PDA

View Full Version : Gay/straight...dragqueen/crossdresser

Casandra Carrington
10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
To begin with at a very early age I never thought about GAY or STRAIGHT....but I did think about and did wear womans clothing...so I was thought of and told I was gay well I believe if your told something long enough and you get it hammered in your head from a early age you grow to believe it...The narrow minded world don't know exactly what to think about the trangenered...so many are still locked in the darkages when it come to this topic as well as being attracted to the same sex so naturally they would roll it up in the same ball of wax...I can even see how the mistake could be made....but from where I was raised the comunity and such for me in the late 70s the streets were not safe for gays muchless cders so when I found at 16 a gay bar that accepted me for my cding I was happy to be considered whatever...I had a place to dress and to be seen..it was only a matter of time before I was made curious about the same sex and I liked that as well...but for the record I have been hit on by more straight women in gay bars then I ever have been with men....now straight parties I have had more straight men hit on me...go figure...gay people in general don't like dragqueens or trangendered men but the lifestyle is tolerated...but to most gay men it is all the same...that brings us back to the darkages...the more things change the more they stay the same gay men do what they hate done or thought of about themselves...it is in my opion that it is the dragqueens and the shows that keeps or at least what has brought the gay bars out of the dark alleys and into the light of the eyes of society....and it is the whole ball of wax that has made me who I am today so am I straight NO am I gay NO am I a dragqueen NO am I a man NO am I a woman NO I am more I am Casandra I am ME...

DON'T HATE COMMUNICATE...BREAKING DOWN THE WALLS OF IGNORANCE IS THE KEY...

Kris
10-22-2007, 10:48 AM
To begin with at a very early age I never thought about GAY or STRAIGHT....but I did think about and did wear womans clothing...so I was thought of and told I was gay well I believe if your told something long enough and you get it hammered in your head from a early age you grow to believe it...The narrow minded world don't know exactly what to think about the trangenered...so many are still locked in the darkages when it come to this topic as well as being attracted to the same sex so naturally they would roll it up in the same ball of wax...I can even see how the mistake could be made....but from where I was raised the comunity and such for me in the late 70s the streets were not safe for gays muchless cders so when I found at 16 a gay bar that accepted me for my cding I was happy to be considered whatever...I had a place to dress and to be seen..it was only a matter of time before I was made curious about the same sex and I liked that as well...but for the record I have been hit on by more straight women in gay bars then I ever have been with men....now straight parties I have had more straight men hit on me...go figure...gay people in general don't like dragqueens or trangendered men but the lifestyle is tolerated...but to most gay men it is all the same...that brings us back to the darkages...the more things change the more they stay the same gay men do what they hate done or thought of about themselves...it is in my opion that it is the dragqueens and the shows that keeps or at least what has brought the gay bars out of the dark alleys and into the light of the eyes of society....and it is the whole ball of wax that has made me who I am today so am I straight NO am I gay NO am I a dragqueen NO am I a man NO am I a woman NO I am more I am Casandra I am ME...

DON'T HATE COMMUNICATE...BREAKING DOWN THE WALLS OF IGNORANCE IS THE KEY...

Casandra,

I am totally confused by this. Are you just trying to tell people to get rid of labels and just be who they are? Or what are you saying...

I think it's sad that we have labels like this that make others, especially kids who are just learning "who" they are - think they have to fit into a tiny box of restrictions. So I think I agree with you but still would like clarification.

:hugs: Kris

docrobbysherry
10-22-2007, 10:50 AM

DON'T HATE COMMUNICATE...BREAKING DOWN THE WALLS OF IGNORANCE IS

THE KEY...

Cassandra,
I guess my ignorance of this subject makes me the poster child! I'm a fairly recent CD addict, not attracted to men, and have very little experience with the gay community. I really don't get what u r angry about, or what u r saying about yourself. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure the others here will! I just don't. However, it sounds like u know who and what u r. That is of utmost importance to each of us. I'm still working on it.
RS

myspace'com/robertsherry

Casandra Carrington
10-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Hello Kris and robertsherry let me see if I can clairfy this some Kris you are correct I hate labels at least for the lack of a better emotion

as they say now days living inside the box...for the majority of the world it is a very tiny box....and there is so much more beyond that if people would try to understand...even clicks of groups that call themselves this or that...even on here in this forum I see post that exclude other groups that are shall we say cousins to what we are about some don't want to be confused as being gay and some say they are not a dragqueen I guess what my point is we are all the same perhaps with the same roots but have branched off in different directions...but to the small minded people out there that don't try to understand we are all one large undesirable group...

so in the end can't we ALL just love one another and get along are we all that different.....there are enough label makers out there without some of us throwing out labels as well...I hope this has helped...

Karren H
10-22-2007, 10:07 PM
WDCMIHPTGP!!

I love labels myself.... "well dressed coal mining, ice hockey playing transgendered person"

That's me!! :D

Karren

Kyoko
10-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Ok,Ok what is with the labeling stuff.

docrobbysherry
10-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Hello Kris and robertsherry let me see if I can clairfy this some Kris you are correct I hate labels at least for the lack of a better emotion

as they say now days living inside the box...for the majority of the world it is a very tiny box....and there is so much more beyond that if people would try to understand...even clicks of groups that call themselves this or that...even on here in this forum I see post that exclude other groups that are shall we say cousins to what we are about some don't want to be confused as being gay and some say they are not a dragqueen I guess what my point is we are all the same perhaps with the same roots but have branched off in different directions...but to the small minded people out there that don't try to understand we are all one large undesirable group...

so in the end can't we ALL just love one another and get along are we all that different.....there are enough label makers out there without some of us throwing out labels as well...I hope this has helped...

Thanks Casandra. I think I get it now. U wish that people would relate to others by what they have in common. However, most people look more at their differences, rather than their commonalities. Let me add, it also would be nice if everyone was suddenly open minded instead of judgemental. I wish everyone, including me, could do that. The world would change for the better, overnite. Nice thoughts, girl!
RS

myspace.com/robertsherry

Billijo49504
10-23-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi, I understand what you are saying about labels. We are humans, not labels, just people trying to live the best we can.Labels are for books or pages, not people. We are indiviguals of a like nature, not something that can be labeled. We are a warm, feeling person, not some piece of label. Just my thoughts on the subject...BJ

crusadergirl
10-23-2007, 02:09 AM
I don't much like labels myself but in someway they are needed.
I can't just say i dress like a girl b/c its just me, ppl don't get that they want to have something to call you. But i agree with you on all of what you have said. I for one don't want to be called a crossdresser b/c thats not what i am are who i am. But i did give my self a label (Girl Prodigy) so maybe i myself need a label but i just call it a name.
I know sometimes its hard to tell if i'm joking are not, but this for real.

Nicki B
10-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Labels are used too much to highlight difference, not commonality? I prefer umbrella words like trans, LGBT, myself??

Unfortunately it seems to be normal human behaviour for small groups to fight amongst themselves, where they think they can win, rather than against the rest of society? :strugglin

I know sometimes its hard to tell if i'm joking are not, but this for real.

Wisest to presume you are all the time, I think? ;)

Casandra Carrington
10-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Can I just call you Karren instead....it's easier to remember...LOL..

Samantha B L
10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
I seem to remember that at the very end of the sixties and on into the seventies there was beginning to be a little bit of tolerance and acceptance of the idea of guys in women's clothes. Be it for costumery or whatever. But at the same time in all of my cheap magazine and book reading in those days I got the impression that all this was clinically sound if it was as a prelude to being gay and/or transexual. Anything else was LGBT piracy and malingering. Fetishism and whatnot. This still makes me P.O.'d that this is what a lot of people beleived for a long time. I know I shouldn't put too much stock in Sociology and Psychology kinda reading materials,I mean,they do serve their purpose. I just wanted to know what to expect from society in general as I grew out of my teens and became an avowed adult CD. Pleasantly enough things were changing in like 1979 and 1980 and some people were becoming familiar with the idea that there are M to F CD's and of course,also F to M CD's. Call it a fetish or whatever,this has existed in all societies and it's not going to go away. I'm a hetero CD'r. I've known lots of gays and lesbians but they are for the most part uninterested in me and my CD'ing. I had one lesbian freind who wanted to do my makeup and a couple of gay guys who had some party wigs and stuff but like I said these people were uninterested in me. They used to have Drag queens on those TV Variety shows in the 50's and the 60's when I was growing up. they ran the gamut from Goddesses to Clowns. It was a cold war era show of TG/TS/CDism which was marginally accepted at least by TV MC's and Producers. I used to watch those drag queens and there was at least some satisfaction to see that somewhere,somehow,men buy that stuff or have it custom made and wear it for hours. They shave their legs,do makeup,etc.. It sounded like fun to me. All that was 40 or more years ago. But hopefully people are a little more intellegent nowadays. I'm sure many of us remember the famous "letters to Ann Landers" where wives complained bitterly about their panty wearing, hosiery wearing husbands and Ann Landers(who has no background in Psychiatric or Psychological matters)would tell these women that their husbands were sick and perverted,etc.. Anyway that was in like 1965 or therabouts. I think we're all a long way from a Grand Utopian Enlightenment. But maybe some people are a little more educated about crossdressing than they would have been 35-40 years ago and with that, eventually some of those annoying lables will begin to drop off

AmandaLatex
10-28-2007, 05:36 PM
I guess for me, labels were one of the reasons i stayed so hidden all those years. Being labeled one of theose "bad " things was a real fear. Today, just living in a small town is bad enough. I think younger cds now a days have it so much better. I almost wish I could take more advantage of it.

Hugs, Amanda:happy:

Casandra Carrington
11-02-2007, 08:56 PM
let me explain a little about the damage a label can do at a time in my life when sexuality itself was not yet thought of but because I was a little less masculine than the other boys or I was not as sporty as the other boys maybe even softer in every aspect than the other boys I was made fun of called names I was the target of every joke going around I couldn't walk home from school I had to run and take alleys and that was before I wore any makeup I had to learn to fight to be anywhere even my own yard boys would stand in front of my house and scream terrible names at me till I just wanted to die...so the earliest possible moment I ranaway to a different town not far but far enough and lived as I felt in my heart there was still ignorant people I guess thats everywhere..I've had gay relationships straight relationships trying to figure out what I was 20 years of thearpy to get to where I am now ...sometimes I look in the mirror and don't know who that is looking back...

NATASHA BOND GIRL
11-02-2007, 09:43 PM
those who live there life giving out lables will always see lables
but to live and let live you see a whole new positive world and lables mean nothing x x mwah x x:happy:

Kris
11-02-2007, 10:50 PM
let me explain a little about the damage a label can do at a time in my life when sexuality itself was not yet thought of but because I was a little less masculine than the other boys or I was not as sporty as the other boys maybe even softer in every aspect than the other boys I was made fun of called names I was the target of every joke going around I couldn't walk home from school I had to run and take alleys and that was before I wore any makeup I had to learn to fight to be anywhere even my own yard boys would stand in front of my house and scream terrible names at me till I just wanted to die...so the earliest possible moment I ranaway to a different town not far but far enough and lived as I felt in my heart there was still ignorant people I guess thats everywhere..I've had gay relationships straight relationships trying to figure out what I was 20 years of thearpy to get to where I am now ...sometimes I look in the mirror and don't know who that is looking back...

Casandra,
It is so sad to hear what you have to say here and yet I am sure it is so true, and true for many people who don't fit into the little box of what society calls 'normal.' May I ask where your parents were, did they stand up for you, did they just let kids stand in your front yard and call you names? I would not stand for this for a millisecond with my kids...and think any parent that allows that to occur needs to wake up.
Let me just say that I am glad you are here, and it doesn't matter what label was there before, you get to decide if and what you want to call yourself outside of human.

I guess for me, labels were one of the reasons i stayed so hidden all those years. Being labeled one of theose "bad " things was a real fear. Today, just living in a small town is bad enough. I think younger cds now a days have it so much better. I almost wish I could take more advantage of it.

Hugs, Amanda:happy:

Amanda,
OMG you make it sound like you are ancient and you are not much older than me.. I have been 21 now for.. 20 years, (almost.) It may have seemed like an eternity but sweety, the best is yet to come!

WDCMIHPTGP!!

I love labels myself.... "well dressed coal mining, ice hockey playing transgendered person"

That's me!! :D

Karren

Oh no Karrens new name is WDCMIHPTGP now please can you tell me how to pronounce this? :tongueout

There are too parts of prejudice though, acknowledging someone is different and holding them accountable AND not acknowledging that they are different and lumping them all together. There is a VERY fine line between them both.
We should all love each other, we should accept our differences with open arms and embrace them. We need to see the differences between us all so that we can still take pride in being unique.
JMO.. could be wrong. :hugs: Kris

AmandaNJ973
11-03-2007, 09:44 AM
For me Its pretty simple. When I am dressed up as myself
(Amanda) I am attracted to men. When I am being my genetic male stereotype I am usually attracted women. These lines do blur. What people call it
I could care less. For me at this time I call it being happy!