PDA

View Full Version : my going out

gail price
10-17-2007, 03:53 AM
It was interesting to read debDs bit about going out. I go out almost every time I put a frock on. I used to be shy about it, but now i go out so often it feels natrual. Yes of course i get a few glances and double looks, the teenage girls comming out of school having a laugh. But hey this is what i want to do.

I like to read more about your first time out.:happy:

Kate Simmons
10-17-2007, 04:16 AM
Good for you Gail, enjoy being yourself. Teenage girls seem to particularly get a kick out of this for whatever reason. Never figured that one out. Cheap thrill I guess. Anyway, on my first time out I was going to a TG meeting. I encountered several people in the process asking directions and such. I got several comments referring to me as a woman behind my back but probably got just as many negative ones but didn't pay much attention really as I had a purpose for what I was doing. When I finally did find the meeting place, I was welcomed and had a great time. Overall, a nice experience, despite the deadbeats.:happy:

JoAnnDallas
10-17-2007, 12:59 PM
My first public outing was when I attended HEF2006 last year. I was sitting in the SUV all dressed, staring at the Hotel entrance. I said to myself, "other CDers are in the hotel, it IS a CD convention, so it's not like no one knows". I took a deep breath, got out of the SUV, locked it, and walked to the entrance. Yes I was a little scared, but just as I got to the entrance, this gentleman came out, held the door for me and said, "Morning Mam". I smiled and entered the Hotel. At the same moment all my fears just drained away. I have not looked back sense that weekend.