PDA

View Full Version : So I'm in the bath tub shaving and my wife says:

jennCD
10-20-2007, 02:17 AM
She: So,.. when you dress, do you, like, wear the clothes and makeup too?

Me: Yep! When I can, sure.

She: (somewhat surprised at my honesty) Really?

Me: Yeah.... and I have to tell you,... eye makeup is really tough, eh? I mean getting it even and all. It's not too easy. How do you women do it?

She: just practice...

(followed by informative talk about technique and logistics of makeup application, best types of mascara and stuff)

Me: And not to mention taking it all off well enough.

She: Just soap and scrubbing really...

Me: Well heck, I'd even used Stridex pads once! Thank god the alcohol free ones! LOL. I wish I'd known that before...

She: Oh my god, you didn't!

Me: Yep,.. well, not like I could really ask you about it... :)

(pause)

She: I can't believe I'm talking to you about this.

Me: Well hey, you brought it up. If you ask me about this, then know that I'll be giving you an honest answer.

(pause)

She: I was on the computer and found a link you had for "Feminizing Your Voice".... um....

Me: Yeah, but the discs are around $45... and I'm not sure I'm looking to spend that yet.

She: (lightheartedly) ...and who are you going to call up sounding like a woman?

Me: Nobody, just something I was interested in for myself.

She: Well can't you just raise the pitch of your voice?

Me: (doing my best Minnie Mouse impersonation) You mean trying to talk like this? Hello, how are you today?

(laughter)

...and the overall tone of the conversation continued like that until she fell asleep and I came online to write this. We spoke of other aspects of this part of my life but the best part I think was when she laughed before falling asleep saying. "I always imagined us growing old together,.... just, I'm not sure I imagined you being 80 years old and dressed as a woman." So I said "Hey, you can't even imagine me dressed as a woman now!" and she just replied, "Oh, I can imagine it with no problem... I just don't want to see it right now".

I know she's really trying to understand this well enough to get a good grip on it all and find the most comfortable way to help me carry it, and she knows I'm doing my best to hold the bulk of it up until she feels ready to try to help.

I always imagined us growing old together too.

I suppose we'll just have to now....

:)

jenn

Melissa Davis
10-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Don't you love progress? :happy: Sounds like you both are coming along great!

Makina
10-20-2007, 02:51 AM
These are great moments of complicity. I love doing that with my wife too. We can share a lot, thanks to crossdressing. I hope it's just a beginning for you, and you'll have a lot of these moments sharing.

I remember my wife was very curious (and frightened) by the limits I would put to my feminization. I knew then which way I would not hurt my wife (I love her so much), and enjoy more crossdressing sharing with her.

Even if your wife doesn't want to see you dressed right now, it may take a lot of time but the most important step is passed. I 'm sure the though "At least there is one good point in this, we can talk about things I would never have imagined. Maybe I could ask him for make up advice :happy:".

Lisa Golightly
10-20-2007, 02:51 AM
She sounds like a terrific gal :)

Suzie S.
10-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Jenn, thanks for sharing that with us! It's nice to hear that you have made progress with acceptance. Your wife is truly special! I wish you both the best! :happy:

Carla Maria
10-20-2007, 03:54 AM
I think it's great you are sharing with your sweetie. It takes a little time and effort on both sides. My honey has been very accepting though the years. She has been borrowing my clothes and earrings for a number of years. It makes life so much easier to have the support of your partner.

Chloe Jean
10-20-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm so glad your lady is trying to understand and help.
Chloe

Mary Morgan
10-20-2007, 05:01 AM
She sounds to me like someone well worth working hard to grow old with.

Claire3
10-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Very best wishes for a long and happy life together

Shelly Preston
10-20-2007, 05:31 AM
It sounds as if you wife is trying very hard to be understanding

I feel sure eventually she wil want to see you dressed but you can always suggest letting her see a pic first

I would think it maybe less of a shock then

Dayna
10-20-2007, 05:58 AM
I've said it before...

Buy that woman flowers and take her to dinner tonight!!

I am very happy for you, Jenn--that is the kind of conversation I so desperately wish I could have with my wife. I am sure you realize that you have someting very special there...make sure she knows how much you appreciate it!

Mitch23
10-20-2007, 06:11 AM
hey, that's really encouraging and what a great girl - give her a hug from me

mitch

jennCD
10-20-2007, 08:22 AM
She sounds to me like someone well worth working hard to grow old with.

Oh, she very much is, Louise!
... and with her, it's not hard work at all.
She does her best to make it very easy for me and hopefully, I am doing the same for her.
Look out 80! Here we come...
LOL

jenn

RachelDenise
10-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Keep it light and go slow. Make sure you pay attention to her...she's worth it.

Angie G
10-20-2007, 09:43 AM
That great She sounds like a keeper hun The best to you both :hugs:
Angie

MJ
10-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Thats great I thing you should get her some flowers and thank her for a wonderful honest talk

Ðarissa
10-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Jenn you have a great wife there. Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to read these little stories and such.

jayme357
10-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Dayna hit the nail on the proverbial head. Take very good care of your lady. She has opened a beautiful door for you and it is so important that you listen to her feelings and be guided by them. At this point, and perhaps forever, her feelings are far more important than yours if you truly want to share the real you with her.

Jayme

Kieron Andrew
10-20-2007, 03:05 PM
sounds like a romantic meal and flowers are in order to say thank you

Marcie Sexton
10-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Jenn, with the exception of me being in the shower, I would swear you had me and my wife bugged...sounds like the first conversation we had when I came out to her...

I hope your out come is as good as mine...She is fully supportive and now a big supporter of all transgender rights...She has even started making discreet contacts with some friends of her in regards to cd'ing and their attitudes...her hopes is that some day soon we can start a local Tri-ess chapter...

Good luck...as my wife has reminded me numerous times, I'm still the same guy she married, just a "slightly" different exterior...

docrobbysherry
10-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh, she very much is, Louise!
... and with her, it's not hard work at all.
She does her best to make it very easy for me and hopefully, I am doing the same for her.
Look out 80! Here we come...
jenn

Jenn, don't be in such a hurry! I don't know how great the 80's will be, but my 50's were great fun. And except for my divorce, can't say anything bad about my 60's, so far. Having that special woman to share it all with, I envy u, my dear!
I hope it all continues to go so well for u & her!
RS

paulaN
10-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Wow your so lucky. I have had conversations with my wife like that. Next thing I know it is back to don't ask don't tell. I don't want to now. I sure hope that does not happen with you. good luck.

jennCD
10-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow your so lucky. I have had conversations with my wife like that. Next thing I know it is back to don't ask don't tell. I don't want to now. I sure hope that does not happen with you. good luck.

Yep Paula, that is always a concern that I've had,... that there will be strong fluctuations between acceptance and "I've had enough of this crap!"... so I do have that in the back of my mind at all times and am far from being the pushy TG looking to expand my circle of acceptance. I'm in no rush and am really enjoying the simple fact that we can even just speak about this.

BTW,.. after the whole talk about dressing, makeup and other stuff last night, we found ourselves in Target today and she headed to the pharmacy area while I took the kids to get snacks. When I found her in the makeup section, she put some items into the cart and held up mascara she was telling me about last night and said, "This one's for you.... so... I've officially crossed over to the Dark Side!"

I had no response other than my raised eyebrows and a smile.

:)
jenn

Andrea's Lynne
10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
You already know this I'm sure, but you've got a winner there!

KarenMichelleLuv
10-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Jenn,

Your wife is a wonder and a keeper! You be sure to do the right thing(s) by her.

You tell her we all said so too!

:love:

Jenn2716
10-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Way to go Jenn. It is so nice to hear that you and your wife have such good communication skills. I'm so happy that things are moving in the right direction and hope you two have a long, happy life together. Tell her that she is awesome. I tell my wife that as much as I can.

Tip or Ozma
10-21-2007, 09:09 PM
On numerous occasions when my wife and I have just gone to bed--both in nightgowns after we've finished our journal entries and not necessarily after any physical intimacy--we just start talking. Perhaps you could describe it as two girl friends, but it is basically it is two true companions who are trusting one another and are completely relaxed with who we both are. That really feels good. There are also times when we share comments about the mundane aspects of life as a woman while we are getting dressed or undressed in the morning or evening. These "special" talks feel comfortable as well.

MsToriJones
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I can only hope that if my husband or one of my step sons came to me and announced their desire to crossdress or that they were crossdressing that I would be able to have the response as great as your wife.

It sounds like she loves you very much and wants to understand and support you.

SandyR
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Very nice conversation. Thanks for sharing.

Still hopping my Wife will help share her makeup skills with me.

SandyR

jennCD
10-21-2007, 10:42 PM
It sounds like she loves you very much and wants to understand and support you.

and continuing with the exchanges we've had recently:

While we were watching TV last night, a commercial (for Armstrong Flooring) comes on with a guy standing in the middle of a living room, all dressed up in tight leather pants and nice open-front white shirt, doing a flamenco-like dance on the wood flooring, when suddenly the front door opens and standing in the doorway are his wife and child. He stops dancing, just looks at them and says after a pause, "You're home early!"

... so my wife looks up at me smiling and says "I can imagine you saying that."

And I just replied with a smile, "Oh, I've practiced dreading that phrase for years now."

Roxi Loh
10-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I want to comment but do not have much to say beyond what has been said already. She sounds engaged and that is such a great start. As others have said move slowly and take each little acceptance as huge. Roxanne

BarbaraTalbot
10-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Jenn, with the exception of me being in the shower, I would swear you had me and my wife bugged...sounds like the first conversation we had when I came out to her.

~snip~

Good luck...as my wife has reminded me numerous times, I'm still the same guy she married, just a "slightly" different exterior...

The humor between the lines reminds me so much of Dee and I..I think it all sounds very promising. I like that you are enjoying her tentative support but not leaping forward assuming more than she is ready for.

best wishes to you both.

YangGuiFei
10-22-2007, 02:45 AM
She's a keeper. Good luck! :)

erickka
10-22-2007, 06:45 AM
You have one special gal... Hold on to her! Thanks for sharing.

Chari
10-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Sounds like you had a great "coming out" party! Definitely keep that understanding lady and the communications going, but take it all slow. There is alot for her to digest! BTW, want to tell what you wore to bed that night - besides your smile? :heehee:

Hugs2U, Chari

jennCD
10-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Sounds like you had a great "coming out" party! Definitely keep that understanding lady and the communications going, but take it all slow. There is alot for her to digest! BTW, want to tell what you wore to bed that night - besides your smile? :heehee:

Hugs2U, Chari

Well, it was bedtime after all,... isn't a smile enough?

LOL

I'm not a big fan of sleepwear (in the male half of my brain) so it was just cotton, white, quite bland and nothing otherwise out of the norm. I'm nowhere near considering wearing femme things to bed really. I know it's not something she's wants happening and I have no need to want to try. It's fine to keep me all man in the bedroom. I have no desire to be with her as jenn in that way.

Dixie
10-22-2007, 11:53 AM
I am so happy for you, glad to hear she is trying to cope and understand.:drink:

Victoria Anne
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
It is always wonderful to have the support of yur SO , and if your like Mrs.M and I we share tops , skirts and jewelry , shoes, wow how the wardrobe expands. Fun too.

Mindy
10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I hope you weren't shocked by her comments and cut yourself while shaving
:D

You are very lucky to have such an understanding SO

JoAnnDallas
10-22-2007, 12:47 PM
You and your wife sound like me and mine. See my posting " My wife keeps suprising me ".