PDA

View Full Version : Coming out at your reunion

docrobbysherry
10-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Just returned from my highschool reunion. Some random CD thoughts occured to me:
1. What if I showed up dressed?
2. What if I discussed my CDing with a trusted old friend, ( male or female), I won't see again for years?
3. Should I wear some ladies gear under my drab clothes, just for the heck of it?
4. Or, what if another classmate showed up dressed? What would I do?

Has any of these things happened to anyone out there? Have any of u BRAVE girls gone to a reunion dressed? Many of my classmates r grandparents. So, if u came out at your 10th reunion, it would be a bit different from doing that at mine. Still like to hear your experiences!

I didn't do any of the above, by the way. Way too chicken!
RS

trannie T
10-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I have seen very few of my class since graduation. I've checked out their web page, most of the people I'd like to see again are either missing or dead. My old school is 650 miles away and I do not get up there very often. Seeing people who I no longer know in an area where I haven't lived for 35 years should be an easy time to go out dressed. Nope. I'm still scared of my classmates and can not even consider going to a reunion en femme. 40 years after graduation and I'm still a coward.

Sally24
10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Just started organizing my 35th reunion. There was one girl who came out as lesbian at the last reunion and brought her SO there. There was some talk but most people were very nice. I have thought about letting her know that she wasn't alone in growing up different in a small town. Don't know if I will but it's something to think about for this next year.

If I was full time or had transitioned I would think about attending that way. It would take guts though. I've read one of two accounts online of TS girls that attended their reunions. Things went well mostly for them which is encouraging.

Joy Carter
10-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah would that not be a hoot to pull off. If I were to do it I wouldn't even I.D. myself. Just leave em guessing. :heehee:

BTW if you care. look up "Holiday Inn Class Reunion", on You Tube.
A bonafide TS shows up and says hi to ex class mate Tom. :heehee:

vivianann
10-14-2007, 07:15 PM
my 30 class reunion is getting close, never thought about it, now you got me thinking, should I go as Vivian, or as my male self?. Well only time will tell I have about 20 months to make a decision on how I will attend my 30 HS reunion.

Eileen
10-15-2007, 12:03 AM
My class reunion is this month and Eileen will be going to the reunion. This will be the first time I have been to a reunion. Since graduation, I have only seen and had contact with one classmate.

Eileen

vivianann
10-15-2007, 11:18 AM
My class reunion is this month and Eileen will be going to the reunion. This will be the first time I have been to a reunion. Since graduation, I have only seen and had contact with one classmate.

Eileen

I hope you have a good time and everybody treats you well, does the one classmate know you are going as Eileen? anyway I would like to know, because I might go as Vivian to my 30yr reunion.

Sheri 4242
10-15-2007, 11:44 AM
When my class held its 35th reunion, it was an awesome event! The organizing committee put up what has to be the best website any class could have -- and the group that tracked down classmates did an incredible job finding people near and far. It was an extremely well-attended event!

Like Trannie, I had seen only a mere couple of those I graduated with in the 35 years since graduation; I live four away and hardly ever go back. Additionally, I was one of those who hated high school, but "came of age," and excelled, in college!

Just returned from my highschool reunion. Some random CD thoughts occured to me:
2. What if I discussed my CDing with a trusted old friend, ( male or female), I won't see again for years?
3. Should I wear some ladies gear under my drab clothes, just for the heck of it?

So'oooo . . . as to my reunion,

1. I didn't show up dressed . . . BUT

3. Actually, just like much of the time in high school, I was underdressed!!!

2. In re-newing an old friendship with one classmate, I did, for reasons that still escape me (b/c this was so totally out of character for me), "lead her" to "guess" that I am a crossdresser. She was curious and interested -- and amazingly accepting. It was one of those things that was totally unplanned.

4. I, personally, would have been welcoming and accepting if another classmate had showed up dressed, as I was when several classmates more-or-less "came out" that they were gay oe lesbian.

Karren H
10-15-2007, 12:08 PM
I'd dress as the guy they knew.... Why change peoples memories of you and since I don't see these people but every 10 years who the F.... cares.... lol

Kate Simmons
10-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Hmm-- The class prophecy said I'd be in jail by now. They were being sarcastic because I used to be quiet and shy. They did not know Salandra however. If they did, they would probably have had to do a re-write (if they could get a word in edgewise that is).:heehee:

Ðarissa
10-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Never went to a class reunion and never got invited to one. Guess nobody gives a crap in these parts or they just hate me. LOL

Eileen
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
No Vivianann my friend does not know Eileen or that she will be coming to the reunion. I will call her the night before and let her know. Since this is more than my 30th reunion, I thought I should go while I am still young!

Eileen

wannabie
10-15-2007, 11:37 PM
I've thought about my High school reunion. When or if it happens I was thinking about hiring an attractive woman actor to play me and tell everyone I had a sex change.

It will take some coaching but It can be done.

Imagine it; the woman I hired going to my ex girlfriend and telling her I'm a woman now because of her. bet she'll freak. :dom:

vivianann
10-16-2007, 12:03 AM
I've thought about my High school reunion. When or if it happens I was thinking about hiring an attractive woman actor to play me and tell everyone I had a sex change.

Imagine it; the woman I hired going to my ex girlfriend and telling her I'm a woman now because of her. bet she'll freak. :dom:

That would be a fun pranke to pull off. I love doing prankes. :D

docrobbysherry
10-16-2007, 12:35 AM

Omigod! Wannabie! That is one of the best ideas I've ever heard! You could go with her and be introduced as her( your own) husband! That way, you could tell her who was who. You'd need a good makeup job on yourself to make it work. What a story line for a reality show or movie! WOW!
RS

gerdani8
10-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Hi there!

Gerri here, from Indiana. I have been to my 35th (in 1999) and the 40th (in 2004) as myself! It was QUITE the experience and I am glad I did it.

At the 35th, I had a friend with me, for support. I answered MANY questions from many people. I got to talk to people I NEVER got to talk to in high school (different cliques, you know).

For the 40th, I went alone. Had just as good a time. Actually got to talk to one of the girls of my HS dreams. She even hugged me three times! I was walking on air after that.

One of my classmate's hubby asked to dance with him -- twice! Well...naturally I said yes! In fact earlier, she was on her way to the restroom and told me to go ask her hubby to dance! How cool is that!

If I make it to 2009, I will definitely be going to the 45th reunion. Hmmm... Gotta find a new outfit!

Questions? Be glad to answer them.

Gerri

Danielle2
10-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Doc, I just returned from my high school reunion also. I had some of the same thoughts as you did but did not have enough nerve to act on any of them. It would be amazing if we went to the same reunion. If so, I certainly hope we talked. By the way, my reunion was in New Mexico.

MJ
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM

Has any of these things happened to anyone out there? Have any of u BRAVE girls gone to a reunion dressed? Many of my classmates r grandparents. So, if u came out at your 10th reunion, it would be a bit different from doing that at mine. Still like to hear your experiences!

I didn't do any of the above, by the way. Way too chicken!
RS

you know you would kick youeself for not showing up en femme

Yeah would that not be a hoot to pull off. If I were to do it I wouldn't even I.D. myself. Just leave em guessing. :heehee:

BTW if you care. look up "Holiday Inn Class Reunion", on You Tube.
A bonafide TS shows up and says hi to ex class mate Tom. :heehee:

Bob....... Bob Johnson ?
way too funny i wonder what my class will think of me :p

the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FhjgxjAJxU

SarahLynn
10-16-2007, 02:21 PM
I went to my 10th, and not one since, as me (male mode). I didn't dress (even underdress) then but would have if i did. What the hey, i'm only young once and when i'm old and grey who's going to know me. Truth be known, everybody cuz my looks haven't changed that much. Right now i'm 3,000 miles away and haven't a clue when the reunion will be. It's next year too. 40th and i' don't know if we're even going to have one.

SarahLynn

Eileen
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes Eileen made it to my reunion. I had to have them make me a name tag as there was not one already made for Eileen. I told the woman making the tags William was not coming and we could put my tag in his plastic holder. She asked if he was dead and I answered no, he just does not go out any more. The evening was great and the next morning I switched name tags. Those I talked with were very gracious with their comments. It was a positive experience and only further confirms I have choosen the right path in my life!

Eileen

pamela_a
10-24-2007, 02:49 PM
What an interesting thought. This would be especially fun for me since I graduated from a small, parochial school (there were 28 in the graduating class) and most of my classmates are ministers, missionaries, or doing some form of church work.

I wonder just how that would go....?

-Paula-

Patti Girl
10-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Gerri here, from Indiana. I have been to my 35th (in 1999) and the 40th (in 2004) as myself! It was QUITE the experience and I am glad I did it.

Wow! Since the original poster was from Orange County, my reaction was "well, it could happen there, but not in the midwest". Well Geri, you blew that theory away! LOL. Congratulations!

I haven't been back to any reunions although there have been many of them. There was only a few guys I'd care to see and they probably wouldn't be there anyway. As for going en femme, that would really make me a standout...it was an all boys high school!

Patti

Scotty
10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
25 year coming up for me next year but ther'es NO way I would do that!!!

Of course if I showed you my HS picture you would think I was a girl, everyone did...I showed it to a friend recently and first thing she says is "We could have been sisters".....

But nah, I just can't do it....Public I am working on, but not reunion. Too scared :)

occdresser
10-24-2007, 06:18 PM
I think about that quite often, would like to-a reason to get dressed, but I wouldnt have the courage to do it.