PDA

View Full Version : Two interesting things happened today.

Phyliss
10-14-2007, 07:36 PM
The Fashion Bug here in town moved out of the strip mall it has been in for the last 10 yrs and moved to a new mall that has been recently built. The store reopened yesterday. Naturally you know I had to go "check it out" . It seems a bit smaller than the other, but the location is much nicer.
Now, I happens that my grandson had a soccer game today and I stopped in to the F.B. before we left for the game. Didn't get anything to speak of except for two pair of gym pants. Anyhow, when I got home, wife says to me, "Where did you go?"
I says, "Had to go check out the new Fashion Bug. Wanted to see what it looked like." Her comment, "Oh Ok." and nothing more was said.
Take it as some kind of acceptance on her part, or just plain giving up.

Second thing that happened.
At the soccer game while watching us loose (again) I was talking with some of the moms, (Cold today and wife sat in car to watch). One of the Mothers works at the local Home Depot. The new mall I mentioned has a Lowes opening in it. I commented that I drove through the area to look. She asked me what I thought. Noted that it seemed ok and mentioned that the new Fashion Bug was opened. In a very matter of fact way she asked me if I stopped in to look at it. Caught me a bit off guard for a second but I said that I thought it was a bit smaller than the other. Went on to mention that right next to it was a store named Maurice, which also sells clothes, but for the younger and more trendy crowd. But that the sizes would fit her. She's about a 10 at most.
From the way she asked me if I had stopped into the F.B. I almost would think that she's "guessed correctly". But I'm not going to come out and spill the beans. If that was a "test" question then I guess I passed. Somehow I have a feeling that if she "knew" it wouldn't bother her too much, but like I said, I'm not gonna confirm any suspicions.

Staci
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM
That is interesting how she would ask if you went into the FB. Then again, we have some friends that like to go into new stores just to see them. Once they asked if we wanted to go to see a new grocery store that just opened. We passed on that one. Now had it been a new shoe store, dress/gown store, or fashion bug we would have been on our way.

Tasha T
10-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm impressed that you had two interesting things happen to you today. I only had one. I put a nice size gash in my finger slicing carrots.

Angie G
10-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Phyliss maybe she is looking for a shopping buddy
Angie

Phyliss
10-15-2007, 03:26 AM
I'm impressed that you had two interesting things happen to you today. I only had one. I put a nice size gash in my finger slicing carrots.

OW OW OW "red" carrots are NOT a good thing.

Phyliss maybe she is looking for a shopping buddy
Angie

That would be wonderful, but methinks a bit too close to home.
"Where are you going, honey?"
"Oh, I'm off to do some girly clothes shopping with R**** "
That just might "fly" like a lead brick.

Rosaliy Lynne
10-15-2007, 11:52 AM

I may be wrong here but isn't it the idea to slice the carrots?

Hope it heals ok.

Tasha T
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
I may be wrong here but isn't it the idea to slice the carrots?

Hope it heals ok.

Yes, that would be the ideal...to slice the carrots! However I was in a hurry to finish and have been sick with the flu, so I guess I mistook my finger for the last carrot. The day before I burned 3 of my fingers with boiling water that splashed over me as I attempted to use my new tea kettle. I don't know what will be left of me when this is over, but hopefully I will still have all my limbs in tact.

Thanks for your concern.

Jodi
10-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Yes, that would be the ideal...to slice the carrots! However I was in a hurry to finish and have been sick with the flu, so I guess I mistook my finger for the last carrot. The day before I burned 3 of my fingers with boiling water that splashed over me as I attempted to use my new tea kettle. I don't know what will be left of me when this is over, but hopefully I will still have all my limbs in tact.

Thanks for your concern.

Trisha, The first and foremost rule of safety is--NEVER take your eyes off a moving blade.

Jodi