PDA

View Full Version : Ever have problems shopping ?

Veryvicky
10-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I have had this problem for quite some time and I am hoping one day I will be ride of the need to shop this way. I recently went out to shop for things I needed at work and since I am not at work I dress as a male at work. I went to the mall to get my male clothing items but as I got there I went right into one womens clothing store after another. Everything from casual wear to party wear, I got bra's, panties, dresses, tried on and even bought jeans and shorts. I was very happy when I left the mall, I loved the things that I got and couldnt wait to wear something nice to the club that night. I didnt have a single thing that I needed to wear to work. Later I went and bought some things that I needed, like socks and some T-shirts but it was like I would have been more interested in seeing mold grow as to buy these things that I am not excited about wearing. Thought I would share that moment with you and see if anyone else has done that.

Mollyanne
10-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Not exactly, but pretty darn close though!!! Whenever I go shopping for myself(guy mode) I find myself wandering in or in the women's dept. Not really a good place to be (very bad for the credit card) but I know what you are talking about. Good luck the next time but keep telling yourself I have to work, I have to work.

:love: Mollyanne

Samantha B L
10-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi Vicky, I don't like male stuff. If I could get away with it in my present circumstances I'd exist 24/7 en fem even though I'm CD and I'm not TS in transition. When I start to budget for clothes in my minds eye I start to set aside a lot of money for fem stuff and even though I'm middle-aged my Mom,Sister and Nephew have to really hit me over the head to buy stuff like guy's jeans,dress slacks,underwear and socks. Of course,guy's clothes are more durable if you're a hankerin' to join a posse to go hunt down timber rustlers in the North Woods or you're gonna go swim laps in half dry concrete and mud. So,I guess,in a way,we all sort of experience what you're talking about. But hell,if you can afford it and there's nothing standing in the way,buy female stuff.

krisinpink
10-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Boy clothes are BORING BORING BORING, my GF cannot get me to buy a boy shirt for myself, or anything like that without a lot of effort; I just have no interest in buying boy clothes. I have what I need when I need to look BORING.

Pretty things...now there is a different story...I drag her to the mall at her mere-est mention of shopping! She always knows where to find me...in the shoes, in the XL sales rack area, or checking out lingerie! She will regularly try to corral me toward the BORING stuff, but has a hard time of it, because I'm not interested!

sissystephanie
10-21-2007, 06:00 PM
I am kind of like Mollyanne and Samantha. I go into a mall, and very soon I am in a women's store, or the women's department in a department store. Usually I head to the sales racks to see what they have in my size. In fact, yesterday I found a very nice top and a an ankle lenght denim skirt that I "just had to have." Fortunately, they only cost me $46.00 instead of the $125.00 they would have cost!:happy:

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

Angie G
10-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Well yes I'm the same way hun :hugs:
Angie

christid66
10-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Absolutely....Have been shopping for women's things every week for the past month......Have no idea when the last time I bought any male stuff

Lora Olivia
10-21-2007, 09:20 PM
yep kinda the same here, with boy clothes it is definately function before fashion lol bib overalls and work shirts for work and any old pair of sweats and a tee for boy mode...girl time is so much different and wife even remarked on it this weekend when i said i needed a pair of brown shoes to go with a new outfit, she laughed and said this is from the guy who says let me pull on a pair of pants and a tee and we can go lol...got a new pair of brown ankle boots though and a pair of black wedge loafers too:D

RylieCD
10-22-2007, 04:00 PM
My :2c:, It is really hard to shop for myself (male). My wife is always trying to encourage me to buy some new cloths but it just doesn't intrest me. Unless I could find something comfortable that is trying to break the gender barrier. It has always been my opinion that male cloths are plain and quite uncomfortable. Its like the females it the prime cut of cloths and we get the scraps of cotten that just isnt soft enough. Yes I have been told that some of the womans cloths are uncomfortable too but many more of them are more comfortable the male clothing. Plus if you cant find what you are looking for you have 3/4 of the store plus all thhe speciallty stores compares to the small area the leave for the guys.

Sorry I do not mean to offend anyone. just stating how hard it is to shop some times.

Lisa Golightly
10-22-2007, 04:05 PM
I gave up buying anything male in.... ooooooo 1996.

Deborah Jane
10-22-2007, 05:30 PM
I hate buying male clothes..At moment i need a new pair of work jeans, but i can,t be bothered to get them!,,But in the last 3 days i,ve managed to buy a sequinned mini dress, lingerie, a top and 2 girly belts:heehee:..Trouble is i can,t wear them to work!!

Billijo49504
10-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Buying men's things is about as much fun as looking for bed bug or flees to infest your life.:tongueout Well maybe not quite that bed, but close...BJ

Karren H
10-22-2007, 10:45 PM
I buy both cause I have to look good no matter which gender I'm portraying!!! :D

Karren

pamela_a
10-23-2007, 12:06 AM
For me, shopping for male things just doesn't happen. My first piece of "womens'" outerwear was jeans. My problem is I'm very tall (6'5") and nothing male was ever long enough. Women wear heels :) thus the inseam is longer. Plus they're less expensive than men's in the longer lengths. That sold my wife on letting me get them.

My work tops are all polo style, so what if the buttons are on the wrong side and some of them are more V neck. For slacks, thank God for Lane Bryant. Again their talls have a long enough inseam and I never use the back pockets anyway so why bother to have them.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is if you really watch the style there are many items of clothing marketed to women ( I refuse to call them "women's clothes", cause they're mine) that can be worn without giving up the "male" look.

And the look never hurts when the high point of your day is when someone calls me "miss" or "maam", or when I cause a double take in the men's restroom :heehee: and all without make up, earrings, skirt, or my purse.

-Paula-

crusadergirl
10-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Its hard for me as well i don't buy much boy clothes mainly b/c i either don't like the style are i just have way to many guy shirts. I should of got a pair of pants for my self in the mens section but i didn't for some reason i need some new pants to go with my shirts. The men clothes aren't boring they just don't have what i like anymore. If they would just make more dragon shirts i would be happy. Either way i like shooping for girl stuff better but i can't wear it at work are at school.

Mitch23
10-23-2007, 04:48 AM
yes - no interest in boy things whatsoever - love girlie shopping though. I only ever buy running gear and live in it all the time - if wife and family buy me stuff for christmas then great but otherwise not bothered.

mitch

Emma England
10-23-2007, 05:01 AM
The problem is whether there is enough balance left on my credit cards!

I can't remember the last time I bought boys clothes. I have stayed slim, so shirts still fit me from when I was a teenager.

Shopping for girls clothes is more interesting. The variety is very noticeable. The materials are better. SA's welcome me.