PDA

View Full Version : What Have You Done For Your SO Today ?

Joy Carter
10-20-2007, 07:51 PM
I have friends who don't lift a finger around the house. In fact they make fun if me because I like helping my lovely wife.

Today she was busy and we are having a party in two weeks. So I did a major cleaning of the family room, including cleaning the carpets.

So how about you girls ?

KarenMichelleLuv
10-20-2007, 10:11 PM
I have friends who don't lift a finger around the house. In fact they make fun if me because I like helping my lovely wife.

Today she was busy and we are having a party in two weeks. So I did a major cleaning of the family room, including cleaning the carpets.

So how about you girls ?

Joy,

Cool idea for a thread.

Today I shopped for our coming party, cleaned the kitchen and did a few loads of laundry. My SO is out of town and I want her to come back to a clean, ready to party home.

SandyR
10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Today I finished our back splashes in the kitchen, while she cleaned the house. Real team effort!

SandyR

Tip or Ozma
10-20-2007, 10:51 PM
My wife is in New England for a long weekend (Red Tent) with some of her female friends. I am taking care of her cat and the housework among other things.

Curiously, she left me a phone message about being in Providence, Rhode Island this afternoon and it being a "fantasia" weekend there. She reported lots of beautifully dressed men and a few ugly ones.

mikala
10-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Took her dancing, and she looked great (hot).

I wish I was wearing her clothes, but it won't fit tonight.

JenniferMBlack
10-21-2007, 05:46 AM
I cooked dinner do most nights in fact also I do the laundry quite a bit, Other then that didn't do much for her yesterday was a lazy day after work.

Raychel
10-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Today is only just starting here. But just this week I sent her flowers at woirk. She really liked that. Then yesterday, while she was gone shopping with her mother, I cleaneed the house, did dishes and did laundry. Then I took her out to dinner. Today she has to work.

Lovely Rita
10-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Joy thanks for sharing that. I know I can always use reminding, although right now I have to say that I have been pretty helpful lately. Worked on the front lawn, installed new house number, organized and cleaned up the garage as well as raked leaves, all this yesterday. Then as a reward to both of us we went to Macy's and shpped till we dropped. I do tend to slack off though and so your thread is a good reminder.

Electra's GG
10-21-2007, 07:25 AM
I helped my SO pick an outfit to go out in

NatashaCD
10-21-2007, 08:04 AM
I helped my SO pick an outfit to go out in

I helped my lovely SO by doing the dishes, the washing, made her muffins lol

Andrea's Lynne
10-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Right now she's sleeping in and I'm surfing a bit. But when the kids wake up, I'll let her sleep, get the kids breakfast and clean the kitchen.

Sundays I typically do the laundry and vacuum the house.

We split the chores pretty evely, and like to joke with each other about doing women's work......I tell her I have to "earn" my panties:D

christid66
10-21-2007, 10:26 AM
I showed her that I love her by putting the toilet seat down and squeezing the toothpaste from the bottom of the tube:heehee:

Jenny Beth
10-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Like always I do major cleaning on the weekends from top to bottom. I'm not much of a cook but I always do the dishes and tiding up after meals. I even have my own frilly apron, not so much for fun but because it's practical. Spaghetti stains are next to impossible to get out of a pink top.....:(

Katie Ashe
10-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Since she went into depression, I do 95% of the things around the house, and deal with my own feelings, take care of the kids, hold down a part time job, trying to get our DJ business off the ground, tolerate her drug problem at all cost. Our relationship is give and take, my therapist says i do more than my fair share :hugs:

Mitch23
10-21-2007, 10:53 AM
made her a cup of tea, run her bath, washed and wiped up a couple of times, put the rabbits out, changed their bedding, mowed the lawn, driven the family to church, dropped my son at his friends, been for a 90 minute run and soaked in the bath (the last two my little selfish pleasures)

mitch

Joy Carter
10-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I must say you girls are worthy house mates. :D
Anyone else ?

rachel_jean
10-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Raised the height of the sofa table I built her a few years ago so it would no longer be hidden by our newer higher backed sofa along with finishing the laundry, the dishes and some general cleaning.

Michelia
10-21-2007, 11:52 AM
I hope we can keep it alive so it can remind us from time to time of what we ought to be doing. My life is still such a mess that as much as I try to help, it is never enough.

Michelia

BarbaraTalbot
10-21-2007, 12:33 PM
She brought me a slice of homemade bread with fat-free cream cheese and sugar free jam.

Yesterday, though I did make her a couple of loaves of homemade bread. (No fishes though - I still need a little work)

Oh wait...I did do something...I let her sleep and got the baby's bottle this morning. Am I done for today? ~snuggles deeper into my covers~

MoonBaby GG
10-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Joy...that was a sweet thing to do and I'm sure you helped more than you realize. It's a lot of work to throw a party and entertain friends. I'm sure she appreciated it.

I hope I am allowed to respond (*somewhat*) to this thread? My spouse (Nicole Meadows) helped me put up decorations for our Halloween party. When I say decorations...I mean a ton of them. It takes hours. I really love this holiday. :devil:
I was so grateful for the assistance and it's fun doing something like this together...let's me know we're a team.

Karren H
10-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm trying to think of a day in our marriage that I didn't help her around the house.. Were a team.. And she helps me in the yard and working on projecys.. Hell we built a house together.. Nothing better tan a woman that can lay block and shingle a roof!! Hehehe. And you friends should be ashamed of them selves.. Next time tell him to get his f#*king fat ass off the couch and help or you put a dress on him!!

ChacTzul
10-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I bought her a new power tool set! She asked for a cordless drill/screwdriver and circular saw.

Dee Talbot
10-21-2007, 05:38 PM
What? Allowing Barb the pleasure of my company isn't enough??? Now I am actually supposed to be unselfish and DO things too??? :devil:

Well, so far I brought Barb a snack (as mentioned above). I did her nails last night, but it counts for today because it was after midnight. I showed her lots of affection.

It's only around 3:30 here, so I'm sure by day's end I will have found a few other ways to show her my love.

Dee

bridget thronton
10-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Took her to visit our daughter at college (and did the dishes, cut the grass, and took out the trash)

Joan Merrie
10-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Cleaned up her Jeep Grand Cherokee, cleaned up the garage, and gave her a massage.

Jocelyn Quivers
10-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I actually fixed dinner for her tongiht, and not an el cheapo frozen meal either. Real food. :thumbsup:

Angie G
10-21-2007, 07:30 PM
I do most of the dishes and the vacuuming and some of the laundry today I did the dishes :hugs:
Angie

Staci
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
I made her coffee for breakfast. Also, when she was in the shower last night I went out front, cut off a few pink tea roses from our rose bushes. I put 3 in a vase in the bedroom and put 1 on her pillow. I lit a few candles and left her alone.

Miss Petra
10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Consdiering Im passin Kidney Stones "I love you" & A kiss on her forehead is all I could pull off.

Nicki B
10-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Hopefully, I made her feel loved and wanted - and very special? :love:

Carla Maria
10-22-2007, 05:17 AM
Today I cooked the meals, cleaned and vacuumed the house. I've been doing a lot of the chores through the years and have never thought anything about it. Just part of who I am.

Chari
10-22-2007, 09:10 AM
My SO works full time, so I always do most of the dishes, laundry, housecleaning, grocery shopping, cooking dinners, and whatever else that can help give her more time for herself. I even bake cookies and cakes sometimes. It all seems very natural for me. :happy: We have no designated chores, just whatever has to be done. When I'm femm dressed I get more done and she tells me she "enjoys having her girl friend around".

Hugs, Chari