PDA

View Full Version : Male-to-Female CrossDressers PLEASE READ

Daintre
10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I am really a quiet member here, not to much gets me riled up, but right now I am really P_ssed Off. I am so tired of MtoF members posting in GG or FtoM threads when they are told specifically to STAY OUT....DON'T POST....

How clear does it have to be? when a thread, or poll states it is for GG or FtoM only...IT MEANS THEM ONLY...and does not include ANY MtoF responses. Right now, those ill placed posts are removed by staff, who have enough work to do here.

Those who are posting where they know they shouldn't are being selfish....not everything on this Forum pertains to you.

READ THE THREAD to see if your response is desired.

Got something to say about the thread....Start your own fgs.

:rant: is over

Marcie Sexton
10-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I agree it is bothersome, but I for one had my hand slapped because in my zealous attempt to get involved answered a post marked for gg f2m replys only...The sad part is I had to contact my moderator to figure out what I had done wrong...

Find it in your hearts to forgive and forget...perhaps they are making the same mistake I made, they want to get involved, but can't see the forest for the trees...

...but then again I could possibly find my hand being lopped off for attempting to explain why this occurs...

MarinaTwelve200
10-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Sometimes its hard to see what forum one is posting to also. One may get excited about a thread title and go to it before one checks what forum it is on. Its sorta hard to see or determine what forum one is in when posting----unless you know EXACTLY where to look---and often, in the fog of writing the post, we may forget to do that.

Im much more caredul now after getting "burned" a few times myself, but still, accidents can happen and folks should not be offended too much by it. I dont think anyone here actually means to deliberately post to a wrong forum or thread.

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Sometimes its hard to see what forum one is posting to also.

how hard is it to look at the top of the page to see where you are at? surely the content of the initial post would give people a clue anyway :rolleyes:

Ema1234 GG
10-15-2007, 05:48 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if the thread title dictates that it is for a specific type of member here such as GG or FTM then there is no excuse. Surely that gives you some clue that the thread isn't for you to post in.

Those of us who are in the minority (and by that I mean GG's and FTM's) have a far smaller number of threads we can call our own, do they really have to be taken away from us as well.

All it takes is a little bit of time to read the post and ensure that your input has been asked for. If it doesn't specifiy then sure, you aren't doing anything wrong. Put if it's asked for the input of a specific group of members and you aren't one of them you really shouldn't be taking part but by all means read and learn.

I know for one I wouldn't vote/post in a thread that called for FTM's or MTF's only. :rolleyes:

KatrinaAshley
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Look at the name of the site. Yet WE have to stay out of topics even when we may have a valid point to make? It's bad enough there are special areas where others can possibly talk behind our backs and we can't have any input. I think some people need to relax a little.

Ema1234 GG
10-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Look at the name of the site. Yet WE have to stay out of topics even when we may have a valid point to make? It's bad enough there are special areas where others can possibly talk behind our backs and we can't have any input. I think some people need to relax a little.

Yes but unfortunately the world does not revolve around only crossdressers. And perhaps you should look a little more closely at the name of the site. Take a look at the logo at the top of every page.

the #1 community for crossdressers, their family and friends.

Yes that's right, not just crossdressers but their family and friends as well. :rolleyes:

Oh and I think you need to relax a little, what makes you think we are talking about you behind you're back.

But I guess it's ok the the crossdressers have their own private forum is it? If you took the time to join the private GM forum then you'd have you're own special place were you can talk about us behind our backs. :rolleyes:

And if you have such a valid point to make on a topic where it has been requested that MTF's don't post, then why not make your own thread on the same topic. Or even PM the person who started it. There's always other ways you know.

sami1952
10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I haven been a member for about a year or two,but i can read and i respect the rules on this forum,if i'm invited, then and only then will i post on that certain thread.this is a great site and i hope it stills here.

Karren H
10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
The've been warned so kick their sorry ass's off the board if they do it again!!! People have been exiled for less... lol

Valerie
10-15-2007, 06:48 PM
...if I am allowed to speak in this thread, since the tone is so harsh, or so I sense it. But may I ask what is the proportion of " mistaken" interventions and how disruptive they are? When one is working from the " New Posts" list one does not always realize where they have been originally posted. Are these wrong postings posted by the same people? Why not post a friendly request from time to time?

Today, for another reason, I suddenly had a realization (please forgive me if it is too evident) of what that trite line from _Love Story_ means, ("Love means not having to say you are sorry"). It means, I now see it, that the person who loves you does not get irritated at you and tries instead to understand. (I had always understood it as "the person who loves does not need to say that she is sorry," but it means "the person who loves does not obligate the loved person to have to say sorry..." One sorts things out.):hugs:

Cheers,

Valerie

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 06:52 PM
When one is working from the " New Posts" list one does not always realize where they have been originally posted.

if you click new posts, you will see on the right hand side of EVERY post the forum of which it is posted in? if you click a thread title you will see it at the top of every page? if you see a thread with GG or MTF or FTM only is that not evident of what has been asked?

KatrinaAshley
10-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Naturally it depends on the topic and post. If a CD isn't making a point or if it's nothing more than a friendly poll then I can see how another member would be upset. The reason I said what I did was because of a topic I read a while back. Some GG comes in complaining about her BF's dressing. I assumed from her tone that she would not accept such a thing and didn't want to hear our point of view. I was tempted to ask how she could come here and say those things.

Thankfully the tone here is often relaxed and some mistakes can easily be made. There's no need to fly off the handle. There are certain times where we should be able to speak up, don't you agree?

Wendy me
10-15-2007, 07:00 PM
it's simple ... it's easy.... it's what we all want .... respect ...give it and you will receive it ...our GG'S and the guys ftm's deserve it as much as we mtf's do...a little time and reading were you are and who the question is for goes a long way .....

Ema1234 GG
10-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Naturally it depends on the topic and post. If a CD isn't making a point or if it's nothing more than a friendly poll then I can see how another member would be upset. The reason I said what I did was because of a topic I read a while back. Some GG comes in complaining about her BF's dressing. I assumed from her tone that she would not accept such a thing and didn't want to hear our point of view. I was tempted to ask how she could come here and say those things.

Thankfully the tone here is often relaxed and some mistakes can easily be made. There's no need to fly off the handle. There are certain times where we should be able to speak up, don't you agree?

Sorry but I don't. If it specifically says that you can't post in it then why do you think you can? Doesn't it just cause friction in the community. It's really not that hard, if someone takes the time to make a thread that asks for input from a specific section of the community then show them some respect and only post if your input has been asked for.

If you really want to talk on the subject, make another thread on the issue yourself. Or if you really want to ensure that a specific person hears what you have to say, then PM them.

And I didn't read the post in question, but perhaps she didn't want a MTF point of view. Perhaps she was looking for the input as to how other GG's in a relationship with a CD cope with things.

Tamara Croft
10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Look at the name of the site. Yet WE have to stay out of topics even when we may have a valid point to make? It's bad enough there are special areas where others can possibly talk behind our backs and we can't have any input. I think some people need to relax a little.Excuse me? but when a member of this forum asks for GG input only and specifically states they only want GG's to vote, then your points are NOT valid because they weren't asked for. This site is for cd's, their family and friends, NOT just for CD's, so have some bloody respect for ALL the members of this forum, it isn't just for CD's and I am fed up with members thinking it is :thumbsdn: We have a GG forum because it is needed, it wasn't set up for GG's to talk about people behind their backs. We have that section, because it is the ONLY place on this forum we can talk without having threads spoiled, polls spoiled and anything else we want to talk about by ignorant members who really need to get a clue on how to bloody read!!!! It isn't rocket science on how to read a title of a thread, what forum you are in and who a question is posed to, but it seems to me that for some, it is... :mad::mad:

And one more thing, there are rules on this forum, which specifically state that when a member posts a thread for a certain group of members, only those members should be replying to them. People need to start reading them!!

Emma81
10-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I posted this in the Loved Ones Forum but wanted to put a copy here because it relates to the topic at hand:

Hello,

This is my first post at this forum and I have been a longtime reader. However, the thread "A Q For GG's Only - When did you find out?" finally caused me to join and become a part of this forum.

First, on behalf on all MTF crossdressers I want to apologize to the GG's for the disregard of a few people who violated a simple request to stay out of a thread. While I certainly cannot speak for the members who voted in the poll, please realize that the vast majority of us are not stupid and want to honor the wishes of the GG's who are all very important part of our lives.

Second, one of the big reason I joined this thread was the sense of community and open communication between crossdressers and their loved ones. Being deeply in the closet about my crossdressing I sincerely appreciated the perspectives and experiences of GG's as they dealt with the feminine aspect of their loved ones lives. The knowledge that some people are out there who can accept and embrace a person like myself is deeply comforting. It gives me a hope for the future that I can find the same level of support and acceptance from my own loved ones.

Third, please do not take your thoughts and presence to the GG Only Forum or to another site all together. Personally, I find reading your your posts gives me great insight to your feelings with regard to crossdressers. It's reading your posts that help clue me into what I must do to be a better, son, husband, father, etc. to the GG loved ones in my life.

I'll conclude my first post with this... MTF's please respect the wishes of the other people on this forum who provide a great deal of insight and support for the feminine aspect of our lives. GG's please find it in your hearts to maintain a level of peace with the community as a whole.

Sincerely,

Emma

Valerie
10-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Kieron wrote, "if you click new posts, you will see on the right hand side of EVERY post the forum of which it is posted in? if you click a thread title you will see it at the top of every page? if you see a thread with GG or MTF or FTM only is that not evident of what has been asked?"

In fact the right side of the New Posts only indicates in what forum it appeared. It does not indicate if MtFs are completely excluded. Peace,

Valerie

(I am Very Afraid of bulldogs!)

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 07:13 PM
In fact the right side of the New Posts only indicates in what forum it appeared. It does not indicate if MtFs are completely excluded. Peace,

Valerie

(I am Very Afraid of bulldogs!)i did say that!!!, i said its says what forum it is post in, in new posts! and then when you click the post in question if only one specific group is asked to answer then it will say in the thread starter title (first post)....

Valerie
10-15-2007, 07:19 PM
i did say that!!!,..

Yes, you did!!!

Valerie

(Even more afraid of bulldogs than a few minutes ago!!!)

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Yes, you did!!!

Valerie

(Even more afraid of bulldogs than a few minutes ago!!!)
lol dont be afraid of me, i dont bite that hard! im a big old soft puppy really!, especially with the ladies, just good at getting my point across

Marla S
10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
What about smilies ?
FTM onlyMTF onlyGG only... maybe bigger and more flashy though.
Icons are sometimes better to get than plain letters.

And we would need respective post icons too.

Other than that :Peace:

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 07:42 PM
What about smilies ?
FTM onlyMTF onlyGG only... maybe bigger and more flashy though.
Icons are sometimes better to get than plain letters.

Otherwise :Peace:

ooh i like them but yeah bigger hehe

AlysonCD
10-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Um, I was under the impression that the section for GG and FtM and such, you had to be approved to post in those sections beforehand?

docrobbysherry
10-15-2007, 08:29 PM
I am really a quiet member here, not to much gets me riled up, but right now I am really P_ssed Off. I am so tired of MtoF members posting in GG or FtoM threads when they are told specifically to STAY OUT....DON'T POST....

Got something to say about the thread....Start your own fgs.
:rant: is over

One of the biggest problems for me is, all the d---n abbreviations! There should be an Appendix to figure out what they all mean. Like the "fgs" above. Is that an abbreviation of "fags"? How rude!
RS

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 08:32 PM
One of the biggest problems for me is, all the d---n abbreviations! There should be an Appendix to figure out what they all mean. Like the "fgs" above. Is that an abbreviation of "fags"? How rude!
RSfor god sake...

if i may ask? what has the abbreviations got to do with lack of respect and common sense?

KateSpade83
10-15-2007, 08:36 PM
But I wanna post a thread in the FTM Section for advice on men's suits! Wouldn't that be ok?

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 08:53 PM
But I wanna post a thread in the FTM Section for advice on men's suits! Wouldn't that be ok?

of course it would be okay if you posted a thread yourself, rather than posting a post that was on a pre-existing thread that was FTM only posts and were specific that you wanted us to answer only?

any group can ask anyone questions/threads...thats not the issue here

Veronica 1
10-15-2007, 08:54 PM
I have to agree, if a thread is started for a specific group, eg: GG, then the uninvited should respect them and do not post. I will often read them though, just to maybe get an understanding of the evasive female mind. :eek: :devil:

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 08:56 PM
the evasive female mind. :eek: :devil:

:hiding: i wouldnt wanna be you when one reads this :lol2:

Violetgray
10-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Hm.

I think the bottom line is that private conversations should be respected regardless of gender specifics.

Imagine that you were having an intimate discussion in a cafe somewhere and some stranger at another table felt the need to make their opinion heard on your subject. Rude yes?

Just like in the offline world people have the right to private conversations, same goes for online.

And thats for all people on all boards, interests aside.

GypsyKaren
10-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Could everyone maybe argue about this a little bit more? Geez-o-pete, and I won't abbreviate that to GOP because I don't want to be accused of being a Republican, you woke me up, for crying out loud!

Listen people, it's as simple as this, try to follow me here...If I'm rebuilding the carb out of a '66 Chevy and I got a question about it, I'm going to start a thread asking for input from mechanics, I don't need "I'm not a mechanic, but I am a pretty good cook and know everything about soufles, so here's what I think..." If I want the input from cooks on anything, I'll certainly ask for it, but for right now I need some help on this from an expert. Is that so difficult and asking for so much? All you have to do is follow the road signs and you won't get lost...now tone it down, I'm tired.

Karen Starlene

SirTrey
10-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Could everyone maybe argue about this a little bit more? Geez-o-pete, and I won't abbreviate that to GOP because I don't want to be accused of being a Republican, you woke me up, for crying out loud!

Listen people, it's as simple as this, try to follow me here...If I'm rebuilding the carb out of a '66 Chevy and I got a question about it, I'm going to start a thread asking for input from mechanics, I don't need "I'm not a mechanic, but I am a pretty good cook and know everything about soufles, so here's what I think..." If I want the input from cooks on anything, I'll certainly ask for it, but for right now I need some help on this from an expert. Is that so difficult and asking for so much? All you have to do is follow the road signs and you won't get lost...now tone it down, I'm tired.

Karen Starlene

Thank you. You are 100% right. Simple, concise, to the point. :) Kudos, babe. **Trey**

Kieron Andrew
10-15-2007, 09:48 PM

Karen Starlenenow see! thats why i love you so much Karen you have such a way of simplifying everything, now go rest lol

docrobbysherry
10-15-2007, 10:40 PM
for god sake...

if i may ask? what has the abbreviations got to do with lack of respect and common sense?

Here's one for you Kieron. Since u liked Karen's post so well. ( I did too by the by). What do "lack of respect" and "common sense" have to do with 66 Chevys? Or the original thread here, for that matter? Hmmm? I'm SURE you'll have the definitive answer-----
RS

Holly
10-15-2007, 11:09 PM
...What do "lack of respect" and "common sense" have to do with 66 Chevys? Or the original thread here, for that matter?...It's called an analogy hon, and it is a very valid way of making a point.

Vaerise
10-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Understood.
I'll just avoid that forum entirely, even reading.

Angela Sheers
10-16-2007, 04:27 AM
I ask many questions as to why someone would be so upset by a CD replying a post from a GG?
Or a GG answering a post from a CD? or even a TG answering a post from a GG, CD, TV, TG, TS, or any other initials anyone wishes to use.

I have only just joined this forum and in most part have been interested in some of the things I have read about and replies that have been forthcoming.

I understand from the site name, "CrossDressers.Com" that its for the Cds, family, friends and anyone else who may like a shot at saying something thats on their minds or unloading frustrations that may overflow into ramblings of life in general.

I personally feel that someone who posts something in a piblic forum is asking for responses from others who read the original post.
Im of the understanding that we have all got something in common....In this case we either are Cds, wives or SO's of Cds and friends of someone who is a CD.
So why get upset over a response from a GG?
Lets just say I write something in the forum, and its in the M to F forum, and a reply from a GG who happens to be a lesbian too...... OMG!!!!!!!! What am I to do?

I never asked this GG / Lebian to reply to my post......"I know I'll get all bent out of shape over it" and Im having a bad day so I'll ask for no replies from GG / Lesbians.

This is like a child psychology lesson. If you don't want a child to do something the last thing you do is tell them NOT to do it.

If something is that important that you don't want certain people in the human race to respond to DON'T put the commenst in an open forum.

Call a GG friend!!!! OR get over the insecurity of knowingly putting something in a public forum.

Good god, there are more important things in life than getting a response from someone who you may not want to hear from.
Especially if the retort to a message is something you didn't want to hear or goes against YOUR own train of thought.

Angela:tongueout

Ema1234 GG
10-16-2007, 04:42 AM
Angela, it's not simply a question of someone of a different orientation replying to a post, it's when the thread starter has asked for a specific group of people to reply.

Infact, let's not beat around the bush here, it's when a thread calls for only GG or FTM responses and MTF feel the need to join in.

If you want a specific example, take a look at my thread here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68125) where I wanted on GG's to vote in the poll. I didn't exclude MTF's completely, I invited them to post (not vote) if they had something relevant to add to the thread. But still a total of 6 MTF's felt that this didn't apply to them and voted anyway. :rolleyes:

It's not a matter of not wanting to hear things, I actually find it extremely rude and obnoxious that people believe they can disregard the requests of other people.

You say that we can go and "call a GG friend" as you put it. Well actually no I can't (and I'm sure many others on here can't). Many are so far in the closet (or their partners are) that we don't know anyone is real life to talk about this to. Forums such as these are our only way of communicating with other people in similar situations. So go and put in the GG private forum or FTM private forum I hear you cry. Well why should we have to?

Surely it's good to have some things on the open forums for everyone to learn through. I'm sure a whole bunch of CD's do appreciate such threads for what they are and our content to just read them as it gives them an insight into what their own partner or wife may be thinking.

But of course, I'm sure many on here would be happy if we retreated to our private forum only and then you could do whatever you wanted. :rolleyes:

But one thing I can be sure of, attitudes like this really are driving us away.

Tamara Croft
10-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Call a GG friend!!!! OR get over the insecurity of knowingly putting something in a public forum.

Good god, there are more important things in life than getting a response from someone who you may not want to hear from.
Especially if the retort to a message is something you didn't want to hear or goes against YOUR own train of thought.Might I suggest you read the thread in question before spouting off what is and isn't more important in life, because you'll find you are wrong on so many levels. We don't want other input in our own damn threads, whats so hard NOT to understand about that? Maybe some of us don't have ANYONE ELSE to just pick up the phone and talk to, ever thought of that? ever thought that some of us just may be alone and might want to just NOT hear from a CD, might not want a CD ruining our polls and might just want some comfort in knowing that CD's don't always bloody ruin things... ever thought of that? no? well bloody well start... because we may just want ONE thing to ourselves.... and yeah, you could say I'm pretty much pissed off with it :thumbsdn:

docrobbysherry
10-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Ema, what a thoughtful and deep post. As u said, I have no one outside of the online CD sites, that I can discuss my CDing with. Beyond that, I've learned something else from your message. Some people turn and twist the original threads, so that it moves in a direction they want it to take. I may have done that. From now on, I'll start me own threads. And I also may have entered flippant remarks into an otherwise serious discussion. I'll try to be more sensitive from now on. Thank u for your post!
RS

myspace.com/robertsherry

Kieron Andrew
10-16-2007, 11:23 AM
It's called an analogy hon, and it is a very valid way of making a point.

Thanks Holly for stepping and answering ive been out all day so was unable to answer but this is exactly what i was gonna say

Julie York
10-16-2007, 11:26 AM
What if someone is new to the forum and doesn't know what a Genuine Geazer is? Or a Manic Transexual Fairy? Or a Fetish Transvestite Maniac?

It would be easy to make a genuine mistake in your first week or two.

SirTrey
10-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Great thread! You guys have provided a lot of entertainment. Keep that anger flowing! Feel alive!

No one is trying to keep anger flowing....this is ridiculous...the original post asked for ftm's only because it is a unique situation to be female bodied (and therefore, at least in the U.S., it's pretty much a given that female bodied people shave their legs and armpits) but we live as men....Though there are many MtF cd's in here on the just dress but do not feel that they ARE women, WE as transmen, primarily are TS or TG, not CD....Therefore, it is irrelevant to the topic if cd's shave theirs....By asking this question to only the FtM's, we eliminate having to pick through a bunch of irrelevant responses to find the posts that are relevant to the topic, which is do you, as a MAN, shave your legs and armpits....Why is it such a problem for us to have a thread or two that relates to our unique situations and problems?? We are the minority here by far and if all threads include all people, we have to wade through a million responses to get to the ones from our brothers who we really want to hear the answer from....Those like ourselves....I have NO idea why this is such a big problem and why some of you simply cannot understand this.....and we aren't trying to entertain you....we wish you would shut up about it and stay out of the FEW threads that we have going that are unique to US....You heckle in this post about US being angry, but the whole reason you posted this was to try to get a rise out of one or all of us....so who is playing games here? Give it a rest, will ya? **Trey**

Tamara Croft
10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
What if someone is new to the forum and doesn't know what a Genuine Geazer is? Or a Manic Transexual Fairy? Or a Fetish Transvestite Maniac?

It would be easy to make a genuine mistake in your first week or two.Newbies, yes, long standing members no.. there is no excuse Julie and you know how long this has been going on for as well.. How about I remove all the access masks for GG's so we can all join in in the GM forum... would that be ok? or would you feel that violates your threads/posts?

Great thread! You guys have provided a lot of entertainment. Keep that anger flowing! Feel alive!Thanks but I'm not a guy, I'm a woman... and anger, yeah it will keep coming alright as long as people have no respect...

docrobbysherry
10-16-2007, 11:35 AM
for god sake...

It's called an analogy hon, and it is a very valid way of making a point.

Now I get it, an analogy. Like in lit class. Wow, u guys r smart! And funny, too. Thanks for wiseing me up. I feel so embarrassed!
RS

Wendy me
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
new thought we are going to help you people that are doing this look for warnings and infractions ... with a healthy dose of time outs ... this ends now ..... respect or we stop playing this disrespectful little game ...... now.........

LaFem
10-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I know this thread is serious to those involved. I learned a long time ago to stay away from where I am not wanted. I wont post in a FtM thread unless my input is requested.

I have found this thread to be very amusing, even though I'm sure it is not at all humorous to those involved. I see anger, frustration, catty little insults, some disrespect, and short tempers among members at all levels and categories. (we do need labels to get in the right forum, at least!)

This thread was put in a special position, with the plea to please read. I read it, and as far as I know I am free to comment on this.

Nobody may have planned this thread to be entertaining, but the lack of civility in the posts has made it so, at least to me. And I'm just a swishy little TV.

Now back to the thread. I think Tamara's post #39 is about as honest as you can get, she made no effort to conceal her feelings. I'm sure others feel the same when their forum turf is invaded.

I sure miss Amsterdam!

Tamara Croft
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Now back to the thread. I think Tamara's post #39 is about as honest as you can get, she made no effort to conceal her feelings. I'm sure others feel the same when their forum turf is invaded.But my feelings aren't appreciated, that's for sure... I am not allowed to voice my feelings without repurcussions, just because I'm high up there, which imho is wrong... I am a MEMBER first, some people would do well to remember that and just because I am vocal, does not make me a nasty person, I like EVERY OTHER PERSON on this forum is fighting for MY RIGHTS to be heard... being told that I shouldn't have a voice is like me telling CD's they shouldn't be out of their closets...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, now, I AM posting as one of the administrators of this forum, ANYONE, posting in threads that are specifically for certain members of this forum in ANY section is not going to be tollerated anymore, it has become a long standing joke. If you cannot familiarise yourself with the forum rules after being here for 6 months or more, that is your problem and when the staff come down on you for breaking the rules, you have no rights to complain about it. Members that constantly keep posting in threads that have been specifically created for certain members only are going to be removed from the section it is in, no more members are going to be driven away anymore.

Sugar
10-17-2007, 01:01 PM
TC you just keep on being you and keep on doing what you do best:hugs:

yea...still gotta crush on ya:love:

sugar

CaptLex
10-17-2007, 01:51 PM
I haven't commented on this yet 'cause I know I'll just be repeating myself and my words will fall on deaf ears . . . yet again. The ones that get it don't need to be told, and the ones that need to be told still don't get it. Same old story, different day . . . week, month, year. :rolleyes:

But what the hell . . . once more for the cheap seats in the back:

1. Nobody is saying you're trespassing if you're in a section other than MtF. Interaction between MtFs, FtMs, TSs, TGs, GGs, SOs, etc. is not only okay, it's encouraged (as Martha says, "it's a good thing"). :thumbsup: The only thing people are asking for is R E S P E C T . . . come on, you know the song, sing along.

2. In yet another effort to keep things kosher around here, things on the forum were recently split into two photo galleries, two beauty or grooming sections, etc. Now the guys don't have to weed through pages and pages of pics or clothing tips to find responses from the other guys (another good thing). One would think this would help clarify things for those who were previously confused (we even gave 'em different names to make it obvious that they're separate) - i.e., if it's in our photo section (the Rogues Gallery) or our grooming/clothing section (Keeping Up Appearances), then the threads are meant for the guys to post, share, learn, etc., and while questions are welcome from anyone, common sense should tell you that if you're already posting about shaving and hairstyles or posting a pic of your new open-toed heels in one area, there's no reason why there should be another area to do the same. :wall:

Furthermore, it's redundant to have to put "FtM Only" on any question that is clearly in our section. If it's there, it's for us - unless stated otherwise, in which case it would say "all can answer" or words to that effect. For example (as recently happened), if one of the guys asks whether anyone shaves in OUR section, he's obviously asking the other guys. If he wanted to know whether any MtFs shave, he would have posted the question in YOUR section. Savvy? If you don't know which section you're in, wake up, smell the coffee and learn to READ!

3. Last (but not least), for those of you who just hopped off the turnip truck and are still wet behind the ears here . . . stop, look, listen and don't open your traps until you get all the facts. This is not just one incident that people are getting bent out of shape over. This has been going on for YEARS (as Tamara pointed out) and every effort at solving the problem with civility works for a little while, but as we get many new members daily, it eventually fails. So, unless we stop everyone at the door and ask them to wipe their feet on their way in, I don't see an end in sight and frankly it's beyond a nuisance now - it's time to bring out the big guns.

The recent disgraceful treatment of the GG's poll is only the latest example of this stupidity and I for one am glad that infractions will be issued and people will be banned from certain areas if this continues. It's really sad that things have come to this (aren't we all grown-ups?), but it's the only way to keep those that are constantly being pissed on from leaving their friendships and support systems here because of a few illiterates.

The other alternative is to fight fire with fire and start posting stupid threads in your sections that say the same things we get from some of you (only in reverse). You know, stuff like:

"body and facial hair is soooo cool - i'm fascinated watching mine grow everyday"

"well if you don't want your willy, I'll gladly take it - can you throw in some testicles too?"

"why would anyone in their right mind want to have boobs? a flat chest is so much neater - you girls don't know what you're missing"

You get the idea . . . don't make me have to go over there and do it, 'cause you can be sure I'd enjoy it. :devil:

SirTrey
10-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I haven't commented on this yet 'cause I know I'll just be repeating myself and my words will fall on deaf ears . . . yet again. The ones that get it don't need to be told, and the ones that need to be told still don't get it. Same old story, different day . . . week, month, year. :rolleyes:

But what the hell . . . once more for the cheap seats in the back:

1. Nobody is saying you're trespassing if you're in a section other than MtF. Interaction between MtFs, FtMs, TSs, TGs, GGs, SOs, etc. is not only okay, it's encouraged (as Martha says, "it's a good thing"). :thumbsup: The only thing people are asking for is R E S P E C T . . . come on, you know the song, sing along.

2. In yet another effort to keep things kosher around here, things on the forum were recently split into two photo galleries, two beauty or grooming sections, etc. Now the guys don't have to weed through pages and pages of pics or clothing tips to find responses from the other guys (another good thing). One would think this would help clarify things for those who were previously confused (we even gave 'em different names to make it obvious that they're separate) - i.e., if it's in our photo section (the Rogues Gallery) or our grooming/clothing section (Keeping Up Appearances), then the threads are meant for the guys to post, share, learn, etc., and while questions are welcome from anyone, common sense should tell you that if you're already posting about shaving and hairstyles or posting a pic of your new open-toed heels in one area, there's no reason why there should be another area to do the same. :wall:

Furthermore, it's redundant to have to put "FtM Only" on any question that is clearly in our section. If it's there, it's for us - unless stated otherwise, in which case it would say "all can answer" or words to that effect. For example (as recently happened), if one of the guys asks whether anyone shaves in OUR section, he's obviously asking the other guys. If he wanted to know whether any MtFs shave, he would have posted the question in YOUR section. Savvy? If you don't know which section you're in, wake up, smell the coffee and learn to READ!

3. Last (but not least), for those of you who just hopped off the turnip truck and are still wet behind the ears here . . . stop, look, listen and don't open your traps until you get all the facts. This is not just one incident that people are getting bent out of shape over. This has been going on for YEARS (as Tamara pointed out) and every effort at solving the problem with civility works for a little while, but as we get many new members daily, it eventually fails. So, unless we stop everyone at the door and ask them to wipe their feet on their way in, I don't see an end in sight and frankly it's beyond a nuisance now - it's time to bring out the big guns.

The recent disgraceful treatment of the GG's poll is only the latest example of this stupidity and I for one am glad that infractions will be issued and people will be banned from certain areas if this continues. It's really sad that things have come to this (aren't we all grown-ups?), but it's the only way to keep those that are constantly being pissed on from leaving their friendships and support systems here because of a few illiterates.

The other alternative is to fight fire with fire and start posting stupid threads in your sections that say the same things we get from some of you (only in reverse). You know, stuff like:

"body and facial hair is soooo cool - i'm fascinated watching mine grow everyday"

"well if you don't want your willy, I'll gladly take it - can you throw in some testicles too?"

"why would anyone in their right mind want to have boobs? a flat chest is so much neater - you girls don't know what you're missing"

You get the idea . . . don't make me have to go over there and do it, 'cause you can be sure I'd enjoy it. :devil:

And THIS is why HE is the Captain......Kudos, man.....Right there with you!!

Kate Simmons
10-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Captain Lex said it all and in a nice way too. Don't forget, he's the man with the yardarm and the plank. Works for me.:happy:

Ema1234 GG
10-18-2007, 07:41 PM
CaptLex, you really are the man! :thumbsup:

Julie York
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I might have misunderstood this but am I right in thinking.....

Posts in the MtF section are for anyone to answer unless someone states otherwise. (And why would they now there is an Ask a GG section. I mean "Loved Ones" section.)

But Posts in the Loved Ones section are for anyone to answer UNLESS someone says they want only a portion of the forum to answer.

Whereas posts in the Transmen section are ONLY for FtM to answer.....UNLESS they state otherwise?

I think that's where your problem lies.

Sharon
10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
I might have misunderstood this but am I right in thinking.....

Posts in the MtF section are for anyone to answer unless someone states otherwise. (And why would they now there is an Ask a GG section. I mean "Loved Ones" section.)

But Posts in the Loved Ones section are for anyone to answer UNLESS someone says they want only a portion of the forum to answer.

Whereas posts in the Transmen section are ONLY for FtM to answer.....UNLESS they state otherwise?

I think that's where your problem lies.

All public areas of the forum are open for anyone to post to, unless it is stated otherwise in an individual thread.

Julie York
10-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Furthermore, it's redundant to have to put "FtM Only" on any question that is clearly in our section. If it's there, it's for us - unless stated otherwise:

I refer the honerable lady to the quote above.

Sharon
10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I refer the honerable lady to the quote above.

Just telling you the way it is.

docrobbysherry
10-20-2007, 06:55 PM
U mean I can actually go to the other sections of this site? I didn't know that until now. Thanks for the info. Now, u never know where my stupid posts will show up next!
RS

Albtraum
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
First of all, I was approved to post in this forum. When I see a _____ only, I stay out. I'm a straight guy who was invited by a friend to join this site to ask questions, answer questions and just learn from you all.

I have gay/lesbian/bisexual family and friends. I've never really understood the T in GLBT, my friend is a T and trusts that I'm not here to harass or intrude on anyone's privacy.

If I step on toes, it's due to ignorance and unintentional. The only known cure for ignorance is education. But you can't cure stupid:heehee: or so I'm told:eek:

I don't think I've committed the crime, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it, if so, I apologize. In the interests of peace, maybe a PM to the person who transgresses, or ask the mods to do it for you? I know they're busy because this is one of the nicest forums I've been on. But one cautionary note from a mod ought to do it and save more trouble down the line.

:2c:

Tamera
11-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Through my LATEST EXPERIENCES I can see why questions can be directed to certain groups Re: M2F, F2M, GG, etc. Expecially if you are looking for knowledge from a certain group.

And yes do to my lack of reading. I have made mistakes. And posted where I should not have. This was not intentional. And I have taken out the response when it was pointed out to me and apologized.
Hugs,
Tamera

charllote34
11-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I dont understand why anyone cant stick to the rules , i have no inclination to post in any other forums but the ones i use MtF why would i want to post in fTm? i spend most of the week male!!!!!!!!!!!! PS captains can be female as well as male and dont let the wig fool you boys theres still a man in here !!:tongueout:hugs:

Tamara Croft
11-02-2007, 05:46 PM
why would i want to post in fTm? i spend most of the week male!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't you think that is besides the actual point? FTM's need support as well you know, they just want other members to butt out of their polls and threads that state they want only FTM answers.

I've come to the conclusion it really must be rocket science reading a thread title or the full post, because it's never ending and you know what's really bad about it? it's only the MTF's actually doing this, posting in threads and polls they haven't been asked to participate in. :thumbsdn: and yes I know this for a fact!!!

Wendy me
11-02-2007, 06:01 PM
point here is respect like i said before now we have to fix this problem if the thread or poll is directed at only one group and your not that group stay out....... as a Admin. here i see this as point out disrespect .... people are upset here ... and before you go saying the GG'S or the GUY'S think about this ..... "MEMBERS HERE ARE BEING DISRESPECTED" gender or title are secondary ..... as we are all members here .... and "EVERY MEMBER HERE DISSEVERS RESPECT " it's high time we thought like this...

this forum belongs to us all .... we should and will show every member here the respect due them .... i would hate to see members here getting "BANED" for not doing so ... i want to come up with a plan to aggressively target the "PEOPLE" that are doing this...

for most of the members here that pay each other respect thank you ....

charllote34
11-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Anyone that wants my help Mtf ofr Ftm i am more than happy to offer my time and support to them , i love this site and wouldnt want to break any rules that was basically my point ,:hugs:

Kieron Andrew
11-03-2007, 03:54 AM
i want to come up with a plan to aggressively target the "PEOPLE" that are doing this...

Throw infractions at them

why would i want to post in FtM?

this is the same type of comment that has been pissing me off for months, the reasons we want people to post on our threads when NOT FtM ONLY is because we need support, encouragement and interaction too in this community just as much as any other person here be them MtF or GG or whatever, we have issues too that need supporting by others so it would be nice if we were actually to receive that support and encouragement a bit more by others on this forum, rather than between ourselves & not left to feel we are in it alone....this forum can feel very isolating for an FtM at times

as for post on threads that require a specific group only answers, we have done this topic to death and quite frankly it really is starting to get right on my nerves, that yet another poll was ruined in FtM cos MtFs couldnt read and be respectful, we dont post in your MtF only polls and posts so why do some feel the need to post in ours, greedy, selfish and disrespectful if you ask me....

Wendy me
11-03-2007, 04:49 AM
don't believe Throwing infractions at them... is the answer .... hang in there trust me the staff are working on this .....

charllote34
11-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Dear friends

I am being taken out of context , the only reason i dont post in any over forums is because i really dont want to break the rules , if i am invited i will offer my support. I am a very caring person and i will help ANYONE i offer my support to all ,please dont take bits of what i say and think they mean something bad , if you invite me to your forums i will come happily
hugs Charllote xxx

RobertaFermina
12-19-2007, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=Tamara Croft;1044436]Might I suggest you read the thread in question before spouting off what is and isn't more important in life, because you'll find you are wrong on so many levels.[\QUOTE]

I'm gonna cop to being an AirHead much of the time.

I read a Post Topic that interests me.
I even read the first post for what interests me, get excited about it, and COMPLETELY MISS the Exclusion (or limited Inclusion) of Response Message.....Cause, at an unconscious level..which is how I rapidly scan literature...It doesn't interest me.

I'm not willfully or stupidly ignoring your requests. I ignore them because I DO NOT SEE THEM even when they are right in front of me.

Ever look for something in the Fridge, and can't find it....then your someone else walks up and picks it out from right in front of your eyes.

My feeling is that some of us get so worked up about what happens when an uninvited or disinvited post shows up, that we ASSUME that it MUST BE intentional and insulting.

Sometimes, it just is.

Ask before shooting, please !

Also, what about the simple process of warning someone of an uninvited posting, and applying for a reprimand if the poster ignores. Use a PM, so the Admin can tell if the "offender" read the PM prior to the second offense. After several reprimands, the Admin can do what Admins do in such cases.

The Smilies get my Vote.

Also there are the icons that appear to the left of a thread title, when we select them upon creation of the thread. Add some Exclusive icons to that bunch.

Better Still (Yes I AM as Software Engineer!) modify the board so that a poster from an excluded category CANNOT actually post to a thread which is icon-identified as requesting limited response. This is a mechanical and foolproof means of preventing accidental, and much intentional "spoiling" of threads.

It isn't a civil, or polite method, but we seem to beyond such means. As the responses, while very Real and Heartfelt, often bruise the bounds of civility.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Tamara Croft
12-23-2007, 07:34 AM
There's far to much staff bashing going on in this thread, so I'm closing it. Feel free to PM me if you have an issue with me closing it, or any other issue, but you are NOT doing it in this open section!