PDA

View Full Version : A Question

penni
10-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Hi ya lads,
O.K I know another question and your probably going to tell me to P**ss off,however it is important that I learn about your journey in life and how your life is affected.It helps me be better equipped when talking to people out in the community.
My partner has been in Transition now for 24 months a M2F.
I belong to another group which is primarily M2F CD's and TS's,however I would like to see a change in that.
So the question, what is needed for a forum to be a place where lads would come to talk about issues,make friends and have a laugh from time to time.

Hope you can help me,

HUgs Penny
www.chameleonswa.com

Cai
10-15-2007, 07:31 AM
I'd have to say that what you'd need are people who are willing to realize that FtMs are not the same as CDers. And maybe some sort of notation with the username or title that lets the other users know how they should refer to me (as he/him).

And unfortunately, one of the things that makes it easier to get people to join is people like themselves already there. Meaning it'll be hard to get FtMs there until you've got some.

penni
10-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi ya,

Well I can answer that as at this momentI am extremely overjoyed..we have our first F2M TS and he is also a member here.I am hopeing he will help me through on how to be as respectful and thoughtful to the lads just as much as we are to the T women.

I know all about using the right pronouns and showing respect in that manner as my partner of 15 years has been in transition for 24 months.

HUgs Penny
www.chameleonswa.com

Nicki B
10-15-2007, 09:01 AM
I'd have to say that what you'd need are people who are willing to realize that FtMs are not the same as CDers.

How d'you mean, Cai?

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I'd have to say that what you'd need are people who are willing to realize that FtMs are not the same as CDers.

SOME are Cai, i assume you are referring to the majority being TS/TG not CD....but there are some FtM CDers out there and some of the issues are the same but in reverse, but of course not all of us are the same, and yes there seems to be a higher number of FtM that are TS/TG, its how those individual issues are addressed that matters

penni
10-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi ya Kieron,

Thats what I am hopeing ,as many of the posts can be answered by both and in the reverse.
Just want some balance in our forum.Living with a M2F Transsexual has allowed me the wonderful opportunity to meet both Tmen and Cd F2M ,both need to support each other and join in one voice to be heard.
Society can be a very cruel world,so in my books it is extremely important to support each other.

Well thats my aim for the forum I belong too.

HUgs PENNY
www.chameleonswa.com

DanielMacBride
10-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Hiya Penny,
As promised, I have finally joined the Chameleons board :) I have been reading the posts there for several months and was previously reluctant to join because of the lack of a F2M presence, but I figure someone's got to start that ball rolling so why not me :D

Come on over and say hi guys, Penny is great and the girls are really nice :)

Daniel

Cai
10-15-2007, 11:24 AM
How d'you mean, Cai?

SOME are Cai, i assume you are referring to the majority being TS/TG not CD....but there are some FtM CDers out there and some of the issues are the same but in reverse, but of course not all of us are the same, and yes there seems to be a higher number of FtM that are TS/TG, its how those individual issues are addressed that matters

My fault - I should have been more specific. It was early. I was referring to the fact that FtMs are not the same as MtF CD'ers. Even FtM CD'ers deal with some different issues, and have some different wants/needs/problems/discussions.

Remind me not to try and answer difficult questions when I've just gotten up.

ZenFrost
10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Penny, I don't mean to be rude, but this is the second thread you've posted advertising your other forum. Any boys who want to join can get there from the link in your last thread, you don't need to keep pushing this in our faces.

penni
10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi ya Zen,

Not pushing it in your faces at all...Just ned guideance and that is what forums are for.

There are so many people in the community who do not know about anyone Trans...and this is not a good thing.How many times has someone tried to change names on documents ..especially when it has been changed legally..how many still get called the name of the past despite transition and explanation.

Where I live there is more talk and some Education for those that are of M2F TS's and CD's...unfortunately not many know that women face this terrible suppression as well.That they to are forced to be what society expects them to be...some identify with the Lesbian community some don't.There is limited Education on what you face.

Many CD's M2F also do not know what issues you face on a daily basis let along in an hour.
I want to learn more and I want the people around me to open there eye's to see past their own Gender issues.I want people around me to become more Educated on how Society works for both sexes.
I would even like to think that not only will it be female spouses of M2F CD's and TS's that reach out...but also some Male spouses.

I am not asking to rush over,I just need help..90% of the posts on the forum I am connected with are my posts,Most of the posts are trying to get people to talk,to get some Education and support for new comers and to have a place for spouses.For all to be treated with respect and equality and unfortunately I cannot do it alone.
the forum I am connected to is only 1 year young and it has been hard work.
There are so many forums and basically I have registered on all of them..because where you live and I live things are different,people approach things differently...even our Govt does not support our Trans,we have no medical system to which TS's get help financially here in Perth we have no Gender Centre where people can come and seek out the services required,and that is not just for TS's it is for CD's as well.

SO I am not in your face..just being out there being hinest about what I would like to see.

Hugs Penny
Spouse to a M2F Transsexual,a mother to 6 ,an open minded person and a person who believes in Diversity and respect of equality

ZenFrost
10-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Perhaps you should try asking them to come here instead of just asking us to go there.

The only reason I said you were pushing it in our faces is because over a period of only five days, you started two threads and posted six times with a link to that site. Once would have been enough to get the message across.