PDA

View Full Version : Learn something new every day

Tobie
10-13-2007, 08:17 AM
So I learned a bit more about FtM GRS. I found it through this canadian website (http://www.grsmontreal.com/anglais.html).

Interesting to learn how they do it, and from what the site explained, you can have sensation and functionality with help of a pump which is, if I understood correctly, in your body.

Am I wrong? Did I misunderstand the content?

(As a note, this was done out of curiosity, I don't have plans of ever going through GRS, but it's neat to know about it.)

Adam
10-13-2007, 10:23 AM
you right the pump is inside your body i watched this op done on a video and also i seen the end result of a few i do intend to have one done in the futrue :D

ZenFrost
10-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Is it just me or is it kinda disturbing how that whole things works? And it takes a bunch of operations over a long period of time... and it leaves massive scars... and it doesn't look too good in the end. As much as I want one, I also don't want one. Does that make any sense?

AllieSF
10-13-2007, 02:54 PM
I am not familiar with the MtoF GRS. However, for men who have had their prostrate removed and have in some cases become totally impotent (an occassional and unfortunate side effect), there is a procedure to put in an implant. That includes inflatable tubes along the shaft, a small pump located in the scrotum (sac), and I think a small reservoir (bulb) located in the abdomen to hold the inflating liquid.

I had my prostrate removed due to cancer 2 years ago. I belong to a Yahoo support group that specifically deals with the recovery of sexual intimacy with SOs. They discuss the implants a lot and it seems that both parties are very satisfied with the results. From what I read on the site that you provided, it appears that the procedure may be similar for GRS with applicable differences.

ZenFrost
10-13-2007, 04:15 PM
I am not familiar with the MtoF GRS.

The MtF GRS is very different than the FtM one. It's completed in a single operation, has minor scarring, a shorter recovery time, and basically it's taking away something that's there while the FtM is adding something that isn't. The website describes it as well as the FtM GRS.

Kieron Andrew
10-13-2007, 04:18 PM
and basically it's taking away something that's there.
not strictly true its created from the donor material of the penis, whereas the FtM is either created from skin flap of the forearm or the abdomen depend on which technique the surgeon favours, so both are created from something else.....i knew i went on that workshop weekend for a reason lol, MtF is done in one surgery and FtM is done is a series of surgeries...again depending on surgeon you have it with, it could be up to 5 surgeries

Tobie
10-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I definitely think it's a little weird how the whole thing is done. And I keep looking at my left forearm, my non-Dominant one, which also has degenerating bone in the wrist. And I just couldn't imagine.. it gives me medical/surgery-phobia heebie geebies.

melissaK
10-13-2007, 06:57 PM
.. it gives me medical/surgery-phobia heebie geebies.

Yep, I get those thinking of simple procedures let alone GRS . . .
Hugs,
'lissa