PDA

View Full Version : As a crossdressing child I always enjoyed

Lovely Rita
10-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Watching all the super heroes in tights, I mean come on, there must be something up with that. Tights and capes. You know there was some crossdressing cartoonist that started that.

Just like Holloween became the only day of the year that you could live out your dream fantasy and not be ostracized for good.

I mean, you know they knew something was up, you in a dress or the costume of a fairy princess or ballerina, but they could not prove it and that little doubt was all we needed as our licence to live even if for just one day.

I absolutely loved Peter Pan, green tights and he flew all over the place in them. I was only upset that the role of Peter Pan was usually played by a woman, that was just not fair.

Oh and how about Robin Hood, who did not fantasize about being in Sherwood Forrest in tights as merry men?

I also remember the first time I saw James Bond Thunderball, my first glimpse of a man in total femme, I still cannot forget it. It is an indellible image in my mind. Remember, the Russian officer dressed in black dress, black stockings, black stillettos and wearing a widow's veil.

Well you just have to imagine what that was like to see in the 60s as a kid.

Kate Simmons
10-19-2007, 03:39 AM
Hi Rita, Since I've been watching the Man From U.N.C.L.E. and Girl From U.N.C.L.E. old TV series" lately, I've come across a couple of episodes with drag themes. One in particular called the "Mother Muffin Affair" had Boris Karloff no less playing "Mother Muffin", a villainess who ran a school for bad guys. This particular episode featured Napolean and April working together. Now I have to admit, Boris made a dang good looking woman and that was in the 1960's no less. Of course it was a little tongue in cheek but very convincing in my opinion. If Boris could look that good, there's hope for me yet.:heehee:

MsJanessa
10-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Julie Newmar as Catwoman on the old Batman series---loved her outfits, catsuit, boots and gloves. Also really liked Dianna Rigg as Emma Peel on the Avengers.:dom:

Marla S
10-19-2007, 06:35 AM
I absolutely loved Peter Pan, green tights and he flew all over the place in them. I was only upset that the role of Peter Pan was usually played by a woman, that was just not fair.
Made me buy my first fem item (that I can remember).
Take a guess ... green tights :lol:
This movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITES4d9g9M) got me hocked. Oh how much I wished to be her.

And I vividly remember dreaming about being one of the super heroes in primary school. Pulling on my 'catsuit' and take revenge for some mocking and stuff:D

erickka
10-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Wow Rita, you always have some good 'food for thought" I always get a kick out of your posts! Keep 'em coming!

Kerrie Sifton
10-19-2007, 11:19 AM
oh Rita, such a post, i just got caught up in petticoat junction!! and wished there were more shows.... :D

Chloe Jean
10-19-2007, 04:47 PM
As a teenager I went as Robin the Boy wonder., one halloween.
Love wearing tights.
Hugs
Chloe

RylieCD
10-19-2007, 05:14 PM
You're RIGHT!!! I should have been a super hero for Halloween when I was a kid. Heck I was even offered to go out as a girl by mom, she didn't know about my CD. and I said NO, Just kick myself in the bu**.

Happy Halloween all

Colleentg
10-20-2007, 01:50 PM
I remember watching all those shows too, with the same impact! But I have forgotten some until you mentioned them. Often I forgot what I was watching because I was so focused on the actress' legs in tights.

Audrey34
10-20-2007, 02:34 PM
You know what? Super heroes had absolutely no influence on me as a kid. I read the usual Spider-Man, Superman, Fantastic Four and such, but my heart lay with the funny books. Little Audrey (my namesake), Richie Rich, Sad Sack, Little Lulu, even Betty and Veronica were more of an influence because I wanted to dress like them.
-Audrey

Deborah Jane
10-20-2007, 02:41 PM
I always wanted to dress like one of the dance girls on Top of the Pops [Pans People]. I used to watch them and wish i could be one of them!! I also wanted to be a "Bond Girl" from the James Bond films!!

KarenMichelleLuv
10-20-2007, 07:20 PM
OMG - Diana Rigg as Mrs Emma Peel did me in....

She set the standard I'm still trying for...

I not only wanted to have her, I wanted to be her!

:be:

Jocelyn Quivers
10-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Linda Carter as Wonder Woman. I constantly dreamed as a kid wishing I could wear a Wonder Woman outift. Maybe one Halloween in the future in which I am completely out of the closet I will go out dressed as her. Jocelyn

Joy Carter
10-20-2007, 07:38 PM
my two older GG cousins who were pretty.
One was the Majorett at the local high school.
They were about ten years my Sr. And I always loved to be around them.
I have some pics of them in the fifties when they were young women.
Wish Id been a girl like them. "Sigh ":sigh:

SarahLynn
10-20-2007, 08:50 PM
OMG - Diana Rigg as Mrs Emma Peel did me in....

She set the standard I'm still trying for...

I not only wanted to have her, I wanted to be her!

:be:

Someone really should have shown her how to hold a pistol. Shoot a pistol holding it like that and you're likely to wear it in your forehead.

I was in serious lust with her. And Wonder Woman too. Didn't really want to look like them just "wanted" them. I always thought they dressed well though. And Mrs. Peel really had me by short ones. She was so smart and witty at the same time.

Marla S you're such a kid. Really Peter Pan = Mia Farrow, come now, everyone knows Mary Martin was the real Peter Pan.

SarahLynn

AbbyN
10-20-2007, 10:28 PM
You know what? Super heroes had absolutely no influence on me as a kid. I read the usual Spider-Man, Superman, Fantastic Four and such, but my heart lay with the funny books. Little Audrey (my namesake), Richie Rich, Sad Sack, Little Lulu, even Betty and Veronica were more of an influence because I wanted to dress like them.
-Audrey

The male superheroes in tights did nothing for me either. I think it was because they wore their underwear OUTSIDE of their tights. I guess if you do that, it makes tights more masculine.:D

For me it was Wonder Woman. Loved the outfit, and always wanted to wear it.

Sorry for the odd first post...been lurking for a while but this thread made me register.

Abby