PDA

View Full Version : And You Think

SarahLynn
10-06-2007, 09:56 PM
..... only men have trouble walking in heels?

Watch this. You can see when her trouble starts and why she falls.

http://www.holylemon.com/Runway-Fall--v1074.html

SarahLynn

Billijo49504
10-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Your point is???? Many of us are better in heels than our wives or GF. That is only because we practice and they don't. I can run in heels and my wife can't, so big deal....BJ

docrobbysherry
10-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Or, maybe it's because GG's have dainty little ankles, and many of us Cd's played linebacker in our school days.

RS

Your point is???? Many of us are better in heels than our wives or GF. That is only because we practice and they don't. I can run in heels and my wife can't, so big deal....BJ

Suzie Green
10-07-2007, 07:42 AM
No one walks like that in real life. Runway models do that extreme leg crossover thing because someone down the line decided it was sexy and accentuated the hip wiggle.

Then again, maybe it was the 5 lb. watering can she was carrying. :heehee:

Raychel
10-07-2007, 07:46 AM
My first thought was "I bet that hurt like hell."

Sedona
10-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Geez, that's funny! The best part is the reaction of the newscasters.

Keely
10-07-2007, 08:21 AM
She must have been devastated. She won't be wearing heels for awhile, her ankles must hurt big time.

MJ
10-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Geez, that's funny! The best part is the reaction of the newscasters.

i would like to see the newscasters try lol

She must have been devastated. She won't be wearing heels for awhile, her ankles must hurt big time.

yes poor girl and i bet her pride hurts as well

SarahLynn
10-07-2007, 08:25 PM

My point is: It's a learned process not something which comes naturally to anyone.

While she should have been able to walk off the runway with ease, she experinced what most of us do when stepping out our first time in heels. Even though some here are only trying 2-2.5 inch heels. Contrary to what you might be thinking i too was feeling sorry for the lady. She was trying very hard to do her job and it fell apart for her. P. I.

I have seen many "ladies" here explain/complain about how hard it is to walk in heels and here is a lady, who obviously should be able to, but for some reason, now known, just couldn't cope.

Funny as it was i'm sure her ankles hurt like all 'ell. Later that evening if not immediately after the fall.

SarahLynn

Kris
10-07-2007, 08:49 PM
My point is: It's a learned process not something which comes naturally to anyone.

While she should have been able to walk off the runway with ease, she experinced what most of us do when stepping out our first time in heels. Even though some here are only trying 2-2.5 inch heels. Contrary to what you might be thinking i too was feeling sorry for the lady. She was trying very hard to do her job and it fell apart for her. P. I.

I have seen many "ladies" here explain/complain about how hard it is to walk in heels and here is a lady, who obviously should be able to, but for some reason, now known, just couldn't cope.

Funny as it was i'm sure her ankles hurt like all 'ell. Later that evening if not immediately after the fall.

SarahLynn

Well let me tell you ladies something. LOL I walk WAY worse than she does in heels and SLOWLY.....
It looks to me on the video that the girl was in shoes that were WAY to big for her, which would make her fall like that easily. I know, my feet are a size 5 or 6 tops and often I have gotten too big shoes because they were cute. I have twisted my ankle MANY times. :heehee: I am always the one laughing the hardest when I fall. I know it's funny to watch and hard not to laugh.
My feet are so small that I don't have the same length of foot to balance my weight on as taller women do, (or you ladies with huge feet) So I have to balance on a smaller space. Do you see what I mean? I have bad balance to begin with.. on heels, forget it.
But I am very good in wearing and balancing in platform shoes. Which is good because I am 4'11" and I look like a kid.
Anyway, I am glad you ladies have compassion for this poor model.
:hugs: Kris

smoothbikini
10-07-2007, 09:17 PM
i hate to admit it but i found myself laughing out of control - next time i'm all dolled up i know it's going to happen to me :sad:

Missy Anne
10-07-2007, 09:29 PM
I have got to say that I am more than just a little irritated at the two guys laughing at her misfortune on a public TV broadcast. :mad:

Missy Anne

charlie-50
10-07-2007, 09:33 PM
I just keped thinking dam that looks painful ...bet she dont walk in heels for a while....charlie...:2c:

MarinaTwelve200
10-07-2007, 10:10 PM
My own discovery is that a LOT of it is in the SHOES themselves. One pair of my 4 inch heels I can walk in, almost naturally, while another I can bearly stand in.

The position of the heel in the individual shoe designs seems to be critical. If it is not properly positioned under the main thrust of the wearers weight, then her ballance will be off, and/or she will have to shift her weight to an unusual position, making it harder to walk and easier to fall.
----Conversly, if the heel is in the correct location, under the shoe, then one can easily walk in them---Unfortunately, I dont know how to tell if the heel position is right by looking at it (yet)--I have to walk in the shoes to see.

shauna 9
10-08-2007, 12:14 AM
that looks painful !

Patricia Danielle
10-08-2007, 05:21 AM
I'm not a heels person. I admire any one who can walk in them, I do good to stay on my feet in flats. I'm gracefull as a MACK truck in any mode..Patricia..