PDA

View Full Version : wasnt worried about getting caught until i did...

Corinna E
10-14-2007, 08:52 PM
i wanna start by saying i shave my legs regularly....or at least i did. I never really cared or gave a second thought at all to what anyone thought about it. my girlfriend is also extremely supportive and encouraging so to me it really wasnt an issue. i had to shave them. Then one day im sitting on the couch with my family around and my little brother had like 5 friends over and my mom blurts out, "hey how come you shaved your legs?? was ashley pulling your leg hair?" so i did the only thing i could think of. i said yup...not she cant get to it. It hasnt been brought up since but now im kinda nervous to shave again. I had an excuse the first time around but when she outs me again what am i to say? ill have to go back on the first excuse and come up with a more permanent one. was thinking of just telling her i like it better that way, do you think that would be too weird?

Melissa Davis
10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
This is just me but, I am starting to care less and less of what ppl think. When I get back into boy mode after dressing up, I take off all the makeup I can and I usually wear strickly guy stuff. Beyond that, if someone sees my leftover mascarra or any makeup I might have missed, or even my shaved legs I don't care.

One thing I have learned is that if you don't make it a big deal then other ppl won't either. If someone were to ask if I had makeup on or eyeliner whatever.. I'd say YUP. If they wanted to know more, I'd just smile and say "Let's just say it was a wild night last night" and then laugh it off. Then I probably wouldn't give any more details, just let it be mystery.

If I were you, I'd just smile and say "I just like the way it feels... it's my guilty pleasure." You don't have to come out just because you shave your legs. A lot of guys shave and no one cares. :2c:

Chiana
10-14-2007, 09:45 PM
That excuse might work again. With the added line that "Ashley must like it this way because when I started to let it grow out again, she started pulling my leg hairs again. When I told her if she didn't quit, I would shave my legs again. She kept pulling them so you know what I did."

JennaDesire
10-14-2007, 09:58 PM
I never really thought about getting caught until my wife gave me an ultimatum to stop or get out. At this moment I do not want to lose her but stopping may be out of the question.

Sally2005
10-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Just say that the first time was for the reason you gave and after that it was itchy when growing back and you liked the way they felt shaved so you continued doing them. She should understand. Leave it to mothers to be so kind to ask you something personal in front of everyone.

Blonde
10-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Or you could take up competative swimming, they shave thier legs

krisinpink
10-14-2007, 11:08 PM
I was sitting in my living room when one of the teenage daughters' boyfriends wandered through; I learned a day or two later that he was at least 'spooked' if not out right 'freaked out' about my painted toenails. My opinion is that I like it, it harms nothing and no one, so those folks will simply have to deal with as best they can.

I love the look and feel of my shaved legs, I say lets keep it this way!

For you my dear, *you* get to choose; do what is best for yourself, and your SO; this world is big enough for all of us.

love,

Krisinpink

Corinna E
10-14-2007, 11:28 PM
thanks so much!! love all the great ideas and feedback

Edwina
10-14-2007, 11:34 PM
The other evening shortly after my SO came home from work, she came into the kitchen and said you haven't used one of these for years (holding up a disposable razor) what do you need it for and why is it pink? :eek:
I shrugged and answered only the second part "because they are cheaper and I think they work better"
Nothing more was said.

Edwina

Joy Carter
10-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Your never going to get any where, if you keep worring about what others think or say. :2c:

rustynail
10-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Or if you have a little circulation problem in your legs, they stop growing hair anyway, as mine did a few years ago at least from the calf down. I have been looked at a bit sideways by one or 2 and a female friend made comments and then did not believe my explanation anyway! The main reason i might want to shave the top of my legs would be to wear hold-ups without suspenders - they always slide down otherwise - haven't done it yet but seems like another little pleasure!

Ashleigh
10-15-2007, 07:52 AM
My excuse is actually true. When I was in high school and college a group of us were competitive body builders. When we did shows/competitions, we shaved, pretty much everywhere. Ever since I have hated the look of hair all over. It was a good excuse through high school where after P.E. you all had to shower and many of the juniors and seniors looked like they had horse blankets on them and I was shaven clean. But very few ever gave me a hard time about it.
Ashleigh :doll:

tricia_uktv
10-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Because I prefer to have my legs shaved, is the only true answer

Brianna Lovely
10-15-2007, 08:11 AM
THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH A MAN SHAVING HIS BODY!

And if your mother asks you again, ask her, "Why would you ask a question like that".

Your response should always be, the truth, "I shave because I want to!"

If you choose to go into more detail, that's up to you.

Chari
10-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Are you of legal age? Don't know of any law stating you cannot shave your legs. They're your legs, it's your body! Do what you enjoy!
Chari

carrilee
10-15-2007, 08:15 AM
hey its your hair shave it if you want.

carrilee

Angie G
10-15-2007, 10:18 AM
I keep my legs shaved all the time one of my granddaughters friend asked Do you save your legs gandpa I just told her sometimes and that was that :hugs:
Angie

Ðarissa
10-15-2007, 10:58 AM
It can be annoying when people just blurt stuff out like that and it takes you off guard.

For the past few days I've been shaving my arms for the first time ever. I thinned out the hair a bit each day and this morning I said to hell with this and shaved it all off. Nobody noticed yet and if they do I'll just say I felt like it. My arms weren't really hairy, just enough to be annoying. Nobody said boo when I shaved off my mustache last week. hehe. :heehee:

Valerie
10-15-2007, 11:33 AM
as many of us know, nobody cares, or notices, or says anything, because they are polite or know it's none of their business. Since I have never been asked, I don't know what answer to suggest... but if someone asked me, I would just say that I like it this way and that should be that.

Valerie

Lilith Moon
10-15-2007, 11:44 AM
What about:

"When I shaved my legs I liked it and so I'm going to keep them shaved, OK ?"

:hugs:

Rosaliy Lynne
10-15-2007, 11:47 AM
It can be annoying when people just blurt stuff out like that and it takes you off guard.

For the past few days I've been shaving my arms for the first time ever. I thinned out the hair a bit each day and this morning I said to hell with this and shaved it all off. Nobody noticed yet and if they do I'll just say I felt like it. My arms weren't really hairy, just enough to be annoying. Nobody said boo when I shaved off my mustache last week. hehe. :heehee:

The truth: I like the feel of it. I shave my entire body EXCEPT for my arms. I did find something that works well for arms and hands and I use it on my forearms and hands. It is Lavendar SPA WAX Hair Removal Kit from Sally Hansen. I got my kit at CVS I think. You heat the wax in the microwave and it really works well. The lavendar old helps remove the residual wax you may have left behind and also helps smooth and moisturize your skin afterwards. The effect is less hair for up to 7 weeks or so vs shaving.

as many of us know, nobody cares, or notices, or says anything, because they are polite or know it's none of their business. Since I have never been asked, I don't know what answer to suggest... but if someone asked me, I would just say that I like it this way and that should be that.

Valerie

hear hear !!!!

Ðarissa
10-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah Rosaliy Lynne I gotta get me some of that stuff. Never tried it before and I have a big shopping list now. :heehee:

Sheri 4242
10-15-2007, 12:35 PM
This is just me but, I am starting to care less and less of what ppl think.

Me, too!!! You reach a certain point in life where you can either keep the status quo, or you can reach for new levels of personal freedom and expression. For way too many years I was deep in the closet, living a life of fear and guilt -- so much so that I probably wouldn't even have participated in a forum like this, much less show my face in an avatar photo. But, that's not living -- it is merely existing!!! That's not acknowledging and accepting yourself -- to yourself, first and foremost!!! Perhaps the levels may need to be "personally adjusted" to account for that which is important outside of your own individual sphere -- which is part of being a spouse, parent, friend -- but I am a better person, spouse, parent, friend when my true personna has found new levels of freedom to be who and what I am!!!!!!

When I get back into boy mode after dressing up, I take off all the makeup I can and I usually wear strickly guy stuff. Beyond that, if someone sees my leftover mascarra or any makeup I might have missed, or even my shaved legs I don't care.

I relate to this!!! It often depends on where I am -- the company, setting, etc. -- but I have done the same about makeup. Heck, when I travel -- and even at home at times -- I'll wear, for example, a touch of eyeshadow (or leave a bit of eyeliner, or put on a muted lipstick) even though I may be going out d.r.a.b. I am certain a touch of glitter gets noticed from time to time, but nobody has ever said a word -- save my wife who gets a kick out of it!!! (((Her: "I married one crazy person." Me: "Would you have it any other way?" Her: "Nope! Would never want it any other way.")))

The bottom line: most people don't even notice -- or if they do, don't say a thing!!! My legs are shaved and nobody has ever said a word!!!

AS AN ASIDE: it amazes me how a few gg's get really upset about the CDer shaving 00 yet these same gg's (not all, but I'd say more than half) "drool" over the chipendale's!!! (Or body builders, or swimmers, or football players, or divers, or tennis players -- etc., etc., etc. -- who regularly shave!!!)

One thing I have learned is that life should be about balance. I shave my legs and arm pits 365. I shave my arms and chest during warm/hot weather (and for special events when my clothing dictates). This said, I have a small patch of hair on my lower back that (((*blushing -- greatly blushing*))) my wife really loves -- says it is quite appealing to her. So, I leave that alone! She gets/I get -- the camp is happy!!!

xxx.sabrina
10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
How embarassing!

A lot of cyclists shave their legs because the hair takes heat out of them with the wind blowing on them and it makes an awful mess with road rash from crashing. You could take up cycling and then you are covered... and it does wonders for leg and butt toning.

I get rid of as much body hair as possible and if anyone asks me I tell them it's because I overheat really badly at work if I don't, which is also true.

Cheyenne Skye
10-15-2007, 02:10 PM
How embarassing!

A lot of cyclists shave their legs because the hair takes heat out of them with the wind blowing on them and it makes an awful mess with road rash from crashing. You could take up cycling and then you are covered... and it does wonders for leg and butt toning.

I get rid of as much body hair as possible and if anyone asks me I tell them it's because I overheat really badly at work if I don't, which is also true.

I don't know how ya'll can say that it is cooler to not have the hair. I'm a runner and I have shaved my legs and chest a few times. Both summer and winter. In the summer I felt more at risk of overheating since the hair pulls the sweat away from my body and without the hair it just clings to my skin. And in the winter, I needed another layer of clothes to stay warm since the hair adds an extra layer of dead air space (insulation). All that being said, I am a very hairy beast yet I would prefer to not have any body hair. It's just not practical for me to shave all the time.

Ðarissa
10-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Well for me, I didn't have enough hair on my legs and arms to keep anything warm or cool so I don't miss it! ;) As for my chest I don't have enough hair there to keep an ant warm. :heehee:

Ruth
10-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I think the trouble is, members of your family can say things to you that would be incredibly rude if they came from a stranger.
So, families are different. I guess the answer is, no secrets in the family. Easier said than done, I know, but wouldn't it be nice to have somewhere where you can absolutely be yourself, no fear, no hiding.

rachel_rachel
10-16-2007, 03:34 AM
I tell people the truth, I couldn't give a :censor: what they think or say anyway...

I once said to several people that i shave my chest because it looks terrible having a hairy chest when you're wearing a bra and low cut top.

Same sort of reply about my legs, short skirts and hairy legs are not a good look.

Paula Wilder
10-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I had my whole body waxed for a trip last year and told everyone who asked that a massage place I went to used a mix of lotion and Nair and my hair came off! Called it an "Eastern Smoothie" and said a lot of the guys on the east coast (where I travelled) have it done for the "Metro" look. Besides, it feels much better getting massaged on perfectly smooth skin - I recommend it! That story worked so well, I used it again last month, only this time I said I did it because I enjoyed the way it felt to get massaged that way. It's better not to lie - but if you must, at least it should be believable (LOL!)

Here's to "smooth" sailing in your future...

Paula

Carol Elizabeth
10-17-2007, 07:02 AM
I have heard:

That people will believe a big lie just as quick as a little lie,

and

If you tell a lie enough times, you will begin to believe it yourself.

(Oh god, I'm starting to sound like my mother.:2c:)

CE

JoAnnDallas
10-17-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm part native american and we don't have a lot of facial, chest, arm, or leg hair anyway. So shaving is quick and lasts a long time.

trannie T
10-18-2007, 10:45 PM
What happened to the hair on your legs?
I think that hairy legs look horrible in pantihose, don't you?

Every now and then tell them the truth, they'll never believe you.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-18-2007, 11:10 PM
One of my co-worker's a GG noticed that my arms were shaved, asked me if Nick, another coworker, a guy showed me how to shave my arms, she said that he shaves his arms also. She doesn't understand why we would shave, I just said yeah I shaved my arms and said nothing more.

Otherwise no one says anything derogatory, they just notice from time to time and ask. I've been shaving my legs now for about two months and wearing Nike spandex workout shorts at the gym no one says anything. Just love being smooth.:happy:

daniisummers
10-19-2007, 06:49 AM
I haven't yet been called to account for shaving my entire body, but when i do i will probobly just say "because body hair is disgusting"... and if its a woman asking me i might add "how would you feel to be all hairy?.. its pretty gross huh?"

Twyla
10-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I think your "yep" is the best possible answer because it excludes any furter continuation.

Don't show any sign of embarasment, don't give any explanation.
Even if they insist keep going with short but avoiding answers. They are a clear invitation to stop the questioning.

"Why do you shave your legs ?" "To remove the hair."

"Why do you want to remove it ?" "Why should I keep it ?"

"Do you feel better this way ?" "Should I feel worse ?"

Hicuts
12-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I started wearing my Mom's panties at age 13 and before long I was dressing in her other lingerie evry chance I got when I was alone. Before long I got caught. Mom had gone shopping one Saturday morning and as soon as she left I went to her bedroom and dressed in her longleg panty girdle, stockings, bra, heeels, and just as I was putting on her slip she appeared in the doorway. She had forgotten her purse and when she came back to the house she heard me in her bedroom. What an experience that was !

MarciManseau
12-26-2007, 01:36 PM
When I was a teenager, I had to have a physical for school, so I went to a clinic to get one. After the doctor had examined me, he waited until the nurse left the room and then asked me why I shaved my legs. Thinking quickly (for once) I answered - to remove the hair. That's all I said and he didn't ask more. I still wonder why he waited for the nurse to go tho. He was very cute :D

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

trish lee
12-26-2007, 02:39 PM
last i checked life is short ,so do what makes you happy i went for years with the thought that it really matters what someone else thinks but then i woke up and started enjoying life and it's so starts every morning in the shower with a sharp razor and cream:happy:

jarts55
12-26-2007, 03:18 PM
The hair on my legs is so fine that you really have to look close to see it. When I was in high school a guy asked me if I shaved my legs, told him no. I do love the feeling of being smooth.

vivian fair
12-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Never to old to learn! As I have very few hairs on my legs I was quite interested to read native americans have little hair, and that poor leg circulation could also be a cause. I'm very proud of my heritage and my clean look. I do appreciate your ideas concerning this.

xdresser4u2dressup
12-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I know the feeling of it , One of my female co workers seen my legs were shaved which i never had thought about it . I just done it .

Though the excuse is good about pulling the hair thing But inevitably they will find out it isnt true . I researched all i could online about Leg problems so i could explain this exact same thing off and it was I wear support socks as my leggs get tired during the day and they pull my leg hair out or i shave because they pull at my hair .

Then again you could take up swimming as swimmers do shave their legs or say that your weight lifting . But again ask yourself this which one is more believeable and which is the closest to what you actually do .

Carly D.
12-26-2007, 04:39 PM
It's hard to say what my B.S. story or excuse would be for my legs being shaved.. the top of my feet are, or were very hairy and in the past couple of years I have kept shaving my feet as well and my older brother noticed that the top of my feet looked pretty much hair free and asked if I shave my feet and I said yes.. he didn't ask why, but I think I would have said that the hair there bothered me.. that or if I felt brave I might have said that ain't all that I shave.. check out my legs.. and pubes..

Wendi0012
12-26-2007, 04:45 PM
about three years ago was at a company event while playing volleyball I heard my friends wife asked under her breath if I had shaven my legs and casually I replied yes I do. After a few moments a few more of the wives and girlfriends noticed and when I came out and said that I reguarly shave my legs and enjoy the smooth feel many of thhem said that my legs really looked wonderful and they all thought it was cool!!!

Love Always,

xdresser4u2dressup
12-26-2007, 05:26 PM
In Japan Body hair is considered disgusting and the japanese men shave it off . Unless their wives do it .

Ashley Williams
12-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I am very lucky - when I dressed regularly about 25 years or more ago and was on my own, I tried shaving my legs.

Well - they never came back, apart from a few little stragglers. Ever since I've known my wife, therefore, I have had legs with far less hair than her.

As for the arms - I have only just started shaving those and under my armpits and so far she has not noticed anything.

Either her eyesight is bad or she is ignoring it - as I only very recently told her that my cross-dressing urges had returned.

As for excuses - I don't know what to suggest - except perhaps to say that you are just more comfortable with shaved legs!

All the Best

Lesley

SiobhanW
12-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I wore shorts to my step-daughter's house today. First time in shorts with my shaved legs really since winter started, Though I haven't actually shaved for a couple of weeks, so I have about a quarter inch of hair (being head of the lazy trannie coalition, as I am). :happy:

Either nobody noticed or they were too polite to say anything, though I was a little bit self conscious the entire time I was there. Would have been nice to be a fly on the wall when I left them. :heehee:

JoanAz
12-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Living in Lake Havasu Az, most of the Year is in shorts ,way too short shorts, and shaved legs.
When it cooled off last month (long pants) while checking out of Wall Mart the girl said I miss your shorts & great legs.
That made my day.
Joan Az:happy:

Jilmac
12-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Just tell them that it makes you more streamlined when you swim:D

Hannah
12-27-2007, 09:45 AM
I shave my legs because I would look ridiculous in hosiery with hairy legs. No need for an excuse with a reason like that!

Hannah

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes I shave my legs, doesn't everbody? That's what I said and when I was asked about my painted toe nails I said that my wife painted them once as a joke while I was asleep and that I keep them painted to carry on the gag. I don't know what I'll say when they see me wearing a bra or panties, probably just ask again "doesn't everybody". Of course when my wife ask me if I have a bra on I say yes aren't you wearing one?"

Annaliese
12-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I was at my parents home this fall and I was wareing shorts and my sister ask why I shave my legs and then my bother started in on me. Then my dad told them to lay off and no more was said, that was a good feeling. I am 54 and I still shave my legs, arms and body.
Just before finals one of my students ask why my nails are so shiny I just keeped working on the problem that I was helping her with and did not say anything.

Anna