PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

barbra
10-22-2007, 01:59 AM
i dont know if i can put this message here or not,sorry if i am i the wrong area,you know i was just thinking all weekend long,why isnt there a city somewere were a cd cant go out 24/7 and just be themselfs,were there is no hatfull people there(like my wife)were the city is ran by all cds.a loving city were you can dress all day long and go to work dressed like a lady you want to be.a city that only cds run like the malls,food stores,post office,and the goverment.a place were you can be what you want to be safe,happy and full of love for each other(not sex wise).a place were we can carry on our lives in peace and joy just beying a cd.that would be great for me.oh well just a though.:straightface:

Nicki B
10-22-2007, 04:47 AM
Barbra,

Where do you live??

Because IME their are plenty of cities where you can just be yourself - in the US & the UK (& Oz)? We don't need one all of our own?

You just need to grow the confidence to try it. So begin - just small steps, but start the journey....

sterling12
10-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Hmmm, a city with no hateful people, who will allow you to be yourself and do what you want? That City probably exists....but it's in Fantasyland!

Most cities have geographic areas that are very tolerant. But they also have area's of intolerance where dangerous, dull and dumb people can make life miserable or worse, for people who are "different."

As you move along in your CD Quest for truth, good luck in finding that mythical place, for the very well read and musically knowledgable, let's call it the "Isle of Eukale." The rest of us, are just going to have to deal with our realities. Think I'll go say "good afternoon," to Billy-Bob, that dumb-ass skinhead who lives down the street.

Peace and Love, Joanie

joann07
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
That's pretty far fetched, but it would be nice to go to a place like that.
I think the city that comes closest would be San Francisco.
And in Europe, that would be Amsterdam.

trannie T
10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Hmmm. A city run by crossdressers? I would be in constant fear of the Fashion Police.

Julie York
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
.......t........

:D

Melinda G
10-22-2007, 08:46 PM
There's always Key West, and Fantasyfest. :D

Sharon
10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Someone posted earlier today that they were from Sheboygan. Doesn't that sound like a crossdressing town?

:p

Jordan
10-22-2007, 08:56 PM
that ould be great but in todays life style not likley to happen

Kieron Andrew
10-22-2007, 08:57 PM
no thanks id rather mix in society

crunchysoda
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Be careful what you wish for..

Just a thought.

Billijo49504
10-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Sheboygan, I'm guessing is in upper Michigan. I'm not sure, but it probably has it's share of red necks, just like most places. But it would be nice. If the person from there would like to let us know how it is, I might have to take a trip. The Douglas, Sawgatuck area in SW Michigan is very CD, TG, gay friendly. That is what I've been told....BJ

Kim_Bitzflick
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
I thought San Francisco was close to what you are describing. Am I wrong? What so I know, I'm just a country girl.

Karren H
10-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Sheboygan, I'm guessing is in upper Michigan. I'm not sure, but it probably has it's share of red necks, just like most places. But it would be nice. If the person from there would like to let us know how it is, I might have to take a trip. The Douglas, Sawgatuck area in SW Michigan is very CD, TG, gay friendly. That is what I've been told....BJ

Or Sheboygan WI??? Both not you super TG friendly places, I know because i've been to both..... Though That girl that was on the TV show with Melimie was from Sheboygan, MI...

Thought Provincetown MA on the east coast was a gay/ tg tollerent town..... Known as Ptown.... So a few of my friends say.... here's the skinny... - http://www.ptown.org/

It's where a few of my friends vacation and dress enfemme the whole time... lots of artsy drag tg entertainment....

Karren

Sharon
10-23-2007, 04:28 PM

Heck, with "Sheboy" as the first two syllables, what else could it be than a TG town? :p

Carroll
10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Living in Ithaca, NY is great if you relate to one of these letters "LGBT"

http://cafeutne.org/towns/ithaca.html

Brianna Lovely
10-23-2007, 04:52 PM
That's pretty far fetched, but it would be nice to go to a place like that.
I think the city that comes closest would be San Francisco.
And in Europe, that would be Amsterdam.

I was just doing some research and came across this item, so I guess SF is out.

News stories from the San Francisco Chronicle and Associated Press have cited a 1999 study by the San Francisco Department of Public Health finding a 70 percent unemployment rate amongst the city's transgendered.

The survey also found that 46 percent of MTFs and 57 percent of FTMs reported employment discrimination.

Lora Olivia
10-23-2007, 05:46 PM
i think we just feel free to be ourselves almost anywhere. Not just your home town but sheesh a 30 mile drive and unless someone knows your plate number who is gonna know...this being said, when i am out with my best friend (have a really hard time with calling her my wife when i am in girl mode) we go a bit further afield so as to cause her less discomfort at maybe her being recognized and someone wondering who the woman she was with

Ms_Judys_pet
10-23-2007, 06:18 PM
How about adding the freedom to go out in women's clothing without having to pass.

i do want to pass, but i also want to be able to wear whatever i want. So it would be neat if this town also allowed men to go out in dresses.

ok, so i like the clothes from both sides of my personality!