PDA

View Full Version : Do you think our mom's knew?

Katie Ellen
10-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Like most of us, I started out trying on my Mom's clothes. Even though I was very careful putting things back, I always wondered if she knew?

She's been gone for quite awhile, so I can't ask her.

Do you think your source knew that you were into their things?

Katie

Marla S
10-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Yes, definitively.
I never was very good in hiding.
With about 10 (+-2) I wore tan tights and shorts while watching TV with my parents and thought it would be "invisible" :lol:
And several other incidents.
We never talked though and I doubt she knows the whole story, but she is aware of it, ever has been.

christid66
10-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Good question......
I remember long long ago, trying on one of Mum's string of pearls and breaking them. They were irrepearable so I could only put them back in the box broken.......She never questioned me or said anything about it.

MJ
10-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Like most of us, I started out trying on my Mom's clothes. Even though I was very careful putting things back, I always wondered if she knew?

Katie

if i only had the courage to tell her back way then !! . i would love to ask her now but she been gone a very long time. and i think she knew , as when i came out to my family the response was i always knew there was something about you but could not put my finger on it !!!

Joy Carter
10-20-2007, 11:08 AM
She knew but never confronted me with it. Just comments when CDs were on TV or movies.
My desire/need to be a girl has always been there. I wish I were thirteen today. My life would turn out much differently I'm sure.

bridget thronton
10-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't think she knew

SarahMus
10-20-2007, 11:16 AM
My mom must have known that I did. Was never very good about hanging skirts back on the hanger very straight. Once she measured me across the chest was hoping that she did that to get my bra size because hers were getting tight unfortuantly none showed up in my drawer.

Sarah

Sallee
10-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Good post. I was in the same position. MOM knew they sent me off to a shrink and I refused to talk about it So they stopped wasteing their money. Of course this was all about 45 yrs ago. Mom knew and I am sure has wondered since then. now that I am married, 25 yrs, with grown kids, wife knows. MOms are real good with a second sense...:2c:

Wendy me
10-20-2007, 11:47 AM
sure Mom knew i thought i got away with a lot of things but she knew .... lol she even asked me a few years ago if i still was doing the dressing thing .....

KarenSusan
10-20-2007, 12:29 PM
I used to keep my stash (her clothes that she thought she threw away) in a certain corner of the closet. She found them while cleaning but never said a word to me. I think she thought if she ignored it, it would go away.

kerrianna
10-20-2007, 12:34 PM
I think she did, and does. Moms know lots of things they never tell us.

I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm hoping to have a nice private talk with her soon. I have a very strong feeling she knows way more than she's letting on and she's just waiting for me to talk to her.

She's dropped a few hints over the years that she knows. :straightface:

Colleentg
10-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh my mom definitely knew, but instead of saying anything, she'd tell everyone else that she wished I WAS a girl! She discovered I was very into my sisters clothes, by finding things (sort of) hidden in my bed. Not too much later on she even asked if I had something of my sister's that my sister was missing! At the time of inquisition, I didn't, but I recently had it! I was my sister's #1 suspect, even though I was never caught with anything (by her), much less, ever caught wearing her things. I miss you, sis! (Oops, I miss your clothes!)

Colleen

Veryvicky
10-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I never did know if my mom knew that I wore her stuff but like Colleen said about her sister... I loved sharing her clothes... well at least wearing her clothes until I got my own. I think I wear better clothes now then my sister does now.

michelle812
10-20-2007, 03:39 PM
My mother dressed my at a young age (some memories), I think I was about 5 or 6. I remember her painting my finger and toe nails before she went out for the evening. I even remember wearing her high heels around the house and walking on the hard wood floors. A memory that will never go away...... I was caught using the bathroom as a female (siting position) and or wiping a female (wiping towards the front). I was scolded for doing this and was forced to wear a dress and silk panties for a night.

I started to play in my mothers closet when I was about 10 years old, its been down hill since then. I have not talked to my mother in the past 11 years and I have moved about 275 miles away form her.

I think this is where my cding come from.

Michelle812

Mitch23
10-20-2007, 04:20 PM
absolutely certain she did, found her undies in my bed often enough - but nothing ever said and now she's gone so i can't ask her. Mums do know everything - sometimes they prefer to say nothing

Mitch

Raychel
10-20-2007, 04:44 PM
When I was just a young lad, my mother found my stash of clothes. So sure she knew, Then some 40 years later the subject came up again. She had totally fogotten that she found that stash. I told her again that I liked to dressup. She was totally fine with it. And life went on, for a while anyway. She has passed on now, and she is dearly missed by all.

Daintre
10-20-2007, 04:57 PM
My mother never knew while I was growing up, it wasn't until my ex had outed me to my family that she found out.

Jocelyn Quivers
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
My mother knew, busted, and disciplined me for wearing her clothes when I was younger. She thought I had grown out of it however when I recently told her about my femme side. She is currently ok with me dressing and has no problems with it.

Scotty
10-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Well I went swimming today and she saw my breasts, I had told her they were growing (But not why).
Today she came over and I had left this site up and she walked right past the PC and looked at it and kept walking by. Nothing unusual but as if she knew.

I suspected she knew.

She does now!

LoriFlores
10-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm sure she new. I was careless a few times with my sister's cloths that I had been borrowing. She had to have found them when cleaning up my room. They were left right were I had them "hidden" and nothing was ever said.

KarenMichelleLuv
10-20-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm sure my mother knew something was up, even though I was a compulsive neat freak for a boy. My guess is that if she confronted anyone, she probably spoke to the wrong sibling, my younger sister with the question "Have you been going through my drawers?"

Given how close I was to my mother at that time, I would have confessed to everything if confronted by her. I sometimes wonder how my life and cross-dressing behavior would be different had that happened?

trannie T
10-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I never wore my mother's clothes except for the one pair of panties I stole. I kept my other stuff well hidden and she never found it. Sadly she has been gone for some years so I can't ask her.

robbie
10-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I was caught at 5. Caught at 7. Embarassed at 10 in front of the family. She realized her mistake when I would no longer have anything to do with that side of the family. In her late 60's, she would get panties out of my drawer when she needed them. She has since passed away. She knew.

Michellebej
10-20-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure,

One of the advantages of being the only "boy" in a house with four sisters, Mom, Great Grandma, and the occasional Aunt, is that when things were found misplaced or tried on....it was never my fault:heehee:

Turns out wearing the girls things was the only thing I ever got away with!

My Baby sister knows now, and she made the comment that Mom has in the past said things that made her wonder.

In any event she has never said a word.

Michelle

KateW
10-20-2007, 10:02 PM
I always thought my mum might know, but the day she actually walked in on me fully dressed and asleep on my bed (still having nightmares about that!), it was verrry clear that she didn't know before hand! :eek:

It's funny the situations we get ourselves into...

NatalieBliss
10-20-2007, 10:04 PM
About 20min ago I would have said no. However my parents are visiting this weekend and they just dropped me off. In the last bit of the car ride home my mother mentioned that she had finally gotten around to watching "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and that she "loved it" and that it "reminded her of me" Now this could be in reference to the fact that I love movies, especially the off beat and weird. Or maybe over the years she has noticed things not quite put back properly, and even a few missing things. I regret the thefts now, but at the time it was too hard not too. Anyway the short answer in since very recently, yeah I wonder if she, at the very least, has a good idea.

Sharon
10-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I never wore my mother's clothing, but I did borrow many of my sister's things when I first started dressing. She swears to me that she never knew, although I had this tendency of borrowing without returning -- or at least not for a long while. Gads, I had drawers full of her things at times! :p

AshleeMarie in AZ
10-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm unsure, but I think my mom may have thought I went through a phase. I was never outright caught, but had too many close calls and got too many comments from my mom for her to have been completely in the dark.

lisa33tv
10-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Mum says she never knew or had any idea i dressed only until i came out to her.Lisa x

Marianna Julianna
10-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Oh I'm sure they did, funny thing is though when I used my sisters things it was always my brother who got accused, although maybe he was doing it as well!

veronicagurl85
10-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Hi ladies. With me it was the complete opposite. I just recently told my mom that I dress and I had asked her if she knew of anything going or or any fishy stuff and she said she had no idea it was completely new to her hehe. I love my mom

Much love
Vero

Mollyanne
10-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Yes. my mom knew and even helped me with my dressing!!!!! She came home early one day from work and "caught" me wearing her garterbelt,stockings and bra. She just stood in her bedroom doorway and looked at me and I at her. Talk about embarrassing moments. When we both recovered(actually when she recovered) she came over to me and kissed me and said that she always wanted a girl and that she now has one. We both cried alittle and hugged alot. Mom did buy me my own clothes,make-up and showed me how to become female. She never my dad or brother or anyone else for that matter and took that secret to her grave over five years ago. And yes I do miss her and say a prayer for her everyday.

:love: Mollyanne

Lovely Rita
10-21-2007, 07:23 AM
My mom definitely knew something was up, she caught me wearing my sisters leapard print mini dress, she found my stash of borrowed nylons, which I was not planning on returning, and when I was confronted all I could do was blush, caught red handed.

With time I asked her point out if I could wear pantyhose and she let me, I was around 12.

Oh yea, she knew and I always knew she loved me.

toniloraine
10-21-2007, 07:43 AM
i know my mom knew, when i was little i'd dress in her clothes all the time. during the summers i lived with my grandma and she knew also. one easter my grandma bought me a dress, leotards, shoes and a hat for easter, she kept them put up for me and my mom bought me a night gown and panties for grandmas house. she always called me her little girl. their both gone now,god bless them both.

Pretty Sissy Dani
10-21-2007, 08:36 AM
I'm pretty sure my mom knew--and my older sister, too. They must have noticed things of theirs moved/missing at times...and I'm pretty sure mom caught me just as I finished getting out of a pair of stockings once.

And I definitely know my mom found my stash of TV literature once.

WendyCD
10-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Mom knew in my pre-teen, teen years...Careless and thoughtless borrowing (stealing) of some of her clothing. My sister had a fit when she caught me in her new panties - everyone knew then!!!

I almost talked to mom - kinda wanted to have some help buying my own clothes - but by then there was a real sexual charge to my CDing - and, well, I didn't want mom anywhere near that space:o - so no meaningful discussion, ever.

Katie Ashe
10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Easter 2007, My mom and I knew talked, she knew I wore her clothes and shoes, so she says. She never addressed it cause she didn't want to, she says she will never accept me as Katie, but respects my choice to be. It's a touchy subject... :bonk:

ColleenCD
10-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Well, I guess when she caught me in her hose then I would have to say yes, she knew. Though never approving, she hasn't broached the subject since my teen years.

Colleen

Mandy Salamander
10-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Moms' know everything!!!

mmandy31
10-21-2007, 12:26 PM
she knew that i wore her panties but she never really came out and said it
i always put them back the way she had them but i guess i didn't do it good enough
:happy:

Samantha B L
10-21-2007, 12:49 PM
My Mom never knew a thing. LGBT stuff gives her the creeps even though she does the best she can to be tolerant about it. I tried to come out to her like 5 or 6 times after high school and she did everything she could to ignore and push aside the conversation. I'm lucky in that my Mom and Dad were very lenient and easy going. But a family freind of ours told me more than once that she would never accept my CD'ing so just go ahead and be myself and don't involve her in it and she'll forget it.

janetcd2
10-21-2007, 12:57 PM
My mom knew and aproved helped with my dressing after school and took me shopping for shoes and my first pair of heels. She bought me all my things on the condition I not wear her's any more.

Janet

Karren H
10-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Mine knew I borrowed her things more than a few times.. Never caught me but she knew.. She did cauch my brother wearing my step-sisters panties.. He knew I wore my moms things two cause I showed him once.. My brother never took cding further and I'm certain neither of them know how far I've taken mine..

Angie G
10-21-2007, 01:54 PM
No but now that she has passed on I think she does now :hugs:
Angie

DeniseNJ
10-21-2007, 02:48 PM
My mom knew she even put me in a wig and took a picture of me brushing a dolls hair. I wore her pantyhose, polished my toes and put on lipstick. She saw me and caught me and gave me things. that was around 11. Then when I went on my own at age 18 she used to come by my apartment and clean up my house. I know I left hose and other girly stuff out and she would put them away. Then one day she found my wig in the closet Yes I blushed to and said it was for halloween, I think she knew otherwise...I just wish before my mom died that I had talked about my crossdressing with her, I just know she would have understood...

Katie Ellen
10-21-2007, 05:40 PM
A lot of good answers. Here's a follow up.

If your mom did think something was going on, do you think she would have mentioned it to your dad?

rustynail
10-22-2007, 03:06 AM
Not sure that Mum really knew, even though she found me inher silky nightie at the age of 2. Once i was accused of pinching a pair of her panties, cotton ones, yuk, and found out many years later that it was my brother! I know my Dad liked silky lingerie and he was always buying it for Mum, but i do think her wore it. Different times!

YangGuiFei
10-22-2007, 03:29 AM
I hope not, but I assume they do :)

Miss Petra
10-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Both my Mom & Dad were not aware of my CDing which started for me around 11 or so but were concerned that because I was so feminine I may be Gay. No they had no issue with me being gay just the extra hardship it would cause me. I was so feminine due to a hormonal imbalance. When I came out to my MOM recently she excepted me completely & made perfect sense to her. After seeing my recent makeover pics she commented "I had no idea you could be such a beautiful woman":D

Petra

RachelDenise
10-22-2007, 04:55 AM
I started wearing my Mom's lingerie and don't think she knew. She knew however when she found my hidden stash when I was about 13. Nothing was ever said, just a note to get rid of that stuff! I found a better hiding place. Have never talked to her about it in 3 decades but am tempted to do so now.

jozee
10-22-2007, 04:56 AM
oh yeah! beyond a shadow of a doubt! she found o9ne of her half slips in the bathroom garbage can where id hid itwhen i thought someone was coming in and forgot to put it back where it belonged. boy, did the fertilizer hit the fan!

Carla Maria
10-22-2007, 05:13 AM
My mom never knew, but I sure wish I would have had some sisters. It would have been nice to have more clothes to choose from.

karynspanties
10-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Both my mom and my sister knew. I used to "borrow" my sisters slips all the time. It was around 1970. My sister was in high school and wore slips under her skirts. Then as I got older, I started wearing my moms stuff. She nor my sister ever said anything about it until I was about 15. My father never knew. I would have known if he did.....with a major ass beating.

immike
10-22-2007, 06:57 AM

Katie
I still love to raid mothers closet&dress in her wardrobe,especially her short
skirtsuits.I usually pick out one of her silk blouses&slip into suntan pantyhose,ordered
out of mothers womens catalogs,and dress up in one of mothers outfits&stay
dressed for about an hour,walking through the house,in heels

franvonceder
10-22-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm sure my mother new - did not have good hiding places and several times she recovered her bras! In those days, late 50's in the UK, she must have been shocked as crossdressing was not mentioned.

Love Fran.

JoleneCDinPA
10-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Like most of us mine started with mothers clothing. Mostly for me, pantyhose, panties, silk slips and bras. I would wait untill all was quite in the house while mother was downstairs watching tv, get dressed for a short time then putting everything away. But one night while fully dressed I heard her coming upstairs, so I jumped under the covers in bed. Pretending to be asleep when she came into the room she gently tried to pull down the covers. I held on for dear life so she just walked out of the room. Oh,she knew but never said anything.:o

Chari
10-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Definitely she knew as she was the one that dressed me in my older sisters clothes to be her "sissy maid" from age four to help her do her housekeeping. She is gone now, but the femm side she created lingers on.

Hugs, Chari

Ðarissa
10-22-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm sure my Mom knows, but what she thinks, I have no idea. When I was younger I took a pair of pantyhose and stuck them between a couple pairs of pants I had in my bedroom, just as a quickie hiding spot and I planned to wear them later (pantyhose that is). Afterwards when I went to my room my pantyhose was laying there and one of the pairs of jeans had been moved. Theres no way she didn't see the pantyhose. I thought she would say something but she never did. I figure if she didn't say anything, then she was ok with it or she didn't want to know what I was doing with pantyhose.

When I was a teen and started wearing panties and my mom wanted to do the wash, I would take my male underwear and scuff them up on the floor and clean the dust off my TV screen with them so they would look at least half dirty. LMAO. I think she knew I was putting clean undies in the wash. Really you don't get dust on your underwear unless you crawl around inside duct work in them or something. I'm sure she noticed something was up with that? mom's are pretty observant and notice the little stuff you think will go under the radar. :p

Rhonda Jean
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Seems like this should be a pretty straighforward question. There's no clear answer for me. I often wonder about it, but my Mom is no longer around to ask.

I had very long hair, which I loved. I couldn't have had that without her approval. She rolled my hair for special occasions when I was younger and eventually I rolled my hair just about every night. She always thought my roller-set hair was beautiful, as did I.

Beginning in the 9th grade she bought me a lot of girl's clothes for school. Slacks, jeans, shirts, and shoes. Most of these I was unaware they were girl's clothes. In the '70's there was very little difference in the most feminine looking clothes sold in the boys department and a lot of the clothes in the girls dept.. The platform heels I knew were girl's, but they were almost the same as those available for boys.

For the most part, I think the clothes were a matter of practicality. I was so skinny that it was nearly impossible to find boys clothes that fit. The girl's clothes looked pretty much the same as some of the boys, and they fit better. Same with the shoes. I wore like a size 7 men's shoe. Not easy to find in those days. Women's size 6 or 6-1/2 was easy.

I got very little thrill out of this back then. I didn't think anyone could tell I was wearing girl's clothes. I later found out I was wrong.

She bought me the first men's nylon underwear I/we ever saw. This was also about 9th grade. Black, electric blue, and red. I don't know what possessed her to do that except that she thought they were pretty. She later said, "I can buy 3 pairs of panties for what 1 pair of thes cost. There's really not that much differenceexcept they don't have a fly. Would you wear panties?" To which I answered, "Well, I guess. It's not like anybody's going to see them." She bought me a nail file and clear polish when I started wearing my nails long, and told me I better keep some polish on them or they were going to split or break of into the quick. She also gave me some concealer and foundation to wear to cover my acne. She didn't like the way the tinted Clearasil dried and cracked. She always referred to the Clerasil as my makeup, anyway.

So,obviously she knew I wore gir's clothes and had a feminine hairstyle. It seems incongruent to say that I don't think she knew I was a crossdresser or transvestite, but I don't think she did. I may be underestimating her, but this was back in the '70's, and I don't think she knew any of those terms or that she associated any of this with any kind of deeply rooted inner femininity. I don't know that I did either. We were both so ignorant of this stuff back then. If she had had access to all the information we have available today, she may have not allowed any of it. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

There were other times when I got caught with one thing or another, but these were pretty insignificant compared to the everyday stuff I was allowed. It seems really stupid tht at the time I never put the pieces of the puzzle together. I didn't ever realize there was a puzzle! I don't think she did either.

Mayliis
10-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Hello Dear Girls,

I think of it sometimes also... My mom is very smart and i think she knew. may know that i have side lige this. But she have nothing mention.. so at the moment i let it be like this way...

Kisses My sweet girls,

laurie_f_ca
10-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Yes, she Knew. She dressed me as a girl for a school halowwenn party when I was 11. When I asked her if I could be a girl from then on, I am sure she regretted it.

Becca
10-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I am very confident that my mother knew, because she caught me in the act more than once. Even worse, when I was four, the whole family caught me sleeping in one of my sister's skirts. That didn't go over so well, and I eventually learned how to keep my interests private. Everybody but my mom seemed to think that I had grown out of it, but the opposite was true.

huleemoo
10-22-2007, 12:43 PM
If my mother knew she would have killed me.

:sad:

Carol Panty
10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
I think so. But she never approached me verbally on the subject of me wearing her things. I would take her panties out of the hamper most nights to bed with me, and often enought also out of her panty drawer. I was always careful, but I know I would occasionally leave telltale signs. One night she took a load of clothes out of the drier and placed them on the night table beside me while saying goodnight. All of those clothes were there all night, and I could not resist finding panties buried within and playing with them that night. I think she did this just to comfirm her suspicions about me wearing her panties but I will never know for sure. I wish I would have discussed this with her, but I never did and cannot now. She passed away in her 40's. A lovely woman and a great Mom.

Chris Corbett
10-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes, my Mom caught me once. Came home sooner than expected. She didn't say anything then and hasn't said anything since.

Katie Ellen
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
I never got caught, I'm just not sure if my mom (or later my younger sister) could tell that their clothes had been touched.

I was very careful! I made note of everything I could. Things like which way things were folded or hung on a hanger.

I was very paranoid. This was the mid sixties. I was really afraid that I'd be put away or something.

We're creatures of habit. I basically know how I fold any of my things. I think I'd know and I was probably naive to think she didn't.

Only once did she make any kind of offer. I had strained a groin muscle. After complaining for a couple hours my mom asked if I'd like to wear one of her panty girdles to see if it helped. I didn't hesitate very long.

It was never talked about again. I did want her to know so that I could do more, but I wasn't as lucky as some of you.

I still wonder though.

jackie_p
10-22-2007, 07:47 PM
I was fairly careful to put things back but I did get caught once.
Gave it the old, "I was just fooling around" excuse but as I look
back, she let it drop far too easy given her general disposition.
Some other small things as I was growing up too. She has been
gone for 6 years now and I never got the courage to ask her but
I think that she knew and just accepted it because she loved me.
That's what mothers are all about. So days I really miss her and
whish she was around to talk to now that I have made peace
with my dressing.

Jackie

boygirlman
10-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Mom knew.

Like so many at age 9 I started sneaking into my mother's room to wear her panties, stackings, garters, girdles, and slips. I never tried her outer clothes. It was a super thrill. I tried, always to put everything back just as she had it but there was no way I did. No 9 year old can.

Later, I started taking items from her dresser and not putting them back. I had in my drresser at least one pair each of a slip, stockings, garter and panties. My mother had to know even if she didn't miss the items from her stuff cause she did the laundry and put everything away including into my dresser. The stuff was not very well "hidden" that's for sure.

I did this right up until I left home. She never said a word, she never took the lingerie back and I dressed up in the privacy of my room. I felt so sexy then!!!

saratv555
10-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I'm sure she knew. I'm obsessive about hiding, but where do you think I got my obsessiveness? Yeah, I'm pretty sure she knew what was going on.

Sinthia
10-23-2007, 07:31 PM
I didn't ever crossdress until I was in my 30s and had been out of Moms house for a while, but with her attitude, I believe she would not let me do as I wanted, as long as no one else knew. Mom lived a life of accepting everyone as they were, or wanted to be. As for telling my dad Mom would never reveral a confidence, no matter what it was, to any one, so no, she would not have told him, if she had known.

annekathleen
10-23-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure if she knew that I liked to wear panties, but.......
I had purchased a lot of mail order panties for my highschool girlfriend, and we split up before I could give them to her, so, I had them hidden in an old type writer case (locked) and hidden under my bed. After I went away to college, I gave them all to my college girlfriend.
So, she may have know that I possessed them, but she also knew that I gave them away to my girlfriend.

shauna 9
10-23-2007, 10:43 PM
I think she did, Moms know lots of things they never tell us.

Katie Lynn cd
10-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Yes..my mother new. But she never said anything to me directly, although maybe it would have been better if she had. She would always make remarks about crossdressers though. If she saw a CD on TV she would make comments like "If I were a man, I wouldn't be found dead dressed like that". She always said thing like that when given the opportunity. I never had the chance to explain myself.

Angela Burke
10-24-2007, 05:54 AM
My Mum knew I was a CDr from the word go and it didn't bother
her at all. She always seemed to be wryly amused at my antics
but there was never any negative reaction. She was very tolerant
and considering I was was brought up in the late 50's way ahead
of her time.
Thankyou Mum.

Rita B
10-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Oh my mother knew all right. I enjoyed wearing her satin slips and nightgowns ( she had such pretty ones) and her kid gloves. Try as I might, I could never fold them the right way when I put them back in her drawer. She took to writing little notes like "don't touch" and place them in her lingerie drawer, not that it ever stopped me. Strangely though, she never confronted me with it and we never talked about it.

Jere Oneil
10-24-2007, 06:53 AM
My mom knew I wore her things. Just before I got too big to wear them, My grandpa walked in on me as I was sitting at my mom's vanity, wearing her bra, panties and a lacy full slip and putting on lipstick. It seemed that she had noticed her things were being moved,while she was at work, and had asked the grandparents to keep a lookout from across the alley where they lived. Grandma had seen me walk by the window and sent grandpa over to investigate. I got a really good spanking and talking to the next morning. Interestingly, it was explained to me that the spanking was for stealing her things, not for wearing them. I got the impression that I could wear dresses and skirts as long as they were my own. It wasn't long after that when I bought my first skirt.

Kellycrossdress
10-24-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't know for sure if my mom knew, but I always had the suspicion she did. She probably thought it was just a phase, and hoped I would grow out of it. I think as a kid, at one time I actually had more pairs of her panties then she did. I guess it never came to me that she would realize they were missing. She never said anything to me directly, but I remember one Halloween..at the last minute she had to put together a costume for me, to go to a church halloween party. I ended up, in one of her blouses, a wig, and some makeup. I always hoped she'd have taken it a bit farther. I was lucky, that as I grew up..I was actually the same size as her, so got to wear her things all the way through college. Just never got to show her the daughter she could have had.

ClaireT
10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Yes, my mother knew. She found some of my clothes in a box which I'd stored on top of my wardrobe whilst "cleaning up". We had a heart to heart and she said that she'd rather I stopped wearing women's clothes. I agreed, burnt everything and tried my best to tread the straight and narrow path or normality. It didn't last very long and once I'd left home I had the freedom to be me a lot more of the time.

The subject's not been raised since then (about 20 years ago). I'm sure that she wonders whether I stopped or not but she's never asked.

Jilmac
10-24-2007, 05:17 PM
i think my mom suspected for a long time, she would make remarks when they would go out and leave me alone, like "no fooling around" or "behave yourself". i think my sisters might have suspected something too because i didn't always remember how a certain item was folded, and i would always put their slips away wrinkled. my mom thought i "outgrew" my fooling around, but i didn't hehe.
Jill

occdresser
10-24-2007, 06:30 PM
not a chance, but mom always said I was supposed to be a girl, and she had a name picked out for me and pink cloths.:D Hey that reminds me I'll have to ask her and maby I'll have a new name:shades:

ptp009
10-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Mine did not know, wish I had told her tho

ColleenShivas
10-25-2007, 01:21 AM
When I was growing up in the 60s we had a storage closet where my mother would put things ready to discard or give away, including a lot of her old clothes, including bras and girdles. When I was alone in the house, this was my playground. I am sure I never put things back exactly as they were, but it did not matter that much. If she ever figured it out she never said anything. She was also the type unlikely to admit, even to herself, let alone my father, that anything was "different" about me. She was a great mother, but very old fashioned.

She has been gone for 10 years now, so I'll never get to ask.

Ashly
10-25-2007, 08:19 AM
.... i would always put their slips away wrinkled. ...

1st..my mom wanted to have another daughter..That's why I got the name Ashly and I had to wear my older sis dresses until age 6. Around age 10 or so I discovered her slips (my sis slips didn't fit me until I was 15..) ..Well, in the beginning I had the same problem like JiFem described it ;)...so eventually my mom dedicated some to me.

Janailene
10-25-2007, 02:21 PM
No question she knew that I wore her clothes as she would find them when I hid things. She sent me to be tested and that said "He is okay". I used to fully dress at 12 and take our dog for walks. There were questions about who was walking her.

Lili
10-25-2007, 03:42 PM
At age 6 my mother in a pair of tights, when she was gone from the house and all alone I would wear her bra's and painty's. One time she even found me in bed at night time wearing one of her bra's, yes she knew but did not say any thing at all. She is still alive but I have not told her that I was still dressing up in woman things :)

Love,

Lile

Dawn D.
10-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Not sure...........yet. I, like so many others here used to borrow her things when growing up at home. I never heard a thing as to whether or not she ever noticed any of them out of place. If she did she kept it to herself. Now, later in life she recently discovered that I paint my fingernails on friday evenings and that I always were painted toenails (she just laughs about it). I have considered telling her more, though, at this point I don't think that there is any real useful purpose for doing so. That might change in a couple of weeks after my sister in-law arrives for her extended stay with us. I've decided to tell her about my dressing, since she is going to be staying with us for four months. She does have a tendancy to blab a bit and Mom lives right next door.......we'll see!

Dawn

JenniferMBlack
10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Although she never came out and said anything about it she did find one of my sister skirts in my drawer and said " your sisters skirt is in your drawer again don't know how it got there but as far as I am concerned it can stay there" . She thought it was to short for sister to be wearing, guess it was alright for me though

breanna53
10-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Not sure if mine knew, but i remeber her showing me how to take care of my nails and hands, how to put on nail polish. :D

Cindi Ann Kelly
10-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Yes, moms know.

cindi ann

AmandaLatex
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
My Mom about four years after I was divorced and back in the house for a short time, asked me years later, what was that huge bag of clothes shoes and boots under the bed. I pawned it off as my ex's but I think she knew better. Never ever discussed it again.

Hugs, Amanda

Stephanie Anne
10-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Oh she knew! The only problem is my parents are so conservative, they had no idea how to handle it so like typical dysfunctional parents, they simply attempted to make it go away. I can't even think of how many times I have purged... oh the wonderful outfits I have given away!!!

20+ years later and I am finally working past the guilt laden feelings associated with acting like the opposite sex of my birth.

Oh how my life would have changed if they responded differently when I said I wanted to be a girl! :p

immike
10-31-2007, 05:33 AM

Katie
I'm not sure whether mother knows,and I still go in her closet,every day,after she
leaves for work.I greatly enjoy dressing in her good wardrobe,my favorite is her short
skirtsuits,with a pair of suntan pantyhose,ordered out of mothers womens catalogs,
with one of her silk blouses&her black heels.Other times,I just like to reach in the
closet&pull out one of her short mini skirts&a top/w nylons&heels.I am fully dressed in
one of her outfits right now,sitting at this computer

Poppetina
10-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Although I was always very careful as a child wearing her clothes I'm absolutely sure she knew.
I don't know whether she still thinks I dress but I guess she suspects.

Desiree2bababe
10-31-2007, 10:10 AM
My mother knew.

Princess29
11-18-2007, 12:27 AM
I really cant be sure if my mother knows. Like a lot of others, I thought I was very careful returning stuff when I was younger but no doubt wasnt as careful as I thought. I'm not sure if I want to find out if she knows anyway seeing as I live with my parents

Dawn Marie
11-18-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure she had the idea something was up, because I think my sister had told on me the few time she caught me wearing her dresses.

carolinewalker_2000
11-18-2007, 10:17 AM
The fact that she caught me at age 10 hiding under the bed whilst wearing her clothes leads me to believe she may have had an idea that I was a bit different!!!

Cristi
11-18-2007, 10:32 AM
I didn't know back then how OBVIOUS it is that Pantyhose have been worn since being washed. So that alone let her know that somebody was probably getting into her drawer to borrow things.

The thing that really tipped the balance was when I found a few slips and a pair of panties I had as a teenager washed, folded and returned to my room along with the other laundry!! I never put them INTO the laundry basket (of course) so she must have found my 'stash' in my room and decided that things needed washing.

I never spoke to her about it, and am still tempted to come out to her at some point. She DOES know I wear a kilt and at one point made a comment along the lines of 'I don't know why men don't wear skirts anyway, they are much more comfortable'. I should have told her right then but got cold feet.

jasmine57
11-18-2007, 11:10 AM
i know she knew. She walked in early and caught me in mer pantyhose and heels. Got me grounded from the swim team, but other than that she wasn't too bad about it.

Lucy Bright
11-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I was never caught, but considering how much I wore her stuff, and that I was (while being as careful as possible) no less clumsy than most 12-year-old boys, it's hard to believe she didn't twig. I remember once when I was about 17 watching a television play with her about a transsexual, and just after the TS had come out his mother she said to me "I wouldn't be very pleased if I found you coming downstairs in a dress". I kind of took this to mean, "I'd rather not know", but I can't be sure, and I've no plans to ask.

Kisses,

Lucy

Jennifer in CO
11-18-2007, 10:13 PM
After years of not considering whether she knew or not (and stupidly thinking that she didn't), I have to say she did...and in a big way.
She ignored me when I asked for panties when I was 10, but when I was 12 I had a part in a school play that for my costume I wore my older sisters satin/lace "Victorian" style minidress tucked into a pair of her black satin culottes (like capri's today) and Mary-Jane's on my feet (that we bought new for me since my feet were bigger than hers). Since it was satin it would stick to me...so she got me a cami ..that just happened to have a matching lace panty..that I wore under the outfit. Oh...and I wore black panty hose with the shoes. When I turned 14 I spent the summer with my Grand parents and Aunt. I spent most of it as a 14 year old girl (mom would have never understood that one - looong story!!) but I came home with past-shoulder length wavy hair. She actually didn't make me get a haircut (and then it was to just get it off my shoulders she said) till Christmas. Her stylist did my hair from somewhere around then (14/15) till after I was married!! Again now its no problem, but then it was a womans salon. Heck, when I got married, not only did she do my hair for free but the manicurist did my nails to boot!
- going on...-
I know she found my clothes stash at least twice between the ages of 14 and 15 because they'd be hanging in the front of my closet instead of under my shorts in my bottom drawer of my dresser. She never made a comment or questioned me about them and after the 2nd time, I left them in the closet. Other little signs that she knew but never said a word were: I had tried on her bathing suits when no one was home and they were way too big for me...except 2 - one an off-white bikini with "boy-cut" shorts-like bottoms and a one piece mallot in royal blue...both fit me perfectly. Same for her panties -except 3 or 4 pair with a similar perfect fit as above. 2 bras that were (at the time) 28AA padded training bras...now why would a grown woman with a 36DD chest need a 28AA training bra that fit me? I found these underthings by the strangest of ways...they were "accidentally" put in my clean clothes on my bed that I had to put away when I'd get home from school. Naturally, I had to try them on before going and asking who's they were. She'd just say -"Oh..those are mine...sorry" and say nothing else...on more than one occasion. After the 3rd or 4th time of them being in my things...I quit taking them back to her and I put them in my drawer...and she never asked about them. I'd just wear them, put them in the diry clothes, and they'd be on my bed a day or 2 later with everything else. As I remember, about 1/2 my clothes came from the GAP...no biggie today, but in the early 70s, they were a predominantly Jr's/womans fashion store. When I was 15, my 17 year old sister started going to a dermatologist. I had to go as well. Facials, treatments, etc...I got it all just like she did. I vividly remember one session, I was taught the correct way to apply/remove makeup and cleanse my face...by having makeup put on me and then having to remove it! This can go on, but I'm going to quit here....

So I'd guess I'd have to say she just might have known......

Jenn

jessbcuzz
11-18-2007, 10:29 PM
I got caught a few times. For some reason, mom would all ways catch me, no matter how late at night I did it.

Samantha43
11-18-2007, 10:38 PM
She probably knew, but never said anything. I was a dream child. I never really got into much trouble and always had pretty good grades, so she let me do my own thing. She has never said anything, and I don't plan on asking....

michellebesweet
11-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Moms just know those kind of things.

lanell
11-18-2007, 11:20 PM
She found bras and panties but I had lots of girlfreinds
so as she may have suspected I had excuses

Beth-GDB
11-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Yes, my mother knew. I basically stole some underwear and a swimsuit from an older GG cousin who'd outgrown them (they were packed away with other outgrown clothes, not taken from the clothes she was still wearing) when I was about 13 or so and took them home. I thought they were well hidden but my mother found them in my room. She tried to talk to me about it and even offered to get me some things but I was too embarressed to talk about it. I got out of that conversation as quickly as I could and the topic was never mentioned between us again. She passed away a little over two years ago so we never will have that conversation now.

DAVIDA
11-19-2007, 07:34 AM
I asked my mother if she had any suspicions and I was surprised when she said no.

ChanDelle
11-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I used to "borrow" her earrings for a while and evidently she'd find them and return them to her jewelry box. She had tons so I didn't think she'd notice. But she never said anything to me about it. When about 5 she caught me wearing one of her rinestone necklaces as I couldn't get it off quickly enough when she came to check on me from next door.

She never asked me why or anything, and I really don't know what she thought I was thinking or why.

ChanDelle

MarciManseau
11-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Wow! cool webpage. And i thought i loved slips :)

MarciManseau
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
My sister, who is two years older than me, was always dressing me up, and mom only began to object when I got to be about 9. Sis and I just sort of ignored her and kept on dressing me in her things. Mom wasn't home often, and dad was long gone, so it wasn't to hard for us to do what we wanted. Eventually, mom just gave up trying to stop me from being a girl, knowing it was hopeless, I guess. I was around 12 then.

My sister and I both loved wearing mom's slips, but we never wore any of her other clothes.

Stacye Rose
11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Yes, she knew. Busted me at 16 in my sisters dress, heels, wig, and lipstick. She was afraid I was gay. Gave me the "Don't turn out to be a mama's boy, talk". I moved out shortly thereafter. Never gave her any reason to suspect it ever happened again.

clairemarie
11-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Mothers always know more than you think they do. She had to have known. I grew up with two GG cousins. When playing together on weekends, dress-up was always one of our favorites games. I always wanted to be the mother. I would dress in my cousins panties and dresses. I never tried to hid what I was doing. We often asked our mothers to pic which of us looked the best. My favorite outfit was my oldest cousin's pink satin sunday dress with bows and ribbons. I would wear her black Mary Jane shoes. I felt beautiful. I will never forget how absolutely great it felt being dressed around my mother and my annts. Later when I started growing to large for my cosin's clothes, I begged my mother to buy me my own dresses and panties. She broke down once and bought me pertty blue satin dress with crinoline, panties, slip and shoes. I was told not to wear any of my outfit when anyone other than my mother or my annts were home. I am sure my father must have known because my mother never kept secrets from him. I was never able to get my mother to buy me anymore dresses after I outgrew this one. I know she must have known that I would try on her dresses and lingerie. My mother was a very beautiful woman and loved to dress-up and go out. My parents were very good dancers and loved to party. I wish I had had the chance to talk to her about it in later years. I do miss her very much.

I feel I had a most special childhood. I feel so lucky to be a man who likes to wear a women's clothing. I feel it helps me relate to people and I think it makes me a much better person.

Clairemarie

immike
11-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Mothers always know more than you think they do. She had to have known. I grew up with two GG cousins. When playing together on weekends, dress-up was always one of our favorites games. I always wanted to be the mother. I would dress in my cousins panties and dresses. I never tried to hid what I was doing. We often asked our mothers to pic which of us looked the best. My favorite outfit was my oldest cousin's pink satin sunday dress with bows and ribbons. I would wear her black Mary Jane shoes. I felt beautiful. I will never forget how absolutely great it felt being dressed around my mother and my annts. Later when I started growing to large for my cosin's clothes, I begged my mother to buy me my own dresses and panties. She broke down once and bought me pertty blue satin dress with crinoline, panties, slip and shoes. I was told not to wear any of my outfit when anyone other than my mother or my annts were home. I am sure my father must have known because my mother never kept secrets from him. I was never able to get my mother to buy me anymore dresses after I outgrew this one. I know she must have known that I would try on her dresses and lingerie. My mother was a very beautiful woman and loved to dress-up and go out. My parents were very good dancers and loved to party. I wish I had had the chance to talk to her about it in later years. I do miss her very much.

I feel I had a most special childhood. I feel so lucky to be a man who likes to wear a women's clothing. I feel it helps me relate to people and I think it makes me a much better person.

Clairemarie
I love to sneak into mothers closet,wearing suntan pantyhose,and trying on mothers
good wardrobe,especially her short skirtsuits,silk blouses&heels.Sometimes I also
pull out one of her short mini skirts&silk top&a pair of her heels.One day I was in her
closet,fully dressed in one of her outfits&sitting at her makeup table,doing my hair&
makeup

jandebs
11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
my mum caught me in my sis's partyfrock and frilly nicks when i was about 5 ( and just about traumatised me for the rest of my life ). I resolved never to risk revealing my inner feelings with the family ever again.

After my wife died about 13 years ago and i'd gotten over blaming my mum for stuff, and gotten over being angry with her, i mentioned it all again. She was going through family photographs and as i saw my life there on the table, i said i had a photo to add: a pic of me in a little black dress with the rockgroup i was playing with, and got rejected all over again. I was called into the lounge ( very formal u.k. family ) and told that they were far from happy with the information, and wanted to pretend i'd ever mentioned it. A few years later my dad and bro died, leaving my mum on her own with my sis and me, and for her sake, i put my feelings aside and have supported her, as far as i can, which means visits are infrequent, but we speak on the phone regularly.

I called her on the phone last night and found her distraught and tearful. She'd been talking with one of my neices who'd visited my daughter while i was there ( my treasure of a daughter accepts me ) and hearing that i was openly femme, and realising the effect of her lifelong rejection of the 'whole me', apologised, wants things to mend. Said i loved her.

The way we are is difficult for those around us, particularly family members. In the face of rejection, don't push. Don't think your problems are any worse or frustrating or logjammed as anyone else's. Don't harbour hurt in your heart. Remember that our femininity isn't our possession. Remember that it is there for all time and we can be with it, lovingly, whatever we must wear, however we must be.

Mitch23
11-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I get so emotional reading these stories. probably because i never experienced that reconciliation. i'm please that you and your mum have been able to remove that barrier and that you did not harbour bittereness in your heart

mitch

Kimberley
11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Yes, my mother knew, oh how she knew! I was about 3 when I received my first "correction" of behaviour. After a couple more times I definitely learned to go in the closet.

When I was 5 I was caught again this time the correction was total humiliation in front of her friends. I have never forgiven her for that. There were always little comments and innuendos through my life.

Okay so with all that said. I wasnt very good at hiding my things and I am sure she found them on more than one occasion but never said anything. When I was 10 she did dress me up with full makeup and all for halloween. Of course I stayed out as late as I could; who wouldnt?

I think that even to this day what bothers me most is that she never sat down with me and talked about it. She never tried to find out my feelings and that is something I can neither forget nor forgive even 10 years after her death.

So, like most TS I made bad choices (out of ignorance), married and family etc. So today history repeats except my wife is trying to get some sort of handle on it. I dont know how far this will or can go but my priorities are still family first even if it kills me in the process.

Kimberley

Donna tv
11-19-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm in the not sure catagory , but I kind of think she knew I was different. She knew I always loved everything that was silk or satin. I would always love the feel of a blanket edge and she she bought me a pure satin purple comforter that I loved . Eventually she made me a skirt to wear for my first Halloween party that i went out enfemm . She never really came out and just asked me though

jonnie64
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
My mom found my entire stash of pantyhose!!!! She sent me to therapy!!!!!!

carhill2mn
11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh, yes, my mother knew that I wore her clothes and she did not like it one little bit! The funny thing is that after I left home to go to college, she never mentioned it again.

ellieparsons
11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm sure my mother knew that i dressed, but never came out & asked me, i was never really good at putting her things back where i got them & she made little comments about that stuff but mothers know all, you can't hide anything from them.

Mary Morgan
11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
When I was a teenager I was caught several times by my parents. I suspect that my behavior and my lack of stealth probably lead to their catching me. When I told my wife of many many years that I was a crossdresser, she said "gee, that's old news". When I asked her how she knew, she said I hadn't been that good about covering my tracks, especially when it came to removing my eye make-up. My mom always said she could tell when I was lying, I suspect she could tell more than that. A year before she died, I asked her if there was anything about me that she wanted to know (This was after she had commented that she really didn't know me) she said no, that she knew enough.
Moms are funny people, but they are very much plugged in to what is going on.

Kristen Kelly
11-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Mom knows not because I told her but she caught me at 8 in the bathroom wearing her bra, panty girdle, and black sweater, all she ever said to me was "Don't do it again", never listened to her. With me growing my hair, pierced my ears, wearing women's jeans and my mannerisms I can only guess she knows that I never listened to her, she is now in her 70's and don't think I will tell her but time will tell.

Well 3 weeks have gone by and I have told many friends, was out as Kristen for Halloween and was seen by a few of my brother's friends, going to wait till the new year and talk to her.

Debutante
11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
I think she suspected. i tried on her things too many times, and wrinkles appeared, things got moved.....