PDA

View Full Version : sales assistants in the uk

charllote34
10-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Some of you will know that from time to time i have been knocking the UK from the point of view as a male to female cross dresser .That was before today i went on a shopping trip to manchester and i am not kidding you all the sales assistants i encountered served me with a smile on their faces and were really helpful .
If in the very unlikely event any sa are reading this thank you ,you made my year , hope to post some new pictures soon.
Hugs charllote x x

Kieron Andrew
10-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Manchester are very used to Tgirls as many events have been there including Sparkle, so girls have been shopping :D, glad you had a good time

charllote34
10-20-2007, 02:54 PM
thank you kieron it was ace :hugs:

Mitch23
10-20-2007, 04:28 PM
been shopping in plymouth en femme many a time and found all the SAs absolutely brilliant - professional, helpful and supportive

Mitch

Deborah Jane
10-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I,ve not had too many probs with S.As since being myself...I often have a laugh and joke with them..Never been En Femme yet though!!

charllote34
10-20-2007, 04:38 PM
No i havent gone shopping en fem , but i stop saying the clothes are " for my wife , girlfriend etc..."

LoriFlores
10-20-2007, 06:28 PM
No i haven't gone shopping en fem , but i stop saying the clothes are " for my wife , girlfriend etc..."

I guess it might make a possibly awkward situation easier for both parties. However, I suspect that only the newest and most naive of SA are fooled by the "for my wife, girlfriend etc" line. The typical SA have seen "us" before and know darn well we are buying these things for ourselves. We are only fooling ourselves if we think they are buying our excuses.
I just buy what I want and get on with it. Actually, I've never had any comments or questions when I take this approach. Early on, when I first started buying female cloths for myself I would try these silly excuses and looking back I realize I couldn't have been fooling anyone. Back then was when the questions came up from the SA. I should have just relaxed and been honest and said that I was shopping for myself. I might have even found help when I really needed it picking out and coordinating outfits...

trannie T
10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
My only experience with British sales associates has been watching Mrs. Slocombe and Miss Brahams on "Are You Being Served?" I imagine that sales associates are much the same all over. They are primarily interested in making a sale. Many are in the profession because they enjoy working with people.
As for the excuse of buying something for the wife I'm sure most sales associates are aware of who will be wearing the clothing they are selling. I am not ashamed of being a crossdresser and therefore have no need of silly excuses.

christid66
10-20-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm so pleased for you Charllote....so just hurry up & post the pictures:heehee:

charllote34
10-20-2007, 07:12 PM
HA HA Its nothing like that at all those places dont exist !!!! this is the 21st centuary , " are you free lol!!!

sherell
10-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Its harder here to not be noticed

Emma England
10-21-2007, 06:39 AM
I have bought clothes, and an sa has asked is that all? (Meaning is that all the clothes I am buying).

traceyanne
10-21-2007, 09:29 AM
never had any problems buying my stuff although i never been fully femme when doing it. i stopped using the excuses many moons ago, when i tried the old girlfriend one and the girl says well i hope it fits you and smiled. just tell the truth, they have seen it all before, wont be first and wont be the last as one told me im M&S. when i was buying some lingerie.