PDA

View Full Version : How to Sound Female on the Phone

Jamie001
10-16-2007, 06:10 PM
For once, I would love to sound female on the phone so I don't get called "Sir". I consider myself to be more female than male and therfore would like to sound like a woman on the phone. I have tried a lot of different things but still always get called "Sir". I hate it!! :Angry3:

I don't have a low voice and in fact, a lot of women like Janet Reno have a lower voice than me, but I still get called "Sir". Can anyone point me to a thread or website that will help? I am really looking for "one-stop shopping" regarding this topic and really prefer not to read all of the threads that have been posted on this forum. If you have a good website or a good thread on this forum, I would really like to read it.

:hugs: Jamie

GypsyKaren
10-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Try this...here (http://www.annelawrence.com/speechindex.html)

Karen Starlene

MJ
10-16-2007, 06:32 PM
me too don't you hate that .... :rolleyes:

Michelle S
10-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Try introducing yourself when you call: "Hi, I am Linda Smith and I have a question about one of your items on sale."

wannabie
10-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Try the technology route to change your voice (http://www.spyville.com/voicechangers.html)

"Mary"
10-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Reviewing some of these links - I found three tips particularly useful - Range your voice as when you sing (higher and more melodically), partially open your glotis (notice the difference when you say "hhhhhhaaaaaay" or between "sssss" and "zzzzz". Speak softly.

The free software sounds interesting, but may be tricky.

Other practical tips/experience or "pearls of wisdom"?

Diana

xxx.sabrina
10-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Breathe softly and don't use your guttoral voice... try a light whisper. When you enunciate heavily and talk loudly, you engage your vocal cords and it comes across as manly. Speak softly and slow your speech down a bit. Slower speech comes across as less aggressive and more feminine. I have successfully called old friends who have known me for 20+ years and fooled them into thinking that I was a hot broad! ... best of all, they don't even know that I actually am a hot broad part of the time! ;-)

JoAnnDallas
10-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I was told by a speach theropist that deals with transsexuals, that passing as female on the telephone was when she knew her clients were going to be OK. She told me that we do sound different in person and on the phone. Where we may sound 100% fem in person, on the phone we will still sound male.
So just remember once you get where people think of you as a female on the phone, you will have down pat all the way.

Karren H
10-17-2007, 02:56 PM
The easiest way I know is to go out to the garage and get a set of vicegrips.. And pull your panties down and latch on to those puppys... After you stop winching from the pain your voice will be a couple octives higher for sure.. Always worked for me.. But have never gone out enfemme that way because I haven't figured how to tuck the vicegrips..... Yet!! :D. Hahahaha

Charolette time
10-17-2007, 03:17 PM
For once, I would love to sound female on the phone so I don't get called "Sir". I consider myself to be more female than male and therfore would like to sound like a woman on the phone. I have tried a lot of different things but still always get called "Sir". I hate it!! :Angry3:

I don't have a low voice and in fact, a lot of women like Janet Reno have a lower voice than me, but I still get called "Sir". Can anyone point me to a thread or website that will help? I am really looking for "one-stop shopping" regarding this topic and really prefer not to read all of the threads that have been posted on this forum. If you have a good website or a good thread on this forum, I would really like to read it.

:hugs: Jamie

A lot of the times when recieving callls they are more than likely calling from a list and it has your (dude) name so when you answer its a surprise to them , I answer the phone in a soft voice saying hellooo, whos calling, and if I dont know them I start having fun with them, ask them all kinds of questions, tell them Im wearing ladies clothes and just drive them nuts, try it some time its loads of fun:devil::devil::love:Charolette

jackie_p
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
The easiest way I know is to go out to the garage and get a set of vicegrips.. And pull your panties down and latch on to those puppys... After you stop winching from the pain your voice will be a couple octives higher for sure.. Always worked for me.. But have never gone out enfemme that way because I haven't figured how to tuck the vicegrips..... Yet!! :D. Hahahaha

Makes me wince in pain just thinking about it!

LOL

Karren H
10-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Makes me wince in pain just thinking about it!

LOL

Yea but did your voice get higher? If it did then we might be able to turn this into a visualization technique!! Hehehhe. "Aheeeemmmmm........ Be one with the ViceGrips.... .......... :D

No one ever said being a woman was an easy prosess... And probably less painful than childbirth.. Though not by much!! Lol

jackie_p
10-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Yea but did your voice get higher? If it did then we might be able to turn this into a visualization thing!! Hehehhe. "Be one with the ViceGrips.... .......... :D

See the Vice Grips....Be the Vice Grips....FEEL the Vice Grips..... Sounds
a bit Zen even. I Like!:D

Charolette time
10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Did you buy the vice grips at Sears, you know there return policy, no Questions asked, ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Hugs and Grips Charolette

Tasha T
10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I guess for me I don't even have to try because most of the people I talk to on the phone think I'm female anyway. Before I was dressing I tried doing a telemarketing job and was calling states like Texas and nearly every phone call ended with, "Sorry ma'am, but we don't need any." It embarrassed me so much I quit after only four hours. Nowadays if I DON'T want to be mistaken for a woman I deepen my voice and act tough. I feel like an idiot, but it works.

Rachel Morley
10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
My voice is not "that" feminine but it's not deep and booming either. I can make it softer and lighter by exhaling a little as I speak. Try this: Say out loud in your normal regular male voice "hello my name is <insert your guy name here>"

Then take a moderately deep breath and then in a slightly higher pitch (not too high) as you exhale and at the same time, say "hello my name is <insert your femme name here>"

Is there a difference? Does it sound more femme? For me it does :D I still have a ways to go with resonance and inflection but I'm trying :happy:

ElaineB
10-18-2007, 10:10 PM
A lot of the times when recieving callls they are more than likely calling from a list and it has your (dude) name so when you answer its a surprise to them , I answer the phone in a soft voice saying hellooo, whos calling, and if I dont know them I start having fun with them, ask them all kinds of questions, tell them Im wearing ladies clothes and just drive them nuts, try it some time its loads of fun:devil::devil::love:Charolette

This might be the only thing telemarketers are good for!

Jere Oneil
10-23-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm not really interested in sounding female on the phone, but I regularily get called,, ma'am or miss on the ohone. I often wonder if the callers have some way of seeing the skirt and lingerie I'm wearing or something

alysonatl
10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
To practice my female voice, I would call department stores and ask for the millinery department, or foundations department and ask if they carried certain things. Or, if I knew someone getting married, I'd call the bridal registry and talk about wedding gifts. Some times, if the clerk wasn't busy, we'd chat about dresses or things.

Saying I wanted to get my husband a turntable for his "special birthday," I called up antique shops and usually got a woman and made remarks about men and "their record collections" which got them going. I got into a particularly long talk with a woman who was a reluctant transferee to the South how difficult it was to make women friends. We talked about shopping, kids and our husbands. She invited me to have lunch with her, but I didn't think I could pull off the masquerade face to face.

I've had several experiences where when I introduced myself as a woman, I could feel a barrier breaking down. The voice thing became secondary to the conversation. When I got into the girl-to-girl speaking mode, it was more important to use thr correct words and voice modualtiosn that to have a perfect high-pitched voice.

Billijo49504
10-24-2007, 01:13 AM
Gee Karen, I thought you hockey players used the flying puck, to put the pucker in your life. A puck is an accident, but VICE GRIPS are self mutilation...BJ

tiffanythecd2001
11-10-2007, 07:23 AM
:DThis worked for me, but i bought a answering machine,got home plug it in and allready had female voice on it, so i left it, next i went to e - bay, put in spy phone in search box, came up with phone that with a swicth under it, can change from male to women voices , pretty neet phone, hopes this helps ,and the phone was only $29 dollers highest bid and he had a reserve and i didnt meet it so ill try latter,Tiffany.:heehee:

Carroll
11-10-2007, 08:10 AM
I am called ma'am 90% of the time on the phone, so its no biggy for me