PDA

View Full Version : Keeping it real, but keeping it exciting

Lovely Rita
10-15-2007, 12:27 PM
It is always a good idea from time to time to examine ourselves and see if we are getting the most out of life.

Joy is something I always do my best to experience in my life.

I understand that everyone of us is different in many ways, but since we have crossdressing in common I thought it a good idea to share some positive insight.

This is not something new you are hearing from me, but we all have the ability to choose to make the most of what we have or take things for granted.

I decided way back that if I am going to go through this journey as a crossdresser I wish to navigate this course with wild eyed excitement and Joy. Sure there are some days that are better than others, but everyday is a new adventure.

My happiness is increased when I really consider how fortunate we all our. We get to have so much fun. We have been given the gift of play.

We can experiment with makeup, try on all our favorite girly things. Some of us can go out and explore the world en femme.

My aim is to never let this get old or mundane. It is too too easy to take things in life for granted. We take things for granted naturally. Our attitude makes the difference.

I appreciate every day that I can slip on some nylons and walk around in my favorite hi heels.

There is a smile on my face already.

Marla S
10-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Our attitude makes the difference.

I appreciate every day that I can slip on some nylons and walk around in my favorite hi heels.

There is a smile on my face already.
Once again you nailed it.

Because my attitude changes from time to time it is boon and bane.

It's better to go for the boon part though :happy:

Brianna Lovely
10-15-2007, 12:42 PM
I agree a 100%.

Many days (most of the time, giggle), I don't want to put my full makeup on, it just takes too long.

But, every morning after my shower, I put on a pair of pierced earrings, to start my day. If I'm going to the store or post office, it's on with a skirt, top, fem sandals, wig (I'm letting my own hair grow), grab my purse and out I go.

I've heard many girls say "Just be yourself" and that's so true. Sometimes I may look like a "rough woman", or a guy in fem clothes, but I'm going out and being myself, anyway.

Learn to love yourself, then you can share your love with others.

Veronica Fallon
10-15-2007, 01:37 PM
I love the threads you start Rita!! :D

There are a few here that seem to rarely post about anything unless it's to make someone else look/feel small. Your positive energy here serves well to balance-out the negativity spread by others. Thank you!! :rose::rose::rose:

Your message of appreciation is a very important one, in my view of life. We draw-in that which we focus our thoughts & emotions on. If we think of things in grays or blacks, that's what will soon engulf all that we see. If we choose to keep our vision fixed on the brighter hues, we get blessed with extra light & colors. Another thing I've noticed is that the more things I purposefully find appreciation for, the more unexpected ones I'm surprised with along my path. It really is a matter of choice for us, although it usually seems otherwise. One of the most powerful ways to enable that choice is to seek the beauty already within our lives, feel that beauty as joy, enhance that joy through gratitude, & again seek more to be grateful for in the new beauty we've surely just enticed our way! Living this way is sometimes so free & easy, & yet other times it seems like we have little or no real choice at all. But whenever we can truly feel appreciative, we regain our personal power & thus, our choice.

You obviously know this Rita. And you do a valuable service whenever you remind us to see, value, & appreciate the true beauty in this gift we all share. I hope you have the loveliest of days today!! (I've a feeling you will!! :happy:)

Hugz Of Appreciation For YOU, :yrtw:

Veronica

Ruth
10-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Rita, that phrase about the gift of play is so true. I realised some time back (with the help of my therapist) that there is an element of play in my CDing. And play is something we generally lack as adults. What ever else we get from CDing, the play element is tremendously energising.
And yes, it's so much fun. I think the effects are bound to spill over into the rest of our lives.

Lovely Rita
10-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Once again you nailed it.

Because my attitude changes from time to time it is boon and bane.

It's better to go for the boon part though :happy:

Thanks Marla, I agree. We get lulled into unhappiness some times. Circumstances work against us all the time. So what we need is to persevere. We hit the lottery, if we only believe it, lets party !!!.

I agree a 100%.

Many days (most of the time, giggle), I don't want to put my full makeup on, it just takes too long.

But, every morning after my shower, I put on a pair of pierced earrings, to start my day. If I'm going to the store or post office, it's on with a skirt, top, fem sandals, wig (I'm letting my own hair grow), grab my purse and out I go.

I've heard many girls say "Just be yourself" and that's so true. Sometimes I may look like a "rough woman", or a guy in fem clothes, but I'm going out and being myself, anyway.

Learn to love yourself, then you can share your love with others.

Brianna, you trully are lovely. I really appreciate what you shared. I just love happy and fulfilled people and that is the vibe I get from you.

I love the threads you start Rita!! :D

There are a few here that seem to rarely post about anything unless it's to make someone else look/feel small. Your positive energy here serves well to balance-out the negativity spread by others. Thank you!! :rose::rose::rose:

Your message of appreciation is a very important one, in my view of life. We draw-in that which we focus our thoughts & emotions on. If we think of things in grays or blacks, that's what will soon engulf all that we see. If we choose to keep our vision fixed on the brighter hues, we get blessed with extra light & colors. Another thing I've noticed is that the more things I purposefully find appreciation for, the more unexpected ones I'm surprised with along my path. It really is a matter of choice for us, although it usually seems otherwise. One of the most powerful ways to enable that choice is to seek the beauty already within our lives, feel that beauty as joy, enhance that joy through gratitude, & again seek more to be grateful for in the new beauty we've surely just enticed our way! Living this way is sometimes so free & easy, & yet other times it seems like we have little or no real choice at all. But whenever we can truly feel appreciative, we regain our personal power & thus, our choice.

You obviously know this Rita. And you do a valuable service whenever you remind us to see, value, & appreciate the true beauty in this gift we all share. I hope you have the loveliest of days today!! (I've a feeling you will!! :happy:)

Hugz Of Appreciation For YOU, :yrtw:

Veronica

Veronica, you made my day. And I don't care if they say this is a mutual admiration club, and what is wrong with that? Thank you for your wonderful and insightful feedback. So many times we are led to think that we are just victims of our own emotions. Fooey, we have a stake in things and we can decide which way we want to go. Joy and fulfillment or conflicted and miserable. Yes there is a lot of baggage to work through. I have written enough already about unlearning all those negative things that make us feel bad about crossdressing and ourselves, but the bonanza of Joy and love is worth the fight. We need to keep making the right choices in our own heads and stay positive no matter what.

Rita, that phrase about the gift of play is so true. I realised some time back (with the help of my therapist) that there is an element of play in my CDing. And play is something we generally lack as adults. What ever else we get from CDing, the play element is tremendously energising.
And yes, it's so much fun. I think the effects are bound to spill over into the rest of our lives.

Ruth, I am so glad you picked up on that. When I was just a child and stumbled on to the never never land of crossdressing I was hooked. It was such a powerful experience. It was complete and fulfilling play. I am so happy to still have this fairy tale, pardon the pun lol, which never ends. I love it and treasure it.
I love to play for hours and hours at a time. Never had so much fun and only another crossdresser could even begin to understand..:thumbsup:

Julie York
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
The gift of play.:D

Nice one.:thumbsup:

Lovely Rita
10-15-2007, 05:05 PM
The gift of play.:D

Nice one.:thumbsup:

It is always great to get the thumbsup from Julie York a person who I appreciate very much.:hugs:

melissacd
10-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Wow,

Rita, when I read your post I felt tears of joy. It is such a beautiful expression of what this now means to me personally and something that resonates deep within my soul.

It took so many years for me to find my way back to who I was always was. That journey was full of self doubt, guilt, shame, personal pain and humiliation and yet I got through it all, the serendipity of knowing that just being myself was the right answer all along.

Thank you so much for reminding us of the joy and beauty of this wondrous thing that we do. Perhaps we are the leading edge of where humanity needs to go.

Huggs
Melissa

Kate Simmons
10-15-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm probably seriously dating myself but you remember the old commercial that said:"When it comes to Cracker Jacks, some kids never grow up." CDing is our "Cracker Jacks" with a surprise in every package and seems to keep a lot of us young, or at least young at heart. Peter Pan syndrome? I dunno but have been told by many by many of my friends that Sal keeps me young. Beats me where the energy comes from. Get me on the dance floor and I'm like the energizer bunny. If there is indeed any benefit from crossdressing, it's the fact and it puts us in touch with ourselves and the pure unbridled upbeat energy, which is sometimes otherwise hard to tap into but it is doable if one knows how.;):happy:

Joy Carter
10-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Ditto's Rita. :D

RobertaFermina
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Gosh Rita, how right you are !

Every day an adventure....

Wish I could say more than "Amen!", yet I am so happily occupied with the sheer joy and, today, weight of "keeping it real" that I'll have to save it for a future post !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Valerie
10-15-2007, 06:35 PM
for your very upbeat message. A few days ago my wife and I were looking at the photographs posted in the "one photo only" thread, and what impressed us both was that in most photographs what came through was an immense happiness. This is very beautiful and evident, and it does not depend on how much the person "passes". Since we know it is not all wine and roses, it does help very much when you write such a great message to focus us on the positive.
:love:

Valerie

Marla S
10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I think our sunshines Rita and Veronica deserve a :hugs:

MsJanessa
10-16-2007, 06:13 AM
:iagree:

Lovely Rita
10-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Wow,

Rita, when I read your post I felt tears of joy. It is such a beautiful expression of what this now means to me personally and something that resonates deep within my soul.

It took so many years for me to find my way back to who I was always was. That journey was full of self doubt, guilt, shame, personal pain and humiliation and yet I got through it all, the serendipity of knowing that just being myself was the right answer all along.

Thank you so much for reminding us of the joy and beauty of this wondrous thing that we do. Perhaps we are the leading edge of where humanity needs to go.

Huggs
Melissa

Hey Melissa thanks for sharing these beautiful words, I know about doubt, guilt, shame and pain and I thank God that He has helped me get through those storms, I posted this thread because I always need to remind myself to appreciate this blessing.

I'm probably seriously dating myself but you remember the old commercial that said:"When it comes to Cracker Jacks, some kids never grow up." CDing is our "Cracker Jacks" with a surprise in every package and seems to keep a lot of us young, or at least young at heart. Peter Pan syndrome? I dunno but have been told by many by many of my friends that Sal keeps me young. Beats me where the energy comes from. Get me on the dance floor and I'm like the energizer bunny. If there is indeed any benefit from crossdressing, it's the fact and it puts us in touch with ourselves and the pure unbridled upbeat energy, which is sometimes otherwise hard to tap into but it is doable if one knows how.;):happy:

Thanks Sally for that, I never want to grow up, so I guess I am a Cracker Jack kid, too bad I can't eat them anymore if I want to ever fit into a size 8.
Thank you for reminding me about that energy level, it knows no bounds.

Ditto's Rita. :D

Always great to get a Ditto from the Joy in my life.

Gosh Rita, how right you are !

Every day an adventure....

Wish I could say more than "Amen!", yet I am so happily occupied with the sheer joy and, today, weight of "keeping it real" that I'll have to save it for a future post !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Hey Roberta, trully an adventure, but one we have to always keeping working on and growing in there are no happily ever afters.

for your very upbeat message. A few days ago my wife and I were looking at the photographs posted in the "one photo only" thread, and what impressed us both was that in most photographs what came through was an immense happiness. This is very beautiful and evident, and it does not depend on how much the person "passes". Since we know it is not all wine and roses, it does help very much when you write such a great message to focus us on the positive.
:love:

Valerie

Valerie, you have no idea how encouraging your feedback really is. I always feel so blessed when people like you can share and participate in the good will and love of encouragment.

Thank you so so much.

I think our sunshines Rita and Veronica deserve a :hugs:

Thanks Marla, Well my sunshine is all you gals, you sweet and wonderful gals, with such beautiful souls. I am priveledged to know you. And I emphatically agree that Veronica deserves a life time of Hugs.

By the way Marla, I just love your Avatar.

:iagree:

I know I am doing right when the redoubtable and vernerable Janessa agrees.

Hugs
Rita

Nicki B
10-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Surely, you need to keep exploring the envelope - pushing yourself to do something you haven't done before? If you don't, you surely are in danger of becoming staid and boring - you don't develop anymore?

I'd hate to think life was finished and that I'd done it all.. We need to keep our sense of wonder and our inner child? :)

Lovely Rita
10-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Surely, you need to keep exploring the envelope - pushing yourself to do something you haven't done before? If you don't, you surely are in danger of becoming staid and boring - you don't develop anymore?

I'd hate to think life was finished and that I'd done it all.. We need to keep our sense of wonder and our inner child? :)

I absolutely agree, we are like salmon swimming up stream with regard to obstacles, mainly us, and we can choose to keep it an adventure by doing what we have not before, or our lives can become like haunted houses.

christid66
10-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Rita,
I've found myself getting all frustrated when it's time to 'put Christi away'. Yesterday was no exception - and then I came across your thread and it showed me what is wrong with my attitude.
I should be celebrating that I had the opportunity and look forward to the next time.
Thanks Rita:hugs:

Lovely Rita
10-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Rita,
I've found myself getting all frustrated when it's time to 'put Christi away'. Yesterday was no exception - and then I came across your thread and it showed me what is wrong with my attitude.
I should be celebrating that I had the opportunity and look forward to the next time.
Thanks Rita:hugs:

Christid66, that's right focus on what you got and keep the fire of appreciation stoked, only you can choose to do it, no one else can do it for you.:hugs:

Angie G
10-16-2007, 08:45 AM
I find great joy in dressing I have a decent wardrobe that keeps dressing fun, when home I spend more time dressed in dresses or outfits with a skirt then not And love every moment of it my life is good :hugs:
Angie

unclejoann
10-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Since I dress only when alone there is always the "ok, what now" kind of thing. I try on a few dresses, but then what, it is dressing but not anything else. So, lately I have really gotten into sewing, I dress up and sew, and i have made some really fun things to wear. It adds a whole dimension to dressing up to not just dress and look in the mirror. I have sometimes poured myself a glass of wine and started sewing and then an hour or two later realized I never touched the wine, it is such a complete experience to be sewing that I give up drink. Dressing up is a better drug.

Lovely Rita
10-16-2007, 02:24 PM
I find great joy in dressing I have a decent wardrobe that keeps dressing fun, when home I spend more time dressed in dresses or outfits with a skirt then not And love every moment of it my life is good :hugs:
Angie

Hi Angie, That is so wonderful to know. You find many times many of us go through our ups and downs, which is normal, but I think we also have a part to play with regard to keeping it fun and exciting.

Thanks for sharing.

Since I dress only when alone there is always the "ok, what now" kind of thing. I try on a few dresses, but then what, it is dressing but not anything else. So, lately I have really gotten into sewing, I dress up and sew, and i have made some really fun things to wear. It adds a whole dimension to dressing up to not just dress and look in the mirror. I have sometimes poured myself a glass of wine and started sewing and then an hour or two later realized I never touched the wine, it is such a complete experience to be sewing that I give up drink. Dressing up is a better drug.

Wow Unclejoann,
That is so very cool. I just think about all the creative ideas and having the ability to sew them into existance.
If I could sew there are tons of ideas I have for some skirts and outfits.

That is fantastic that you do that.