PDA

View Full Version : Getting used to wearing stiletto heels

Abby Lauren
10-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi Gals
I am soon to spend three glorious days as Abby at Fantasia Fair in Provincetown. Like many of you, I absolutely adore my stiletto heels as well as my other high heels. However, I have yet to be able to feel at all comfortable in them after about ten minutes on my feet. Quite the contrary. My feet scream out at me in pain. Anything above 2 inches gets my feet to writhe in agony pretty quickly.
I was wondering if any of you have progressed from sheer pain (as opposed to those of you who may never have had such pain) to being able to comfortably wear these heels. And, if so, what helped you get to that point? I would be grateful to all of you who reply.
Hugs
Abby

Mollyanne
10-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi Abby, I too LOVE my heels but alas my feet have a mind of their own. It seems that whenever I am just thinking about putting on my heels my feet dictate another course of foot wear. I can wear two inch heels w/o a problem, I can wear three inch heels for four hours and anything higher then this "shall we say is verboten". And I thought it would get better!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Nicki B
10-14-2007, 08:16 AM
I absolutely adore my stiletto heels as well as my other high heels. However, I have yet to be able to feel at all comfortable in them after about ten minutes on my feet. Quite the contrary. My feet scream out at me in pain. Anything above 2 inches gets my feet to writhe in agony pretty quickly.

It's simple - try some more shoes.. :)

What hurts? The balls of your feet? Your calves? Your toes?? Would a size larger help?

TxKimberly
10-14-2007, 08:21 AM
If they hurt your feet THAT bad I doubt it is something your going to suddenly become accustomed to. I think you should give some thought to WHY they hurt your feet that bad, because I think even your typical GG will agree that while not comfortable, they aren't excruciating, especially after only 10 minutes. I would have a few things I'd consider if I were you:
1 - With heels, you DO get what you pay for. Cheep shoes (and yes, most of us have 'em) are NOT going to be as comfortable as better made shoes. Personally, I will not spend my money at Payless for heels anymore. They fit poorly, are made poorly, and are not comfortable.
2 - Size. Most of us HATE that our feet are so large. Some of us try to hide this from others and ourselves by wearing shoes that are a little too small. The fact that you can get your foot into it doesn't mean it "fits". Make sure your wearing shoes that fit right.
3 - Open / Closed toe shoes. I have found that closed toe shoes are GOING to hurt, and the worst are those cute little pumps with the pointed toes that we all love. Here's a little secret for you - in most cases you can wear a size smaller with an open toe shoe.

janet1234
10-14-2007, 08:29 AM
quality helps, I also will stop buying from payless, they look good but are really not so good. One exception, the little retro mary janes, 2 1/2 inch heel are cute and I wear them all day then in the evening go to a four inch heel, a jante from pierre silber, really pretty and comfortable.

Suzy Harrison
10-14-2007, 08:51 AM
I think you should give some thought to WHY they hurt your feet that bad

1 - With heels, you DO get what you pay for. Cheep shoes (and yes, most of us have 'em) are NOT going to be as comfortable as better made shoes. Personally, I will not spend my money at Payless for heels anymore. They fit poorly, are made poorly, and are not comfortable.
2 - Size. Most of us HATE that our feet are so large. Some of us try to hide this from others and ourselves by wearing shoes that are a little too small. The fact that you can get your foot into it doesn't mean it "fits". Make sure your wearing shoes that fit right.
3 - Open / Closed toe shoes. I have found that closed toe shoes are GOING to hurt, and the worst are those cute little pumps with the pointed toes that we all love. Here's a little secret for you - in most cases you can wear a size smaller with an open toe shoe.

Kim is right. It's not necessarily because the heels are high that makes them painful to wear. I have a pair of 4 inch heels which are really comfortable to walk in - they just fit like a glove. I also have a cheaper 3 inch pair which are very painfull to walk any distance in. Also, as she said, open toed shoes are more comfortable too..

Veronica Fallon
10-14-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm blessed/cursed with naturally dainty "girly feets"- size 9-9 1/2 (woman's), very narrow, & with a high arch. I'm blessed because shoe shopping is easy for me, but I'm cursed because my high arches make the balls of my feet hurt in any shoes (male or female) except the highest quality hiking boots. So I've learned to just suffer through it & hope for the rare times my feet actually go rather numb.

I'm sorry I couldn't offer a solution- I'm still looking for myself!! :idontknow:

Hugz & Footrubz,

Veronica

Suzie Green
10-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Try different shoes too. The position of the heel in relation to the entire sole of your foot and your center of gravity can make a big difference. Even a 1/2 inch forward or backward feels different. All shoes are not made the same. I have several pairs of 4 inch heels and they all have their own "feel" to them. I have 2 pairs like these from MissHighHeel.com and I can walk in them all day long with no problems, they are as comfortable as my running shoes. And at $22 they are a bargain too! :cheer:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/SuzieGreen/heels.jpg

christid66
10-14-2007, 09:55 AM
...and this is why this site is so great.
I've been singing the praises of Payless and the shoes I've bought there - but I've only ever worn them around the house. As I'm getting closer to going out, I'm going to feel self conscious enough first time without my feet killing me.
Thanks to all of you who have given such great advice.

docrobbysherry
10-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't have any shoes with heels less than 4" high. Most r 41/2" to 51/2". I've bought most mail order, but some in stores that I tried on at home. My feet r large, but not too large or wide. I never wear shoes longer than 2 hours at a time. But some r so painful, I'm in great pain in just 15 minutes. I have found no corollation between comfort and price. However, quality costs more. As so many have already written, closed toes and pumps r the worst, generally.
I have also discovered that after wearing these really high heels for years, I have learned to walk differently than when I am drab. I swing my weight and my center of gravity r quite different in heels. I don't have think about it as I once did. It looks and feels sexy AND I'm more comfortable now. I love the feeling of my stretched calves after wearing them.
RS

JenniferR771
10-14-2007, 02:39 PM
May I suggest that support is most important. Short boots that support the foot all around and prevent wobbling seem to work best for me.

Jackie67
10-14-2007, 02:49 PM
practice, practice, practice.
I have only 4 and 5 and to top it off 6 inch heels wear them all day some times, BUT you get what you pay for I have a pair of 41/2 inch that were over 3 big ones and they are the best I ever had.:rolleyes:

Michelle I
10-14-2007, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=TxKimberly;1041295] - With heels, you DO get what you pay for. Cheep shoes (and yes, most of us have 'em) are NOT going to be as comfortable as better made shoes. Personally, I will not spend my money at Payless for heels anymore. They fit poorly, are made poorly, and are not comfortable.

I have to agree with Kim on this point, I have bought both Payless and Nine West shoes. The Nine West fit and feel better. I finally got the courage and went into Nine West in male mode and bought a pair of 2" heels. Great fit and great service, even though the salegirl looked a little shocked at first:eek:. I have been back several times and bought a couple of more pair. Just be ready to spend some extra money as they are not as cheap as Payless.

celtic.blue.eyes
10-14-2007, 05:45 PM
If it's your toes that hurt, try a round-toe pump. Jessica Simpson had a nice feminine style, and they keep you foot looking smaller
Here's a sample: http://cgi.ebay.com/Jessica-Simpson-Henry-Size-11-Round-Toe-Pumps_W0QQitemZ200162721261QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6388 9QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can tell you from experience that it does make a tremendous difference!

Angela Sheers
10-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Good luck Abby, I resigned myself to a maximum of 3" heels, I think they look very sensual and sexy and still give my feet a great shape. Im blessed with good legs, but could not and WILL not subject myself to pain for the sake of a couple of inches. And perhaps making my legs look a little better. I need to fish and broken ankles don't fit well when fishing lol.

brandi1717
10-14-2007, 07:11 PM
I have a couple of 4 inch high heels that I am comfy in but they are not point toe heels either. For some reason I have never had a problem in heels.

Angie G
10-14-2007, 08:49 PM
It must be the shoes I have some that kill me in a short time and others I can wear all night with no problem :hugs:
Angie

Monique Althea
10-14-2007, 09:31 PM
I have at least one pair of boots that, for whatever reason, have stiletto heels that are impossible on which to stay balanced while wearing. Other stillettos seem to be able to handle my center of gravity perfectly. Each pump I own seems to fit slightly differently from the rest, some shoes break in better than others, and some shoes (or boots) are always going to be painful to wear after a certain period of time.

GG's who almost exclusively wear pumps have told me that their feet had to become conditioned to standing in them all day. I've noticed many GG's with the smaller two toes on each foot bent almost diagonally, presumably from wearing narrow pumps on a long-term basis. I think foot discomfort is part of the price a girl pays for fashion; until I experienced it, I never understood how orgasmically wonderful it can feel to finally remove a pair of heels after several hours. This is also why women on dates tend to lean against their man towards the end of the evening.

Blonde
10-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Also make sure your toe nails are cut short. I've found that after I have just cut my toe nails, I can wear my pumps longer than when the toes nails start to get longer.

just my $.02

Rachel Morley
10-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Hi Abby,

I'm really lucky as I only take a US women's size 8 in shoes which means I get a lot of choices in shoes, which does include high stilettos. My highest pairs are 5 inch pumps. However, I can't stay on my feet in these for longer than about 3 hours. I normally go for 3-1/2 to 4 inches when I go out.

How does one get used to it? For me, it was a case of practice makes perfect, plus I tend to buy my shoes "used" from Goodwill so that the leather is already soft and worn in. :happy:

MsRicky
10-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Practice and persistance
From the pain whene wearing heels through the pain in the ball of your foot whene you go back to flats to the pleasure of standing and walking on 6 inch spikes. Go do it

MarinaTwelve200
10-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Try different shoes too. The position of the heel in relation to the entire sole of your foot and your center of gravity can make a big difference. Even a 1/2 inch forward or backward feels different. All shoes are not made the same. I have several pairs of 4 inch heels and they all have their own "feel" to them. I have 2 pairs like these from MissHighHeel.com and I can walk in them all day long with no problems, they are as comfortable as my running shoes. And at $22 they are a bargain too! :cheer:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/SuzieGreen/heels.jpg

You are exactly right there. My first pair of 4 inch heels, I can hardly stand in, much less walk, yet I have another pair that seem almost natural. I have no problems at all wearing. Some shoes have a better, more functional design than others. I cant tell you how to tell , however, other than trying them on. its something about the position of the heel. You can feel if its right almost immediately.----and the shoe can be cheap too.

erickka
10-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Quality is probably 90% of the answer. I have some 5"heel China specials, and they are painful. Then again, I have one pair of 9 west, and they are a delight. I found that the gel ball of foot inserts do help to some extent with ball of foot pain in the cheaper shoes.

LoriNC
10-15-2007, 08:13 AM
Quality is probably 90% of the answer. I found that the gel ball of foot inserts do help to some extent with ball of foot pain in the cheaper shoes.

I agree with you erickka. I have boots with a 5 inch heel that i just love the fit till i stand up they use to kill the ball of my foot till i got gel a true foot saver.

Kenix
10-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Glad to see you back Abby. :hugs:

Make sure you are wearing a comfortable (if that is possible) pair of heels and practice walking in them. As a couple member have said the right shoes do make a difference.

Abby Lauren
10-15-2007, 11:33 PM
WOW!!! Thanks so much, girls. That's why I love this group and this site.
Actually, I was hoping to hear that it's simply a matter of persistence and that, after a while, the pain goes away. Some did say that and I will certainly get practice this weekend in PTown.
Kim's comments, which I value very highly because I know she wears high heels for hours at a time, somehow ring true. My shoes, alas, are mostly from Payless. Well, darn it, they do look so beautiful and/or funky, how does a girl resist? I have bought Ros Homerson's and other more expensive brands from Zappo's but they don't necessarily feel any better- and sometimes even worse. My masseuse was trying to get me to buy a pair of Cole-Haan shoes. She told me they have a Nike air cushion in them. But, they are really pricey.

When I try on the shoes as Abby in the store, I am usually on such a high that I'm not completely aware of how great a fit the shoes are. I just adore wearing them. One time, a Black GG customer near me told me, "Girl, those shoes are so BAAAD!!!" After that, it was all I could do to prevent myself from buying the whole store out, I felt sooo good! The shoes were a silver cloth sandal with 3 1/2" heels- and they are, in fact, soo baaad. I hope to wear them to the final night Ball.
Please keep the advice coming and I am truly grateful to all of you who wrote.
Love
Abby

AmandaLatex
10-28-2007, 06:30 PM
I have some great heels and boots that have a sexy heel but more support. I'm a big gal and I have found 1 comfortable pair of heels for about every 7 pairs I try or buy.

Good luck hun!

Amanda

sterling12
10-29-2007, 12:24 AM
You didn't really describe the character and locality of your foot pain. Where is the pain located? If it's in the toes...probably your feet are too wide and the shoes are too narrow. Shoes come in widths and they will vary. Standard off the shelf heels from Payless or Walmart, probably standard for a woman, a "B" Width. That may be way too narrow for you.

Other areas of pain often indicate different problems. So it would be helpful to get a little more info.

You can also try "Chunky Heels." They look girly-girl, they are a lot more stable, and usually more comfortable.

The only other suggestion is to "build up," your wearing time by finding a comfortable pair and wearing them around the house for a couple of hours each night....that also might help. No GG or any other gurl was born wearing heels, they had to learn how to wear them, and increase their "On your feet time."

Peace and Love, Joanie

JazmyneCD
10-29-2007, 12:50 AM
I've been trying to get my wife to wear more girly shoes but she still resists. (It's also a good way for me to "borrow" what she's got :))

We went to DSW today and I saw all sorts of shoes I'd love to have in my collection. She ended up buying some flip-flops and sandals (not very cute). No girly shoes again.

Then while out for a walk, I happened to find $20 on the street. I'm sure you can guess where I'm going tomorrow :)

Abby Lauren
10-29-2007, 01:05 AM
I just came back from 3 whole days as Abby at Fan Fair and it was one of the most wonderful times of my life. Hope to share some pics soon.
I got to wear a bunch of my high heels and can tell you that the major problem is the pain in the balls (no pun intended) of my feet after wearing them for as little as 10 minutes. The shoes actually felt quite comfortable until then.
I did get to wear some clunkier heels as well and was very pleased that I tolerated them quite well. Of course, they hardly look sexy but still look quite girly- so it wasn't so bad. I just love seeing my pedicure through my stockings and my peep-toe heels.

Denise Somers
10-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi Abby,

Read different responses to your post and agree with the adage; "you get what you pay for." A friend of mine has a shoe store in Chicago which is well-known to the transgendered community. There, all customers, regardless of birth sex, can try on a myriad of shoes and styles, and know that the shoe will fit properly. I personally am not blessed with a face that blends easily into a woman's but my legs seem to have no trouble with any height of heel. I'd suggest finding a store in the NY/NJ area that welcomes TG/CD customers and go there. You'll also find one company's idea of a girl's size 11 or 12 can be different than another company's size 11 or 12. Once you get familiar with a company's size fit, and if you later see something you "have to have" online, you can order it with the confidence it should fit. The other thing to consider is perhaps give the front of the foot a bit of lift by adding a platform. Wedges are great that way, a 4-6" heel with a 1-2" platform can be incredibly comfortable.

Denise Somers

laceslip
10-29-2007, 10:59 AM
after 15 yrs of wearing heels of all types I have only recently mastered walking in anything over 4 inches well. Quality shoes are important, and remember heel first

Cara Allen
10-29-2007, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=Suzie Green;1041378]Try different shoes too. The position of the heel in relation to the entire sole of your foot and your center of gravity can make a big difference. Even a 1/2 inch forward or backward feels different. All shoes are not made the same. I have several pairs of 4 inch heels and they all have their own "feel" to them. I have 2 pairs like these from MissHighHeel.com and I can walk in them all day long with no problems, they are as comfortable as my running shoes. And at $22 they are a bargain too! :cheer:

OK, I have found the site, but not those cute shoes!!! What are they called, or can you give me a link to them, please?

I jusat bought a wonderful pair of heels at Meijers for $25.00. Wonderful to walk in, even though they are a half size too small...comfortable!
http://www.geocities.com/caraallen3000/NEWSHOES.jpg

JenniferMBlack
10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
The feet aren't my problem it's my knees. That's only because they are so screwed up to start with, hurt nearly every day and then put more pressure on them with the heels OMG now that's some serious pain. Other then that I love my high heels in any height just can't wear them to often. not at all if you ask my doctor, but what does he know any way.

KarenMichelleLuv
10-29-2007, 08:12 PM
I was wondering if any of you have progressed from sheer pain (as opposed to those of you who may never have had such pain) to being able to comfortably wear these heels. And, if so, what helped you get to that point? I would be grateful to all of you who reply.

Abby, The correct sizes did it for me. The better shoes have better support architecture. I like the wedge heels as trainers for you feet.

Good Luck babe

rachellenicole
10-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Womens as well as mens shoes need a break-in period before they become comfortable. I have found that the better shoes have a much quicker break-in time. I have several pairs of fairly expensive 3-4" heels and they are the "Bomb". I tend to wear a little shorter heel or flats being that I'm 6'-2". But I still love to wear my big heels...

Rach

Audrey34
10-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Kinda late but I would love to put my 2 cents in. I wear 3" heels made by Pleaser. The heels are more of a block style instead of the more narrow stilletto. I tried wearing 4" stilletto heels and just couldn't do it. My weight and balance were completely off. But the Pleaser pumps with the block heel work just fine for me. I can walk in those for hours without pain. And I have them in a size 14 wide. That's perfect for me.
-Audrey

Sugar01
10-30-2007, 04:59 AM
GG's who almost exclusively wear pumps have told me that their feet had to become conditioned to standing in them all day.

Exactly. GG's, for the most part, have had a nice head start to getting used to heels. From their high school prom all the way through their workplace. That's alot of years of wearing heels, and most still gripe about the comfort.

As for wanting to wear 5"+ heels, train your feet with 2", then 3" and 4" to work your way up.

Cara Allen
10-30-2007, 07:45 AM
The feet aren't my problem it's my knees. That's only because they are so screwed up to start with, hurt nearly every day and then put more pressure on them with the heels OMG now that's some serious pain. Other then that I love my high heels in any height just can't wear them to often. not at all if you ask my doctor, but what does he know any way.

I used to wear heels a couple of times a week. I developed some back pain, and went to my chiropractor, and he was messing around with my back, and said something like, "Oh a lumbar 45... That's called the high heel lumbar... usually, you don't see that spot giving out in men..." I swear... Outed by my chiropractor!

gretchenD
10-30-2007, 10:53 AM
I have 13 pairs of stilletto heels and practiced walking in them first

Amanda Shaft
10-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Just one small word of warning: last night I went out into the yard in my heels took a short cut over the grass and slowly sank backwards into a flower bed as my stilettos pierced through the turf! Ended up on a bed, legs akimbo: what more can a girl ask!:heehee:
Amanda x

scherylnmke
10-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I really like the shoes at Payless, although they don't have any that are over 3" in my size(12) and even those have been really good to wear for 6-8 hours. I have a couple of pair that are 5" and can't tolerate them. I try to stay in the 2-3" range. There shoes with the stilleto type heel are comfortable.

Abby Lauren
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
I used to wear heels a couple of times a week. I developed some back pain, and went to my chiropractor, and he was messing around with my back, and said something like, "Oh a lumbar 45... That's called the high heel lumbar... usually, you don't see that spot giving out in men..." I swear... Outed by my chiropractor!

It reminds me of when I first started wearing women's shoes- in those days, women's pumps, primarily. I started to develop strange bumps in my feet and went to a podiatrist. He looked at me in a strange way and said that he normally sees those (bunions?) on women who try to get into too-tight fitting shoes- especially pumps. He suggested I buy wider shoes but with a really quizzical look on his face. Of course, at a subsequent visit when I asked him what I could do about the grooves in my big toenails, he suggested red nail polish. Methinks he knows something.
I want to thank all you gals for your helping hands (and feet). I'm temporarily wearing somewhat clunkier heels (but not too clunky) and gradually trying to wear my stilettos longer and longer.
The story evolves.

Blonde
10-31-2007, 05:15 AM
Try walking on your toes as much as possable (even in drab), that'll help "train your legs"... for me (it may sound strange), walking in heels relives my back problems, and quite often I walk on my toes when my back hurts (heels give my feet a "break" since the heel can support me).

The main problem is that "guys" tend to walk "heel-toe" and walking in heels requires a "toe-heel" kind of walk.

Poppetina
10-31-2007, 09:51 AM
About four pairs from HayWay here in the UK and they have all been comfortable.

Desiree2bababe
10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Practice and conditioning of the muscle tone caused by spikes is the only way, also it helps to be petite or of weight designed for spikes. I know I can't wear mine as long as I once could.

Melinda G
10-31-2007, 10:10 AM
I wear mid high heels around 2 1/2 inch around the house every day, especially in the morning, while I'm having breakfast and coffee. This keeps my feet in shape for heels, and it's just a little step up to 3 or 3 1/2 inch heels when I want to go out. Also, buy shoes that you can wear. And most of those 4 and 5 inch fetish heels are mostly for photos, and lounging around. You don't see many real women wandering around in 5 inch heels, and there's a reason!
Watch women at a dance or wedding. They kick their heels off under the table, when they sit down, and put them back on when they get up. Later in the evening, they will be wearing flats, or lower heels.

karren
12-13-2007, 06:52 PM
4" heels are comfy..for about 2-hours and then my calves start to kill me:rolleyes:

ashlee chiffon
12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
i've found that open toe heels work best for me also and if i stay at 3 in. or under, i have no pain...oh..my feet are wider, also...so make sure you get the right width...squishing the sides in is no way to get your feet happy!
Also, platform and other wide heels are much more comfy then stillettos, but that should be obvious why..you're putting all that weight on a small point! Most cd's don't realize heels are designed for a much more delicate frame then the majority of us have, so the higher you go...the more "ouchy" it's going to get! Let's face it dear...5 in. heels were designed for looking good while standing and sitting...not so much walking!:laughing:

Lovely Rita
12-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi Gals
I am soon to spend three glorious days as Abby at Fantasia Fair in Provincetown. Like many of you, I absolutely adore my stiletto heels as well as my other high heels. However, I have yet to be able to feel at all comfortable in them after about ten minutes on my feet. Quite the contrary. My feet scream out at me in pain. Anything above 2 inches gets my feet to writhe in agony pretty quickly.
Hugs
Abby

I have been able to go 8 hours in 4 stillettos, I am sure a Podiatrist is in the cards, but with time it has gotten easier. I guess it also helps to break the shoes in with more wear.:happy:

tamarav
12-13-2007, 07:53 PM
I have to agree with the "you get what you pay for" remark. While living in California I used to buy women's shoes from a TG friendly shoe store in San Jose. I remarked one day to a saleswoman about the pain I experienced on the ball of my feet. She brought over a pair of 5 inch thigh high boots, all leather, $160. The most I had ever spent at that point was probably $30 a pair.

She told me to put on a pair of lightweight socks and pour a little warm water into the boot and put them on until the feet felt dry. The leather stretched just right although they were somewhat tight the first couple of hours. I wore them for about 6 hours both sitting and walking.

I was so relieved to take them off that night. The next day I put them on with only pantyhose and found that they fit beautifully. My calves and every other muscle were screaming but my feet felt fine. I later fitted the boots with gel innersoles and wore them dancing for 4 hours regularly.

That was 20 years ago and I still have the same boots, although rarely worn. I am now used to high heels and can get away with cheaper shoes but the more expensive, better fitting ones allow me to last longer. Most of the cute high heels I have bought online have been Chinese made uncomfortable designs. I now wear Cuban Heels by Amigo I believe, that are like wearing slippers, regardless of the heel height. They are awesome. I bought them online and wear them daily. 4 and 5 inch heels seem to feel about the same. All I can say is to practice, practice and practice more.

Have fun!

gessella24
12-14-2007, 01:30 AM
yes.. i really like wearing heels too.. i can walk around fine with 3 1/4" and 4" I probably can for afew hours havent tried higher.

Carla Mel
12-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Something easy to do: GYM.

Stand erected on your two feet and then rise on your toes.
Go up, go down.
On your toes again
Repeat it
The first time you will probably do 20 before having pain. Then in a week you will do 100.
You can then do it in the morning and before going to sleep. Doing it 100 times take you arround 2 minutes.
By adding some muscle to your legs you will stand high heels much easily.

Carla Mel

PS Stiletto have a double dificulty not only you have to rise on your toes, but you have little help to keep equilibrium. If you want to train try first platform till you are confortable with the "form" of the feet and then train the stilettos.

Cara Allen
12-14-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm sorry I couldn't offer a solution- I'm still looking for myself!! :idontknow:

Hugz & Footrubz,

Veronica

I have found that three extra strength Tylenol works wonders! However there is the old addage that pain is a signal of a problem, and I have paid for it the next day.

There is a solution... there are comfortable high heels. I can't speak to a rule for finding them, but when you do, they quickly become your faves.

Cara Allen
12-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Quite right... I need to do this. Also, it is an EXCELLENT way to reduce your calves, if you have "bowling pin calves" like I tend to... Here is a post from

http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=0&t_ix=925

The post said...

I have naturally muscular calves(legs for that matter), only they aren't toned and cut like body builders'. I WANT slender calves, mine aren't exactly HUGE (my legs are thankfully proportional) but I'd like for them to be more slim & lean.

The response from the moderator was...

One thing can help you to tone (and "dry") the muscle so they can look smaller (you'll keep the same strength thou).
Calf raises but only with your body weight, 4 sets of 20-30, 30sec between each set and 3 times weekly.
Important is to go aaaall the way up and aaaall the way down to really stretch the muscles.

This will work BUT be prepared of VERY sore calf muscles the first week. Continue this routine for 4-6 weeks or until you see the wanted results.

I am going for it!

Something easy to do: GYM.

Go up, go down.
On your toes again
Repeat it
The first time you will probably do 20 before having pain. Then in a week you will do 100.
You can then do it in the morning and before going to sleep. Doing it 100 times take you arround 2 minutes.

Carla Mel

PS Stiletto have a double dificulty not only you have to rise on your toes, but you have little help to keep equilibrium. If you want to train try first platform till you are confortable with the "form" of the feet and then train the stilettos.

Denielleinheels
12-14-2007, 08:08 AM
I do agree on the quality issue but remember quality and price don't always go together. I order a lot from www.pierresilber.com and they have wonderful stuff. Try to determine if it is the heel or the shoe. If it is definately the heel, try platforms, you foot will only feel about a 2-3 heel even tho' you are now 6-7 inches taller. Also, try to buy leather not man made plastics or fake leather.

Colleentg
12-15-2007, 11:23 AM
For me it was more of a 'plan' in my early days, to get used to them and wear them more often than not. 20+ yrs later, I'm still enjoying 4-5" heels for hours. A couple months ago, I spent nearly 12 hours in the same pair! But I only took them off to go to bed! The only time I have trouble with shoes is new ones, breaking them in.

Abby Lauren
12-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Go up, go down.
On your toes again
Repeat it

Thanks for the advice, Carla. It definitely seems like a good plan.
One GG I recently spoke to told me that the women who get along best with high heels have a very natural arch to begin with.

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I have quite a lot of shoes from PayLess and have never had any problems with them. I walk for hours on my shopping excursions in various malls and have had very little discomfort. I mostly wear open toed sandals with 3 to 3and1/2 heels and they fit properly so I think I am one of the lucky ones. I like open toe because I paint my toe nails always and just love to show them off. What a nut I am, my wife says!

Candy Heels
12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
I may be wrong......Usually am:)

I live FT as a woman and I love high heeled shoes. I actually do not wear flats. I think part of the comfort issue is that most high heels made for tgirls are poor quality. I think the other part might be that its easier to get comfortable in high heels if you are not wearing them on sort of a "part-time" basis. I would not recommend the pumps I wear to friends who only get to dress once per week.

Abby Lauren
12-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Sandra said-I like open toe because I paint my toe nails always and just love to show them off. What a nut I am, my wife says!

If that's the case, Sandra, I am every bit of a nut as you are. I love wearing peep-toe high heels just to show off my painted toenails.

ashlee chiffon
12-17-2007, 04:44 PM
i always feel more girly when my painted toes are showing...and also prettier and more groomed..and wish i could show them off to others...but enjoy them in private for a couple of weeks after a pedi and paint then back to the more socially acceptable clear coat, which is my main polish.

SarahHall
01-15-2008, 12:21 PM
I have several pairs of pumps with 3 1/2" heels and can wear them as long as I want to. No discomfort at all.:love:

samtv
01-15-2008, 01:30 PM
hi all thought this link might help
http://www.legworkdvd.com/the_secret.html

just a quote from the link
Increase
•Sexiness, Grace and Confidence in Heels
•Leg Tone and Strength
•Heel Wearing Endurance and Stamina
•Core Strength and Control

Decrease
•Pain in Feet, Ankles, Legs and Lower Back
•Risk of Injury to Ankles, Bones and Back
•Daily Heel Wearing Discomfort

Learn
•Proper Heel Walking and Control
•Perfect Posture, Pose and Poise
•Every Day Exercises and Relief Techniques

franny
01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
i love my stilettos. lookin sexy i am.. have the correct
size helps..

bEEb
01-15-2008, 05:58 PM
When you wear a women's size 13... sometimes 14
You buy what you can find.:(
Nine West :thumbsup:are lovely indeed..... but Liiliputian.

Stormgirl
01-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Be careful, I recently twisted my ankle wearing a 6" stilletto shoe over the weekend. I have been walking in them for years and had much practice. One slip and you're done. Now I have to explain to my CO how I twisted it.

"Oh I was a bit drunk and was strutting aroudn the house in my platform shoes and took a rather nasty tumble Sir."

Yeah that will go well.

Abby Lauren
01-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi Samtv
The link is an add for a DVD for "Legwork". Have you ever tried this DVD? It sounds like just what the "doctor" ordered.
Please let me know if it is all that it seems to be in the add.
Thanks
Abby

samtv
01-16-2008, 05:22 AM
hello abby
no i havent got the dvd but i did get a scripted tutorial from the dvd
and i have to say it was only a basic lesson but it realy helped me.
i can go all day in 4" heels (shoes,boots) with no pain or probs .
it helped the wife also as not all women are used to heels and my wife couldnt for the life of her wear a pair of boots i got her for more than an hour .
only prob is i carnt for the life of me think where the hell i found the scripted lesson,was one of those days head deep in the net and just poped out at me ...
but am gona go buy it befor the pound slows against the dollar :) its only about £10 gor us .....

Abby Lauren
01-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks, dear. Now, I may go and buy it. I sure can use the help.
Abby

Melissa Cross
01-17-2008, 08:23 AM
When it comes to wearing high heels, I have found the best thing is to practice, practice, pratice. Often when I'm at home, I'll put on a pair of knee highs and a pair of high heels for practice/exercise in heels. It has helped a lot over the years. The other thing I've found is how important the fit and quality of the shoes are. I can walk in a quality pair of 4 inch heels much longer than I can in a cheap pair of 3 inch heels that don't fit perfectly.

Melissa

krisla
01-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Abby

My experience has been shoe specific i have Target 4" heel with open toes that are fine and 3" Nine West sling backs that become iron madens after an hour. But I love them all and if they get real bad I sit a while.

Kris

KimB
01-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Here is a link that should help it has a lot of info on it
http://internetdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm
Kim

Kimmie
01-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm wondering. Has anybody had any luck comfortwise with Easy Spirit shoes. They clain that a pump feels like a sneaker.

Abby Lauren
01-21-2008, 12:30 AM
WOW, Kim, what an amazing site!!! Thank you so much!!!

voyagernails
03-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I have a variety of shoes from the usual places (Fredericks, Sexy Shoes.Com) but the easiest and most comfortable pair are from Fanfares, 3" Classic Pump in red. I can wear or drive in these all day long without any problem. Over that, I too suffer the same ball of the foot problems. Howver, Gel inserts have made my 5" Fredericks tolerable for up to a couple of hours.