PDA

View Full Version : Toner Sting

Aloha_Dana
03-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi Ladies,

Are toners supposed to sting? After I shave, I use Burt Bee's Toner, and my face stings. Razor burn? But it sure is smooth aftwards. Just checking to see if I need to switch to another brand.

Tamara Croft
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Toners have alcohol in them, so it's not surprising it stings. You should get an aftershave lotion/cream. Toners should be used on a dampened cotton wool pad so it dilutes it. Try something with Tea Tree in it, which contains a natural antiseptic or Aloe Vera.

Tamara x

StephanieCD
03-31-2005, 05:33 PM
ummm... Tamara... what exactly is a toner? I didn't realize there were actual "toners" you can buy in the store - I thought you just meant with lotion or something :) I believe we determined I need one, too... but I'm kinda dumb about this stuff.

tee hee

MonaSmith
03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
You might not be able to get it over there, but I use Simple products. Their toner is alcohol free and contains witch hazel and chamomile. It is really nice and soothing and leaves my skin really smooth.

I pretty much use only Simple products at the moment, simple products for a simple girl.

Mona xx.

Aloha_Dana
03-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks Tamara and Mona. I'll look for the other products.

Steph, toners are moisturizers that 'tone' the skin. They make a huge difference in making your skin soft and smooth. Apply to a clean face, before your lotion. After those set, then go for the makeup.

Aloha,
Goldie Lox

Sherlyn
03-31-2005, 07:07 PM
oh ya it stings me i have neutrogena ... ,,,but i find if i wait bout 30 mins ta let my shaved face cool.. from shaving ... it does not sting at all

Tamara Croft
03-31-2005, 09:17 PM
Have a read of this.

http://www.naturesfirstaid.com/browseproducts/Burt-s-Bees-Rosewater---Glycerin-Toner---7-fl.-oz..HTML

Tamara x

StephanieCD
04-01-2005, 07:15 PM
I actually went to the store tonight looking for toner... wow, its expensive! Didn't get it (rent day) but I will... I WILL!!!!! lol

Bernadina
04-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi Ladies,

Are toners supposed to sting? After I shave, I use Burt Bee's Toner, and my face stings. Razor burn? But it sure is smooth aftwards. Just checking to see if I need to switch to another brand.
Toners shouldn't sting. If they contain alcohol then they shouldn't be used. A lot of after shaves contain alcohol for that bracing sting that men are supposed to like but it is actually doing damage to the skin.

Burt's Bees toners list alcohol as the 2nd most common ingredient. (Water is first.)

I use Ecco Bella or Avalon toners and I find them soothing. They don't taste particularly good though.

My regiem is: Shave face and neck, wash with a cleansing gel, rinse well, apply toner (let dry), face cream (let set for 20 mins), then makeup.

Aloha_Dana
04-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Bernadina and others. Thanks for the posts.