PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fever

windycissy
03-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Yea! It got up to 70 degrees yesterday in Chicago (that's 21 degrees for you Brits and Ozzies) and I spend the whole afternoon shopping as Windy Cissy. Listen to this: one of my last stops was the Women's World (high class department codeword for Plus Sizes) at Lord & Taylor on Michigan Avenue. I was looking at a dress when a matronly sales lady came up to me and asked if I was shopping for someone else or myself. I froze at first, then peeped out "For me." "Oh, these dresses will be much to big for you, dear!" she said. "Try the misses department on 4, or if you want something dressier, the career department on 3." I was on Cloud 9! And if you look at the picture I just took of myself in the skirt I bought, you gotta admit that all those crunches and jogging have really paid off:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd11b3127cce90a9a7f75f4c00000016108IatWLlw0aW

Richelle
03-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Windy,

You got to love sping time and the great new outfits that come with it.

Richelle

Sharon
03-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Well done Windy! Indeed, your plus-sized days are long gone. You look great!

Sandra H
03-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Hi Windy.

Well I was envious when I read that it was 70f or 21c yesterday with you, here in the UK it got no more that 12c in my area. But then I saw your skirt and well what can I say you look GREAT I love the skirt.

But there is only so much a girl can take at any one-time 70f and a lovely skirt. But that’s not all you are so slim and look lovely and so pretty.

Well that’s just too much so I am going…..no don’t try to stop me, it’s too late. Any two would be enough, but all together well I am stuck for words.

wilma
03-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Got to love the spring time. All those skirts, sheer tops, new shoes........A girl can go on forever. Love the skirt, I'm jealous. LOL Wilma

windycissy
03-31-2005, 06:47 PM
I knew it was too good to last - the weather took a nosedive, and here I am wearing a scratchy wool suit, back at the salt mines. Usually I console myself on days like this with a deep dish pizza and many beers, there goes the waistline!

Richelle
03-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Sorry. It is real nice here in the OC :p

Richelle

I knew it was too good to last - the weather took a nosedive, and here I am wearing a scratchy wool suit, back at the salt mines. Usually I console myself on days like this with a deep dish pizza and many beers, there goes the waistline!

windycissy
03-31-2005, 09:44 PM
Sorry. It is real nice here in the OC :p

Richelle

Richelle,

Every time I visit The OC, I wish I lived there. Chicago is great, but the winters here really suck, and that goes for most of spring too. Wish we all could be California girls! Maybe one of these days I'll make the move - though I guess I would have to change my name from Windy Cissy to Orange Cissy. Or just OC for short. Windy