PDA

View Full Version : Do You Sing Out Loud (FTM)

jsoto81
10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
I love music and I have alot of it, but I also love to sing out loud in my car on the freeway as well as in the office while I'm doing my work. Besides my brother I'd never met a GM who sang out loud in their cars until I went up north for training and all 5 of us guys sang Billie Jean by Michael Jackson out loud in a car on the way to San Francisco.

Now my question is do any of you, as transmen (or what ever you'd like to be called), sing out loud at home or in the car, or do you sit quitely like most GM i see on the freeway?

I hope this makes sense.

ZenFrost
10-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I can't sing to save my life, so no.

jsoto81
10-07-2007, 10:43 PM
i didn't say you had to sing well, god knows I don't. :) But thanks.

brylram
10-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Whenever I have to go on a trip I usually go into silent mode until we pull over somewhere. Talking is a big enough task, singing is pretty much out of the question. :p

Cai
10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I sing (loudly and poorly) but only if no one else is around to hear me. My roommate is the only one who's ever heard me sing (other than church choir).

Abraxas
10-08-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm a musician, so I'm not sure I'm qualified, haha! But yes, I do sing in the car (until I get to a red light or notice someone looking), and occasionally at home while I'm playing piano (but only if either no-one's home, or my mum decides she wants to sing-- we do duets).
And at pretty much every party I've been to, there comes a point where a song everybody knows comes on the stereo and everyone sings along, loudly and badly (Bohemian Rhapsody and Stairway to Heaven are favourites, of course). I've noticed, in these cases, more of the guys are singing than girls (sorry about the poorly constructed sentence, haha).
The parties I used to go to, at the Uni dorms, we boys (and occasionally a few girls) would go out for smoke breaks and sing stuff like 'It's a Long Way to Tipperary' and 'Norweigan Wood.' Then we'd get yelled at by the jocks upstairs who were trying to sleep cos they had a game the next day... Fun times. :D

(I'm not in this vid, but these are my buddies, and we used to do this all the time: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3S_gDNXVQnI )

bi_weird
10-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Oh I'm always singing if I'm not actually doing homework or reading. I sing really loudly if I'm in the car alone, which is fun, but I also sing around my apartment. Heck, when I have headphones on, I'm often mouthing along to the words.

Adam
10-08-2007, 05:45 AM
yes i do sing out loud when im in my car alone but then so do 3 of my brothers :D

Devon James
10-08-2007, 07:24 AM
I sing out loud, in the car or in my room, but never when someone else can hear me ;)

Tobie
10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I sing.. but if it's my voice-practice stuff, it's in my high soprano. :heehee:

Otherwise, I'll sing everywhere and anywhere. In high school, I had a teacher I barely knew come up to me and ask if I sing that way often.. she had seen me at the bus stop outside my house in the morning!

wanttobejoe
10-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Here's an other one who only sings if noone can hear it, mostly when I'm riding my bicycle. :heehee:

I do tap my feet/fingers when I hear music though.

Anthony Jake
10-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I sing out loud only on my own in my room though!
If i had a car i would probably sing as i was driving a long, but i'd definately stop singing if i noticed anyone looking at me at the lights!
I enjoy singing but i cant do it to save my life! :heehee:

JamesAlan
10-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I may not be able to carry a tune in a 5-gallon bucket down to the river to drown it, but I love to sing. I do it in my room, in the car with my mom, in her room, pretty much any chance I get. There are cats in heat that sound better than me singing, but it doesn't stop me. Though I've found a few male voices I can follow pretty well. I also don't sound half bad when I sing with my mom, guess I find my pitch easier when I sing with someone. Though my friends love for me to sing in my cartoon voice. A lot of my friends are furs and love my little chipmunk voice >< so yeah, they like it when he sings.

Tobie
10-08-2007, 08:47 PM
JamesAlan, maybe you should come visit with Tali sometime. ;) I like having other willing-to-sing people around.

Syr_SwitchyGQ
10-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I have a weirdly wide range... it fluctuates on a day to day basis... I've been known to hit the high-high soprano notes, only to drop to a mostly tenor range the next day... fortunately only I know this because I don't sing solos or anything exposed with other people around... only when I'm in my car or at home alone or whatnot. I guess I'm just too self-conscious about it, even though I'm an ok singer.

SirTrey
10-10-2007, 06:44 PM
I sing all the time! LOL Especially in My Jeep.....I have a deep alto voice (and have since high school when I was a first alto in choir)....so I sing along with male singers better than female....will help when I go on "T", I bet My voice will go pretty deep....I hope so, anyway....Gayle cracks up when I do it because it's usually something obnoxious like Def Leppard or Guns and Roses...favorite expression at the moment is "yummy like a bon bon", usually when I see something appealing walking down the street...She says things like, "God, you're such a loser"....Oh, well....:) **Trey**

boi_0h
10-10-2007, 08:44 PM
I sing aloud all the time, so do many of my GM buddies, we all enjoy rockin' out to classic rock, and well we've been known {from time to time} to have impromptu jam sessions complete with an original boom box, and professional air guitarists.

DanielMacBride
10-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I sing a LOT - in girl mode I often performed and had made a CD, and I have been singing and playing music since as long as I can remember. Funny thing is, my 16yo son's favourite music is all the stuff I grew up with (70s and 80s stuff mainly) and all his mates freak when we are listening to it and he can sing along :D But my now 19yo daughter also freaked because for her 12th birthday I got her Silverchair tickets and I went with her (she was kinda shocked that her mother had such "cool" taste in music LOL!!!) My CD was of traditional Irish/Scottish songs (some in Gaelic), and my musical taste is probably ridiculously broad, so yeah, I sing almost everything :D

Daniel

Syr_SwitchyGQ
10-11-2007, 07:37 AM
YAY! Daniel's back! ...ok, end of thread hijacking. :happy:

Leo Lane
11-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Yup! I just love to sing!

John
11-16-2007, 04:49 AM
frequently, badly, and offten without notising :o I get music stuck in my head frequently, so I'll usually sing whatevers plaing in my head (which, let me tell you, get's me some wierd looks when it's anything from monty python :heehee:)

Felix
11-18-2007, 04:46 AM
Yep I love to sing along to my music don't really care what people think either on the whole just love to sing!!! xx Felix :hugs:

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
11-18-2007, 07:42 AM
I sing out loud all the time..
I love to sing.

I go and do karaoke sometimes, too.