PDA

View Full Version : shopping in drab

Shining Star
03-30-2005, 03:53 AM
while shopping in drab and you were buying fem clothes, and when you were paying for them at the checkout. have you ever been asked if the fem clothes that you were buying were for you and what did you say th the person. it has happen to me but it was when i was buying some clothes for my necies birthday

Halo
03-30-2005, 04:05 AM
I bought some tights in a corner shop, many years ago (before the internet existed ;)). The girl behind the counter said - "You'll look nice in these"
I was too mortified to reply :eek:

The few other times I've bought stuff, I think the assistants were more flustered than me :D

I still don't really have the bottle to buy girly stuff from shops.

nishp
03-30-2005, 05:46 AM
When that happened to me, I just looked straight into the counter girl's eyes and lied with a straight face.

I told her they were for me. She said - "sure"... and we both had a laugh.

Sometimes people don't believe you when you tell the truth. It is the way you tell them.

Love.
Nisha.

while shopping in drab and you were buying fem clothes, and when you were paying for them at the checkout. have you ever been asked if the fem clothes that you were buying were for you and what did you say th the person. it has happen to me but it was when i was buying some clothes for my necies birthday

LindaTS
03-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Except for the holiday seasons I don't have the courage to shop in drab. Then everything is alright. It's much easier for me to shop enfemme.

Robertacd
03-30-2005, 09:34 AM
I kind of like the little grins and smiles I get when buying womens clothes. Once at Mervin's the girl was folding the things and commenting on how cute they were, then looked at me asd said, "your going to look great in them", I just smiled back and said "I know" :D

Priscilla1018
03-30-2005, 09:36 AM
I have had the girl at the check out rush me through and out the door,fine with me I just want to get home and try on my new purchases.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

DonnaT
03-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Once buying a pair of pantyhose along with other groceries, at the check out she asked "Do you think these will fit?" I replied, "I sure hope so!"

At Fashion Bug, the lady didn't ask, she knew, and proceeded to tell me they had heels and boots on sale.

Another time I was buying some face powder for my wife, and the lady asked if it was for me. I told her no, that it was for my wife, but we shared when I had my makeup on. She paused only slightly, then carried on witht he sale.

At another store, I went in to buy a petticoat, and held to my waist asking the lady if she thought it would fit, as it was a one size fits all. She said it should. Then I told her about how my wife made me my maids uniform, but wouldn't make the petticoat, which is why I was there. :cool:

Virginia
03-30-2005, 10:10 AM
I like to shop at our local "Goodwill," en drab. Very few men in there. When I have time I will go through every rack of skirts, blouses and dresses. I have had some GG's speak to me about what I might be looking for (not as a male, but like, solids, stripes, A-lines, etc.) We just chat and move on. As I side light I have noticed on a couple of occassions these GG's actually appeared lonely and were just looking for someone to authenicate them as human beings, really kind of sad. I spent several minutes with one lady who happened to be in a wheellchair. I later overheard her friend ask her who I was she said, "I don't know, just some nice boy I was talking with." I guess my worse time in there is when I come across a very expensive blouse or dress and I am talking $200 - $300 for $3.00 and I love it and want it and I know there is no way it will fit!!! The check-out folks know me, but they have never asked why I am buying (somewhat larger sizes :) ) skirts, dresses, blouses.
Where I get the most inquisitive responses is buying make-up, because I usally ask questions to the girls who work there, like do you have a sample to see if this foundation matches my skin tone? Or do you think I can mix Mabelline and Revlon. I have never been told "I'm sorry we can not sell this to you because your a guy!"
As I say, "Keep the faith - girls!"
Virginia

Richelle
03-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Yes, it happened to me at a thrift store which was very CD friendly. :) I was buying a pair of sandals and she asked if they were for me as they could not be returned. When I said yes she asked if I was a cross-dresser. I said yes and she responded that she has a lot of customers that cross-dress.

Other times when I was their in drab, I wanted to try on some skirts and she was more than willing to help pick out the right size.

To bad it went out of business. :(

Richelle

Sandra H
03-30-2005, 12:55 PM
I have been lucky in so much as I have never been asked anything when buying cloths in drab. In fact I only buy cloths when in drab as I would never pass if I had to talk too much with my deep voice.

I buy my pantyhose for everyday wearing from my local supermarket and just put them with everything else. Before I know it I have them in a bag and paying. I buy my best pantyhose and stockings from a department store and only once when I was buying stockings did the sales assistant say to me, “do you know these are stockings?” She was making sure that I had not picked up the wrong pack. I just said, “yes she wants stockings in the summer” I was not telling a lie, I did want stockings in the summer. :D

Kimberly
03-30-2005, 01:38 PM
The assistants in all these stories all seem very confident to say something about it :) But, it's good to know that everyone is more or less okay with sales assistants complimenting you girls.

I've never had that problem :) That might be because I'm British, and no one says anything over here. You ask someone the time, and they go: "It's my watch! MINE!"

Not nice... :(

ToniB
03-30-2005, 03:57 PM
Don't know which part of UK you're from Kimberley, but I've had many friendly comments from assistants when I've bought things for myself or my wife. They've helped me select correct size etc., always been helpful, and melted away if I said I was OK.
I've had the "These are stockings, OK" before Sandra, and I've replied "Yes, they're a present, and like her to wear stockings", which was true both ways.

You must be from the SE UK Kimberley, we're much more friendly up North!

ToniB

Monica Thames
03-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, I'm not only a sweet transvestite, but I'm also a shop assistant. Can't you tell how multi-talented I am? :p

From the other side of the till points, I have to tell you that we just plain don't give a damn. I get men buying ladieswear all the time, and if I do think I'm well aware that if I wasn't a transvestite I'd not be playing the guessing game. Besides, every time I think I'm serving a fellow crossdresser, said customer's wife always turns up. There's so much joking and misunderstanding that it's pretty stupid to think that the till tart's gonna even consider you as one of us.

From the other other side, I know it doesn't always seem like that. I'm going to buy a top from work tomorrow morning, and I'm utterly terrified. I gotta look these people in the face again and again. :eek:

wendy
03-30-2005, 06:06 PM
I've purchased all my clothing from shops, no internet purchases.

I've only had two instances where the cashier made a comment about my purchase.

My first time I bought a white teddy, and the cashier made a comment about sweaters and there was a sale on them.

A second time was when I bought a unitard. The cashier said "Are you sure these are the right size ?", and my reply was "yes, it will fit her".

Adriana
03-30-2005, 06:24 PM
It’s funny how we all have had similar experiences. On multiple occasions I've had the cashier (usually a women) tell me that I will look cute in that outfit, or that there's a buy one get the second one half price sale. Though, most of the cashiers that I have encountered just ring up the item as if nothing special has happened.

Katrina
03-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Once when I was in a shop to buy a pair of shoes, the woman working there asked me if I wanted to try them on (it was a place with the boxes out for people to find their own size). Another time, I was buying some undies at a department store and the woman at the counter told me that if I wanted to get three thongs, there was a special deal. Other than that, all I get is the normal customer greeting-type smile. I do get a knowing smile from the shoe store that I have bought several pairs from though. The people there are friendly probably because they recognize me as a repeat customer.

Wendy me
03-30-2005, 10:02 PM
shopping for fem things is as big of a part of crossdressing as wearing them. i have been in the begining stage were i lost my nerve and left empty handed .to now if asked are thrise for you i say yes thay are...fun is finding a store were the girls get paid on commission and when asked can i helpe you? you say yes ......girlfrend lets shop...your next visit she will be ready to helpe......

Tina P Hose
03-30-2005, 11:09 PM
I was shopping at our local mall the other day in our small midwestern town with the sole purpose of taking advantage of a huge sale on department store quality pantyhose. I guess that I picked out 8 or 9 packages at a really good price. The lingerie checkout was busy, so I went to an adjoining area where there were a couple of younger women working. I put my pantyhose on the counter and the first thing out of the cashiers mouth was, "Are theese for you ?". I told her,"Ofcourse, they are". Anyway she told me that it was always good to buy more than one package of pantyhose because of runs. She forgot to ask me about joining the hosiery club, but I reminded her and now I have my little card. Only four more pantyhose to purchase...and then my free pair !!! Anyway, it was kind of a turn-on...atleast for me.

jjjjohanne
04-02-2005, 07:58 AM
The first time I bought pantyhose, I went to the grocery store. I was SOOO nervous. I walked around the whole store to see if there was anyone I knew there. I saw my 10th grade English teacher. I walked around for nearly an hour. Then I got some nuts, and stuff, and then my pantyhose. No event.

Eventually, I started going to the store and buying just pantyhose. Normally no response. One teenager said, "Now you're ready for a night on the town." I responded that I wouldn't get very far in those.

On one of my first panties purchases, I went to a mall. I was looking around for what I wanted. I hardly knew what I wanted. Several shoppers were there. I finally decided that they weren't going away. I go get in line. When I finally get up to the register, the lady asked me the question. "Are these for someone else?" I was MORTIFIED! In shock, I honestly said, "No." I was not the only person in line. I think she realized what had just happened. Then she was awkward. She explained that she thought I was shopping with someone else in the store and she made a reference to a couple girls in the section.

jjjjohanne
04-02-2005, 08:02 AM
I have a one more.

Once while in a mall far from my home, I decided to be bold. I was talking to the hosiery clerk and I was looking for a specific look and feel. I was hoping she could help me. She wasn't helping me find what I wanted. I apologized for being too picky. Finally, I let her know they were for me. She didn't believe me. She was 21 or so. She didn't believe me. I had to pull up the leg of my pants to reveal my black pantyhosed ankle and prove it to her. She was honestly surprised a guy would wear hose. Wierd.

Happy Spring All!