PDA

View Full Version : A really annoying sunday! *&$$*&*!

Anthony Jake
10-14-2007, 12:06 PM
So today i went to work as usual - on time (as i always have been) starting at 7am.. I did all my work as i normally do and then my manager said she wanted to see me.. she said that my work was fine but apparently some of the other staff feel that i dont quite fit in with them.. so she would have to let me go, i could obviously work some notice - she gave me till the 5th November (least thats what she said today, but she might change it) Now, my work has always been fine, i get along well with all the residents ( incase you dont know, i work at an old peoples home, making beds, running baths, making teas and coffees and helping them get dressed..just simple stuff really) I have never been late and i am always nice and happy and do as im told when im told.. I dont mean to sound funny, but there's no problems with my work.. Now she has purely said that they dont want to employ me any longer because i dont 'fit in' with the other staff (the majority of which are at least 35, married and have kids or are divorced) I have only worked there about 2 1/2 months, i purely needed a job to tide me over till January when i start at college working with racehorses. It just Pis*es me off that they wont keep me on till december because im not little miss popularity, y'know. I must also point out where i work doesnt employ a single man as they dont have (and of all excuses) a separate toilet for them to use.. My work dont know that i am attracted to women or that i am transgendered, they just think im an average girl.. Sorry for the rant but it just annoys me. For some reason, no matter where i work people like to fire me.. and i never do my work badly, i always turn up and i am always nice to other people.. thats also whats stupid, how they can say to me that they dont like me when they havent even made the effort to get to know me.. i dont even spend any time with the other members of staff as im always doing my work. I feel cheated, i always do extra shifts for them when they need me to, some days i work 7am till 9pm andi have never complained. Its unfair. :mad: I never knew to keep a job you have to be best buddies with the rest of the staff! I always thought it was reliability and quality of staff that mattered!
Well at least i have been able to rant on here :)

Shelly Preston
10-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi there

This sounds so unfair on you. They dont seem to value people turing up on time and doing what there employed to do nowadays It such a terrible thing to happen without warning
On the bright side Good Luck with the college course and I hope you eventually get a job you really enjoy :hugs:

Syr_SwitchyGQ
10-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Aww... I'm sorry Seth! That really does suck... and is unfair... can they just randomly fire people they don't like over there? 'Cuz I'm pretty sure that you can't fire someone in the States just because you don't like them... I think you could actually take legal action, but I'm not sure how that works in England. On the other hand, if you're just SOL, then maybe (if it wouldn't get you into too much trouble) you could out yourself and REALLY give them a reason for your "not fitting in..." :D

Xaff
10-14-2007, 12:52 PM
People are so mean somethimes! :sad: I hope you can find a way out with that job of yours. Maybe things get better when you have finished college, I hope so! But to fire you becose they 'don't like you' is realy unfair. I hope your college gets better. Good luck with that! :happy:

Tristan
10-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Sorry, dude, that sucks so bad there aren't words for it. :(

ZenFrost
10-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Why do people have to be such jerks? I'm sorry you got fired for no reason. I just hope that it'll work out better in the end because of this.

Cai
10-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Aww... I'm sorry Seth! That really does suck... and is unfair... can they just randomly fire people they don't like over there? 'Cuz I'm pretty sure that you can't fire someone in the States just because you don't like them... I think you could actually take legal action, but I'm not sure how that works in England. On the other hand, if you're just SOL, then maybe (if it wouldn't get you into too much trouble) you could out yourself and REALLY give them a reason for your "not fitting in..." :D

Yeah they can just fire you here too. It depends on if you're in a "right to work" state or not, but a lot of states don't require any reasons at all.

Which sucks. :mad:

I hope you can find something else to tide you over.

bi_weird
10-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Dude that sucks a lot. *hug*

mylitta
10-16-2007, 04:25 AM

Unfortunately they can: within the first year you can fire an employee without giving any reason at all if you want. After that things get a lot more difficult.

However, I am sorry it has happened to you- it's difficult enough to get good staff working in these places. Hope you manage to find something else to tide you over, and at least you have something good to look forward to in the new year.