PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Weekend...

Syr_SwitchyGQ
10-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Ok.... so I definitely just recovered from one of the most random and crazy weekends I've had in awhile. (I'm going to apologize in advance for this being so long, but there's an important back story to it.)

Basically, I had been scheming to visit Cade for a week (a long, hellish week, especially for him) and he'd been looking forward to it. However, as of Thursday, I was still looking for a way to get back to my hometown which is close to where he goes to school so he could pick me up and we could hang out. My original plan was to catch a ride from some of the people from his school who make regular trips down to my city where the best gay bar is. (I can walk to my dorm from there.) Since I don't have a car, this was my best option. However, NO ONE was going this weekend. Sooooooooooooo... I looked into taking a Greyhound bus back and found out that a one-way ticket costs $26 :eek: and the only bus that goes the right direction leaves at 11:50 every day. I couldn't go on Friday, because I have afternoon classes until 4:20. If I were to take the bus on Saturday and catch the same bus home Sunday, then I would have slightly more than 24 hours with Cade. Not worth it. I basically told him it wasn't going to happen.

Fast forward to Friday morning at 9:30. I get the crazy notion that I should just skip my afternoon classes (one was a discussion of a lecture I'd already been to and the other one would probably be just sitting and reading for an hour) and catch a bus that morning. So I packed light... no, really. I took: the clothes on my back, the stuff in my pockets, a pair of jeans for if it got cold, my toothbrush/toothpaste, my contact case, my hair gel, my eyebrow pencil (so I pass better) and thirty bucks. I called Cade at ten to suggest my plan, and asked if he could figure out people who could take me back to my college. He said: "Just do it. I'll find a way to get you home." So I went to talk to my councilor (I had an 11:00 appointment) and told her that I needed to talk for ten minutes and then leave to catch the bus. I told her the background story and she basically said, "Great plan - go for it." My "responsible adult" told me to skip class to catch a Greyhound bus. I figured it was ok.

So... after buying the ticket and hopping the (quasi-sketchy) bus, I arrived back in my hometown area at 1:30 with three dollars in my pocket and my backpack in hand. I stayed with Cade in his room and it was really fun. Neither of us had any money whatsoever, so we had McDonald's dollar menu meals on the lawn of his college. It was fantastic. :D Really, we did have a lot of fun just hanging out and getting to visit. We even wrote the form letter for our high school trans group to get it off the ground. The one fly in the ointment was that I still had no idea how I was getting back and I definitely didn't have enough money to buy another ticket on Sunday. :eek: We scrambled a little bit and I ended up calling my dad and asking him to transfer money to my account, which would cover either a ticket back home or gas money for Cade to drive me back. This should have worked, but sadly he transferred it to my home account, not my college account, which I didn't have my card with me for. :sigh:

Did I mention that my parents, who live in the area and who have tons of people who know me and them and live in the area had no idea I was in town? Basically, I couldn't tell them that I was in town because they wouldn't have approved of me staying the night with Cade, and they would've made a big stink about me visiting them too, and so I would've, and it would've turned into a big fight about me avoiding them or using Cade as a buffer and them telling me (and possibly Cade) are actually just lesbians going through a weird phase. :wall: So I basically spent the whole weekend ducking away from people my parents might know, places where I might run into people my parents knew, local TV news cameras, etc. :p

Cade and I ended up having to go home and sweettalk his parents into lending him startup gas money for his delivery boy job. This (thankfully) worked, awkward as it was, and he ended up driving me home on Sunday, where I was able to access my money and give him enough to get back home. :heehee: He hung out in my collegetown for awhile, which fun (he got to meet my favorite bookstore owner who claims hir gender to be "tree" and hir husband's to be "cat." We also ran into an ex-girlfriend/FtM student in our group - totally by chance. We talked for awhile and then Cade had to go home for work.

I was so exhausted and on a weird eating/sleeping schedule that I didn't feel good Sunday evening and ended up leaving my German study group early. (This came in handy this morning when I needed to skip because I was puking.) After a few hours of feeling really crappy, I felt ok enough to go have dinner with a few friends. Then everyone but me and a newer college friend had to leave, which was ok because he told me he needed to talk to me about something. We chatted for awhile, and it turns out he's actually an MtF she. :D

Anyway, that was a two hour conversation and long story short, I again didn't get sleep and felt horrible this morning. So........ I paid for it dearly, but I had an awesome weekend. Sorry that was so long... but to fully comprehend the craziness it required the back story. :heehee:

ZenFrost
10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Well that's a heck of a story. Glad you had fun, but I'm sorry you got sick.

JamesAlan
10-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Sounds like some of the crazy weekends I've had in the past. Glad you had fun though.

Kris
10-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Glad you had fun.. it's all worth it when you are happy like that.

Sorry you got sick........ :sad: that sucks.. and it's nice that your new friend came out to you too...

:hugs: Kris