PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready

charllote34
10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Its amazing isnt it?

I was in man mode going to see my family today just about to walk out the door and remembered i still had bright red nail polish on from last night ! So back in the house and could i find a single drop of nail polish remover anywhere? no .
Now i had to be there by 12 noon and it was gone 1140am , so i looked around for anything . I tried WD40 maintainance oil , no didnt work , then i tried oven cleaner , that didnt work either , eventaully i used White spirit and left the house smelling like a car machanic . I really need to start telling people!!:D OH hang on i paid the milk man this morning..........

Kris
10-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Its amazing isnt it?

I was in man mode going to see my family today just about to walk out the door and remembered i still had bright red nail polish on from last night ! So back in the house and could i find a single drop of nail polish remover anywhere? no .
Now i had to be there by 12 noon and it was gone 1140am , so i looked around for anything . I tried WD40 maintainance oil , no didnt work , then i tried oven cleaner , that didnt work either , eventaully i used White spirit and left the house smelling like a car machanic . I really need to start telling people!!:D OH hang on i paid the milk man this morning..........

ROTFLMAO!

Ðarissa
10-22-2007, 11:17 AM
:eek: oven cleaner! LOL

You could always put on a pair of work gloves. ;)

Dixie
10-22-2007, 11:43 AM
:eek:LOLOLOLOL:drink:

Deborah Jane
10-22-2007, 11:52 AM
:lol2::lol2::lol2:..WD40..Can be used for anything!!!..Except removing nail polish!!

Angie G
10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Polish remover issomething we have lots of in this house :hugs:
Angie

Kate Simmons
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Nope, I think acetone is the only thing that does it. If you happened to have any PVC pipe prep, it may contain acetone but that is too expensive, so I clean my pipes with polish remover prior to using them. Always does a nice job.:happy:

charllote34
10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Ahem!!! glad i made you all laugh!!:heehee:

trannie T
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Whenever I try to remove nail polish some still remains, usually on the edge of the nail where it is difficullt to reach with the remover. I like red polish but usually now use pink because the remains do not stand out as much.

MarinaTwelve200
10-22-2007, 04:46 PM
In this situation, I SCRAPED it off---a pocket knife or thr edge of a metal nail file---works fine---but takes a while.

You need to keep nail polish remover around---Tell folks its for working with super glue---the only thing tht will cut it.

Also you can say its a great way to save on buying ACETONE--99Cents for the remover vs almost five bucks for the labeled acetone--its the same stuff.

Leah B
10-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Top coat works in a pinch too. It liquids up dry polish.

Emma England
10-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Just say you are starting a new fashion trend. Keep the polish on!

Karren H
10-23-2007, 06:19 AM
What ya need is a set of stick-on fake nails all painted up natural to put on over you painted nails in case of emergency!! Lol

melissacd
10-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Whenever I try to remove nail polish some still remains, usually on the edge of the nail where it is difficullt to reach with the remover. I like red polish but usually now use pink because the remains do not stand out as much.

If you put a clear coat on first then you have less of a problem with the stains around the edge and then you can wear your bright reds if you like :D

Lovely Rita
10-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Its amazing isnt it?

don't you hate it when that happens:D