PDA

View Full Version : Secret Trick?

Mirani
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Ok Girls - whats the secret??

Why is it that RG (Real Girl?) GG (havent worked that out yet) or BF (born female?) .. any way where was I ..

Why do real women have no problem keeping a bag strap on a shoulder?

Mine ALWAYS slide off grrrr ... is it me?

:)

Kris
10-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Ok Girls - whats the secret??

Why is it that RG (Real Girl?) GG (havent worked that out yet) or BF (born female?) .. any way where was I ..

:)

GG = Genetic Girl.. or FAB Female at Birth

I do believe that we have had more practice and naturally raise our shoulder just slightly out of habit after a decade or so.

Good luck!
Kris

kassandra richard
10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
One would think with our "broad" shoulders that the straps wouldn't fall off so easily :D. But I know that I've seen GG's adjusting their bag straps because they were sliding off. For me it doesn't matter if I'm carrying my new purse (two straps) or my hobo (one strap). Occasionally the silly things just slip down.

Kassandra

Kate Simmons
10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Well Mirani, I've found if I keep the contents to a minimum, I'm better off. When I first started using one, I seemed to have everything in there but the kitchen sink(and the thing weighed a ton) but with experience, I've learned I can just get by with some "basics".:happy:

Cindy N
10-15-2007, 02:08 PM
If your shoulders slope downward then any strap will slip, bras and purses.

kassandra richard
10-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Well Mirani, I've found if I keep the contents to a minimum, I'm better off. When I first started using one, I seemed to have everything in there but the kitchen sink(and the thing weighed a ton) but with experience, I've learned I can just get by with some "basics".:happy:

Now that's a piece of advice that some of the women I know could use :) Maybe there should be show called "CD Eye for the Straight Woman" :D

Mirani
10-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks Kris ..

I'll get the hang of it soon :)

I am a OCDMtFHHWLLG

(OccasionalCrossDressingMaleToFemaleHighHeelWearin gLipstickLovingGuy!)

Karren H
10-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Mine always stays where I put it....

Sally24
10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
I find that if I cradle my hand on top of the purse as I walk, that it generally stays put. Gives me something girly to do with that hand too. If I just let it swing then it does come off now and again.

tricia_uktv
10-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I find that if I cradle my hand on top of the purse as I walk, that it generally stays put. Gives me something girly to do with that hand too. If I just let it swing then it does come off now and again.

Agree with Sally, thats what i do, holding the puse high with my elbow bent upwards, but actually I don't mind adjusting my strap, its a very feminine thing to do - provided its not happening every minute

Sonia Kiss
10-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi Mirani,

This problem drove me crazy at first! I didn't understand it. But...the problem seems to have gone away for me, so hang in there, and it'll probably just get easier after a while.

I do have lots of theories on this matter though. (I know, I'm always full of theories. I can't help it!) One theory is hormones. Our testosterone helps us build bigger firmer muscles. That includes the trapezius, the muscle that makes the slope from your neck down to your shoulder. Yes, men may have broader shoulders on average if you're just measuring width, but that trapezius tends to give our shoulders more of a slope. Women's shoulders often look more square and angular to me. A mark of hyper-masculinity is a thick no-neck. A mark of hyper-femininity is a long slender neck. The difference is all in that muscle.

Another theory is posture. Try these experiments: Put one hand in your lap, rest your other hand on your shoulder--the shoulder of the hand that's in your lap--so that you can feel the muscles and bones move around as you do these experiments. Now try to straighten your back posture some. Sit up straighter, shoulders back, shoulders up. Feel the shape of your shoulder change? Now, still feeling your shoulder, take your hand out of your lap and move it out parallel to your leg and at the same time bring your elbow in to touch your side. That really changes the muscle shape, hm? Now straighten your elbow so that your arm extends straight down and rotate your arm back and forth between palm facing forward and palm facing back. With the palm forward, you should feel that muscle relax and soften. So there's some stuff to play with that might help you keep that purse strap on your shoulder, but also it helps make your overall posture look feminine. Try all this in front of a mirror and you'll see.

Finally, I think there might be something to do with the height of the purse, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Sonia :)

Mirani
10-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Wo! there is a science to this = of course I knew that! ;)

Sonia, I seem to be tied into a knot!

I must reread the instructions!

Ema1234 GG
10-15-2007, 04:23 PM

I can only wear them on one shoulder, on one shoulder I have no problem but on the other they always fall off lol.