdresser. Not even a hint. The other night she said "I was in shock, and still am a bit. I mean, you are just so masculine, I still can't really see it."

So far, she has been pretty supportive, as it has only been a matter of a few weeks. She told me how to measure for a bra, she stopped asking questions about my packages, and she has given me a bit of make-up advice, bot that she ever wears any. Told me to be careful with eye make-up, and never use it if it is older than 6 months because it can cause an infection.

She doesn't want me going out or telling anyone else though. She said "wear whatever you want, but don't leave the house in it."

I mean, I do eventually want to go out, but I know I am not ready for it yet,