PDA

View Full Version : Toilets and other confusions. Mango's and other stuff.

Anthony Jake
10-08-2007, 08:31 AM
I have a few questions on my mind and i'm thinking that other people must have or have had the same issues.
When i go out in my 'man' clothes, which is everyday except when im working (as i've said before, work dont know). Which bathroom should i go in,if i go in the ladies quite often people say 'you know this is the womans bathroom' but if i go in the mens im sure to face the same problem of them saying 'did you know this is the mens room'.... So what do i do? In england it is very rare that we would have a unisex bathroom anywhere. I don't 'pack' at the moment, so obviously would have to sit to pee. :undecided In the next few weeks im going to order a 'mango' (im just waiting on a suitable credit card.)
- Have any of you ordered from the 'Mango' collection? Are they as easy to use as they say?
Im also going to buy a binder at the same time and a friend has pointed me to the 'Underworks' website. I have a small chest, no bigger than a 32B, so i guess i am lucky in that sense..do you know which size i will need? As im ordering online and having it delivered overseas i want to make sure i get the right size and dont have to return it or anything like that.
Another thing, quite similar to the whole toilet issue, when trying on clothes in a store which changing room do we use? Whichever they send us to.. i suppose.
I havent come across this issues really as of yet as im still forming my 'man' attire and looks, im hoping to go and get some good clothes on thursday or friday and also to have my haircut to make me look more masculine.
I have also been speaking to a friend who has said that i could/should start shaving my face now, even though i am on no hormones or anything..would this encourage my facial hair to grow a little if i did.. or is it likely to make little difference?
I'd love to know your opinions on these issues guys. :D

Cheers Seth.

Adam
10-08-2007, 09:21 AM
hi Seth

well as for toilets i used to worry what one to use and what not but thanks to a close Friend who said if i went into the girls she would scream i used the mens and have done since :D and that was way before i started T and i didn't pack i sat down to pee no one noticed because i was in a stall.
But its up to you what loo you feel better using i mean don't put yourself in a situation you feel uncomfy in.

As for mango yes i have one i ordered it 2 years ago but after trying to get used to it for a few weeks and having accidents i gave up on it and it had sat in a draw since.

Underworks are great i have ordered 6 binders off them over the last 2 years when i made my first order i emailed them first with my measurements and they told me what size i needed maybe you should try the same.

changing rooms i use the mens i don't leave it up to debate if you go to the mens to try on clothes i don't think they will question you about it at lease they never have done me.

Cai
10-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Honestly, I still mostly use the women's room, if I have to use a restroom at all. On campus I don't have a choice, and off campus everyone is used to seeing my school's butch lesbians wandering around, so I'm not sure how often I pass. I'm also terrified that I'll use the men's room, and someone from my school will come by just as I'm coming out.

There are a few other places besides Mango that sell STUDs, djknowsdicks.com is the first one that comes to mind. I've heard mostly negative reviews on the Mango, but since I haven't heard any on the DJ stuff, I really can't make a comparison.

The underworks site provides sizing charts as well as what Adam said about them telling you what size you need if you ask.

I've actually yet to try on anything in a store that guy's clothing. But considering that I only try on clothing if forced, that's got less to do with which changing room and more to do with my shopping style (get in, find clothes, get out). I can always take it back if it doesn't fit.
But if I wanted to try something on, I guess I'd just use the men's, considering that's what department I'd be in. Considering that an expensive shopping trip right now consists of Macy's, it's unusual that the store actually has separate dressing rooms.

I don't believe shaving will cause your hair to grow any faster. However, I just enjoy doing it. Plus it does make you look a little more masculine - women and young boys have peach fuzz, men don't except on the upper cheeks.

wanttobejoe
10-08-2007, 11:27 AM
I've done quite a few bus trips on vacation where you get out at a restaurant with a bus full of people, who all need to use the toilet at the same time.

Since the line at the gents is ALWAYS way shorter than the line at the ladies, most of the time there are some women who decide to use the man's toilets (I might be one of them :tongueout) once the line there has disappeared. This has never been a problem whatsoever.

ZenFrost
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Here in the states, it's technically possible to get arrested for using the restroom that is not of your birth sex. I don't always pass too well and many people at school know me as a girl. With that said, I use the ladies room even though it makes me extremely uncomfortable to do so.

Mangos, from what I hear, can be quite tricky to use. But I don't know much about other STP/STUDs so I have no comparison.

As for binder size, I'd probably suggest small for you. Medium might work but 32B seems like a small binder to me. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

I tend to use whichever changing room is closest if the store isn't crowded. But generally I use the men's. If you're dressed like a guy and have an armful of men's clothes, people generally don't expect you to use the woman's.

Shaving your face wont make you magically grow more facial hair, but what it does do is get rid of the female peach fuzz (which men don't have) which can help you pass. Personally, I don't shave my face but that's because of nerve damage I have.

Faith_G
10-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Hope I'm not butting in here, but if you think you might freak out the ladies - use the men's room. Guys don't look at each other or talk in the men's room, we come in, do our business, maybe wash our hands, and get out. If you do the same, you will fit in fine. Do your thing, avoid eye contact, don't start a conversation. Unless you sashay in wearing a skirt and heels you WILL be ignored like any other guy. If you gotta sit to pee, do so. Nobody is going to notice. :)

Tristan
10-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Hope I'm not butting in here, but if you think you might freak out the ladies - use the men's room. Guys don't look at each other or talk in the men's room, we come in, do our business, maybe wash our hands, and get out. If you do the same, you will fit in fine. Do your thing, avoid eye contact, don't start a conversation. Unless you sashay in wearing a skirt and heels you WILL be ignored like any other guy. If you gotta sit to pee, do so. Nobody is going to notice. :)

I agree with that. After being eyed and pegged for a pervert ina lady's room on vacation, I stuck to men's or family's rooms afterwards and the men never gave me so much as a second glance even as I stood and waited for a stall to open up. Back home though, I just avoid public restrooms as much as possible or use the women's when I have to.

Kieron Andrew
10-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Which bathroom should i go in,if i go in the ladies quite often people say 'you know this is the womans bathroom' but if i go in the mens im sure to face the same problem of them saying 'did you know this is the mens room'.... So what do i do? I use the men's full time now, i dont always pack but i do always bind......as you know im in the uk too

Im also going to buy a binder at the same time and a friend has pointed me to the 'Underworks' website. I have a small chest, no bigger than a 32B, so i guess i am lucky in that sense..do you know which size i will need? As im ordering online and having it delivered overseas i want to make sure i get the right size and dont have to return it or anything like that. small should be adequate for you :)

Another thing, quite similar to the whole toilet issue, when trying on clothes in a store which changing room do we use? Whichever they send us to.. i suppose.I either use Unisex or Mens, but then i only most shop in men's shops

I havent come across this issues really as of yet as im still forming my 'man' attire and looks, im hoping to go and get some good clothes on thursday or friday and also to have my haircut to make me look more masculine.
I have also been speaking to a friend who has said that i could/should start shaving my face now, even though i am on no hormones or anything..would this encourage my facial hair to grow a little if i did.. or is it likely to make little difference?go to any unisex hairdressers and say you want a male cut NOT androgenous, I shave all the peach fuzz off because that is a female thing, if you have dark hair it will become more corse as mine has but not more in quantity

crazy4cheezeits
10-14-2007, 07:56 PM
As for binder size, I'd probably suggest small for you. Medium might work but 32B seems like a small binder to me. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

I'm 34B and people recommended that I go with the XS. It'd be tight, but I'd recommend that.

As for men's room or women's room, men don't tend to notice or care about that as much as women.