PDA

View Full Version : my little quirks are spreading, at work

wilma
03-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Hi girls, had an interesting situation evolve at work this week, can you relate? I work in the mans world of construction but there are some parts of Wilma that go to work. I, Wilma, insist on taking care of my nails. On the weekend they are all dressed up in brilliant collors but during the work week I keep a clear polish on them to keep them protected. A female customer I was dealing with complemented me on how nice I kept my nails. I was with a coworker at the time and felt I had to make some excuse so I told the customer that I was tired of my nails breaking all the time so I use a nail hardner on them. My coworker later said he was having trouble with his nails also, so I told him about the polish in a manly kind of way and he said he would have to try it. To my suprise the next day he came to work with his nails all done up in a clear polish. He made a point to tell me he thought it really helped. I think next week I'll tell him a nice light shade of lip gloss will stop chapped lips. By the way I really got a nice high from the complement about my nails, made me feel real fem. LOL Wilma

Tristen Cox
03-31-2005, 12:25 AM
Kewl Making friends there huh. Do you get a raise for helping everyone? A bonus? No aye? :D

DonnaT
03-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Good for you Wilma. I've had my toe and finger nails painted in OPI's "Pink-ing of you" all week at the gym and at work, and I don't think anyone has noticed.

Rikki
03-31-2005, 12:49 AM
Way to go Wilma, nice come back. I wouldn't know what tosay when confronted.

Rikki

Priscilla1018
03-31-2005, 12:07 PM
I would love to have nails but,as someone who loves to garden and hates to wear gloves, it would be too much bother.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla