PDA

View Full Version : Just Venting

Krystenw
10-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Most of you know I have been dressing pretty much full time for a while now.

We needed to go shopping for some more things for the house. We’re remodeling and putting in a new bathroom and laundry room.

We decided to go to Lowe’s, and I tell ya I’m never going back again.
I don’t know if it was because I had on a skirt or I was wearing the wrong shade of lipstick. They were jerks.
They never said anything about my appearance but it took them 45 minutes to find the shower surround that I wanted and when they did find one it was broken. They did offer to give me 10% off. Talk about giving me a break.

We left there and went to the Mall and had Chinese at the food court and so I could calm down some and use the restroom. They have several family rooms there.

From there we went to Home Depot and was able to purchase what we wanted and they even loaded it in the truck for us.

Now if I could just get them to come and unload the Sheetrock.
Krysten

Lovely Rita
10-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I won't be shopping at Lowe's any time soon. You look wonderful and glad to know you are doing your thing irregardless of the jerks. Jerks are everywhere, sorry you had a bad time at Lowe's.

Karren H
10-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Its not the way you were dressed.. I went there and I typically love Lowes over HomeDepot.. And ordered some ceramic tile.. Too half an hour.. Kept messing it up and then gave me a 20% discount which dropped me below $100 so they automatically tacked on a $25 surcharge which made it more expensive that without the discount.. So made them kill the order and start all over and sell it to me at list.. Jeeeezzzz.. This isn't rocket science ya know!! And I didn't even wear a skirt!! Hahahahaha

JenniferMBlack
10-16-2007, 06:09 PM
As an employee of Lowe's I will say it wasn't the skirt. But rather the highly incompetent poeple they tend to hire. As for the one they had being broken again not a surprise, the quality of there products leaves alot to be desired. And they wonder why sales are down.

SandyR
10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
We have had much better luck at Depot, but Lowes carried the kick boards we needed for the kitchen, so we sucked it up and bought them there, no problems. I guess it could go either way.

SandyR

Sharon
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I go to Lowe's rather frequently and never had a problem. If anyone had a problem with you, I'm sure it was the individual SA and not a company policy. Perhaps you would be doing the company a favor by telling them how you were treated.

Casandra Carrington
10-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Krysten...it just sounds to me like it was just a misfortunate runin with a idiot and it had nothing to do with you or the way you were dressed...you look great...and you were right to take your needs to home depot I would have done the same thing the thing about me though is I have a mouth on me and I would have been screaming it all the way out the door...:D

sterling12
10-16-2007, 09:39 PM
I've noticed something interesting, at least it seems to be true down here in Florida. Home Depot seems to be building a lot of stores right across the street from The Lowe's Store. Apparently, they want us to compare and they think they will win! I don't know, maybe Lowe's is doing the same thing and I just haven't noticed. Obviously, as consumers we should give them what they want, comparison shopping!

So, even though you had to go to HD to get your problem taken care of, next time the drive might not be very far at all.

Whether we are en femme or not, as consumers we should never tolerate lousy service and bad employees. If more of us let them know....and loudly, if more of us used an opinion survey that consisted of walking out the door, I just bet a lot of the crap would cease!

Peace and Love, Joanie

trannie T
10-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I shop at both Lowe's and Home Depot always in drab, sometimes you get good service, sometimes you don't. They are so concerned with keeping costs down that customer service suffers.

Charolette time
10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Home depot over lowes, Hope you wore gloves to unload the sheetrock, hate to hear you broke a fingernail, Hugs Charolette

Teddie
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
HD over Lowe's hands down. Better products. Better staff.