PDA

View Full Version : Any advice about telling my beautician?

Amanda Shaft
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I’m going on a long weekend en femme to Blackpool in a couple of weeks. In preparation for this I’ve been going for electrolysis for some months now. My electrolysis lady has never asked me why I was having it done, but she has seen me turn up in shorts showing my shaved legs, will have seen my long finger nails, and she pierced my ears for me! So I’m guessing she’s guessed! Even so there is some way from guessing to having something confirmed. I was wondering if should I ask her to do me a full make over before setting off for Blackpool, that would mean telling her outright and as I’d need to leave her establishment dressed, letting her see me! Do you think there is some sort of confidentiality thing that goes on between beauticians and there clients? Do you think it might spoil my relationship with her for future work? Should I just stop being a silly tart and just do it?
Amanda

Tamara Croft
10-17-2007, 11:58 AM
As a Beauty Therapist myself, I can honestly say that money comes first :p However, if you have a really good rapport with her, you might want to talk to her about it first, not just drop the bombshell on her. She might already know if you already go there with shave legs, the nails etc.. but some people don't actually twig until you tell them... then comes that... ah.. now it makes sense... If you are a good client and you spend a fair bit there, I can't see her wanting to lose that kind of money ;) Good luck :hugs:

DonnaT
10-17-2007, 12:06 PM
I agree, when you set the appointment up, you'll need to tell her what all you want done. So you can ask if she can help you out, and see how she feels. More than likely she'll have no problem doing a makeover for you.

Kristen Kelly
10-17-2007, 12:07 PM
I told mine and she didn't even bat an eye. I wanted a longer more femine cut and I told her and then showed her a picture of me in my wig how I would like my hair, she told me a way she could cut it if I left bangs in front and pushed rest back would look more feminine and in drab, part it more in the center and sweep it sideways. Like you I have my ears pierced wear women's jeans into salon and have a very good repore with her. If I feared telling her I wouldn't have for she only lives a block from my home.

Deborah_UK
10-17-2007, 03:40 PM
My beautician didn't have a clue, she waxed my chest and back for a couple of years, tidied up my eyebrows. We became friends over the time she worked on/with me, during our sessions we chatted at length over my problems, her problems - she also knows my partner.

Anyway one day, when things were rough between me and my partner I was moaning on, but didn't want her to think it was my partner's fault, so I said several times that it wasn't black and white, but I really couldn't go any further. Anyway she said I was worrying her because of the conversation - eventually she started guessing -and she said - "is it because you want to be a woman?",

Now I know a lot on here will say - she knew - but with all the conversations I've had with her - she didn't. But once I said yes, then the scales fell from her eyes, and it all fell into place.

Since then she has been fantastic, not that she wasn't before - its just now when she does my eyebrows they are feminine, not thinned out blokes ones.

So Amanda - I'd say, wholeheartedly - tell her (but tell your partner/wife that you are going to tell her - thereby hangs another less favourable story)

trannie T
10-17-2007, 07:47 PM
I really doubt that she'll even bat an eye.

Niya W
10-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Well the fun is when you go to a new place.

The first time I went into get silk wrap; I asked for a silk wrap. SHe said you mean manicure, No I mean silk wrap. She kind of freak and said ok.

Lets take today. I stopped in this place to get a manicure during lunch. She looks at my nails and say oh those are long for a guy. I giggle and said they are usually longer. She paused for a seconded when she saw the residue of nail polish. I'm sure she new the deal or thought I was queen cause she said I have nice small womens hands.

Rachel Morley
10-17-2007, 10:04 PM
When I lived in England 5 years ago I used to go to a beauty salon to a have full leg wax, a chest wax, facials and massages. I used to spend quite a bit of money there each month. :p

The woman who used to work on me knew a couple of my GG friends who were also her clients and so we ended up being friends in the sense that we would chat about each other's lives and if I ever saw her out I would chat with her and buy her a drink etc. (this happened - meeting in a club or bar - 3 times in 2 years) Anyway, one time at a waxing session I asked her if she would pluck my eyebrows thinner and more shaped for me. She said: "well I can, but guys don't have thin eyebrows and so it will make you look more feminine. Is this what you want?" Of course I said yes. She did it but she was really cautious about doing too much and so I told her that I wanted it even thinner please she said "oh I get it, you actually want me to pluck your eyebrows really thin, like a woman's". I got all embarrassed for a moment but guess what? She smiled like she "knew something" but said nothing ans make my eye brows really femme.

After that, we had a different "understanding" between one another :happy:

S. Lisa Smith
10-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Like my hairdresser said, there is nothing that can happen here that wil surprise me. We hear and see it all. Tell her!

Evelyn Smith
10-18-2007, 02:38 AM
I love Blackpool, used to be my favorite place for a holiday when I was growing up.

I've never had electrolysis, but I've been waxed twice. No-one batted an eyelid about why I wanted my chest and back waxed - on the contrary, the beauticians seemed very interested in my reasons and wanted to know more.

Donna and Tamara make good points - talk to your beautician before setting up the appointment, tell her what you hope to achieve, and she'll be able to advise you on what is possible.

Evelyn

maryjanecapri
10-18-2007, 06:29 AM
I’m going on a long weekend en femme to Blackpool in a couple of weeks. In preparation for this I’ve been going for electrolysis for some months now. My electrolysis lady has never asked me why I was having it done, but she has seen me turn up in shorts showing my shaved legs, will have seen my long finger nails, and she pierced my ears for me! So I’m guessing she’s guessed! Even so there is some way from guessing to having something confirmed. I was wondering if should I ask her to do me a full make over before setting off for Blackpool, that would mean telling her outright and as I’d need to leave her establishment dressed, letting her see me! Do you think there is some sort of confidentiality thing that goes on between beauticians and there clients? Do you think it might spoil my relationship with her for future work? Should I just stop being a silly tart and just do it?
Amanda

i'm a hair stylist and i can tell you that i personally would NEVER pass on information from one client to another.

i can not speak for us all but secrets are always safe with me.

Carla Maria
10-18-2007, 06:51 AM
I think you should go ahead and tell her. You have been working up to this point anyway. Go girl!

Emma England
10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
If you tell her, she can give you the exact treatment that you are looking for.

A professional will never disclose business to other clients.