PDA

View Full Version : And it's done....

Sally-Ann
10-14-2007, 02:54 AM
That went well. Calm, no problems, sensible, adult discussion. The end result is that she now understands the roots of my CDing, and has no objections. :cheer:

She says she'll support me, and will treat it in the same way as my sci-fi book obsession, or my computer related hobbies - i.e. she'll give advice if she can, help where she can, and leave me to get on with it if I want. :^5:

Me dressed does nothing for her sexually, but it also doesn't turn her off.

All in all, it's a case of "it's another part of you, I understand it, I'm not worried or upset by it, so what's the problem?"

I :love: my wife! :-)

Thanks to everyone for their messages of support and advice.
:luvu:

Jenny England
10-14-2007, 03:00 AM
congrats, glad to hear it went so well. I notice from your avatar you play Guild Wars. Feel free to add me if you wanna play sometime. My character name is Tomonari Kasumi. :p

angela52
10-14-2007, 03:02 AM
hi girl im angela and new to all of this have much to share with that special lady

trannie T
10-14-2007, 03:11 AM
It is nice she tolerates crossdressing. It is amazing she puts up with that science fiction crap. I am happy things went well. Congratulations!

Sally-Ann
10-14-2007, 03:11 AM
congrats, glad to hear it went so well. I notice from your avatar you play Guild Wars. Feel free to add me if you wanna play sometime. My character name is Tomonari Kasumi. :p

Cool - keep your eyes open for a character who's name ends in "Ree" (all of mine do) appearing on your friends list. :)

Hope to see you in the game.

Jazzmine
10-14-2007, 03:37 AM
Well done! I was waiting with fingers-crossed to get part II of your story.

You are very lucky Sally-Ann.
Hugs Jazzmine

Valerie
10-14-2007, 05:46 AM
Thanks for sharing with us the great news. Now do make sure to buy her some real roses and take her out for a ree-al dinner with the monitor off. She is supremely special.

Valerie

Lilith Moon
10-14-2007, 06:09 AM
It is amazing, how our SOs put up with our bizarre interests and quirks, not matter how they are beyond the pale...I mean...really...sci-fi ???

Rachelhouston
10-14-2007, 06:45 AM
OMG! You read sci-fi? I'm not the only geek CD?

But seriously, congratulations on a successful talk. Honesty and openness makes your relationship so strong.

Rachel

Suzie Green
10-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Congrats on the great news! I got the same kind of reaction from my wife too. Keep talking about it, asking for advice etc. MY marriage became a lot closer since I came out to her, and I have not regretted doing it for a moment! :love:

TxKimberly
10-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Congrats! That was a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago for me and I can still clearly recall the awsome feeling of that weight being lifted off my shoulders. I didn't have to hide it from her anymore and had someone I could talk to. It was an awesome feeling and I hope you have the same.

Di
10-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Wonderful!!!! Hope to one day see your wife here with us:hugs:

Ðarissa
10-14-2007, 08:51 AM
YAY! I'm glad that went well! That's awesome news Sally! You're one lucky girl to have such an understanding and supportive wife! :D

Raychel
10-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Glad all went well for you. Send your wife some flowers and make sure that she knows just how special she is. :love:

Tvanessa
10-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Now you know like I do the great feeling of "coming clean" with your SO. Went well for me and I'm glad it went well for you.

Angie G
10-14-2007, 12:47 PM
It's great when the wife is so OK with the dressing thing I wish all the girl here could have that :hugs:
Angie

Mistybtm
10-14-2007, 01:43 PM
wish i could find a SO as wonderful as yours

vivianann
10-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Congrats, sounds like you have a wonderful wife. take good care of her.

JoAnnDallas
10-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Sound almost similar to when my wife found out a couple of months ago. After everything calmed down, she decided that my dressing was no different than when I would dress in costume and goto SciFi cons or play D&D with some of my friends. She scared me for a couple of days, since she did not scream or holler at me, like some wifes have done when they found out. I kept waiting for the other foot to drop, but I don't think it will now. Her reaction is similar to her reaction to my other hobbies, Amateur Radio, Model Railroading, Online Gaming, and Flying. She is not interested in these hobbies or meeting my friends that are, but knows they are important to me. She does not want to see me dressed, but agreed to give a Saturday afternoon once a month.

SANDRA MICHELLE
10-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Good for you. My wife was OK with it at first but is gradually pulling more back with the acceptance. I really think it's a lot to do with other issues that are out of her control, ie: some family health issues that she has to be involved with.

Gisele
10-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Congrats!

Like to old saying "The truth will set you free". I am happy for you!!!:love:

carie
10-15-2007, 12:35 PM
CONGRAT ! .. sounds like u really hv an understanding wife .. i would love to have one ..:p

Mitch23
10-15-2007, 01:27 PM
give her a big hug from auntie mitch

Ruth
10-15-2007, 03:18 PM
That's great, I am in the same position as you. We are lucky and we have to look after these ladies.
(But sci-fi... that is something else)
Ruth

charlie
10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
That went well. Calm, no problems, sensible, adult discussion. The end result is that she now understands the roots of my CDing, and has no objections. :cheer:

She says she'll support me, and will treat it in the same way as my sci-fi book obsession, or my computer related hobbies - i.e. she'll give advice if she can, help where she can, and leave me to get on with it if I want. :^5:

Me dressed does nothing for her sexually, but it also doesn't turn her off.

All in all, it's a case of "it's another part of you, I understand it, I'm not worried or upset by it, so what's the problem?"

I :love: my wife! :-)

Thanks to everyone for their messages of support and advice.
:luvu:

Sally, How wonderful for ykou! Does that mean you can prance around the house dressed and she just accepts it? Do you feel strange being dressed around her? I'm stirring up my courage!

Andrea_girl
10-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Brilliant outcome, could not be better
well done

VTDresser
10-15-2007, 06:36 PM
I have read many posts here and would like to jump into the conversation....

My wife has accepted that I like to look good and want to do that wearing slacks, tops, lingerie...it's OK with her as long as it doesn't remove me from being the who she married or the partner she needs.

In a convoluted way, I feel less pressure now than I ever did before. She understands that my CD nature doesn't have a sexual nature as I have never forced her to be intimate with me when I am dressed.

I figure I could walk around dressed, be comfortable, and share my feelings in a non-sexual way or I could fantasize about being en femme with a man. I really dont have the latter, so I am very content being allowed to dress as I choose in the secrecy of our home.

Do I wish to share with another CD...it would be nice to shop together, talk about grooming, share tips on fashion...but I dont have an urge to go past the friendship or having something to share (but I will say that the shopping trips I take with my wife are pretty awesome!!!)

Take care all.....

Corinna E
10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
sounds to me like another lucky lady!! congrats!!! im so happy for you