PDA

View Full Version : Change rooms, showers, saunas etc. while transitioning or being in-between

TG-Taru
10-17-2007, 03:23 AM
Was wondering how people handle places where you need to be naked around others. Easy enough before starting hormones or other body modification or after full transition, but how to handle being in between? Just not go? Hide and cover? Just do it? At which point change assigned rooms? Seen a few stories about pre-ops causing a stir. And what about non-ops?

GypsyKaren
10-17-2007, 03:38 AM
I think that this is an area where the laws of common sense have to prevail, which means you stay out if you're anything less than a post-op. The only thing I feel that can be gained by pushing the issue is a lot of trouble and ill will, all for something that to me really isn't all that important, I manage to get through each day quite well without getting naked in front of strangers.

Karen Starlene

Sonia Kiss
10-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Was wondering how people handle places where you need to be naked around others. Easy enough before starting hormones or other body modification or after full transition, but how to handle being in between? Just not go? Hide and cover? Just do it? At which point change assigned rooms? Seen a few stories about pre-ops causing a stir. And what about non-ops?

Hello Taru,

Hide and cover for now. I went full time this last spring, and had to think about this problem at the club where I go sailing. We have restrooms with a changing area and a one-person shower. For changing clothes, it seemed enough to kind of face away from anyone else in the room. If I had to mess with my wig, I always went in a stall and closed the door. The shower, I never ended up using this summer, but I think it wouldn't have been a problem since it's a single person shower.

I have to confess that I didn't even think about this problem until I ran into it the first time. I went there one afternoon after work, wanted to change out of my nice top that I wore to work and into a tee shirt or something for the boat. I walked in the changing room and there were two other women changing clothes there. As I started to pull off my top, I thought it would be best if they didn't see my breast forms and so I just kind of turned away from them. That got me through that moment, but later I thought long and hard about it. I think most women would be caught off guard at the sight of breast forms, a bald head, or certain other body parts, and would be startled to say the least. In the interest of not causing distress, I'm happy to try to keep them from seeing these sights. And yet, these changing rooms, the way they are, are the facilities that this club provides. I'm allowed to be there, and so I use them.

Sonia

AmberTG
10-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Not only that, but if there are other women in the changing room, their privacy is the big question. I think a TG person would cause more problems for themself because the GGs wouldn't want their privacy invaded by someone with the "wrong equipment" Presentation doesn't work very well when you're naked.

Vivian Best
10-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Was wondering how people handle places where you need to be naked around others.

At this stage I don't want to be naked in front of them any more than they want to be naked in front of me. Modesty and privacy is the best rule until post-op for me!

CaptLex
10-17-2007, 04:08 PM
This is why I had to quit the gym and won't be able to return for a while. Man, I miss it. :sad:

Sharon
10-17-2007, 04:18 PM
I never felt comfortable about letting anyone see me naked with a male body, so there has been no change at all for me in this regard. I'm not sure, to be honest, whether I will change after the SRS, since it is so engrained in me to be private.

I have also never encountered a public changing area, in that I didn't have a private stall. I imagine I would either turn my back or leave if presented with this predictament.

Stephenie S
10-20-2007, 09:28 PM
For goodness sake, hon, why would you want to be naked in front of anyone else?

I use the lady's room but don't take off any clothes until I am in the stall. Unless I am just peeing, and then don't take off any clothes at all, just pull down my panties. I remember locker rooms in high school where we all got naked, but I thought that was just the guys. My GF told me that they had stalls for the girls in the girls locker room.

Anyway, I don't get naked in front of anyone if I can help it. Perhaps my doctor, but he always provides a gown. So I guess this hasn't been a problem for me.

Lovies,
Stephenie