PDA

View Full Version : Girls hairstyle!

KateW
10-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I have been growing my hair for over a year and it was at shoulder length. Because it grew out from a guys hairstyle, the layers were really uneven. I have been putting off getting my hair cut for a while because every time I do, I seem to get the third degree about why I'd want long hair (I mean, I am a guy after all!!!). Today I decided to finally bite the bullet and went to a unisex hairdressers for a trim. I explained that I literally just wanted an inch or two cut off the back and that was it.

The lady who was cutting my hair was friendly, and casually chatted about how long I'd been growing my hair. While I never asked for a particular hairstyle, she must've picked up on the fact that I had shaped eyebrows and earrings and did something I hadn't anticipated - and decided to give me a female "bob" hairstyle. When she was finished, I was surprised to see that my hair is now one length all the way round.

My wife was initially surprised when I came home, and suggested that it might be an idea to get it cut again because it looked very feminine. Later on however, she said the hairstyle would probably make me happy and I may as well keep it (isn't she great!).

To be honest, I hadn't planned for such a obviously feminine style, and am somewhat nervous about going to work tomorrow with it. That said, I never dreamed I would have a style like this, and part of me is very tempted to keep it...

Kate xxx

SarahLynn
10-17-2007, 10:16 PM
A few years ago i let my hair grow to shoulder length. I also had it permed because i always wanted wavey hair. Well it looked good so i kept the style and continued to let it grow with only trims. By the time it was shoulder length it was ready for a really fem style and the hairdresser did me right. Do you remember the pictures of Lady Bird with her top role and the side sweeps. That was me all the time. When i went in for a new job interview the pd looked at me and asked what name do i go by. Gave him my male name (didn't have a fem one) and said my wife likes my hair like this. Nothing more was said and i was duely hired into the position.

Nice thng about being a truck driver we can pretty much wear our hair and clothes like we want. One must still be carefull about "dressing" when out of our truck but otherwise, most anything goes.

SarahLynn

Sheri 4242
10-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Kate,

It sounds like your hairstyle is acceptable to your wife, which is great! So, the "homefront" sounds secure.

I don't know what kind of job you have, but it is understandable to be nervous. My first instinct is to say go for it -- unless you have a job where there is a dress code that might prohibit it by some subjective guidelline. If that isn't a problem, then go with it, head held high! Hey -- it's unisex!

KateW
10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
To update you, I decided to go into work the following day to see how everyone reacted. After all the nervousness, only one female collegue mentioned it all day, and she simply asked if I'd had my haircut. I replied yes, and she smiled and continued talking about something else. Not a peep from any of the guys though (all macho sport following types) which really suprised me. Or maybe they just didn't notice!

I never imagined I could go to work with a blatently feminine hairstyle and get away with it. The crazy bit is there are two other women at work with the exact same hairstyle as me! Makes me wonder what else I could try...

I'm certain that my mum will have something to say about it next week, as she is forever on at me to get a "proper haircut".

Have a fantastic weekend girls!

Kate xxxxxx

carie
10-19-2007, 04:04 PM
growing my hair also .. can u post some pictures ? :happy:

leesametz
10-19-2007, 05:27 PM
i honestly cant stand long hair. i dont look forward to dressing to go out because of my wig...

my hair is cut every 2-3 weeks. a number 2 guide on top and a number 00000 on the sides. yes it looks like a high and tight and thats whats most comfortable for me. i only get full femme about once or twice a year so im not suffering with long hair all year for nothing...

congrats on getting a proper hairstyle...

hugs

DonnaT
10-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, if your mum does ask, simply tell her the truth. You went to get a trim, and the stylist user her own initiative to give you a cut that suited your look. That you had no idea what she had done until you looked in the mirror. And now you and your wife are quite used to it.

Wendy me
10-19-2007, 06:13 PM
lol my hair is 3/4 of the down my back mostly i wear a pony tail when in "him" mode but some times i let it down no one ever said a word..... don't worry enjoy it...........

KateW
10-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Thats good advice - thanks DonnaT!

JULIE33362
10-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Growing Mine Too Got A Hair Cut From My Wifes Girl Looks So Good Going To Have Her Do It All The Time ,, Layered Cut

Ðarissa
10-19-2007, 06:59 PM
That sounds wonderful. I would love to have long hair and have never even gotten as far as 'shoulder length' because I always felt like I had to get it cut for various reasons.

NatalieGirl
10-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I envy you, Kate. I would love to grow my hair long. But its so curly that it would look like I'm wearing a tumbleweed on my head.

Kristen Kelly
10-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Glad you are enjoying the new Doo. I have found the guys at work don't notice anything unless it hits them square right between the eyes, but the women always do. Over the last year I have pushed the boundaries at work, pierced ears and 5/8 hoop earrings, thinned eyebrows, shaved body hair and the longer highlighted hair. I have let it grow to my shoulders, gone into work with it poofed out and styled feminine as if I was totally dressed and going out, the women noticed and got many positive comments, and only after they had pointed it out to the guys did I take a ribbing for a short time. I have told my stylist about Kristen and even have showed her pictures of me dressed, she cuts my hair in a way now where I can style it as a bob when I go out by leaving bangs in the front and pushing the rest back, and more of a shag (aka Bon Jovi) in drab.

Leah B
10-20-2007, 12:05 AM
And when guys do notice, they often don't comment, and when they do comment, the comment doesn't say much.

When I painted my nails bright red, it was unmissable. All of my female coworkers commented, and some female customers did too. Only a few of my male coworkers said anything, and only one male customer commented (it was a compliment! Completely unexpected. I'd never been complimented by a male stranger).

Guys hid it better when they just noticed too. I caught few guys even looking at my hands. Remember, when potential homosexuality is involved, the rule with guys is to avoid the subject. Stupid, but true. Even guys who are cool about GLBT stuff themselves know they can't expect other guys to respond well to their sexuality being questioned.

Joann0830
10-20-2007, 12:21 AM
I have been growing my hair for a while as you can see in my insert and its all mine. When I have to go in Boy mode because of my daughters school things,I part it on the left and brush the sides back over my ears and it looks okay for the mode. Now when in My Real Mode (FEM MODE), I brush my hair from Right to Left and use a pic and comb to tease it out and get that Fem Look thats me, even with the half flip in the front. Then just spray with the Hair Spray and I am ready to go. I want to grow it as a ponytail as I use to wear with a wig. My eyebrows I brush up, then shape from underneath in an arch then brush down to the right and left for male and when I want my Fem arch, a little hair spray on my thumb and pointer finger and squeeze and shape the brows. I gave away all of my secrets:heehee::love:Joann

:blushing:I showed the brows with real pics on another post.

noname
10-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Like you I grew my hair for sometime, almost a year. Then I had to get it trimmed. I just asked if she could show me how to style it super girly. She did a great job, was super liberal, and really knows how to cut hair. had I know how it could have been shorter I would have cut it long before. Do keep the hair if you like it. Guys can have long hair, what is taboo is styling the hair.

Alaceann
10-20-2007, 08:24 AM
I wish I had hair to grow:sad: Itnever grows or it would be shoulder length.
Haven't had a hair cut in 30 yrs. O well it'll have to be wigs I guess.

christid66
10-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Kate,
Enjoy your long hair for as long as you can.

I used to have long hair but now, the only hair that grows is out of my ears & nose!!!

Angie G
10-20-2007, 09:23 AM
My hair is shoulder length and a nice wave to it it can look a girls hairstyle and I love it :hugs:
Angie

Charolette time
10-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Im with Christid 66, the more it grows the heaver it gets and for some reason, its coming out of my ears and nose not on top, just have to use the hedge trimmers more often, hahah, consider your self so lucky as age settles in its nothing we can do about it, Hugs Charolette

Veronica 1
10-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Kate,
Enjoy your long hair for as long as you can.

I used to have long hair but now, the only hair that grows is out of my ears & nose!!!

I can relate to that. My hair used to be down to the middle of my back, thick and wavy but now I grow more on my ears than my head. Keep the hair, hon, and enjoy it to the fullest.

KarenSusan
10-20-2007, 12:42 PM
...the only hair that grows is out of my ears & nose!!!

Ain't that the truth.:yt:

Michelia
10-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I do not think I could dare. I've gotten enough ribbing over my ponytail. Congratulations are in order.

I want to know more. Keep us posted please.

But did you know the bob is not just for girls? There are famous men that wear a bob style. Enter "bob hair style" in a search engine and you will be amazed at the versatility of this wonderful style. There are some very cool sites dedicated to it. Some even have catalogs of pictures including famous people that use it.

Something that I did is hunt down a special hairstylist that is also a drag queen. He cuts at a very chic salon. He does not understand us crossdressers that are not gay, but it does not matter. He understands what I want and does a great job. So I get a cut that can look either masculine or feminine (bob) depending on the styling.

Yet if one day I could just wear my girl style all the time ...WOW

Michelia

Missy Anne
10-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Kate,

I would really like to see your hairstyle. I have been wanting to do that for a couple of years and grew my hair for about 10 months.

I tried to find a TG friendly place and to find a style but didn't carry it through. I think if I found a nice dual purpose style I would grow it again.

Best regards,

Missy Anne

KateW
10-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for all your messages of support. I also looked into the bob hairstyle on men and it was apparently most widespread in the 70's. Does make my hairstyle retro? :heehee:

I'm pleased to report that my initial paranoia upon leaving the hairdressers has completely gone. For some reason I was convinced that everyone would notice immediately and stop in their tracks. This was of course complete nonsense and nobody cared. Or if they did, they certainly didn't show it. This haircut has unwittingly given me a new sense of liberating confidence that I previously didn't have. This is by far the most outward display of femininity that my male self has shown, and I'm loving it.

As for a photo... I will try and get one sorted out this week for you all.

Kate x

Blixa
10-21-2007, 09:11 AM
I had the same liberating feeling as Kate when i got my bob hairstyle last week.

The nice thing about this style is that it works well in both boy and girl mode.
As a girl it makes you feel so femme, and as a guy it just makes you look cool.

So don't be afraid, just go to any unisex salon and tell the stylist to "give me one of them girly bob haircuts!" You will receive only compliments.

Blx

KateW
10-21-2007, 12:44 PM
As you may have noticed, I am a bit shy when it comes to posting photos on here, but I promised I'd show you all my hair, so here it is from a side view.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4984/hairaf8.jpg

Kate xxx

jennig
10-21-2007, 02:51 PM
hi your hair looks great!!!
love jennig

KateW
10-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks! :D

Mindy
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
your hair is lovely.....very nice style
lucky girl

KateW
10-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I put some very subtle highlights in it previously, and might have another go and make it a fair bit lighter now that I'm feeling more confident with it.