PDA

View Full Version : Urologist and Shaved legs

Katie Moore
10-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Went for my semi annual checkup today with the urologist and was a little concerned because I knew I had to drop the pants and bend over and everything from my neck down is smooth.

Rubber gloves came on with a " i'll have to check you", bend over and in five seconds he's done and never got a funny look or anything else out of normal. Told me the prostate felt fine and to see him in six months.

I am glad that I did with my guy undies though..... Alot easier than I thought it would be.

:love:

Katie

Ðarissa
10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm sure docs have seen a lot of shaven legs before. ;)

Melissa Davis
10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Personally, I feel that being shaved is a preference thing... not necessarily a femme thing.

Robertacd
10-17-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm sure docs have seen a lot of shaven legs before. ;)

Exactly, and I am sure a urologist has seen much stranger things than shaved legs.

Like piercings...:eek:

trannie T
10-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Medical professionals have more important things to be concerned about. As Roberta posted compared with other things they see shaved legs are pretty tame.

Karren H
10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
LOL.... I assume that after sticking his finger in peoples butts all day that he could care less if you had no hair or even purple pubic hair.... I strip down in front of my whole ice hockey team every week and no one has ever said a thing about my completely hairless body... As long as I put the puck in the net... lol

DianaGomez
10-17-2007, 07:46 PM
There are a lot, but I mean a lot of guys nowdays (especially the with it 20-30's crowd) who are totally shaven around privates and often legs too. No big deal, honestly!

Melinda G
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Back in June, I had a prostate problem, and couldn't pee. Went into the Urgent Care Clinic, at the VA hospital. I had shaved smooth, maybe two weeks earlier, so I had a little hair, but not much. Sort of a buzzcut all over. Was there all afternoon. Catheter was put in. Ultrasound taken. No one said anything. Period! Not even any raised eyebrows.

TeriAnn
10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I just had the "exam" yesterday by a female doctor had on my fem underwear didn't think a think about it.

SandyR
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
For me shaving is a "me" thing maybe not at first, but now for sure.

Doc's really see so many people that having a hairless body is the least of there concerns.

Glad to hear all is well!

Hugs.

Sandy.

insearchofme
10-17-2007, 09:10 PM
I was outside at work to day and since it was in the 70s I was wearing shorts. A co-worker dropped a piece of paper and I picked it up and as I did I took a good look at my legs as I was bending over.

I mentioned to him that I'd been losing the hair on my calves and lower legs for some time and now I see just a few patches of hair, the rest is naturally smooth (I used to have very hairy legs). I laughed that it looked weird and I should probably go ahead and shave them. He said you probably should, they'd look better. We then went back to work.

Perhaps I should take his advice.

Beth785
10-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Had to get a hearing and vision check for work last week and I seriously thought about going en femm. I decided against it being as I had a bunch of running around that day (scrap yard, welders shop) and to do some welding after wards, so it just wasn't gonna happen.

JoAnnDallas
10-18-2007, 07:55 AM
A few months ago, I had my semi-annual physical. My doctor is a female and she has never said anything about my shaved legs or chest. Then too I usually wear mens undies when I go for these mini-physicals. When I went back to get the results the next week, I was wearing panties. To my surprise, she looks at her chart and says, "Humm we did not do a prostate exam last week, Ok drop your pants and we will do it now". Well now I'm in a pickle, but I unbuckel my trousers, drop them, drop the panties, turned around, and leaned over the table. While she is doing the prostat exam, she calming asks how long I have been wearing panties. Well I ended up telling her everything and she was great about it. She wanted to know if I wanted a refereal to a gender therispt, but I said no. She said OK and that was it. I saw her just this past Tuesday to get my meds renewed and she did not bring it up.

boygirlman
10-18-2007, 08:16 AM
The prostate "thing" is over for me. Had it removed this summer cause of cancer. Left a big scar on abdomen. Cancer is gone.

I have forgotten that I was going to see the Dr. and worn panties under my pants. The first time was emarassing but after that I no longer worried. He said nothing about it except for the first time. On that occasion he simply asked if I cross dressed.

I told him that I wore lingerie under my clothes and sometimes around the house. That was it.

My fiancee doesn't mind. She gets a kick out of it.

MustangGirl
10-18-2007, 08:34 AM
After my first wife had a stroke, her doctor was having her go for water therapy. It was at the local high school's pool, and there were about 20 people in the class. I was told there would be enough aides for ever one that needed assistance. Well at the first session I was told that it would be a big help if I could bring swim trunks the next time and get in the pool with her. Well, I was hairless every place except head and arms and more than a little concerned. The next session I striped down to my trunks and no body gave me a look.

jenniferj
10-18-2007, 08:59 AM
"I mentioned to him that I'd been losing the hair on my calves and lower legs for some time and now I see just a few patches of hair, the rest is naturally smooth (I used to have very hairy legs). I laughed that it looked weird and I should probably go ahead and shave them. He said you probably should, they'd look better. We then went back to work."

When I played football in college (back in my "I'll grow out of it stage"). I found that I needed to tape both knees and ankles even for practices. We had community razors in the locker room showers, but I decided to be manly and didn't shave - my legs weren't really that hairy. Needless to say, after a couple of weeks there wasn't any hair left in the taped areas.

But there was a 5" band in the mid-calf that wasn't taped, a silly little fringe of hair on each leg. The guys were always after me to clean that up since it looked so strange but I wasn't sure that I wanted to walk around Los
Angeles in the late 60s in shorts with shaved legs - it might attract the "wrong" attention. (This was also my provincial "what if people think I'm gay" stage)

So I kept the fringe, which was accentuated by the black streaks of muck trapped in the sticky, unscrubbable residual glue from the edges of the adhesive tape. ( I wonder how many miles of tape I used? Actually, the trainer used - she was a cute girl majoring in PT at a neighboring school)

Some 35 years later, I still have hardly any hair around my knees and lower legs - plus guyjeans seem to rub the hair off of my quads. One of these days, I'll clean it all off and look really good in sheer stockings :)

-jj

leesametz
10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
i think like the other girls...

shaved legs and pubic areas are the least of the doctors concerns...

besides these people dont get to where they are by being UN-Professional...

the few odd comments re: gender therapist, small talk on wearing panties and the like are probably done on the thought that this might be embarrassing for the patient and maybe i can help lighten the mood or take the edge off any perceived tension...

leesa

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-18-2007, 10:48 AM
The only time a doctor will ask about lack of hair is for medical purposes. I had a doctor ask me onec about whether my chest was shaved as part of a medical test and I said no I shaved it muself and that was it. Lack of hair can also be a sign of circulation problems in the legs. Other that things like that doctors done care.

Melinda G
10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, I still wouldn't wear panties to the doctor. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Robertacd
10-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, I still wouldn't wear panties to the doctor. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Why does there have to be "the line"?

Chris Corbett
10-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Are you Canadian or do other people actually play hockey?

Cassy11
10-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Yesterday I went for a exam for melanoma. The doctor was a young Asian woman. I have shaved my arms and legs for over 4 years. She never made any comment and only had to remove 1 "A typical" growth from my back. She and her young nurse were very polite and professional.

Linda C
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Did you guys at least smoke a cigarette afterward? :D

Ðarissa
10-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Why does there have to be "the line"?I agree. The lines need to be exterminated. :devil:

Julie York
10-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Did you guys at least smoke a cigarette afterward? :D

:D

Made me laugh.

And Karren Hutton sort of summed it up.

:D

Casandra Carrington
10-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Karren is wonderful...I'd like to know also (why does there have to be a line)LIFE IS SHORT...be happy...it's not anyones concern if I shave my legs or anything else not even my doctors...for what I'm paying him he can deal with a little shaved leg...

DonnaT
10-19-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm wondering how you could see him behind you to know what his initial reaction was??

Lilly 40C
10-19-2007, 08:04 PM
I am natural 44B-C and recently got chest x-rays. The technician asked that I take off my shirt so I did. Well he looked at my boobs and said press your chest against the machine, so I did. Then he said wait till I develope the film but keep you shirt off you look better than some of the women I x-ray. (My nipples were now hard and sticking out due to the cold maching.) I waited and he came back and said the x-rays were bad and needed to be redone. I think he just wanted to keep looking at my boobs.

Lilly

marika_jaye
10-19-2007, 09:22 PM
I went to my new family physician Tuesday for my 6-month diabetes checkup. My old nurse practitioner never asked to see my feet, so you can imagine my surprise when the doctor says "Okay, off with the shoes...let's have a look at your feet".

I decided to kick off my relationship with this doctor the right way and took off my shoes and socks (thank goodness I wasn't wearing nylons that day!) to reveal my BRIGHT pink toenails. The doctor didn't react at all.

I like my new doctor already!

roberta1945
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
all the hair fell off my legs years ago heve maybe 5 or 6 hairs from my toes to my hips.so i don't have to shave. :2c: as for as doctors are concerned they dont care what you wear.i have woren panties 24/7 for over 20 years never had a comment one way or the other.:thumbsup:

Samantha43
10-20-2007, 11:20 PM
I shave my legs in the Winter, but let them grow out in the Summer. I got in a serious automobile wreck a few years ago when my legs were shaved and was transported to the hospital for some x-rays. They put me in one of those little gowns for the x-rays. No one said a thing about my shaved legs, or even seemed to notice. It's kind of funny now. I was more concerned about the embarrasment of my shaved legs than I was about having broken bones. :blushing: Everything was OK. No broken bones and new confidence about having shaved legs in public. :D