PDA

View Full Version : An Old Spanish Saying

Alice B
10-18-2007, 12:55 PM
I need to vent, so I'll start with and old Spanish saying. "caca pasa" which translates to "shit happens"

As many of you know I was looking forward to a three week period of freedom to dress at will, as my wife is out of the country. I got out one night as a trial and then got real sick and have not been dressed or out at all. Now I have less than a week left and only one possible night I can get out. A real bummer.:mad: But, what I really need to vent about is that yesterday someone broke into my car and took my complete set of golf clubs. $2700.00 + of equipment. Now I have to wipe out my checking account to buy replacements as I have 3 tournaments in the next 5 days.:Angry3::Angry3::Angry3: I would love to find the theif and introduce him to my friend "Glock":happy: Thanks for letting me vent.:thumbsup:

Tasha T
10-18-2007, 01:21 PM
"shit happens"

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I can understand your anger, first the illness which denied you of your golden opportunity of freedom and then being robbed. That sucks. But just BE THANKFUL that you do have that ONE good day to go out and enjoy yourself and that you have enough money in the bank to buy a new set of clubs. Some people don't have any of that.

I hope things get better for you.

JoAnnDallas
10-18-2007, 02:42 PM
I hope you filed a police report. Mabey they will recover your clubs.

Victoria Anne
10-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Alice I am so sorry to hear this news . I hope you will be well enough to put up a good showing at your tournaments , good luck , hey look at it this way a new set of clubs and possibly a new title to with them eh.

sterling12
10-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, your auto insurance ought to cover at least some of the cost of the clubs. What the heck are you playing that would run $2700+. Unless your a Pro, seems like a bit of "overkill." And anyway, if you were a Pro, you'd be getting the clubs for free. If your that skillful, (don't know your handicap,) you also know it's not the clubs, it's what's between your ears. Get something good, but spend less and feel happier about it. Maybe they won't be "birddogging" you in the parking lot, waiting to break into your trunk to rip off the expensive clubs.

The sickness, probably that same virus bug that's going around. I think we all have to apply Murphy's Law at least every once in a while. Other opportunities will arise, in the future. Personally, I am trying to give up on putting future scenario's in my head that end up failing to meet my expectations. I think that's a truism. Most of our little mind pictures never come up to our expectations and then we spend too much time being sorely disappointed. Didn't Thoreau get it right? "Most Men lead lives of quiet desperation." Maybe we should all work on not doing that!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Julie York
10-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Your No1 driver is called Glock?

Or is it a Swedish bodyguard?:eek:

(Actually I've had him.)

:D

Claire3
10-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Just started a Spanish course.So sorry about the idiots who broke into your car.However.Muchu gusto senorita.hasta luego:love:

Huntress
10-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Owoooch! Did they get your mashie, your niblick, and your spoon? While I think "Flog" is a trifling sport, and a huge waste of perfect Moto Cross tracks... I will defend to the death your right to "Tee Off".

Couple of questions:

1. Do you play from in between the Men's Tees & the Ladies Tees?

2. We use H&K Socom Mk 23's. Much moh bettah than those "sissy" Gloch-in-spiels. Wait! What am I saying!!!

Seriously, sorry about the theft.

Huntress

RobertaFermina
10-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Ack! BAD BERRIES!

Vent away dear....you earned it !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

docrobbysherry
10-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Owoooch! Did they get your mashie, your niblick, and your spoon? While I think "Flog" is a trifling sport, and a huge waste of perfect Moto Cross tracks... I will defend to the death your right to "Tee Off".

Couple of questions:

1. Do you play from in between the Men's Tees & the Ladies Tees?

2. We use H&K Socom Mk 23's. Much moh bettah than those "sissy" Gloch-in-spiels. Wait! What am I saying!!!

Seriously, sorry about the theft.

Huntress

Only thing I can say after that is: Ha ha ha ha!
RS

Angie G
10-19-2007, 01:57 AM
In 1989 I got a new red Firebird had it for 2 weeks and some sh--head keyed it I know how you feel hun To this day I'd still like to find the S.O.B. :hugs:
Angie

JoAnnDallas
10-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Bought the wife a new Toyota Priuse and two weeks later some idot backs out of their parking space and cruches the side of the car. The werid part is this idot has no car insurance or even a drivers license, then gives wife their telephone number, home address, work address, and work telephone number. I passed these item to the police and insurance company.

janet1234
10-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Julie from UK is a very fine pistol that we Americans are still allowed to possess in order to protect ourselves from bad people. I don't have one, I prefer other varieties.

Kerrie Sifton
10-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Alice
Sorry to hear about your clubs, remind everyone not to have anything visible in your cars.. And tell your neighbours let them know that there are theives about
maybe a nite out in a skirt will put a bright spot into the month

Alice B
10-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks everyone for allowing me to vent. Still pissed off. I begining to think that someone with an alarm key went through the parking lot at an outlet center and just looked for a car with the same code because I'm sure the car was locked.

As to my golf. I'm no pro, but a decent player that likes to use the best of equipment and I do play from the mens tees. The iorn set that was taken was brand new (3 weeks) and were the best made by TaylorMade.
Mayber Alice will get out to play tomorrow niught to ease my frustrations.:hugs: