PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like to share shopping stories?

jade
06-14-2004, 10:28 PM
My favorite place to shop would have to be a large charity pre-loved clothes shop. I usually go in once a month to “look” at the 2nd hand books… which just happen to be at the back of the store, through the ladies clothes and shoe section. I like this place as it is not expensive and has a great range of clothes.
As I was slowly walking through the after-5 section, I saw this fantastic purple dress and what’s more it was in my size. I went on to the book section thinking, its now or never. Looking around with my heart in my month, and almost dizzy with the adrenaline rush I went back to the dress and took it off the rack. No-one around so I went straight to the cashier. There was some one being served, so I stood in line, not believing what I was doing. Time slowed, and each second seemed like 10 minutes. Finally my turn.
I put the dress on the counter, the $5 note ready. The sales lady looked at me and smiled thoughtfully. I had the excuse ready on my tongue… “It’s for a fancy dress party”, but I did not need it.
Instead of putting me down, she said something reassuring like,” what a lovely colour”.
In a daze I answered “it really is”. She then held it up to fold it and looked at me saying. "It’s looks like it should fit without any problems. You have picked well. Now don’t worry I put it in a big bag so no-one will know". It’s funny but instead of being worried, she made me feel really good. I gave her the money said thanks and left the shop. I’ve been back a couple of times, and bought some dresses but have not seen her since.

Any one got stories to share?

Cher
06-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Dear Jade:
Here's an outing I made last week...Unfortunately I couldn't find it in the current threads, so I checked my previous posts...just thought you might find it interesting:

Hi Ladies:
So I was needing a new pair of pantihose and there's a shop near me that I've been in before and has my size...so I had on my 38B bra and breast forms and black lace panties...over this I had a light sweater and my lady's Levi's cut off...I had on make up (sans eyeliner and lashes) and pearl nail polish and my rings...walked into the shop and headed right for the pantihose, got my size and decided to look around...was a bit nervous at first, but that soon wore off...there were maybe, ten other customers, but not a one of them took any special notice, even though I stood in front of a full length mirror and held several garments in front of me to try to visualize how they might look...I selected a pretty light pink top and headed for the cashier's counter...there was no one else at the counter and the three GG's behind it were engaged in conversation...I stood there for a few moments, then one of the girls noticed me and said, "I can help you here, maam"!!!...WOW (sorry for shouting), that was way cool...Becky scanned my purchases and asked me if I had a frequent customer card, I answered, "No", so she proceeded to explain how it worked...she even remarked on my nails, (also way cool)...my feet barely touched the ground as I walked out of the shop...I strolled around the shops for a bit then headed home...no one paid me the least notice...luv - R
ps - the top fits perfectly

Allison Vamp
06-15-2004, 07:08 PM
i had a total sitcom moment, i went into the drugstore and nervously grabbed a red lipstick and a black liquid liner. i brought them up to the counter and put them down thinking ok, just gotta pay and leave. the girl behind the counter, just being helpful pointed out that the liner i picked had been opened and was probably a sample, she got another employee to go back and get me a new one while i stood in front of about4 or 5 people waiting. why did it have to be so hard. i know for some people that wouldn't be a big deal, but for me it is. the cool thing was when i shopped at la senza and bought matching bra and panties, they always asked if it was a gift, i finally started saying "no".

Cher
06-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Allison:
Good for you!!!...luv - R

elia
06-16-2004, 01:30 PM
well i am very new at this and woul like to ask somebody if they know of a place in san diego where i can do some shoping

Sophia
06-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Jade,
Probably one of the best for me (I am a married closet CD) was few new years back. We got invited to a fancy dress party and our 'dress' was drawn from a hat so random luck! I got 'tarty female'. Lucky me ! My wife got resigned to the idea- but I needed an outfit and of course I wanted to dress
properly. So.... we had to go on a shopping trip.

First shops we visited were charity shops- we found a leather mini-skirt in the first shop and yes I was made to try it on in the shop. Next was to
buy a bra. We found one on a market stall (this was a lo budget trip), so I
had to try this on in an open market, the same market yeiled stockings (stayups) and a wig.

A trip to New Look found me a leopard print top and the final trip into
Evans found a pair of size 9 strappy shoes. By this time I had lost all my
inhibitions and just sat down and tried the shoes on then told a passing assistant I would like to buy these- she came back and said I could return them if the did not suit the person I was buying for- you should have seen her face when I told them they were for me !

I got dressed up/ made up that night - boobs were ballons filled with water.
I felt good and ready to party- best new years party i've ever been to.

Sadly now back in the closet when it comes to dressing- my partner knows
I enjoyed every minute and knows I have girlie tendancies- but that shopping trip and the party were a 'one of' in her mind.

Love

Sophie :)