PDA

View Full Version : comments by sales clerks

occdresser
10-16-2007, 06:03 AM
I finally got a chance to dress on this past saturday and I went to the local convient store, I bought some panty hose,nail polish remover&nail polish. I felt kind of uneasy to begin with, then I got to the checkout and the older lady made a comment-are you doing up your nails real pretty and I just said yup and left it at that.what would you have told her, oh yeah I was in guy mode when I bought the stuff. If anybody is interested I took a few pictures and couldnt post them on here but I did get one on my profile, so if anybody is interested it is there.

MsJanessa
10-16-2007, 06:09 AM
just do what I do---look at her sweetly, smile, and say "yes"

Phyliss
10-16-2007, 06:43 AM
... lady made a comment-are you doing up your nails real pretty and I just said yup and left it at that.what would you have told her,......

"Why, yes I am,..... do you think the color suits me? "

Karren H
10-16-2007, 06:52 AM
LOL.... one my last business trip I bought a pink Steelers cap and a pink Steelers jersey and the SA's said..... "Someone is going to look pretty in pink".... and I replied.. "Why thanks... pink's my favorite color"... The look on her face was like I shot her in the heart.... hahahahaha Worth every penny of that over priced No 7 Ben Rothlessberger jersey!! heheeh

christid66
10-16-2007, 07:16 AM
The look on her face was like I shot her in the heart

Karen, maybe because she was a Bengals fan?:heehee:

Suzie Green
10-16-2007, 08:18 AM
LOL.... one my last business trip I bought a pink Steelers cap and a pink Steelers jersey and the SA's said..... "Someone is going to look pretty in pink".... and I replied.. "Why thanks... pink's my favorite color"... The look on her face was like I shot her in the heart.... hahahahaha Worth every penny of that over priced No 7 Ben Rothlessberger jersey!! heheeh

She probably has a crush on Tom Brady and was just mortified that you didn't as well! :tongueout

GO PATS!

occdresser
10-16-2007, 04:25 PM

very good I'll have to remember that one:2c:

Sinthia
10-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Phyllis . . . I hadn't thought of your comment . . . 'does that color suit me' . . . but that is good. It would be hard for the SA to give a negative response to that. Asking her for her opinion.

gretchenD
10-18-2007, 10:51 AM
I have recieved great coment by sales clerks.A sales clerk made a comment on a pair of my hoop earrings on Saturday saying I am wearing great pair of earrings and likes them.I told her where to get them.

Mitch23
10-18-2007, 02:15 PM
I've had compliments on my makeup, my hair, my 'look'. I am getting to know quite a few of the SAs quite well now and regard them as friends

mitch

Melinda Lou
10-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I did have a clerk ask me once if some panties I was buying were for my daughter. I said sure, but somehow I don't think she believed me. :blushing:

Sheri 4242
10-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Like Karren and Phyliss, I will toss it back to them, usually with some humor and always with a smile. Sometimes things will take interesting twists and turns! I was at a Gap store in Atlanta a few years back and had just picked out a really pretty skirt when a SA approached me and asked if she could help me pick out some nice tops "for my wife" that would go well with the skirt. I chuckled and asked her what made her think the skirt wasn't for me! She chuckled back and asked could, then, she help me pick out some tops for me. With her very able assitance, I ended up buying three times what I had planned -- made her day and mine (albeit with a thinner wallet), but it was a "great fun" shopping experience. :D